IV. THRU THE EYES

MY GHOST... JIMIN [Kookmin] 👻 👻 👻

As expected,when Hoseok wake up the next day he found his roommate covered & shivering.

 

"I told you,you'll get sick." Hoseok scold but he can't just left the younger alone.He called the school to inform the other's absence ,he wanted to stay as well but Jungkook was so stubborn & won't let him.

 

"I'm so much of a bother to you already hyung,you have taken care of me enough,I'll just lay down all day,no need to worry about me so go to school."

 

He doesn't wanna argue more,he was itching to ask Jungkook about last night but the younger never mentioned anything about this person,Jimin again & he don't wanna be nossy.

 

But one thing for sure,he can tell that his dongsaeng was faking the act,he can see the sadness in his eyes,he hopes the younger would trust him & open up.

 

He was hesitant to leave him but he got an early class so he can't stay longer.

 

Once Jungkook was alone,he goes back to being depressed,he was so dizzy,he got a high fever but the only thing on his mind was Jimin.

 

He wish he only imagined it that the ghost was not here,but after waking up this morning when Hobi hyung gently taps him & not the usual cheerful voice of Jimin he finally accepted it.Jimin might be gone for real.

 

'But why wont he at least bother to tell me he was leaving?Just a simple goodbye.' He can't help but sulk, it's the least Jimin can do for him.

 


They've been together for so long & the ghost always say he was something special to him hence he was the one his looking for so long,for Jimin to leave just like that.

 

"Such a meanie." He felt like crying again but he stops himself,he can't be weak now,he still has a life to live while Jimin,his, was long done.He shouldn't have existed in the first place.

 

He reached inside his bag pack & get his sketch book.Its the only thing that will ever remind him of the ghost.

 

He turned it pages by pages,he have sketched him so much his sketch book is almost out of free page.He sits,lean on the head rest.He gets some pencil & started drawing.

 

'Someday I'm gonna forgot how you look,before that happens,I want to draw you more.'

 

Taehyung was cautious around the east leader,his friend was not exactly nice right now,not that his exactly nice at all,but at this moment Jimin was beyond pissed all the time ever since they've gone to that party.

 

"I'm not pissed at you,just headache." Jimin told him once when he get overboard at shouting at him that made him sulky all day.

 

Jimin rarely lied to him so he believed him & became worried next,he saw a bed of tablets inside the other's bag & it's already half used.

 

"Jimin,since when did you started having headaches?"


"Since the party." said Jimin nonchalantly.

He stared at him incredulously, "That was almost 2 weeks ago!Are you sure your fine?Maybe we should have you check,what if you got that because of the accident!?" He was worried sick how can Jimin acts like nothing's wrong.


"It's just a simple headache."

"But that long?"

"Stop being dramatic,Tae."

"But Jimin..."

Jimin was one hell of a stubborn guy so no matter how much Taehyung convinced him to get a check up he just won't do.

 

"Then,at least sleep in my house for awhile so you won't be alone or better yet I will have a sleep over at your's."

 

"No,you won't dare." Jimin never let's anyone spend a night at his house even Tae who he was closed to, at the end Taehyung managed to make Jimin stay in his house, that way he can look after the other incase something happened.

 

Exactly 2 weeks has past.Jungkook was well the next day after he got sick,he never showed any signs that his mopping to his hyung.He appreciate that Hobi hyung never asked him anything because his not ready to speak yet.

 

He continues his routine everyday,he busied himself w studying & his thinking of getting a part time job so he don't have to stay at the dorm that much.Its not like he forgot about Jimin already,surely not like that but he can't stay depressed all the time.


'Besides that ghost hates it when I'm sad & keep doing weird stuff to make me laugh.'

That makes him missed Jimin more.

Once again he found himself thinking about Jimin,his trying to get by was because of the latter as well.

 

He applied as a cashier for a convenient store couple of blocks away from school,he was luckily hired,its convenient for him because they need someone who was willing to work from 6pm till 11pm,5 hours of duty.It was all he needed.

 

He got fewer subjects every Friday,his last class ends at 4pm so he have spare time before his duty at the store starts.He decided to go around & take pictures,even if he has enough time to spare he still rather stay out than go home.No one was waiting for him anyway.

 

He takes pictures just of anything but he likes the most to take pictures of the sky.He was imagining that the ghost was somewhere out there above looking down at him.He spent almost an hour already,the sun was starting to set,he was trying to get a better angle of it right behind a building,the contrast against the building was beautiful.

 

He adjusted his camera more,trying to get a better pics his still not satisfied with the first ones he took. He decided to zoom in his lens,he was acrossed the streets anyway but something caught his eyes,more specifically someone so familiar to him.

 

'But it can't be....' The building right across the street was a fine dining hotel & restaurant with glass mirrors,from where he was standing he can see clearly the people inside it.One caught his eyes,from the second floor just right at the window,he was sitting on a table next to someone else.

 

He has a dirty blonde hair he remembered he saw somewhere but his face,how can he ever forget that face,it's the look he never wanted to forget.But he can't rely on what he sees,he points the camera once again on the building but now focusing on the familiar person & takes a photo.

 

To his surprise that person looks at his direction exactly when he clicks the button.The image that came out was him looking directly at the camera w boredom on his face.


'Jimin hyung!'

He can't be wrong,even a little far he knows that its Jimin but looks a little different with his hair & facial expressions.He lifts his head again to looked at building again,there was no one there anymore at the spot he saw him before,the guy across the table was alone seemed to be at his phone.

 

'Am I crazy now?What the I'm thinking.'

 

There's no way he will be seeing Jimin there especially not someone that looks so human to him.He decided to look at the photo again but he found out it dies on him.

 

He turns to leave since his duty will starts soon scolding himself for imagining things.Just when Jungkook turns the person he took a photo came back to his sits.

 

"Why do you keep looking outside?" asked Tae when Jimin returns from the bathroom.

 

"I saw a photographer taking pictures of us right across the street."

 

"What?where?" Tae looks around & saw no one holding a camera.

 

"Guess he was just interested with me." Jimin said when he didn't saw the guy in a red jacket w camera.


"You think it's West again?They always love to stalk us."

"Maybe."

They went on eating when their order came.Its not a new thing for them to be followed around,the west gang used to do that before,they wanted to caught them doing something illegal but they got nothing.

 

The West was their rivals,but it has nothing to do with territory whatsoever its something personal not that anyone else know.The leader of the West used to be a good friend of Jimin when they were kids but as soon as Taehyung came,that friend changes,he became distant from Jimin.He was not the likes to chase around someone so he let him be but one incident made him hate that person.

 

"Are you still getting in touch w that person?" asked Taehyung,he doesn't wanna bring that person up but it seems like they are planning something again.


"Why would I?"

"Because his your f-friend." That person did bad to Tae,he was & always be afraid of him.


"As long as I remember his not."

"But,you are so close before I came."

"Exactly,since you came,were not close anymore."


Tae looks at him,ever since that day he never dared to asked about him, he never tells what happened,he just remembered that he became close to Jimin more after that,Jimin stays with him,he almost asked Jimin to stay away from him but when he found out that that person leaves to study abroad he changed his mind.

 

They just recently found out that person is now the leader of the West gang.


"I thought you still have communication."

"Stop talking about him, I don't care about that guy."


Tae nod & went on eating.

The floor was cold,everything around that small room is colorless & a single sofa was in the middle.

 

"Where am I?" That's the first thing that came to Jimin's mind.He tried to remember what happened before he passed out.

 

"There was a car accident,why did I suddenly passed out,I'm not even hit." When he regain consciousness he was laying on the cold floor.

 

He stands up even though he felt a little dizzy.This place was so unfamiliar,this is the first time he ever been here.

 

"Jungkook must be worried about me." He hopes so since he didn't know how long his been there.He went to the only door he saw, he tried to open it but its locked so he decided to past by it but he can't get thru it.

 

Then suddenly he realized that he wasn't even floating.He incredulously look at his feet that now was getting cold because they were touching the floor.


He just walked to the door he doesn't even realized.

"W-what happened.?" He felt himself,his still the same though only now he can actually feel something physically.

 

He looks around only to stop by the sofa in front of him.

 

"Someone was sitting there!" He gasp as he saw a mop of dirty blonde hair that facing back at him.He didn't notice him at all.


"Ahhm,hello,can you hear me?see me?"


The guy looks sideways,he can't clearly see his face but it somewhat familiar,its as if he saw it somewhere. He walks slowly to him but stops when the guy stands still not facing him & the sofa was in between.


"You can see me,right?I'm Park Jimin,how about you?"

The guy slowly turns his way,he can clearly see his face now, definitely he saw him somewhere.But the look on the other's face was sad,his eyes were sad.


"I'm... you."

Again he felt a sudden pain,he grips right across his chest,where the pain coming from,he was starting to lose consciousness again.He kneels on the floor & reaching out his hand for help but he already saw pitch black.


'Jungkook....'

Its past 10:30,Jungkook 's shift was about to end, he was just waiting for his workmate to arrived.

 

The chime at the door signals someone just entered.During this time customer rarely comes,he looks at the door where someone stood with a black hoodie, black pants & a sneakers,he has a black facemask as well. His not to suspect someone was a bad person besides it's a natural get up nowadays.

 

"Welcome! Good evening sir!" He greeted but was ignored, the guy went to the beverage area, he saw from the mirror as the guy get an energy drink & picks a bag of chips.He saw him going straight to the counter,its hard to really tell how he looks like.

 

He punch his items, the guy just handed him a couple of bills & get his items.

 

"Sir! your change!" He called him,he gave way more than the amount needed but the guy keeps on walking to the door but suddenly stops & collapse!

 

Jungkook panicked & went to the guy immediately.

 

"Sir, are you alright?" He sits him up & holds his shoulders to support him.

 

"J-jungkook..."

He shockingly looks at the strangers face that knows his name,his voice sounds so familiar & when Jungkook saw his eyes that was slightly covered with his hair, he can't be mistaken.


"Jimin!"

Luckily,his workmate came in just in time, he won't hesitate to leave the store & take Jimin to the hospital.He held both of his hands & carry him in his back,there's a nearby hospital from there, he runs to get there as fast as he can.

 

He was still in state of shock,more of the fact that he was seeing Jimin now. The most incredible thing was how he can touch him! And he was sure enough that his coworker also saw him. He dont even know what to think about everything but he was sure about that it's really Jimin but now in a human body!

 

When they reach the hospital, Jimin was put in the stretcher & rushed to E.R.,he was stop by the nurse when he tried to went into the room.

 

"Sorry sir, you cant go in there.We would need some information about the patient so can you come with us for a little bit."

 

He wants to stay but he knows he needs to answer for Jimin,he just made up anything,to Jimin having no known relatives & so on.


He waited at the bench,suddenly his phone rings.

"Hello."

"Where are you Jungkook,its past midnight!" It was the always worried hyung of him.


"Hobi hyung I'm at the hospital."

"What?! Oh my God! What happened to you this time!?" Hysteria, that's what Hobi was in now.

 

Jungkook chuckled a bit, "Hyung, calm down.I'm not hurt or anything, it's, uhm, my friend Jimin hyung.He was sick & I rushed him here."

 


Hoseok calmed a bit. "Oh that friend, well how is he?"

 

"I'm not sure yet he was still in the E.R." He said worried.


"Okay, wait there for me, what hospital are you in?"

Ten minutes past,Hoseok arrived & they both wait.Few minutes & the E.R. door opened, coming out the doctor.


"Your with the patient?"

"Yes, how is he?"

"Nothing that dangerous but he got a mild concussion & was so dehydrated we need to put IV on him, he will be out for a couple of hours.When he wakes up he can be released."

 

"Thanks, doctor." They both bow at the doctor.Jimin was transferred to one of the hospital beds.

 

Jungkook still wonders as he grab Jimin's hand how on earth did he turn into human? After almost two weeks of disappearing he came back in a human form, but why didn't he acknowledge him the first time?


'Jimin, where have you gone to?'

Hoseok silently watch Jungkook, its his first time to see this Jimin.He was sure he was special to Jungkook in some ways.


'Maybe a boyfriend?' He was really curious & wanted to asked but stop himself.

"Hyung, you should go home now, I'll just stay here & wait for Jimin hyung to wake up."

"Are you sure,Jungkook?I can stay besides its Saturday."

"No, it's fine Hyung & when he was released, we'll go home."

"Wait, you mean his staying with us?We're you together,I'm not prying or anything just asking..."

"It's a really long story and Jimin hyung, he have no family,his an orphan & he stays with me, I promise I'll explain more later, Hoseok hyung."

 

When Hoseok left,Jungkook just lay his head above their intertwined hands.


'Jiminie, wake up soon.'

He drifted to sleep in a few seconds.

The moment he open his eyes again what Jimin saw this time was all white,its takes a few seconds before he can adjust his eyes with the brightness.

 

He tried to move his hands but not been able to, he looks to his side & find someone sleeping on the chair beside him holding his hand.

 

For the first time, he felt tears running down his face, the emotion right now feels ten fold more than when he was a ghost.He physically feels as his heart clenched, he was so overwhelmed.Jimin thought he won't see him again.


"Jungkook - ah..." He whispered with trembling voice.

Jungkook stirs in his sleep & felt the other's hand tightly grip his, he was shocked to see Jimin awake & crying.


"Jiminie,what's wrong, are you feeling hurt somewhere?" His panicking.

Jimin shook his head but still crying.

"Then why are you crying?"

"I-I thought I'll never see you again."

Jungkook hugs him so tight."Me too.You just disappear & left me."

"No!I don't leave you, I don't know what happened to me.." Jimin stare at him.

"You were gone for almost two weeks now, you don't remember anything?"

"I remember when I was going to the store to meet you,I run to someone I've known quite long ago, after that there's this car that almost run on me, but you know I'm a ghost so it's nothing to me but then the driver avoid me, I think he sees me.I check on that car & that's when I passed out, after that I woke up in a room & I'm all human & someone was there, he looked familiar & he said his me then I passed out again, I wake up just now here... "

 

Jimin now remembers his encounter w the Keeper, he remembers what they talked about.Is him being a human will help him accomplish his mission to finally ascend?

 

"That's what incredible,Jiminie.Your a human now!"


That realization just struck to Jimin.

"Oh my God!Jungkook-ah,my God! I'm a human!"

"Quit a delayed reaction there!" He stated laughing.

"Seems the patient is all well now." They turned their head towards the door where a cheerful female voice came.


The nurse smiled at them both.

"I just need a follow up check on the patient, the doc said you can be discharge after this.He prescribed medication that you must take regularly, it's for headaches."


They became quite & just let the nurse check him up.

Soon Jimin was discharge.They haven't think about what to say to Hoseok hyung so Jungkook bring Jimin to a fast food chain.


Jimin was more fascinated as he looked around, he was used to seeing this stuff when he was a ghost but now he was standing at it.He was also getting his first meal.

Jungkook left Jimin to sit & wait while he ordered.He was never leaving his gazed from Jimin, his afraid he will just vanished.When he got their food he immediately went to him.


"Enjoying the view?" He as he keeps looking around.

Jimin stops & pouts.

"Jiminie,this is the first time you'll gonna eat, right?I'm sure you will like this." Jungkook hands him a burger.

Jimin hesitantly take it, Jungkook shows him how to eat it.He mimics him.

 

Jungkook can't take the smile off of his face while looking at Jimin eating so eagerly.At the back of his mind he hopes they can do this, spending time together, that Jimin truly exist right before him where everyone else can see him.