Chapter 9: I hope so

Sour Candy

The meeting ended at 12 o’clock. The arrangement is done, most of the ideas are accepted by both parties. The representative from the school is Seungkwan by unanimous votes. He rejected the idea at first, but being the top teacher in Pledis high making the expectation goes to him. Joshua promised Seungkwan to help him whenever he needs. Seungkwan actually doesn’t against the idea of the project. Heck, he even agrees that Vernon’s ideas are brilliant. The school will get the media and teachers to develop language learning for their students while the community will get new students. If the outcome coming out well, the school will make an exclusive contract with them. Win-win solution for both of them.

All of the teacher excluding Seungkwan, Joshua and Jun go out of the Language lab. The rest of them are still arranging the next meeting and other necessities to start the project. The small meeting goes really well. There is no hard feeling from Seungkwan and Vernon which makes Seokmin uneasy. Vernon himself is too absorbed with the changing of ideas and his workaholic mode is on. That’s why he doesn’t hesitate to talk with Seungkwan in the meeting. On the other hand, Seungkwan both feels relieved because he doesn’t have to deal with ‘feelings’ in the school and he also feels sad because he saw Vernon being completely okay and not heartbroken like him. In all honesty, Vernon is confusing to Seungkwan, one time he looked broken but on other time he looked completely fine.

Seungkwan brushes out his mind and packs up his notes. He has class in 10 minutes and the class is on the other side of the school. He walks out of the lab with Joshua and Jun but when he just outside the lab, Vernon calls him.

“Mr. Boo, wait up. You haven’t given your number yet.” Vernon hands his phone. “Ehmm…I mean, we will contact each other more often…for the project of course.”

“Yes, of course, Mr. Chwe.” Seungkwan takes the phone typing his number and finds out that his number is already in the contact list as ‘My Boo’. “You already have it.” Seungkwan gives back the phone.

“Oh, you haven’t changed your number after all this time?” Vernon looked surprised making Seungkwan taken aback by the fact that Vernon still remembers his number which he kept since high school.

“Yes, I don’t find any necessity to change it. Well, will you excuse me, I have a class in 5.” Seungkwan bows slightly and goes to the class followed by Joshua and Jun.

“If I know that, I should’ve called you, Boo.” Vernon mutters silently.

 

“Hey, Seungkwan. How’s the meeting?” Jihoon sits in front of Seungkwan in the school cafeteria. He brings a big portion of burger and a can of cola. Seungkwan grimaces by the sight of the food thinking about the possible calories and fat on that junk food.

“I thought I told you to start eating vegetable, Jihoon hyung.” Seungkwan opens his lunch box containing a portion of fruit salad.

“Excuse me, there are lettuces, two slices of cucumbers and tomatoes. They are vegetables.” He opens his burger showing Seungkwan a thin layer of vegetables which barely there.

“But-”

“I get it, okay. I’ll eat salad for dinner. Are you happy? Just let me enjoy my unhealthy lunch today. Anyway, how’s the meeting. Were there any sea of tears happening?”

“No. The meeting turned out well actually. They were quiet professional and the ideas are great. Over all, the project will be-”

“Wait, I don’t care about the project whatsoever. I’m asking about the Vernon guy.” Jihoon starts eating his food.

“Hey, Seungkwan. How’s Vernon? I accidentally met them in the parking lot and we talked for a while.” Jeonghan comes with a bottle of protein shake and sits besides Jihoon.

“Wait, you met them?” Jihoon moves aside his cola.

“Yeah…and boy, the trouble maker Vernon is a man now. That guy is a catch.” Jeonghan gulps his protein shake and says “He is taller than me by the way.” Seungkwan only rolls his eyes at Jeonghan’s comments.

“How’s he?” Jihoon glances at Jeonghan. “Handsome as ever.” Jeonghan clicks his tongue thinking about Vernon’s face. “You okay, Seungkwan?” Jihoon looks at Seungkwan who puts his spoon and sighs heavily.

“It’s just, he makes me confused, hyungs. Before the meeting he looked sad, during the meeting he looked composed as if nothing bothering him, after the meeting he was nervous asking my number. And…he still keeps my number and remembers them.” Seungkwan looks up furrowing his brows waiting for his hyungs’ responds.

“Well, that tells you something.” Jeonghan shrugs. Seungkwan still staring at them not satisfied with the answer.

“Look, Seungkwan. Actually, if you’re being pretty honest, what are you trying to prove here? What do you want to prove from him?” Jihoon’s voice turns serious indicating that he demands an honest answer.

Seungkwan can’t answer that. He doesn’t have the heart to tell them when actually the words are in the tip of his tongue right now. Seungkwan only shakes his head and rubs his face frustrated.

“Wait, let me guess. Do you want to know if he actually had feeling for you after all this time?”

“Did he regret his decision ages ago?”

“Do you still have feeling for him?”

“Do both of you still have a chance to come back like before?”

“Does he want to start over?”

“What would you do if he asks you about this? Answer me, Seungkwan. Oh my God.” Jeonghan starts to feel frustrated by Seungkwan’s silent.

“Is it okay, hyung? I mean, if I want to…If I want to start over with him?” Seungkwan bits his lower lip. “I’m making fool of myself again, ain’t I? I’ll be broken hearted again. He’ll leave me again. I’ll only break down everything I just made. I don’t know if I can recover once again. The last time was really difficult. You know that, right hyung? I mean you were there when I….was broken down.” Seungkwan’s tears almost spill but he closes his eyes inhaling deeply. He shouldn’t cry in the school.

“You’ll never know the answer unless you looking for them.” Jeonghan says quietly. “But you can take this slowly if you’re still not sure. You know, starting over.”

“It’s all up to you, Seungkwan. In the end, the final decision depends on you. We just can help you from behind.” Jeonghan rubs Seungkwan’s shoulder. Seungkwan smiles a little.

“But I’m sure I’ll be in front of you to chop his off if he messed up with you again.” Jihoon squeezes his empty can. Seungkwan laughs seeing his hyung is more worked up than him to take revenge.

“You shouldn’t do that, hyung. That’s a crime. You’ll be jailed and I don’t want to teach the choir by myself.”

“But they are barely fifteen people, Seungkwan.” Jihoon smile sheepishly.

“Fifteen people who are pain in the .” Seungkwan laughs heartily.

“Just make sure you’re not limping though, or people will notice.” Jeonghan smirks at his witty comment. They laugh at that forgetting the problem they’ve been talked about before.

____________________

 AN: Don’t forget to smile, beautiful readers :)