HimUp4

Shorts

from anon: "could you write some sleepy soft HimUp?"


Himchan has never felt more ready to go to sleep in his entire life than he does right now. Schedules have been absolutely insane lately, and he hasn’t slept in an actual bed in at least three days. He knows that the others are in the same situation. As soon as he, Youngjae, and Jongup got back to their apartment, suitcases were abandoned at the door, sneakers were kicked off and carelessly thrown into the shoe closet, and jackets were shed and draped over the top of the couch. Youngjae dragged himself to his room immediately, saying he was too tired for a shower and that he’d take one in the morning, and Jongup immediately made for the bathroom in his stead. Himchan went to his room, and, since he had his own bathroom, shed his clothes and hopped into the shower. He washed up sluggishly but quickly, afraid he might fall asleep under the hot water if he stayed in too long.

He’s standing in front of the mirror in a daze, now, staring at his foggy reflection through the steam that’s settled on the glass. He runs a comb through his hair half-heartedly, and skips out on the product his stylists tell him to apply to his roots after every shower. Instead, he swipes his palm over the fog on the mirror and stares at his still-slightly-distorted face.

Looking pretty good for having not slept more than four hours a night for the past few days.

By the time he leaves the bathroom, it’s around two in the morning. In his sleepy daze, he doesn’t even notice the man lounging on his bed until he sits down on top of him. He’s changed into a t-shirt and a (his last) pair of clean underwear, thank God, but he still flies back to his feet with a half-scream, half-shout, and a hand over his heart, just to make sure it won’t to leap out of his chest in fright. He expected to sink directly into his mattress, but this whatever-it-is he did sit on sure had a lot more bone and muscle going on than his bed usually does.

Back on his feet, he blinks and turns around quickly, expecting the worst, ready to face the subject matter of every nightmare he’s ever had, but all that’s there is Jongup. Jongup, tucked in under Himchan’s sheets and comforter. Jongup, with his hands folded behind his head, resting back on one of Himchan’s pillows. Jongup, not wearing a shirt, because he never wears a shirt to bed, unless it’s winter and the heat isn’t working. Jongup, who, despite having just been sat on by Himchan at full force, is looking up at him, just blinking, as if he can’t quite make out what’s in front of him, which makes sense, because Jongup’s vision is about as good as a star-nosed mole’s.

They regard each other for a few moments, both too tired to comprehend what to do in such a situation. Instead of trying to figure out what to say, Himchan thinks about how Jongup must have seen his while he was changing. It’s not like it would have been an unfamiliar view for Jongup––no, that’s most definitely not the case––, but Himchan cringes nonetheless. Or maybe Jongup was asleep, only to find himself so rudely awakened by way of being sat on. Except, on the other hand, maybe Jongup was the rude one, sleeping in somebody else’s bed. But, again, that’s something they’re familiar with.

It doesn’t matter. Himchan feels ready to drop, bare feet aching, so he lifts the covers and gives Jongup a gentle shove to make room. Jongup just rolls onto his stomach, and doesn’t move very far, but Himchan squeezes in next to him anyway, then reaches over to turn off the lamp on his bedside table. Jongup doesn’t say anything, and Himchan thinks he’s already fallen asleep again, until a hand that is not his own wanders across his torso, stopping to rest over his stomach. Himchan sighs heavily as his body settles down, his back aching pleasantly as it relaxes, finally free from the burden of holding him up. He stretches his legs out and hears more than feels his knees pop. Jongup snorts softly at the two loud cracks that break the silence, and Himchan can’t help but laugh a little, too. Jongup scoots closer to him, and nuzzles into his side. The hand on his stomach slides around his waist to loosely grip his hip instead. Himchan manages to worm his arm under Jongup’s neck, so that he can rest his cheek on his shoulder easier. Jongup cranes his neck to press his lips against Himchan’s throat. He’s barely there for a second, but Himchan is smiling into the darkness as he settles back into the junction of his chest and shoulder. He slips one of his legs under one of Jongup’s, tangling them together so that he can tug him closer, and Jongup gets the message, pulling himself up so that he’s half resting on top of Himchan, one leg sprawled over his left thigh and under the opposite calf. He noses at Himchan’s neck, now granted easier access, and breathes in deeply. He still doesn’t say anything; just breathes against him, occasionally kissing the skin under his lips.

Eventually Himchan’s hands find their way around Jongup’s waist, holding his hips and pulling him up to fully straddle his thigh and rest almost completely on top of Himchan, legs still sprawled out over his. Himchan can tell that Jongup’s not bothering to hold himself up. He’s letting all of his weight rest on him, fully relaxed into the warmth his body is radiating, still slightly damp from the shower.

Jongup continues to lazily kiss at his neck, his lips warm and soft, and Himchan hums, letting his hands wander further up his , his fingers tip-toeing over his spine and kneading the muscles of his shoulders gently, before traveling back down to press into his hips again. Jongup’s little noises of content are muffled as Himchan presses his fingers deeply into his skin. His hair, still wet, tickles Himchan’s chest and drips water over his shoulders, but he doesn’t care, certainly not, if it means he gets to lay here with Jongup on top of him all night.

Eventually, Jongup works his way up to Himchan’s face, after venturing all the way up his neck and journeying across his jaw. His lips flutter over his cheeks lightly, barely touching, before they press solidly onto Himchan’s mouth. He pulls back, then does it again, as if testing the waters they’ve swum in together hundreds of times already. He’s starting to fall asleep, Himchan can tell, as he moves his mouth languidly over his in a gentle, lethargic kiss.

When Jongup finally passes out,––which is really only about a minute later––, he’s still on top of Himchan, his body pressed into his pleasantly, comfortably. Himchan sighs deeply and settles down, loving the way Jongup’s weight rests on him, and they sleep through the night soundly like that, Himchan with both arms wrapped around Jongup’s waist, holding tight.