Earrings

Puppy Love

HEEBIN

"He arrived!" said Han Geng when SM High's Hyundai Elantra comes to pick them up to their dormitory. They then walk toward it and suddenly HeeChul unpurposely bumped into someone.

"Yaa!! What's wrong with you?! Didn't you use your eyes while walking?!" shouted that girl angrily to HeeChul.

HeeChul already opened his mouth widely to shout back to the girl when suddenly both of them can't help but to be startled by looking at each other.

HeeChul feels like the guilt runs away towards his heart just by looking to that face. That face that he loved.

"Chulie! Wae?" Han Geng walks toward HeeChul when he noticed that his friend doesn't't come into the car yet.

"Ermm… HanKyung! Meet my friend, HyeBin, from Namoo High!" HeeChul quickly turns into his acting skill.

HyeBin anger rises. Did he forget what he just did to me? But she just puts a smile forcefully for the sake of her 'lovely HeeChul' to make sure no one can get any hint about their relationship.

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is HanKyung! Nice to meet you!" Han Geng gives his hand to have a shake. HeeChul really has a big circle of friends.

"Annyeong! I'm HyeBin but you can just call me Bin!" HyeBin then shakes hand with Han Geng. If just HeeChul is as nice as other guy, she said in her heart. Along their one and half year together in love, they fight more than being romantic, not like what other normal couple would usually do.

"So, Bin, where are you going?" asks HeeChul make the situation looks normal. Yes, just greet her like typical friend.

"Where am I going? Well, I actually was searching for any volunteer to accompany me to go shopping for some things but it looks like impossible. I already asked my boyfriend about it but he rudely refused. So now, I thought I just want to go back to dormitory."

"Jinjja? Poor you… But we need to go back now. Go back safely, Bin!"

"Ne... Gomawo…" HyeBin replies and gives a meaningful smile to HeeChul.

HeeChul can recognize the anger behind her beautiful eyes.

As Han Geng already turns away his body to enter the car, HeeChul quietly holds HyeBin's hand gently to coax her. But it only happens for three seconds because he can't make it too obvious in the public.

He knows that his decision to keep their relationship as a secret is a wise thing but still, what he did just now was quite mean to HyeBin. And he knows that he needs to do something after this. For exact, they always having fight especially for HeeChul's attitude that sometimes was selfish. But one thing why they still remain the relationship until now is because HeeChul always know how to get back HyeBin's heart.

And again, HyeBin can't help her heart but to keep on loving him more. It’s always being like that. They have a fight and in the end, she always loses to him. She always falls into caring Kim HeeChul, romantic Kim HeeChul and protective Kim HeeChul.

***

TAETEUK

LeeTeuk sits at the small round table in the ice cream shop, taking deep breathe as he was rushing here. He looks around the shop, searching for someone. The person's not here. He looks at his watch. He already late for ten minutes but that person doesn't come yet. Or maybe that person already left because he's late. It makes sense. He started to feel anxious. If only he didn't oversleep at the dormitory, for sure this won't happen. He brings out his phone to call the person but for a coincidence, he receives a message from that person.

Oppa, I'm on my way there. Mianhae for being late! ×_× - TaeYeon

LeeTeuk releases a breath. He thought that TaeYeon already left because he was late.

It's okay, Taengoo! ;) - LeeTeuk

He just called TaeYeon this morning to ask whether she has any work to do today and asked her to go out. And as usual, TaeYeon never says no. Especially when he says that he wants to meet at their usual place which is at the ice cream shop. That Jum Taeng loves ice cream so much. For her double happiness, near the ice cream shop, there's a candy shop which she always go there to buy a lot of gummy bears. Furthermore, there are also many shops such as clothe shops, shoe shops and book shops. That's why if they want to meet, they prefer the street shops rather than the mall because it is enough. Plus, the location is quite safe because not so many of SM High's people come here compared to the mall. If the teachers know that there are two students from SM High School were dating each other, they will be punished. The students don't know why they don't allow to dating each other but they know that they must follow the 'dating rules' because the punishment will be heavy.

After about five minutes, TaeYeon reaches the ice cream shop. "Oppa! Mianhae! How long did you waited for me?" said TaeYeon while has a seat in front of LeeTeuk.

"Well, actually I also just came in about ten minutes. By the way, did you oversleep?"

"Ermm… I watched the drama on the television but later I feel sleepy and unpurposely slept." TaeYeon grins showing her teeth. "Oppa, how about you? We should meet at 2 o'clock, but now it's already 2.25 p.m. and you said that you just came ten minutes before me. That's mean, you also late, right? Yaa!! I know why, you must be overslept, right?!"

"Ne… I thought that I want to have a rest for about ten minutes before going out but it turned to be more than 30 minutes. I was rushing so much."

"Hahaha!" TaeYeon makes her ahjumma laugh. "Oppa! We're the same!"

"Ne…" LeeTeuk gives his hands to make a high five with TaeYeon to celebrate their bad similarity and TaeYeon replies the high five with her leftover laughs.

"Taengoo, Let's buy the ice cream!"

"Omo! I forgot about that! Let's go!" Both of them then go to the counter to buy their ice cream.

"Yes, welcome! What flavours do you want?" said the lady at the counter with a bright smile. One reason why they love to come to this ice cream shop is because the friendly service given by the workers beside the ice cream that are so tasty and the price is affordable too.

"I want vanilla and Oreo flavours. M size," ordered LeeTeuk.

"Any topping?" asked the lady while putting two big scoops of ice cream inside the cup.

"Rainbow rice."

"Okay, how about you, miss?" The lady gives the cup of ice cream to LeeTeuk.

"I want M cup of strawberry and rainbow flavours with a lot of gummy bears on it." TaeYeon shows her cute face. She always do that and that's why she still get the normal price of the ice cream although she asks to have a lot of gummy bears covering the ice cream. There were too lots of them until the ice cream can't be seen anymore.

"Just like usual," said the lady in apron while gives the ice cream to TaeYeon. And every time TaeYeon gets the ice cream, she will smile widely as if she gets her happiness.

"Gomawo, unnie!" After paying for their ice cream, they go back to the table.

"Aigoo! Taengoo! Don't you feel like going to puke by eating too much gummy bears? After this, you will go to the candy shop, right? I was almost sick looking at the gummy bears, you know?"

"It's delicious, so what?" TaeYeon said while eating the ice cream.

"Yaa! Taengoo! Even for the first feed you already had a mess on your mouth." LeeTeuk wipes the ice cream at TaeYeon's mouth using the tissue that was given along with the ice cream just now.

TaeYeon feels quite nervous with LeeTeuk's action but still remain calm as nothing happened. "I'm too hungry! I didn't eat anything before came here!" TaeYeon pouts.

"Aigoo… poor Taengoo… Let's go for lunch after this."

"Okay! After that, let's go to the candy shop!" said TaeYeon cheerfully.

"Ne… 'Gummy Bears'!"

***

SUNSUN

Sunny finishes her last feed and drinks the apple juice. She noticed that SungMin keeps glaring at her since two minutes ago. "Wae, SungMin?! You keep looking at me! Is that anything wrong with my face? Is there some sauces mess at my lips?" Sunny is uneasy with that look.

"Ne… You are so messy, Sunny!"

Sunny's eyes grow bigger. "Jinjja?!!" She quickly wipes with her hands.

SungMin laughs at her clumsiness. "Aigoo! I'm just kidding you! Haha!"

"Mweo?" Sunny's mouth opens automatically as she feels that she got fooled by the guy in front of her. "Yaa!!! You!!!" Sunny pinches SungMin's hand to release her exasperation towards him. "Nah, take this!"

"Auch! I'm sorry! It's fun to see you that clumsy like just now." SungMin keeps on laughing.

Sunny gives him a dead glare.

"By the way, your face when you're getting angry also aegyo and funny too!" said SungMin with some leftover laughs.

"Then what should I do? Everything I do make you laugh! I think I should bury myself into the ground. Will you stop laughing at me if I did that?" Sunny pouts unsatisfactorily.

"Aniya… If you did that, I'll be sad because I'll lose my precious friend like you." SungMin shows his sad face.

"Omo… I didn't mean something like that though… I also don't want to lose you!"

"So, in conclusion, you will always being aegyo and nothing can stops it. You cheer up my day," said SungMin. This time, he looks quite serious.

"Really?" Sunny makes her aegyo face and SungMin can't help but to lift up the edges of his lip.

"Sunny, let's be immortal friends!"

"Mweo?" Sunny doesn't have the idea what SungMin is talking.

SungMin exhales to get his strength for being honest to talk about this. "I can't make my day without you. You're such an important friend of me. Let's make our relationship one level upwards," he said while looking through Sunny's eyes.

Sunny still can't grasp the thing clearly. "What… do you mean?" Her eyebrows furrow.

SungMin knew this will be happen. It's a sudden thing actually. Both of them are a very close friends and it's out of mind to propose our close friend to be our lover. "I know this is ridiculous. But as I said, I'm happy with you and I don't want to lose you. I want us to have a bond. Talking straight to the point, I want to propose you to be my lover, Sunny-yah…" SungMin brings out a small square box that he kept in his trousers's pocket and opens it. And inside it there is a pair of silver rings.

Sunny was shock with that and she can't even say a word.

"I want you to be my lover and I don't even ask you to be my girlfriend if you're not willing to. I know it's a weird thing for us to be a romantic couple so it's enough for us to be lovers. I love you, Sunny! If you can't accept my love as a boyfriend, please accept my love as a best friend."

"What does this mean?"

"Lee SunKyu! You are important for me. I want to have you. But I think it's such a weird thing for us to be a romantic couple. I think the aegyo suits us more than the romance. And I also don't want to ruin our cheerful moments by having a too-formal relationship. So, please… Would you be my lover?" SungMin takes one of the rings and shows it to Sunny, waiting for her decision whether to accept it or not.

***

YEMOON

The movie already played for nearly an hour. YeSung started to yawn. Action movies rarely make him falls asleep. It's just because for the first 45 minutes, he can't concentrate to the movie at all as he keeps thinking of his cutie Moon GeunYoung. Furthermore, her perfume keeps lingering at his nose. He can't even understand anything in this movie as his mind was sticks to Moon GeunYoung. So that, when he decided to focus on the movie, he can't catch up what is happening to the casts and scenes of the movie. That's why his interest towards this movie started to slow down.

YeSung's eyes became smaller and smaller and then he feels like an electric shock go through his body from his shoulder. It makes him refresh from the sleepiness. He turns his head to his side. Oh my god, what a great miracle for having GeunYoung sleeps on my shoulder like this! Today is such my greatest day! Maybe this is a sign for our love that will blossom soon.

"Omo… This girl… GeunYoung!" GeunYoung's friend, at the other side of her, looks awry to YeSung for her friend's action.

"Gwenchana… Just let her like that. Maybe she's too tired. So, you come with her?" YeSung gives a sincere smile to the girl. Her friend is cute too, at his opinion but surely not as cute as GeunYoung.

Ne… I’m Moon ChaeWon from Namoo High, Moon GeunYoung’s best friend,” the cute girl introduces herself.

“Your names were nearly alike. I’m YeSung, her friend from SM High.”

Now, seriously, he can't hold his smile until the movie ends. He hopes that GeunYoung will stick with that position until the movie end.

***

TAETEUK

Both TaeYeon and LeeTeuk already had their lunch. As what they already planned before, LeeTeuk needs to accompany TaeYeon to go to her favorite candy shop to buy her gummy bears stock.

"Do you have anything else that you want to buy?" asked LeeTeuk as they went out from the candy shop.

"ErmmAni… But it's still early. How about you? Oppa don't want to buy anything?"

"I want to buy some school stuff at the book shop."

"Okay, let's go!" said TaeYeon cheerfully as she already got what she wants. She got her ice cream, her gummy bears and her time with her lovely Teukie Oppa.

They walk together to the book shop and suddenly TaeYeon noticed something interesting at one of the shops that they were passing by. "Oppa! Look! There are a lot of cute earrings at the shop!"

"Ne… You want to have a look at them?" asked LeeTeuk and he's actually quite interested to them too.

"Want!" TaeYeon then pulls LeeTeuk's hand to follows her enter the shop. With her happy face, she's so excited to see the collection of the cute earrings. There are a lot of designs there and the prices are also cheap. Without her realizing, her hand is still holding LeeTeuk's hand.

Noticing that his hand is in TaeYeon's hold, LeeTeuk can't help but to smile widely and made his dimple to be seen.

"Omo… I don't know which one to choose! All of them are cute. Oppa! Help me to choose one!" said TaeYeon while shaking LeeTeuk's arm.

"Ne, you're right… Each of them looks cute. But I thought that black rabbit looks smart. Because it's cute, but the black colour makes it look elegant." LeeTeuk gives his opinion about one of the earrings that attracts his interest.

TaeYeon have a look at the earrings mentioned by Leeteuk. "Oppa, you're really a good-taste ahjussi. You have good opinion in fashion." She comments what's in her head.

"Jinjja? I know that! No need to praise me!" said LeeTeuk, proud of himself.

"Yaa! No need to be proud, ahjussi! But that earring is really cute. I had decided! I'll buy that black rabbit earring! Oppa, there are only two pairs left… How if I treat you for another pair? So that, there's nothing left for other people and no one will wear cuter earrings than ours, right?" said TaeYeon enthusiastically.

"Aigoo! Taengoo! How can you have that kind of mindset?" LeeTeuk laughs when he saw TaeYeon was so excited about it.

"It's true, right? So, you need to accept my treat for this earring. No refuse accepted!" TaeYeon already brings the two similar pairs of the earrings to the counter.

"Ani, Taengoo! I can buy it myself!"

"It's okay, oppa! It's just a cheap earring though!" TaeYeon said while gives the money to the cashier.

"But…"

"No refuse accepted! I already paid them."

"NeGomawo, Taengoo…" At last, he needs to accept it.

"It's too cute, I want to wear it now!" TaeYeon already put the earring at her ear. "Oppa! Wear it now! You must looks cute by wearing it." said TaeYeon cheerfully while gives a pair of the earrings to LeeTeuk.

"Ne… I always look cute though." LeeTeuk then puts both of them at his ears.

"Neoppa..." TaeYeon rolls up her eyes. This guy always thought that he's cute. Fortunately, he's cute for real.

"Taengoo, look! Am oppa looks cute?" LeeTeuk shows up his earrings with the package of his cute-funny face.

Both of them just bursts out their ahjumma and high pitch laughs without realizing some people are looking and laughing at them.

***