They meet

My Boss and his Assistant

Right then, she understood why he wanted to meet at 6 o'clock.

The sky was diffused by ribbons of warm colors sewn together. Orange, pink. purple, red, it was magnificent, it was mother nature's sunset.

She was eager to share her excitement as she immediately searched for the bench he was talking about. After wandering along a short path, she spotted in the distance the one and only bench there, but she thought she was mistaken because no one was sitting on it.

She trudged away from the sidewalk up the hill towards the bench. She was glad that it wasn't so steep because she wasn't wearing the correct footwear to climb a hill. Sandals paired with a loose fitting shirt and her tattered shorts that had always been her best friend on hot days like this. She had to make sure to hold her shirt down as the wind always got under it and blew it up.

She was relieved to see that although he was not sitting on the bench, he was a few feet away from it, lounging back with his legs straightened and his arms on the ground to support his weight.

She lightly tiptoed to where he was, glad that the rustling of the grass muffled her steps. A sneaky smile appeared on her face.

The beautiful scenery suddenly disappeared from his eyes and was replaced with darkness as her soft hands covered them.

"Guess who" she masked her voice with a deeper, manlier voice.

"You don't fool me Yoona" he chuckled, placing his hands on her hand.

She took this as a sign to remove them, but instead, his grip tightened around them.

"Just for a second" he sighed. placing his hand flatly against hers to add to the pressure.

Her hands were warm and soothing, something he needed against his tired eyes, it was also nice to have someone to block out the world for him.

She tipped his head back a bit with her hands to get a better look at him in curiosity and worry to his actions. From the day he left her on the dance floor, she had never stopped worrying that she was elated that he called her to meet him here. She looked intently at him as he slowly opened his eyes.

Her brows furrowed together.

His eyes were weary and red, taking the life right out of his face. There was light stubble on his chin and his hair was a mess.

"Chinja... Can't you at least take care of yourself?" she shook her head disapprovingly as her hands moved up to fix his hair. He stared at her all the while, his thoughts had somewhat cleared having her beside him. "You look terrible" she concluded.

"Hello to you too" he finally smiled.

She was relieved to hear the amusement in his voice. He turned his head to stare back out at the scenery, she followed his gaze.

There was a little pond in front of them, the colors of the sky reflecting off of the surface. You could get lost in the tranquility of it, and that was then she came to acknowledge why he chose this place over others.

"I'm listening Jiyong" she whispered

"Where do I begin?"

"Wherever you want"

He took a long deep breath, glad that she wasn't pressuring him into telling her everything, but because of that, all the more he wanted to tell her. She was so genuinely concerned.

"Well" he began "Let's start with the fact that my mom has Alzheimer's"

She hugged her knees tighter when her heart had constricted because of the sadness in his voice.

"Its gotten to the point where she can't even remember me, or anyone else for that matter. The night I left so abruptly was because she had a flash of her memory, she had a moment of clarity". He glanced over at her who was listening very closely. "These moments are so rare that I have to be with her during it... because I don't know when she'll ever recognize me again. Then, I'm back to being her nonexistent best friend's son because that is the only way I can stay by her side without being kicked out"

"...What kind of person is she?" she asked gently.

"She was a very cheerful and loving person, always putting others before herself."

She reminds me of you.

"Now I don't even know who she is" he continued

"Yes you do"

"What?"

"She's still the same person Ji. You just refuse to see it"

He stayed silent, trying to understand what she was saying.

"All you see her as is an Alzheimer's patient who doesn't remember her own son. Alzheimer's doesn't change a person's heart. Just because her actions are different and her memory isn't there doesn't mean she's not the same person"

"But I don't want her actions to be different! I don't want her memory to be gone. I want to be part of her life." he choked on his tears. "I want to be loved by her, I want to feel her touch... I don't want to be forgotten" and finally, the tears escaped.

She turned her whole body towards him, straightening out her legs before crossing them. She spun his body around so that they are face to face before wiping his tears, her hand comforting him once more.

"I think I got something in my eye" he lamely excused.

"Save it oppa" she laughed before staring him deep in the eyes."You're not understanding my point here. At least she still loves you, she just can't show it anymore no matter how hard she tries. It's just one of those things where you just have to know."

"Take it from the expert of being forgotten." she tried to joke but failed miserably.

It was his turn to frown.

"Ah, I think I got something in my eye" she chuckled, looking down to hide her tears, plucking the grass to distract herself.

"Now I know how lame that sounds. Go on" He tipped her head up by her chin to look at him.

"I was abandoned Ji, at birth. What more is there to explain?" she left her grip on the grass.

"What if there was a reason for it?"

"There isn't"

"What happened to the optimistic Yoong?"

"I'll tell you when I find her" she smiled weakly.

He took this as a cue to not pry any further than he already has.

"Come here" he pulled on her arm and brought her closer, enclosing her into his arms. "I think we both need this" he whispered against her hair.

She leaned her head against his chest, taking a deep breath before closing her eyes, letting the hidden tears roll down.

"Thank you" he breathed.

"Hm?"

"For wetting my shirt" he teased.

"Bwoh?" she pouted, pushing him away. She searched for the pile of grass she had gathered earlier and threw it at him. He only laughed before he grabbed his own bundle and tossed it at her. This started their little grass war before he finally got up and ran away.

"Yah!" she giggled, chasing after him.

She was quite impressed with herself when she managed to catch up to him even in her sandals. They stood there laughing, while trying to catch their breaths. He smiled seeing the traces of grass in her hair as he slowly picked at them.

"Thank you Im Yoona for making my day brighter with your counseling skills and your forever childish behavior"

"I'll be here when you need me" her smile broadened.

 

--------

He took yet another look at the door, then at the clock, then at the door again.

9:30

"Who are you waiting for?" her tone was teasing.

His head snapped back to her. "No one" he said nonchalantly.

"Ohh. That explains why you've looked at the door for the 70th time" she nodded sarcastically.

"Watch it Sooyoung" Seunghyun warned.

"Yah! Don't talk to my girlfriend like that"

"You talk to her like that Daesung"

"T-that's different Hyoyeon!"

"Hm? Enlighten me" she placed her chin onto her hands, waiting for his explanation.

"That is... that is because she is my girlfriend! If you are in a relationship, you should be comfortable enough to talk like that to each other. R-right Yobo?" he turned beside him.

She smiled sweetly to him, which he returned with his unique laugh to lighten the issue. "NO! Just wait 'til we get home" she forcefully pushed his face away from hers. 

"You talk to me like that all the time!"

"When?"

"Right now!!"

"Someone needs to put you in your place Daesung" Seunghyun butted into their petty bicker.

Sooyoung laughed, sticking her tongue out at Daesung who had slowly sunk into his seat. Suddenly he bolted up, giving a mischievous smile. 

"That reminds me. you haven't answered Sooyoung's question" he smirked.

Seunghyun dangerously narrowed his eyes at him before he looked around the table to see all eyes were on him, waiting for his answer. 

"Am I some kind of criminal? Stop looking at me like that" he took a sip from his beer bottle.

"Ahh hyung! We're not fools"

"We? Seungri ah, you're the one who tried to impress Seohyun with your knowledge but ended up being corrected by her"

Seungri quickly took a peak at Seohyun who bashfully tried to hide her smile. "Kim Taeyeon, you-"

"Alright alright!" he finally interjected.

"I'm with Taeyang on this one, we only get together once in awhile but all I hear is bickering!"

"Thank you Tiffany" Seunghyun sighed in exasperation, although he had always found this group of friends to be quite amusing.

"Now, please get back to what you were saying" she gave him her famous eye smile.

"Not you too" he rolled his eyes.

"We just want to know who the great Seunghyun is restless over!" she whined.

"Chinja"

"Yeah"

Please?"

"Come on"

"You can trust us"

"If you don't tell us I'm going to torture you with my aegyo"

"That's going too far now Sunny. That's only going to land you a punch in the face"

The whole bunch pitched in, hoping to sway him with their relentless whining.

"Okay!" he silenced them. "If you must know... I'm waiting for...." he began slowly.

They all leaned in closer to him in anticipation.

"Jiyong"

They all fell back on their chairs in disappointment.

He gave a triumphant smirk knowing that they can't interrogate him further and so everyone went back to sipping their drinks and talking amongst themselves.

Then, the lock to the door clicked and in came bursting Jiyong who was laughing happily with Yoona that they were almost stumbling their way in.

All eyes were on them, including Seunghyun's.

"Oh? Annyeonhasaeyo" she immediately bowed at a 90 degree angle when she turned to see all the unfamiliar faces in the house. Jiyong immediately turned, his smile broadening as he approached them.

"Hello stranger" Sooyoung teased as she immediately got up to give Jiyong a hug.

"If you had told me you guys were coming I would have been here in a heartbeat!" he moved around the table to greet each and everyone of them warmly.

"And what? Ditch your girlfriend?" Seungri teased, nodding in Yoona's direction, who was standing awkwardly in the distance.

Seunghyun clenched his fists.

"W-we're not dating!" both of them said in unison as Yoona finally stepped out of the distance and closer to the table.

They all seemed to have the same reaction, all of their jaws dropped when Yoona had finally come into view.

"I wouldn't" Seungri answered his own question, bringing the group of friends back from their staring.

"Ow!" Daesung cried when he felt a pinch on his arm, bringing his attention to his girlfriend. "I still think you're prettier yeobo" he whispered sweetly to her.

Everyone, including Yoona heard it and so erupted into laughter, that is except Seunghyun.

"Anyeonhasaeyo, my name is Yoona, Im Yoona" she introduced herself again after everyone recovered from their laughing.

"Ayy. We're all friends here, no need to be so formal" Hyoyeon was the first to welcome her.

She was relieved and so visibly relaxed.

She was introduced to the whole table. Aside from Jiyong, starting on the left side, she was introduced to Sooyoung, a tall woman with long straight hair that framed her beautiful face. Next to her was Daesung, his eyes spoke volumes to her, his smile was so contagious. Beside Daesung was Seungri who seemed to be quite playful and loud, but he made her feel comfortable. Taeyang had a wonderful eye smile, she also liked his unique hair a lot. Hyoyeon was a pretty blonde, and was the most joyful among all. Baby-faced Taeyeon was beside her, and was one of the few that she had thought rocked the short hair. Seohyun was so classy and friendly, her clothes and her long straight hair indicated that. There was TIffany who also had a mesmerizing eye smile, with long dark curls cascading down her back. Then stood Seunghyun.

He was glaring at her like she had done something bad. She couldn't comprehend why he was like that, and she didn't have time to think either when he abruptly left the room.

"I'll see what's wrong with him this time" Tiffany shook her head mockingly.

She quickly dismissed the issue like everyone else had.

"Ummm" she turned to the table again. "Would it be okay for me to invite someone as well?" she asked timidly, afraid that she might offend someone. "You see I haven't seen her in weeks and I thought this would be the perfect time to-"

"You don't need to explain Yoona. We like to make new friends!" Taeyeon exclaimed happily.

-----

She joined them at the kitchen table again after making her call and found herself mindlessly munching at the snacks on the table.

"I can't believe it" Desung's mouth was open again. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked up.

"What?" she cocked her head to the side.

"You eat more than Sooyoung does!"

"YAH!" he earned himself another slap from her.

The whole table erupted into laughter.

"I think we found a new nickname for you... aliligator yoong!" Sunny exclaimed.

"I love it!" Yoona agreed in between her fits of giggles.

Because of many common interests, and the way they made Yoona feel comfortable, it resulted into them becoming fast friends.

-----

Seunghyun and Tiffany returned to a room full of noisy chattering, music coupled with fake sounds effects, and laughter.

"You totally betrayed me!!" she threw her controller down. "How can you turn your back on an alliance?"

He thought he had recognized the voice, and when he finally came into the living room, his assumption was right.

" 'Alliance' isn't in my dictionary when it comes to video games Yoona" Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out.

"Chinja, she trusted you with her life, and now she's in 4th place!" taeyeon reprimanded her.

"It's not my fault! You and Daesung became such threats to me that I had to take her down to live up to my name as 'never-last-kim-hyoyeon' "

He heard Tiffany giggling beside him before skipping off to join the girls in their sideline cheering.

"She fits right in doesn't she?" Jiyong leaned against the wall beside Seunghyun.

"That only spells trouble" he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Don't be jealous that we like alligator yoong better than you" Sooyoung who sat on the couch right by the wall turned around as she .

"Alligator Yoong?"

"That's her nickname now"

"I'd rather call her Trouble"

Yoona whipped around, making a face at Seunghyun who returned it with his own.

*ding dong*

Seunghyun was the first to turn away as he headed to the direction of the door.

"Kwon Yuri?" he frowned. Of course he knew who she was. She was the daughter of the other influtential company in Seoul.

"C-Choi Seunghyun?" Her eyes widened slightly. "I'm sorry, I think I got the wrong hou-"

"Yuri!!" she peeked inside the house to see an ecstatic Yoona running her way.

Seunghyun stepped aside for her to step in, which she gladly did just in time to meet Yoona's hug. He looked at them in bewilderment, as did all the head that popped out from the corner after the mention of Yuri's name. The only question in his mind was how Yoona is friends with one of the most well known names in Seoul apart from himself, but then that explained it for him. Just like how she is able to be living in his house right now, there must have been some circumstance for them to meet.

The two girls swayed around, still encased in a tight hug.

"I've missed you! You better explain everything to me" she emphasized the 'everything' by waving her hand dramatically into the air.

Yoona nodded furiously. "Come here" she led Yuri into the room everyone was in.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my best friend, Kwon Yuri"

Taeyang who had been the most quiet was the first to greet her. "a-a-anyeonghasaeyo" he hopelessly stuttered, not because she had a high status, he was use to that, but because she was breathtakingly beautiful in his eyes.

"Oh please don't be so awkward around me. I am not a scary person am I?" she joked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"O-of course no-"

"Good! Then I hope you can treat me as one of your own" she smiled warmly as she posed this request to the whole group.

"Well then, we'd be glad to" Seohyun kindly spoke up. 

"Great!" she joined them in the living room, and despite the daily stereotypical spoiled rich girl, Yuri was just as down-to-earth as the rest so she blended in well.

"I was honestly so confused when I was standing in front of this house. I was about to leave until I wondered if Yoona had won the lottery!" she started their important conversation with the whole group. "I was even more baffled when Choi Seunghyun opened the door" she glanced over at him. "Then I realized I've been so busy these couple of days that I missed out on so much! I'm dying to know how you're here in Choi Seunghyun shi's house" she clasped her hands together in excitemenet as she turned to Yoona.

"Oh I live here" she said nonchalantly.

"WHAT?" All of them screamed at once.

Then she grasped her mistake. 

Right... no one knows that part. 

She let out an uncomfortable laugh as she looked over to Seunghyun, desperately pleading him to help her, but all she got in turn was an amused smirk.

"Yuri knows this, but I was working in a restaurant that also provided me with a place to stay" she sighed, recalling her long night. "They couldn't afford to have me stay any longer so I wandered the streets for a place to stay the night when i came upon halmeoni who was getting her purse snatched away from some knuckleheads. I mean who bothers the elderly right? I couldn't stand it so I stood up to them. In gratefulness, she offered me a job as Seunghyun's bodyguard and gave me a place to stay... so things just ended up like this I guess" she shrugged, looking up after finishing her story. Everyone had their mouths slightly open, stunned by her story, even Seunghyun didn't know about this.

"Stubborn girl.When you had told me about your job, I told you to come stay with me instead of some cramped up storage room, but of course you refuse" she lightly slapped her arm. "I'm just glad that things are good now"

"So wait..." Seungri began. "If you are a bodyguard... Does that mean you can do some really cool stunts?" his eyes lit up.

She laughed. "Yes" she raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly what he was trying to imply.

"Prove it" he immediately got up onto his feet, challenging her.

"I don't think that is a good idea" Seunghyun chuckled, placing a hand on Seungri's shoulder as everyone else got up as well. Daesung kindly pushed the little table to the side, creating space in the middle.

"She's a girl hyung. It will be okay"

That one sentence, he remembered how that was exactly what he thought when he first met her.

"Don't ever underestimate" he patted his shoulder before pushing him over to Yoona. He smiled, throwing those exact words he was told at Seungri. He glanced over to her who had heard their whole conversation and he saw that she was smirking.

Seungri who took this whole thing as a joke started hopping up and down, fists in front of himself.

"He's seen this somewhere" Sunny rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" she confirmed one last time, still a bit hesitant that she would hurt him.

He smirked, which in the next moment she quickly wiped off him. Before he could do anything else, he was on the ground, gripping onto his back.

Since he had a much smaller build that Seunghyun's, she didn't even need to throw him over her shoulder. She just grabbed his arm, pulled him closer where her hand met his chest, and slammed him down... harder than she had intended to.

"Oh my goodness I am so sorry!" she covered partly because she was surprised and apologetic, but mostly to suppress her laugh that the roaring of laughter behind her didn't help.

She saw that Seohyun, although was giggling, had swooped down to help him which she could see made Seungri's pained expression change immediately.

"Him Yoona! Him Yoona!" they all cheered as she received high 5's from everyone.

"Let's not let Seungri sulk in embarrassment any longer guys. Let's get back to the Wii!" 

Before Yuri had arrived, they had all agreed to transition to the Wii to play WiiSports, and so as a few members were setting it up, the rest had to pick partners.

Sooyoung and Daesung were a must.

Taeyeon and Sunny, the jangshin couple.

Seohyun had begrudgingly agreed to partner up with Seungri.

"Yoona, partner with me!" Hyoyeon exaggeratedly pointed at herself while bouncing up and down.

"Never again you betrayer" she stuck her tongue out at her as she crossed her hands across her chest.

So Hyoyeon quickly ran to TIffany.

Taeyang, Yoona, Yuri, Seunghyun, and Jiyong were left, and it was still Yoona's turn to pick.

"Ummm...." she turned back and forth.

Seunghyun stood there, quietly smirking to himself, preparing to step over to her side-

"Jiyong!" she smiled happily while tugging on his arm, pulling him to her side.

Jiyong was elated, his heart quickening when he heard his name as well as when she held his arm probably because of his heart leaping in joy. He couldn't hide his grin that seemed to spread to both ears and it spread to her as well.

And there Seunghyun felt it again. The pang of jealousy mixed in with disappointment as he eyed the both of them, smiling and joking around. He didn't understand why he felt like that, and so it wasn't welcomed further in his head.

"I guess we're a group of three them" Yuri smiled sweetly at him, successfully giving him the distraction he needed.

The competition was thoroughly organized like that of championships. The ever so fair rock-paper-scissors decided the order of those who are able to jump straight to higher levels while the winner of the first round would move on to the next level and compete with the people there and so on.

Someone had the music in the house, as upbeat songs blared through the speakers. Everyone went all out to dancing to the music as well as playing Wii Tennis that they were exhausted by the time for the last game.

Seunghyun's group against Jiyong's.

Seunghyun hadn't been active throughout the whole thing until now, when he and Yuri were against Jiyong and Yoona. During the whole competition, his fists were clenched from watching her so happily laugh and converse with Jiyong, jumping up and down from their wins that he knew he couldn't see it once more.

His competiveness along with Yuri's athletic skills got them the win. Yuri cheered, clapping her hand against his to commemorate their victory. 

'gee gee gee gee baby baby baby. gee gee gee gee baby baby baby'

Despite their loss, Yoona celebrated with her crab leg dance to the famous song, and all his anger and jealousy had washed away. She was so carefree, just like a child he would always call her.

Groups joined in, while others just admired her perfect imitation of the dance.

"Yah Yoona ah, you could totally be part of SNSD!" Daesung exclaimed.

-----------

After bidding each other their goodbyes, she made sure to hug everyone on their way out. Yuri was the last to leave as she was chatting with Seunghyun, but Yoona waited patiently for a must-hug from her.

She slowly closed the door, still taking the chance to wave to the people leaving. There have been many firsts for her ever since stumbling into the life of Choi Seunghyun, and for the first time in a very long time, a warm feeling settled in the pit of her stomach.

That is, until she turned around.

He was leaning back casually on the wall, staring at her.

She frowned and walked right past him, wondering what had gotten into him. She wandered to the kitchen to grab a big garbage bag and wandered the house to pick up any garbage and beer bottles left behind.

"Why were you out so late?" he walked into the living room, where she was.

She didn't feel the need to tell him, besides, it was personal stuff.

"Answer me" he commanded.

"I am busy right now if you can't see that"

He became irritated as he swiftly gathered up the rest of the bottles into his hands and walked over to her. He put them into the bag and then tossed the bag aside.

He took a step closer to her where she instinctively took a step back. He kept stepping towards her until she was backed up against the wall. He raised his hands onto the wall on either side of her head, successfully trapping her there.

"Where were you?" he repeated.

She felt her heart pounding in her chest, but she couldn't distinguish it between fear or nervousness at his closness.

"I-I was with Jiyong"

He felt his hands ball up into fist beside her head. "Why?" 

"It's none of your business" she mustered up her courage to retaliate.

"Everything you do is my business now!" he raised his voice.

"Why?!" she forgot about her trembling heart when anger had begun to settle on both of them.

"Because you're mine"

Her eyes widened, her heart quickening again.

"You're my bodyguard. You work for me and only me. As your boss, I think it would be necessary to tell me about your whereabouts" he explained himself after his slip of tongue.

"I wasn't at work, and I will not be at work 24/7. I can do what I want too!"

They both glared at each other, neither one wanting to back down. Then it dawned on her. Her lips suddenly pressed into a thin line, as her face contorted trying to hide her smile.

"Damn it. Do not make me laugh when I am mad at you!" he tried his best to keep a straight face but failed in the end when she burst out laughing.

"It's a crazy thought... but perhaps... are you jealous Mr. Choi?" she cocked her head to the side, a smirk forming on her face.

He was caught by surprise as his eyes widened slightly.

"O-of course not"

"Really? Then why were you so angry?" she sneered.

"It's not because I was jealous okay?"

"...Then does it have something to do with Tiffany unnie?" her question came out before she could stop it.

"What?"

"I-It's your fault for leaving the door wide open! If you were going to hug her, do it a little more discreetly. Even though I was just going to make a call to Yuri, I could see the two of you clearly..."

"Wait... are you jealous Yoona"

Her head snapped up to look at him, astonished by his question.

"Never!" she tried pushing him away from her but he didn't budge.

In fact, he stepped even closer to her. She moved up onto her tippy toes so that she was flat against the wall, as far away from him as possible.

He smiled.

He slid his arms off the wall, and grabbed onto her waist which she responded with an 'eeek' out of surprise.

He pulled her into him, then s his arms to her back. She raised her arms in confusion to what he was doing as well as to not touch him.

"Didn't you want a hug as well? To wash away that jealousy of yours? You and Tiffany are equal now" he whispered into her ear.

"We have already had a hug though"

"Well then you beat Tiffany by one"

"Pfft" she rolled her eyes. She finally laid her arms around his neck after being in the air for too long. "Don't you mean this is what you want?" she smiled as she snuggled him close. "And for the record, I am not jealous" she wanted to make herself clear.

"Mhmmm" he smiled, humming into her shoulder.

 

----------------------------------

And there you have it ! Another late update from me ): so sorry guys, i wrote this awhile ago but i wasn't very happy with it so i left it... and today i decided to just put it up because of all my subbies ! It's not very good, but i will do better in the upcoming chapters ! :D I tried to make this one more fun and light, so here you can meet the gang ! All the SNSD members are here except for Jessica, and trust me, i have a very good reason for it! I hope you can spot some of the couples that i threw into here because they will be further developed in the incoming chapters... there's going to be some drama coming up as well.. so get ready ! I mean this can't be happy all the time right? Thaank you for the comments and subscribers ! Hope you continue to enjoy this fic :D