Bring on the Party (1)

My Boss and his Assistant

She got out the taxi and wandered along the sidewalk as she scanned the front entrance for the sight of him. She then saw the familiar figure leaning against the concrete wall. A smile lit up her face as she picked up her pace towards him and leaped out in front of him and bowed cheerfully.

 

"Anyeonghaseo Jiyong-shi" she said, still having the smile plastered on her face.

 

"Aigoo" he ruffled her hair in which she felt her heart beat faster. "Didn't i tell you to drop the honorifics?" he asked her.

 

She then remembered the whole day they spend together at the company the first day they had met as he showed her around the building and introduced her to everyone. They have seemed to have gotten close and she was always happier to have him around.

"Oops! I forgot. I will try my best!" she giggled

"Good" he laughed along with her.

"Oh? Did you hurt your hand?" he noticed as he looked down.

"ah, neh. But its much better now" she touched her hand lightly.

"tsk tsk you should be more careful!" he held up her hand to examine it. "Rest assured i will do everything for you today" he laughed when he saw that she gave him a big nod and put her hand down gently. He took in a breath of air.

"Do you know where this is Yoona?" he asked her

She looked around the place, familiar with the name of the building.

"Yes ! it's a shopping mall... but why did you want to meet here?"

"Well i guess you're aware that we have to be attending a party tonight"

She nodded and pouted since it was another night she would have to spend with Seunghyun.

He laughed knowing exactly what she was thinking. "It's going to be formal, so we have to find suitable clothes for you"

"we should've went to Dongdaemun then... it's much cheaper" she hesitated.

Instead of letting her make a decision, he grabbed her by her wrist and led her into the shopping mall. She thought he would release his grip once they got in, but instead they walked around the mall like that, while he searched for the store he was pleased with. She felt herself blush as people glanced at them when they walked past.

 

"Er.. Oppa" she finally spoke up. He stopped when he heard her call him that. Just the way she said it made him flutter within. He turned his head to look at her and wondered why she stopped. She looked from his eyes to their hands. He followed her sight and then realized that he had been holding her hand all this time. It just felt so natural for him that he had forgotten.

 

"Oh mianhe!" he quickly pulled his hand away in embarrassment as he saw her flushed face again. He avoided her gaze, turning to look at the store they were standing in front of. He skimmed the place and saw that it was the perfect place he had been searching for.

"Shall we go in?" he asked her finally breaking the silence between them.

"Eh? Y-yes" she said quietly.

They both walked into the store. It was so elegantly decorated, almost looking like a bridal dress store. There were lines of lights streaming across the room, beautiful ornaments were hung and decorated all around. Mannequins were stood everywhere, she didn't even know where to begin. Jiyong started wandering around the store to find something perfect, although he know she would look good in almost anything. She followed behind him clueless as to what she was finding. Jiyong held a few hangers in his hand as he turned around to Yoona, pressing them against her body to get a picture of what it looks like. Yoona would stand there and wait for some reaction from him but never got the one she was looking for.

 

She pouted, and so decided to help out by finding the perfect dress. As she moved about aimlessly to the other side, her eyes landed on the mannequin across from her. She instinctively walked to it, admiring the masterpiece as her hand reached out unknowingly at the dress it wore. Her fingers run down the soft and silky fabric decorated with distinct folds, seams, and ruffles. She then became curious as she reached for the price tag.

"EH?!?" she stepped away from the dress and regretted touching it. She couldn't even remember how many numbers that price tag read.

"We would like to try this on please" she heard a voice call out behind her.

"Me? Ani oppa ! I could never-" before she said anything else, she was cut off by a lady, already getting the dress ready for her.

"You have a very good eye miss. This is our one of a kind dress."

The worker gestured them to follow her, but Yoona refused to. He smiled at how genuine she was, how she thought that she isn't fit to wear such a dress.

"Bali Yoona" he came from behind her and started pushing her forward.

"But oppa..."

"No buts! If you like it you try it on ! It's that simple. If you change your mind after trying it on, then we will look for another one. Okay?"  he encouraged her, trying to convince her.

"Go!" He pushed her into the change room when she didn't respond. She didn't retaliate since the worker there was already helping her with the dress.

He stood in his spot for awhile with a pleased smile on his face. He started to walk towards the leather seats placed across from the change room without taking his eyes off the door. He was actually very curious to what she looked like as a smile appeared on his face from anticipation.


He groaned and laid back on the couch lazily as he grew impatient waiting. He looked at his watch for what seemed like the billionth time. He looked up to see if she has come out yet. Of course she hasn't, she hasn't for the last 20 minutes or so! He reached over to the table beside him for the glass of water that was offered to him by other ladies who worked there. He rejected their offer initailly but they insisted that they place it there, perhaps they knew how long women took to change.

He took big gulps of water to refresh himself.

The door finally clicked as the locked was turned and the door was opened. She stepped out shyly as she held her hand over her chest area. She wasn't use to such clothes.

20111229_kfashionista_yoona-e13251879707      

He looked from his cup as he continued to drink and turned his head to the door, since he thought he was imagining things when he heard it open.

He didn't expect to see her in front of him. He choked on the water and started coughing uncontrollably.

"Oppa ! Gwenchana?" she asked out of concern

He tried to regain his composure as the coughing died down. He looked at her, the girl that was standing across from him shyly (he found it cute.)

 

Calling her "a girl" was the understatement of the year he corrected himself. She looked like an angel.. No... a goddess.. or whatever tops that is the right way to describe her. The dress flowed down to her feet. The light shade paired perfectly with her milky white skin as it brought out those doe eyes of hers. The lady had swept her hair to the side, revealing her long, smooth neckline that lead to her collarbones. He tried to swallow but realized his mouth has gone dry. He moved his eyes down hoping to see something less revealing to calm himself down a bit but instead, he saw the dress hugging her slim waist, accentuating her golden ratio body. Adding onto that, he almost couldn't bear that it was a strapless. He cleared his throat and turned away from her to get a grip on himself.

 

She stood there awkwardly as she was under the spotlight it seemed. She noticed that it wasn't just Jiyong staring, couples, men and women in the shop stopped to gape at her from head to toe. The men in couples would earn a slap or a pinch from their girlfriends for staring.

Her hands, not knowing what to do, instinctively reached up, flattening out the front of her dress unnecessarily.

"O-oppa.." she started quietly. "I look silly don't I?" she turned to the mirror placed on her side. She didn't seem to believe that she was in reality, wearing such a beautiful dress, she couldn't even recognize herself. She scratched her neck lightly as she waited for his reply.

"Ne" he said confidently this time.

"I thought so too..ummm, let's find another one okay?" she laughed awkwardly and turned to change since she was embarrassed for even agreeing to try the dress on. She felt a grip on her wrist and turned around surprised, seeing him right in front of her.

"You look silly for not realizing how beautiful you look" he bent down to her eye level, with both hands placed on her shoulders. She blinked a few times, running what he had said through her mind. The corner of her lips curved up into a big grin. She lightly slapped his arm.

"Ayy. You're so cheesy oppa!" she stuck her tongue out at him.

He laughed when he knew she had just taken what he had said to her as a joke.

"Do you like the dress?" he dismissed her earlier comment and hoped that she would realize it one day that he was being sincere.

She turned to the mirror again. "Of course i like it.." she said sadly, knowing that she had made up her mind that she wouldn't buy it. "Let's find a different one hmm?" she smiled gently at him as she made her way into the change room again.

He could tell that she was in love with the dress, and he understood what was going through her head about the price being too high.


 

She was finally done, and was back into her normal clothes as she continued browsing around the store. When she had stepped out she hadn't seen him in sight so she thought he was busy searching for another dress. She wandered around and found herself in the men's side of the store. She was fascinated by all the different styles of tuxes and suits they offered. She came across shelves and tables filled with assortments of ties and bows. Striped, solid, polka-dotted, in any shade she could imagine them in. There was a tie that she felt she was drawn to though. Although it had no special designs and all that, there were markings on the tie that were textured. The material seemed delicate and soft as well, it was the same colour as the dress she wore earlier. She decided on buying this for Jiyong since he so kindly took care of her and made the day about her.

 

She thanked the lady at the counter when she handed her a cutely wrapped box. She smiled at it, pleased with her choice.

"Let's go" she heard his voice behind her. She stuffed the box into her bag and then turned around to face him.

"Oh are we looking for a dress elsewhere?" she asked

The lady that helped her in the change room earlier then came up to him with a beautifully wrapped box, much bigger than the one she had in her bag.

"Here's the dress sir"

"Dress?... What dress?" she tilted her head in confusion.

"THE dress" he enunciated

"THAT dress?!" she almost yelled,  unable to hide her shock. "I said that we were NOT going to buy that dress" she walked closer to him. She grabbed the box out of his hands intending to look for someone to return it to.

"Yoona. I know you like it ! I know you do. So just this one time, i will buy it for you. Besides i told you before, if you like something, then you get it. Do something you want to do for a change." he was persistent.

She bit her lip as she had a hard time deciding. She turned to him. "Why do you have to be so convincing!!" she let out a frustrated pout. There was a pause. "Just this once" she gave in, failing to pretend to be mad at him.

He burst out into laughter and chased after her who was already leaving the store without him.

She remembered that she had something to give him as well. "Do you know what you're wearing?"  she brought the topic up casually.

"No. I still have to find something." he told her. She nodded in understanding.

There was silence as the two walked.

"Will you ..be.. my... my date tonight?" he finally asked her, although nervously. She looked at him at his sudden question, already knowing the answer.

"I mean, we all have to bring a date, and since I don't have one and you don't have one, maybe we should go together." he cleared his throat, trying to explain himself.

"So i'm only your date because you don't have one? I see" she pouted showing her disappointment

"that's not what i had meant.." he regretted trying to explain himself

She started laughing which caused him to sigh in relief. "I'm just kidding oppa! Thank you for being considerate of me not being alone at the party." she smiled

"so that's a yes?" he was beaming.

she nodded shyly looking at the ground. Suddenly her stomach started to growl out of hunger. She was very hungry, they had been at the mall for hours since morning. She smiled timidly when he looked at her.

"Let's eat first" he laughed and walked to the food court.

 

He watched her eat, astonished at her big appetite. She slowed down when she saw that he was in awe.

"Are you surprised?" she laughed

He nodded slowly, still wide eyed at her.

"I'm one of the few lucky ones who do not gain any weight no matter how much I eat" she took another bite and swallowed. "Oppa, where do you think it all goes?" She was actually curious herself.

 

He laughed at her question, her straight face changed into laughter. They had conversations until they finished eating. He had to find a suit for himself now. Luckily he already knew the store he wanted to go to.

 

Again, she found herself surrounded by all the different options for men. She tended to Jiyong attentively, making sure to find the best. He looked very cool naming all the designer labeled items he wanted from the top of his head, it seemed like he had done this a few times. She wondered how he afforded all this stuff, but decided not to think too much about it. They found a very nice suit for him, which fit his body perfectly, that was when she took note of it. She found herself admiring his body. He wasn't too muscular which she didn't mind, she did prefer softer looking men afterall. She had to admit, she found him very handsome. She snapped out of her thoughts when he handed her a few ties to pick from. To prevent him from buying any, she rejected all of his choices.

"Then which one do you like?" he asked her, wondering when she got so picky.

"I think you shouldn't waste money on one and just wear an old one of yours!" she said cheerfully, trying to convince him. He gave in after seeing how much she detested all the ties.

"We have one last stop" he told her as the exited the store.

 

She had to admit she was tired, but she wanted to see what they had to do next. She followed him as he lead her to a professional salon. 

She was actually quite excited. She had also seen this in movies, where the girl gets to doll up and become beautiful for a day. Jiyong and the hair stylist greeted each other happily, she guessed they were close. They suddenly looked towards her. He sized her up, looking at hair, tilting her chin up to get a better look at her face.

 

He had a straight face and turned to Jiyong. "not bad"

Jiyong laughed at his statement and turned to Yoona. "he's known to be very chic"

"ah. kamsahamida umm.." she squinted to see the name engraved onto his nametag.. "Key-shi" she bowed shyly to the guy. 

 

Yoona was then led to the sinks to wash her hair. She enjoyed it since it was so refreshing. She then was led to the salon chairs where Key started t her hair, probably just to get rid of her split ends. There were assistants who were instructed by him to work on her nails and make up. They also assisted in curling her hair. When they were done, they turned her around to the mirrors, she was pleasantly surprised, as she touched her hair and face lightly. She looked around to see his reaction but he wasn't in sight. She sat back and found herself pouting a bit.

 

He had actually had a realization that they had bought a dress for her but not shoes, so he went around searching for shoes. He was never good at looking for nice shoes or shoes for women at all for that matter. He had some trouble as he entered yet another store. He roamed around and almost decided on exiting. Suddenly, something caught his eyes. It was the perfect shoes for the dress. It reminded him of fairytales since it looked like glass stilettos except , not really made out of glass since that would be dangerous. He bought them quickly because he knew that Yoona was waiting for him.

 

Again, his heart was struck when he saw her. Even though she was still so gorgeous without makeup, with makeup, her face was flawless, and her features were defined, such as her darkened eyes and her pink, full lips.

"We should go now oppa" she interrupted his thoughts as he nodded and smiled. They both walked out the mall, towards his parked car. They decided that they would both just get ready at halmeoni's house since it was much more convenient.

As she sat down beside him, he handed her the box with her dress, and the box of heels. She was curious to see another box out of nowhere pop up and so opened it up.

"Woah!" she smiled, touching them delicately. She then remembered that he had spent his money on her again today and quickly showed her dismay.

"You didn't have to" she frowned.

"You can just pay me back then. Deal?" He didn't mean as though she had to pay him back with money though, she owed him a favor, which he would collect when he wanted to.

"I'll pay you back oppa! i promise" she said, sticking out her pinky. He nodded and hooked his finger around hers.

She smiled widely as they drove home to halmeoni's house. It was great timing also though since it was just the right itme to start getting ready for tonight's event. Of course she felt more comfortable if they changed on different levels, just out of habit that formed from Seunghyun who always barged into her room.

 

Halmeoni had greeted then when they had arrived and Yoona had asked for her help with the dress and all. Halmeoni had agreed happily since she always wanted to have a granddaughter to do these things with.

 

She didn't question Yoona's beauty as she helped her zip up her dress and put on her shoes since she already knew Yoona was gorgeous from the very first time they met.

 

She then turned her to the full-length mirror.

 

"Oh my dear, you're so special" she placed her hand on Yoona's shoulder in which Yoona quickly took in her hands, tears threatening to escape. She had never had a moment like this in her life, everything seemed to good to be true. Halmeoni immediately stopped her as she about being a crybaby.

 

"Ayy halmeoni!" she laughed.

 

"here, one second" halmeoni told her as she quickly headed downstairs. Yoona became curious but waited patiently. When she had returned, she held with her a small red box. Yoona tilted her head to the side at the mysterious box. Halmeoni opened it revealing a beautiful diamond necklace.

"You're missing one thing. I think this would compliment the dress perfectly wouldn't it?" she turned Yoona around as she placed the necklace around her neck. Yoona touched it gently and smile brightly.

"gamsahamnida halmeoni!" she gave her a tight hug. Yoona pulled away since she had remembered something.

"ah jamkkanmanyo" she told halmeoni, she dug through her purse and found the petite box from earlier.

Then, they both made their way downstairs where Jiyong was waiting.


Jiyong was waiting to get Yoona's opinion on what tie he should wear. Yoona smiled as she walked up to Jiyong who was still clueless of how close she had gotten to him since he was looking down at his ties.

"Oh Yoona you're ready. Which ti-" before he finished his sentence he looked up to find her doe eyes shaped in half moon shapes from her wide smile.

"wh- what is it?" he stuttered.

"ta da ~" she pulled the box out in front of his face. She placed it so close that he almost went cross-eyed trying to make out what it was.

"for you oppa" she said

he opened it quickly and saw that it was a tie and smiled brightly at how nice it looked. "This explains why you were being so picky !" he smiled, taking the tie out of the box. It was the best tie he had ever received so far.

"Here, I'll do it" she said, taking the tie, and making sure it was done properly. He felt a little shy since no girl had personally done up his tie for him.

"Thank you." he said when she was finished.

Halmeoni had been watching the two on the stairs and smiled to herself. They seemed so close to each other, although she regretted that Seunghyun had already left for the party earlier, she was happy to see Yoona so cheerful.


They finally arrived at the doors to the building the event took place in. Yoona clicked her nails together, it was a habit when she got nervous and she was nervous to walk into a room with important people all over Korea. Jiyong noticed this and he nudged her lightly, at the same time gesturing his arm for her. She wrapped her arm around his, which gave her lots of support and encouragement with such a simple action. She took a deep breath,

"let's go in"

The people standing in front of the doors opened it for them, the light was blinding at first as they both walked in with steps that matched, but when she adjusted to the light, the first person she saw from afar,

was Seunghyun.

 


Hihi ! :) here it is for all you gyoon shippers! its going to be quite awhile until i update again since school is gonna get in the way again ): sorry to my readers! subscribe and somment pleease ~