Where She Is

My Boss and his Assistant

She emitted such an intimidating aura that as soon as she stepped into the house, the mood had changed despite the sun shining through the windows brightly. The serenity of the morning was also taken over although everyone was still soundly asleep.

The deadly echoes of her heels against the tiles were smoothed out by the wheels of a very rushed suitcase, trying to trail behind her. She came to a halt once she walked into the kitchen, turning around and walking to the couch in the living room that had caught her attention.

She took her sunglasses off, her expression still unreadable. She scoffed, "What a disgrace"

He ruffled his hair out of annoyance with the flat tone. He twisted his body to the sound of the voice, though still in his groggy state, he forced himself to open his eyes. He was so shocked that he turned even further to confirm what he saw that he fell off the sofa-bed

He recovered quickly, jumping up and adjusting his hair and his clothes.

She whined, while stirring on the bed from the ruckus he had caused. His eyes widened, remembering, immediately glancing at the figure on the same bed that he was on. His eyes quickly darted back to the woman standing in front of him, her eyebrow menacingly raised.

"Umma" he swallowed.

"Umma?" her forehead creased together, trying to bring herself into the right state of mind. She shot up in realization and scurried off the bed to Seunghyun's side, bowing, rashly but politely.

"Anyeongha-"

"If you're going to show me manners, I would've came home and not see you sleeping with my son in the open."

"...N-neh?" she stuttered with the impact of such harsh words.

"Umma" Seunghyun warned his mother to stop.

"And you! Why haven't you grown out of the habit of sleeping around? Do you know what if can do to your image?"

Yoona couldn't help but intervene, not after being perceived as someone who sleeps around.

"I'm sorry, but i think you've misunderstood. We didn't sleep together" she phrased her words as gently as possible, trying not to offend her.

"No? Then I don't know what you explain this"

"Well we did sleep together, but not in that-"

"Save it" she commanded, bringing a finger up to lightly massage her temple. "I think it would be best if you just go home."

She wrung her hands together, thinking of how to explain that this was her home for now.

"She can't" she heard his gruff voice beside her. 

"And why not?" she challenged.

"Because she lives here" he said firmly.

She was bewildered by his statement, her eyebrows coming together. "Who allowed so? You? She's going home this instant Seunghyun-"

"I did"

All their heads turned to the old woman stepping out of her room.

"Halmeoni, when did you come home?" Yoona examined her right when she reached her side. She only returned a gentle smile to her question.

"Mother-in-law, this is ridiculous, this is-"

"You're the only one being ridiculous. You come home and make a ruckus this early in the morning, making an unreasonable demand to kick someone out who has been here for weeks now. I was the one who brought her here, I have full responsibility to and over her" she responded calmly. She took a quickly glance over to the two kids to see Seunghyun holding Yoona's hand tightly behind his back. She smiled at the sight. "She will stay for as long as she likes"

Mrs. Choi was left speechless, her fists clenched as she took her leave to her room.

"I'm sorry, i keep causing problems." Yoona immediately apologized to halmeoni after witnessing the tense fight between the two.

"Silly child" she chuckled. "There's nothing to be sorry for. Now, get to work you two" she prompted, pushing them away.

She bowed to halmeoni once more.

"Come on Trouble" he pulled her up the stairs.

----

The situation in the car was rather awkward. She stared out of the window lost in thought while he focused on driving, not one of them uttering a word. They have not had a chance to bring up the kiss they shared last night, because frankly, both of them didn't know what it was.

He looked on the brighter side, thinking that she did what her heart told her to do and that she wanted to kiss him. But she, she thought it was a spur of the moment thing and he kissed her for the sake of just kissing her.

"When"/"I-" they both started at the same time.

"You first-" again, at the same time, but this time they laughed, easing the atmosphere.

He turned to the road again, signaling that he was going to keep quiet and listen to her.

"When do i get my first paycheck?"

"At the end of next week. Why?"

"Because I think i should find a different place to stay" she confessed.

He turned to her, frowning. "Is this because of my mom?"

"No. I just think it's time I leave your house. Besides, I have a job and can pay rent-"

"It's about my mom" he concluded.

"I don't like causing unnecessary problems Seunghyun"

"And you won't" he pulled the car to a stop, parking it in front of the company.

------

Again, silence ensued them as she sat on the leather couch in his office, while he was going through mounds of paperwork. She understood why Jiyong wasn't there, but she desperately wished that he was.

"Yoona, get me a cup of coffee" he said, still distracted by the folder he was reading.

"Why do I-"

"Because Jiyong isn't here"

She snarled, dragging herself out of the office. He made sure she was gone to allow a wide grin to reach his face although he was still focused on his documents. He's always wanted to order her around, but he'd always fail in doing so thanks to her defiant behavior. He was also going to get her familiar with the company as well since she hasn't done anything but stay in his office most of the time.

The door opened, and he immediately sunk back to concentration mode. She placed it on his desk, but this time she didn't miss his smirk. She rolled her eyes as she trudged back to her comfortable seat.

He closed the folder, stretching his arm out to hand it to her.

"What?"

"I need these photocopied"

Her jaw dropped, well aware what he was doing. He was using this chance to really like a boss.

Now she really wished that Jiyong was here.

She gritted her teeth together, standing to retrieve the folder. "You are unbelievably childish, boss" she made sure to emphasize her last word before stomping out.

He saw through his window that everyone had turned to look at her with amused smiles after she had slammed the door behind her, and of course, she bowed repeatedly in apology. He laughed in satisfaction, he hadn't remembered the last time life was so fun.

I should really give Jiyong more day offs.

He tapped his pen against the paper after waiting what seemed like hours for her to bring back what he requested, but finally it stopped when her figure appeared at his office once more.

"What took you so long?"

"Blame yourself for sending someone who has never used a photocopier before! You're lucky that Sandara was there to help me" she whined.

He gestured for the folder and the stack of newly copied paper from her. He examined it over before raising an eyebrow at her.

"Why's it back to back?"

"Because we need to save trees!" she exclaimed innocently.

He chuckled, "Alright"

"It's part of the reason why I took so long. Sandara was arguing that you would like it on single sheets of paper, but i insisted that you learn to conserve" she prepared to walk back to the couch.

"Nuh uh" he waved his finger. "Now you need to go file these for our company record"

She was not going to complain, she knew that it would do nothing, he was enjoying himself too much already. She sighed, taking the new folder that he put the sheets she just copied in and left the office.

"She didn't even ask how" he shook his head in amusement, getting on task with his own work again.

He was so immersed that he didn't pay attention to how long she had been gone, but he still had the sense to know when she had slipped back into his office.

She sat on the couch after returning, but now she lazed back freely, sighing every now and then from boredom. Maybe she did like running errands for him, it was a lot more pro-active than sitting there, just watching him do his work.

"I know a man is most attractive when he's working, but do you really have to stare like that?" he smirked, taking a quick glance at her.

"From my point of view, you just look like a workaholic" she remarked.

"Well, I do have a whole company on my shoulders Yoona."

"Did you want it?"

"The company?"

She nodded.

"I wanted money, power, respect. That's what i wanted, and i guess that comes in the form of a company"

"Why do you want that stuff?"

"Who doesn't want people to look up to them? Any money, money makes the world go round. It brings happiness"

"Those three things, those exact three things also make the world go to war... that's not happiness"

"Then tell me. Who doesn't want power and respect? Who doesn't want money? There's nothing in the world that money can't buy, hell, money can even happiness because that's the closest we will ever get to something that doesn't exist."

"You don't think joy and bliss exist?"

He shook his head.

She raised an eyebrow. "Seunghyun, let's go on a field trip"

She was challenging him and he knew it. He eyed her carefully, "I think I've done enough work for today" he stretched his limbs as he got up.

She shot him a knowing look before she walked closer to him and snatched the keys on his desk. "I'm driving"

"How do you know how to drive?" He closed the door behind him as he followed her out.

She chuckled, turning around to him. "How do you think I do deliveries? I just never had my own car"

She turned back to the front, bowing to everyone on the floor. He on the other hand glared at them, seemingly telling them to get back to work instead of teasing him. They have all gotten more comfortable with each other ever since Yoona arrived because his mood and personality has gotten much better.

"Seunghyun's following a girl. Never thought I would see that" someone teased out loud.

"You-"

"Seunghyun!" 

They snickered when they saw Seunghyun hurry into the elevator when Yoona called.

----

The drive was quite a long one that he was thankful they made a stop at the house to change into more comfortable clothing. He found himself soon surrounded by the peace of a rural area, and finally, came a view of a small church.

They stepped out of the car at the same time, him looking around, squinting from the bright sun, she, taking in the scent of the area. The smile on her face broadened. She walked up the few steps with Seunghyun trailing behind, then followed a pathway that led to a closed fence door.

She waited for him until he finally stood beside her. "Are you ready?" she asked in anticipation.

He nodded.

She reached over the door, pulling the little lock up on the other side, and pushed it open. It creaked a little as they walked in further.

He stumbled back a bit from the ambush of a bunch of excited children. He looked over to Yoona, panicked at what to do, but she just cocked her head to the side telling him that he was on his own on that one.

He saw that Yoona fit in perfectly with the children, smiling happily as she was pulled away by a few of them.

"You are very handsome ahjussi" he heard a small voice as he looked down at a little girl staring at him. He smiled, swooping down to their level as he examined each one of them, noticing that the majority of the group surrounding him were girls, while Yoona was with the boys.

"Is that ahjussi's wife?" another girl spoke up.

He smiled mischievously, "She is"

"When can I marry someone as handsome as you?"

"Well..." he didn't know how to start. "Marriage can't be rushed." he paused. "When you grow older, take your time in finding someone that you love, someone that you never want to live without"

"What's love?"

He contemplated the question, never once had he thought about love. "I don't think..." he let his gaze linger on the carefree girl in a flowery shirt and tattered shorts, with her alligator laugh and boyish personality that fit perfectly with the crowd surrounding her. "I don't think you could explain something that can only be felt" the words came out as a whisper from his lips.

"Come over here! Let's play together!" he was cut out of his own world as he stood up again, seeing that a little boy was calling them over to play what looks like tag.

"Should we?" he asked his group who nodded vigorously.

One designated person would stand in the middle, while the rest stood on one side. The goal was to run to the other side without being tagged by the person in the middle. Whoever did get tagged, would join the group in the middle and try to tag other people when they run over again.

Seunghyun was the last to survive the last game so now, he was in the middle.

He didn't think she could look any more pleasant than she did at the moment. She was so energetic and sweet taking care of the kids that surrounded her on the side. He realized that this was her orphanage, this was the place she grew up and the place she still cherished. He made a note to himself to definitely explore the place to get a gist of where she came from.

He shouted for them to start running as he picked his first target.

She started running, aiming for the side he wasn't on. He looked like he was going after other kids so she decided to run past him. A mistake it was for he stretched out his arm right in front of her causing her to run right into it. He wrapped the arm across her stomach, around her body. Because of her speed, she was lifted off the ground as he spun around a few times.

Her laugh echoed through the field as he legs flailed around, her hand gripping onto his arm. Although the spinning was over, he didn't put her down, as he carried her over to chase a few more kids.

"Ah it hurts Seunghyun!" she shrieked between her laughs.

That seemed to do the trick as he let her down immediately, remembering that she was injured. She rubbed her waist once she was let down.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot-"

She stuck her tongue out at him, running to the centre again to continue the game.

Something caught her eyes. There was a scrawny boy, sitting alone in the shade, away from all the other kids. He was watching them from afar, he immediately averted his gaze when he saw Yoona looking at him. She walked away from the group and started towards his direction.

"HI"

He shrunk back, hugging his knees tighter when he heard Yoona's voice.

"Why aren't you with the other kids?" she sat down beside him.

"They won't like my playing with them" he finally spoke up softly.

"And why is that?"

"Because I can't do anything"

"You won't know until you try. If you ask me, i think it's just that you're too shy to do anything"

"That's what everyone says"

"You know, you remind me of someone"

He looked up at her in interest. "Who?"

"Me" she smiled a toothy grin. "And I will not let you feel the way I felt when I wasn't included, Now, let's show them that you aren't just shy, but that you can also play"

"But-"

She stretched out her arm to him, he hesitated before looking back at the children playing. He took a deep breath before taking her hand and getting up, she led him to the group of kids.

"Hey there buddy" Seunghyun ruffled his hair, giving him some form of encouragement before he walked to the side with all the kids. Everyone was surprised to see him join the game but their attention was diverted to those in the middle. The game begun and without knowing it, his feet took off in a sprint. Much to everyone's astonishment, he was the first to reach the other side.

"Woah! You're fast!" another boy complimented him, and offered a high 5 which he slowly took.

"I'm sticking by your side now!" a young girl scooped over to his side.

"You really are amazing" he crossed his arms across his chest as he stood in the middle with Yoona, watching the kids crowd around the boy.

"A compliment? From Seunghyun? Wow, i must really be amazing"

"Yoona? Is that you?" a warm voice called out to them. They looked up to see an elderly woman walking towards them.

Yoona and Seunghyun motioned the kids to continue their game as they walked over to her. Yoona's smile never faded as she tightly embraced her. "I'm sorry I haven't visited in so long"

"Well I see you've been busy" she teased glancing at Seunghyun. "Whose this?"

"That's her husband!" the little girl from earlier had waddled over to them, answering the question for her.

"NEH?" Yoona gaped, glancing over to Seunghyun who was laughing. She glared at him.

"What? She's the one that said it" he shrugged innocently.

She looked at the little girl.

"That's what he told me" she answered innocently.

"Thank you sweetie. Now go play with the rest"

All of them watched her scramble back to the ongoing game, not before Yoona gave him a pinch on the arm that he replied by laughing and jerking his arm away. 

"How do you do it Yoona? I never thought I would see the day he talks to other people" she remarked, glancing at that little boy. "Every time someone comes to adopt, he would hide away by himself. He would never talk to the other kids, not even us... Just like a certain someone" she raised an eyebrow.

Seunghyun suspiciously glanced at Yoona, which she responded with a sheepish smile.

"Would you like to come inside?" the elderly woman chuckled, changing the subject.

"If that's okay"

"Of course it is" she smiled. "I will be out here to watch the kids"

They bowed politely and turned to wave goodbye to the kids before disappearing through the door.

He saw many tables connected into one big table take up the room right when they walked in. Several people were busying themselves into and out of the kitchen preparing a meal for the children. There was another playroom in the church, a place indoor for when winter arrives. There was a large bathroom that he inferred were for several children to bathe at once as well as for one of the ladies to help them. Then finally, they arrived in the bedrooms, where beds were lined up on each side of the room.

"Can I guess which one is yours?" He asked.

"Good luck!" she laughed.

He scaled through the room, thinking that he had put himself for failure because all the beds were identical, with the same sheets and everything. He was going to give up when he walked past one bed, He turned back around to it, a smile spreading across his face. The railing of the bed was plastered in stickers. 

"This one is yours" he pointed to it.

Her eyes widened, rushing over to it. "Is it obvious? Do I look like someone who likes stickers?"

"You must've had a lot of time if your were hiding and not playing with other kids.

She blushed at his statement obviously said to poke fun at her.

"Oh, and there's quite a few Superman stickers"

She chuckled. "See, I was in superhero mode when I did all this. Who knows, maybe I could make whoever gets my bed a little better"

Her eyes lit up as she remembered something. "Here, I have to show you something" she scaled through the room in search. "Come here!" she gestured.

He raised a skeptical eyebrow as she turned to see his reaction. "Is that...like some kind of secret passage?"

She gave a mischievous smile. "It is"

 

--------------------

Hey hey my lovely readers ! I'm back !! Hopefully i haven't lost any of you because of how tardy i am with my updates ): so sorry ! but here it finally is !! More Topyoon ! To my gyoon shippers... i'm sorry but Gyoon won't appear until two more chapters? I have already planned what i wrote for the next one and since it connects with this one.. i can't really pop any Gyoon in there SORRY ! but i do hope you stick around and see what happens to our lovely TopYoon. Anyways, this update wasn't very exciting was it... but it does have important details such as Seunghyun's mom ! and yess she is harsh and mean... poor yoon. We get to see Seunghyun evolving into such a tease and into a person who just keeps falling deeper for our deer. And the kiss.... neither of them knows what it means yet...until the next chapter ! Stick around :D Thank you all for supporting me and my first fic ! 101 subscribers ?  I freaked out, never would i have dreamt this to reach that many! THANK YOU AGAIN <3