New Neighbors

A Magical Mess

The door to the office was open. Namjoon made his presence known by tapping on the door frame, carefully. He still vividly remembered the first time he came to this office and the door had been closed. He had knocked and it had caused the whole door to fall out. The door had been replaced but somehow it always seemed to be open when he had an appointment now.

 

Hakyeon glanced up from the papers he had been reading and gestured at the chair in front of his fancy desk. “Please, take a seat. I'm just finishing up a report. It won't take long.” Namjoon sat down and looked at the dark navy colored desk. Whenever light hit the surface little golden stars would sparkle. He thought it was too distracting for a desk, but all the VIXX members really seemed to like starlight. Being in this office always made Namjoon feel slightly nervous. He wasn't sure if it was because this is where they got their evaluations and critiques, or because the man siting across from him just had that effect on people.

 

After a minute or two Hakyeon put away the papers and focused his attention on the leader of the BTS team. “Thank you for coming in today, Namjoon. I know it's a bit early for the monthly evaluation, but I have a mission next week and I'm just swamped. Also, my mission is actually in a swamp. Horrible, but alas. I go wherever my talents are needed and well utilized. ”

 

Namjoon nodded and smiled awkwardly. He never knew what to say to him. The fact he had multiple portraits of himself hanging in his office didn't help.

 

“Anyway. I went over your missions for this month and I don't see any immediate problems. We had one complaint from a witch who was a bystander when you apprehended that goblin two weeks ago. She said she tried to talk to one of your team members about the situation afterwards but that the response she got was, and I quote, 'short, disinterested, and rude'. She didn't know who it was, but my money is on Yoongi.”

 

“It does sound like him. Do you know what he said to her?”

 

“I don't and the fact that the woman who made the complaint didn't really remember either probably means it wasn't anything too horrible. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but just tell him not to talk to any bystanders. He's just not cut out for any PR.”

 

“Understood. I apologize on his behalf.”

 

Hakyeon pursed his lips and nodded. They both knew Yoongi couldn't care less about interacting with bystanders anyway and he probably wouldn't feel the need to apologize for whatever he had said anyway. “The rest of the missions were all carried out well and you always hand in your reports on time. I like that about you, Namjoon.” he continued and finished with a wink. Namjoon knew it was probably because Hakyeon was part siren, but damn, even a casual wink sent a shiver down his spine and a slight blush to his cheeks. “Oh and I just wanted to let you know I absolutely loved the way Jin brought in that orc a few days ago. He always knows how to decorate them in such a way that they don't look so...scruffy. I'm not sure the orc cared for the flower crown or the glitters, but I for one thought it really suited his complexion.”

 

“He's an invaluable member of our team.”

 

Hakyeon nodded, “Of course he is. Ken always tells me great things about him.”

 

Ken. Jaehwan. Namjoon had to suppress an eye roll at the mention of the name. It's not that he didn't like him. He just didn't like how much Jin did.

 

“Okay, I think that's about it from me. Do you have anything to add? How do you think your team's doing? Any problems within the group? I know I always say this, but you have quite a diverse team on your hands.”

 

“Problems?” Apart from the fact I'm head over heels in love with one of them. “No, no problems. We all get along great actually. We're all unique, but respect and embrace each others differences well, I think.”

 

Hakyeon smiled at him. “Great. Most groups run into some problems sooner or later, but it's all about how you can get through that as a group.” He sighed as if he was remembering some problems of his own and clicked his tongue. “Anyway. You can go now. As I said I'll be busy for the next week or so, but you can always reach me in case of some real trouble.”

 

“We always can. Thank you.” He bowed his head slightly before he left. Evaluations had been good for the last few months and they took less time as his team made less mistakes, but it still always felt as a relief when they were over. Namjoon stretched his arms above his head. Time to go home. The rest of the team should already be home and with any luck Jin was making dinner tonight. He knew Jin made food for all the members, but Namjoon secretly enjoyed the domestic-ness of eating Jin's home-cooked meals. Like couples do. Except they were not a couple.

 

Almost home he saw a moving van in front of the old house next door. It had been occupied by a few friendly ghosts for a while, but they had moved on a few weeks ago. Like the house he shared with his team members, this house was owned by the company they worked for. It wasn't required to live together, but it was encouraged. Especially in the first period after a team was formed the company put a lot of emphasis on team-building and made living together quite appealing by offering next-to-nothing rent and sponsoring of house parties (yes, the company actually encourages their employees to go and party together. Apparently it can be good for morale, team dynamic, and blowing off some steam from their stressful work.). Just as he was wondering who could be moving in he got startled by a cheerful voice. “Namjoon! I thought I smelled you!”

 

He turned around and came face to face with none-other than GOT7's Jackson Wang. “Excuse me?” he asked.

 

“It's the dog thing.” said another voice from behind. Namjoon turned around again and found Park Jinyoung with a plant in his hand that he handed over to a squealing Jackson. “Thank you thank you thank you. I love you. I can't believe I almost forgot Bob at our old place!”

 

Jinyoung scoffed.“You didn't almost forgot, you actually forgot and made me teleport over there to get it.”


Him. I forgot him.”

 

“Oh, excuse me.” Jinyoung said with little sincerity, but it was apparently good enough for Jackson who smiled and made a kissy face in Jinyoung's direction before focusing his attention back on Namjoon. “I wasn't saying you smell bad or anything. Far from it. You smell really nice.”

 

“Ehm, thanks.” How am I supposed to respond to that? Do I need to comment on how he smells? I'm not a dog, I don't know how he smells from this distance. It's probably weird if I smell him now... “So...” Change the subject, Namjoon. “Is the whole team moving in?”

 

“You bet! This place is so much bigger than our last one! I didn't know it was next to yours though! This is so great! I can't wait for our teams to get closer. Isn't this great?”

 

Jackson's enthusiasm was something Namjoon really liked but wasn't sure how to deal with at the same time. He could see it both as energizing and tiring, depending on the time you'd spend with him. “Y-yeah, sure.”

 

“You guys have to come to our housewarming okay?”

 

“We're having a housewarming?” Jinyoung, who had been busy teleporting in and out of the house with boxes, asked.

 

“Duh. Of course we are! Me and Bam are planning it! It's gonna be lit!”

 

“Does Jaebum know about this?”

 

“Yes. Well, no. Not yet. But he'll be fine with it! It's a great opportunity for him to let loose a little and maybe finally make a move on Youngjae.”

 

“I told you he's not in love with Youngjae.”

 

“Yeah, right. And I don't have a crush on Na-” Jackson stopped himself mid-sentence and looked at Namjoon like he had forgotten he was even there. “Namjoon! Haha, so okay. You go home now and tell all the guys to come to our party. Next weekend. Yes. I'll let you know the time once we figure all that stuff out.”

 

After Jackson rushed into his new home and Jinyoung gave him an apologetic nod, Namjoon continued the walk to his own house. He entered and found most of his teammates in the living room. He could hear Jin preparing dinner in the kitchen. He couldn't help the soft smile that formed on his lips. He walked over to where Yoongi and Taehyung seemed to be engaged in some sort of boardgame. “What are you guys doing?”

 

“I'm just waiting for Yoongi to make the next move. He must be amazing at this game because he's taking a long time to make his move...very exciting.” Taehyung answered with a childlike glee in his voice.

 

Yoongi raised his head with a blank stare on his face, “We're playing?”

 

Taehyung's mouth fell open while Hoseok's laughter filled the room. He squeezed himself next to Yoongi on the chair (it was big for one person, but on the small side for two), crossed his legs with a big swing and leaned his head on his hand. “I will play with you Taetae. I do not know the rules, but I'm sure I will rule...at this game.” Hoseok didn't really like puns, but he knew the young demon next to him did, and hearing him snicker was worth being lame.

 

“I'm busy in the kitchen right now, but I can cook up a strategy and play with you guys later!” Jin yelled from the kitchen.

 

“How did he even hear that?” Jungkook, who was sitting near the fire place, commented, “I swear he has supernatural hearing when it comes to puns and dad jokes.”

 

“We have new neighbors by the way.” Namjoon interjected.

 

“Oh yeah?” Jimin looked up from his book (Moist. Ointments that cure and refresh).

 

“Yup. The GOT7 team is moving in as we speak. Jackson invited us to their housewarming next weekend.”

 

Jungkook dropped the wooden stake that he had been polishing and jumped up in excitement. “The GOT7 team?! Are you serious?”

 

“Y-yeah. Why are you getting so hyped up?”

 

“I'm like 80% convinced they have a vampire in their team! I just get this vampire vibe from them, you know.”

 

Namjoon sighed and shook his head. The youngest member of his team was good at what he did, but he was a complete vampire geek. “No, I don't know. I doubt the company would allow a vampire to join. Even the friendly ones are known to slip up every once in a while if they're around too much temptation. The risk is just too high with them. Not to mention the public outcry it would cause.”

 

Jungkook smirked and waved his finger. “They have one. Mark my words. I'm going to befriend him and find out all I can about vampires from the inside out!”

 

“You're going to kill and gut him?” Yoongi asked with that dry and generally uninterested tone he usually had.

 

“What? No! I mean I'll learn about vampires directly from the source! I've read so much about them, but I've never really interacted with one. The only ones I've met were guest lecturers at my college. Vampires are just so fascinating and mysterious. Did you know that there are some vampires who are allergic to specific blood types?”

 

Throughout dinner the rest of the team had to listen to obscure facts and myths about vampires until Yoongi pretended to fall asleep on his pasta. It later turned out he had actually fallen asleep.
 

Two days later Jackson came by to personally hand the invitation for the party to Namjoon (“I'm not saying he was waiting for you, but he walked by the house like ten times, sniffing, and he rang the door bell right after you got home.”). Everyone decided to go. Yoongi was persuaded by the promise of drunk people he could judge in silence. When they went outside they could already hear music coming from inside the GOT7 house and they weren't the first guests to arrive. They didn't know this at the time, but it was going to be some party.

_________________________

Ohoho, party time next time! Get ready for some interesting GOT7 en BTS interaction. Maybe some other groups too...who knows. Suggestions welcome~
I have a bunch of things I want to write for this fic, but I need to set up the story a bit first! I hope someone enjoys <3