Chapter 5

Little Boy

Little Boy Chapter 5

 

Jisung left you a note in your locker to meet him in the music room, he wanted to tell you something. Excited, you rushed over. Maybe this time your crush actually likes you back. What else could he want to tell you?

 

When you reached the music room, you couldn’t step in. Jisung was holding another girl next time him on the piano stool. They were smiling and laughing, sitting so close to each other. He nudged her playfully, looking right into her eyes. Heartbroken, you ran away as fast as you could. It was just a stupid boy, you didn’t have to feel so sad about him. You two weren’t even close. For some reason, you wanted to find Woochan. You just wanted to run into that little boy’s arms, and cry your heart out. 

 

“Yah y/n! Running off to check guys out again?” Woochan jokes. You looked up and was so happy to see him, you ran right over to him.

“I hate him!” You cried. Startled, Woochan shuts up. “I don’t know what he wanted from me! He could’ve just said he wasn’t interested!”

Woochan pulls you closer to him and hugs you tightly.

“Hey, it’s gonna be okay. I’ll beat that jackass up for you. Let’s go guys.”

He was ready to leave with his gang, but you hugged him tighter.

“Don’t go, just stay,” you whisper, pressing your face against his chest. He pats you gently, nodding to his boys.

 

After you’ve settled down, he heads over to the music room with Sunwong (Achillo) and Hyunjin. “Jackass?” 

Jisung looks up, wondering what that was all about. “Sorry?”

Woochan chuckles, “Look guys, he’s completely clueless.”

Jisung was starting to get pissed at these underclassmen now. 

“What the hell do you guys want?”

“Nothing, just stay away from my friend, y/n.”

Jisung scoffs, leaving the girl on the stool and walks up to the boys. “What about her? She’s just a classmate, or what? Do you have some little crush on her?”

Woochan clenches his fists, tempted to punch that smirk off Jisung’s face. “Yea I like her, so don’t mess around with her.” 

 

~~~

 

(Present)

 

After finishing a family shoot with the boys, you head to the mall in hopes of finding something good. There recently was a brand new store, and you wanted to check it out. They had some pretty cute stuff, but it wasn’t very much your style. As you head to the cashier with your clothes, you hear a familiar voice. “Alright, your total comes down to 85.23. Thank you, have a good day!” 

You turned the corner to get in line, and standing behind the counter was, “I can help you over on two- oh, noona!” 

“Hey, I didn’t know you work here,” you smiled.

“Yea, Woochan and Sunwong does too,” Hyunjin replies as he quickly gets back to work. 

“Are they not working today?” 

“Oh, Sunwong’s taking a lunch break, and Woochan’s somewhere in the store, probably putting clothes back. He hates working cashier,” Hyunjin whispers the last part. “57.45, but since we’re friends, I’ll give you a ten percent discount.”

“Aha, thank you.” 

You made your way out of the store, checking the recent text from Jisung. 

Jisung: sorry, probably won’t make it to your place tonight, working overtime

Y/n: it’s fine, you came over just a few days ago

 

“Yah, texting while walking is dangerous.” You look up and see Woochan right in front of you. “Almost bumped into me again noona.”

“Sorry,” you quickly reply and continued walking. 

“Hey hey, where are you going?” Woochan runs up behind you, looking down at your phone. You turned it off and faced him. 

“Shopping, why?”

“Want to get lunch? I haven’t taken my break yet,” he smiles. Sighing, you nodded, getting a bigger smile in return. 

 

Woochan leads you to the food court, even offering to carrying your bags for you. He just tells you to sit, and he’ll return with food. Woochan being Woochan, you didn’t argue, you were getting free food anyways. *phone rings*

Y/n: Oh Jisung-

J: Hey jagi, I’m on break right now, and I miss you. I’ll take you out this weekend okay? Promise.

Y/n: *laughs* I told you, don’t worry about it. I’m not upset

J: Oh, so you don’t miss me at all? I see.

Y/n: You! When did I even?! *chuckles*

J: *giggling* I’m just messing with you. But I was thinking, and if I’m lucky, I may be able to spend a few hours with you tomorrow night. I don’t think I’ll have a workload of stuff to do, I’ll see you then. 

Y/n: alright, make sure to get a lot of rest okay?

J: Of course, you too. And don’t be such a lazy , get out of the house

Y/n: of course of course, I’m at the mall right now.

J *chuckles* good, I gotta go now. Love you

Y/n: Love you too

 

Woochan sat down and pretends to vomit. “Gross.”

“Psh, sure. You’ll start acting like this too once you find yourself a girlfriend.” 

“Yea, not happening.”

“Anyways, what’d you get me?” You ask excitedly.

“Open.” 

He slides the food container towards you. You can already smell the Chinese food coming from the box. “Panda Express?” 

“You’re favorites,” he says and starts eating. It was indeed your favorite foods from this mall, chow mien, orange chicken, and honey walnut shrimp. It’s your usual go to whenever you come here. 

 

To your surprise, Woochan was very quiet. You expected him to be super annoying, but he just ate and kept to himself. You tried starting a conversation, but he’d just nod or give you some short answer replies. The vibe became really awkward quickly, and you didn’t know why. You never had this issue with Woochan before, or at least you thought so. 

“I gotta run noona, make sure to come back to the store again. See ya,” he says and rushes away.