Chapter 1

Little Boy

Little Boy chapter 1

 

Being a teacher's assistant for a freshmen class when you are a junior, usually catches at least one or three boys' attention. You've always looked at them as little kids and try not to get their hopes to high on getting with you. "Y/n, give me a call when you get home, okay?" Hyunjin said with his pinky and thumb out as a phone. 

"Hyunjin, you can call me once your down with homework," you retorted. He sighed and crossed his arms. 

"C'mon Y/n, I'm cute!" He said and did aegyo. "So irresistible!" You rolled your eyes and went back to the papers you were correcting. Someone scoffed in the background. 

"Cute? You haven't seen me," Achillo interrupted and fixed his glasses. You ignored the boys and handed Mrs. Jeon the papers you corrected.

"Can you go check my mailbox down in the office?" She asked as she handed you her keys. You nodded and quickly walked out of class. 

 

"Y/n! Yah!" You heard someone whisper, but it was loud due to the silence in the halls. You let out a short sigh and turned around, finding Woochan quickly making his way to you. "Can I go with you?" He asked and flashed you an adorable smile. 

"What are you doing out of class?" You asked as you straightened yourself. 

"I lied and said I was going to the restroom. Let's go," he said and grabbed your wrist, pulling you along. You were going to whine, but he smiled again at you and softened his grip. 

 

Everyone gathered at the door two minutes before the bell rang as usual. You were usually at your desk near the teacher's finishing the task you were given. "Hey Y/n, what are you doing afterschool?" You looked up to see Hyunjin standing in front of you with his hands in his pockets. 

"Homework," you answered with a forced smile. 

"Fine. I have better plans anyways," he said and walked away. 

 

The bell rung, and everyone was out in less than a second. "I'll finish this up and give it to you tomorrow," you said to Mrs. Jeon and put the stack of paper into your backpack. 

"See you tomorrow," she said with a smile.

"Yup, have a good day Mrs. Jeon!" You said and walked out to your locker, which happened to be right there. 

 

You walked out of the building and grabbed your headphones. "Hey Y/n," someone called. You rolled your eyes, thinking it was another one of those freshmen. The annoyed look you had quickly disappeared as you saw Jisung approach you. 

"Hey Jisung, did you need something?" You asked and shoved your headphones back into your pocket.

"Are you busy? I wanted to take a walk, but no one was free," he chuckled. 

"I'm not actually. Where are we heading exactly?" You asked. He started speaking, but your attention shifted to a little boy behind Jisung. Hyunjin stood with Achillo and Woochan. He whispered something to them before crossing his arms and shaking his head. 

"So maybe just the park near our neighborhood," Jisung said, finishing his sentence.

"Ahh okay. Let's go then!" You said and grabbed is and, pulling him away before the freshmen boys approached you. 

 

Jisung bought you and him a triangle kimbap and banana milk, simple snack. "So, how are you doing in your classes?" He asked as he took a sip of his milk. 

"Mmmm, fine, not bad. I have good grades, but I don't really understand anything sometimes," you laughed. He chuckled. 

"Don't worry. I have a hard time focusing too," he said. "Oh! My friends and I are starting a dance group, auditions only. I heard you were into dancing, would you like to audition?" He asked. Dance. Jisung. Audition. 

"Yes! Of course! When are the auditions?" You asked then took a bite out of your kimbap.

"On Friday, oh, and the type of dance will be more of a hip hop feel."

"That's fine, I like hip hop too."

 

Jisung walked you home before it was 17:00. "I hope to see you at that audition on Friday! See you later!" He said and waved harshly at you with a cute smile. You smiled back and waved. 

"Who's that?" Your brother Jimin asked as you walked in. You ignored him and continued to take off your shoes. "Jisung again?" You smiled uncontrollably and bit your lips.

"Yes," you answered and headed to your room. 

"Don't go-!" Jimin shouted, but was too late. You opened your door and immediately closed it when you saw Taehyung's . 

"Why is he in there?" You asked.

"We... are like... playing. Jungkook's in my room, so Taehyung had to be in yours," Jimin said, quieting down. You sighed and threw you backpack on the couch, sitting next to Jimin.

"What game are you guys playing? Fashion show? Model? Dress up?" 

"No! Just, it's nothing."

 

You grabbed a mandarin orange off the fruit bowl on the table and started peeling it. Jungkook was the first to walk out. He wore a nice suit and had his hands in his blazer striking a pose at you two. Jimin clapped his hands and waited for Taehyung. A few minutes later, Taehyung came out wearing a muscle tee, ripped jeans, a snapback, and had a bandanna tied around his waist. You choked on your orange. "What is this?" You asked them. 

"Okay, since you're here Y/n, I have a date with someone and asked them to try outfits for me. Which one do you think is better?" Jimin asked wit his hands in his laps. 

"None. Jungkook's is too, nice. Taehyung's is too, bad boy, it'll give off a bad first impression. Dress more casually geez," You said. "I'm going to my room now." You wrapped your bag with your orange still in your hand as you walked into your bedroom. 

 

There was a knock then Taehyung poked his head in. "Can I get my clothes?" He asked.

"Come in," you answered, not taking your eyes off your laptop. 

"Still stalking boys I see," Taehyung said as he was about to leave. 

"Boy if you-" You were cut off by the blanket Taehyung threw over you. "Tsk." You threw the blanket on the ground and went back to typing your essay. 

 

A bad boy Tae walked into your brain, smirking at you as he bit his lips and had has hands in his pockets. You shook the thought away, cringing. Taehyung was your crush about three years ago. He basically lived with you guys, and over that course of time, you two pretty close. He would tease you often, making you think he likes you. You've never told anyone about your crush on your older brother's friend because you were embarrassed. Shortly after, he started seeing this girl from their school, and stopped coming over. You would ask Jimin about Taehyung, and Jimin's answer was always the same. "He's doing great with his girlfriend." It hurts to see your crush with another girl, but once you entered high school you got over him. You changed out of your girly self and had forgotten about boys. Taehyung broke up with his girlfriend and started coming over like usual, but he didn't tease you as often anymore, considering how you weren't a little kid anymore. You honestly didn't mind because there was better stuff to do anyways. He is hot, you'll admit, but the kind of hot you'd just stare at and admire, if you get what I mean. You never needed anyone, being alone was fine with you. That is, until Jisung stepped into your life.

 

Your crush on Jisung started when you two were paired up to work on a project together. He was kind, sweet, silly, playful, and handsome as hell. You worked your way into becoming friends with him. As much as you liked him, you didn't want to confess or ask him out, afraid you'd ruin the friendship you two built. He was always the kind to hangout with his friends and follow is dreams and passions. Obviously you weren't one of them. 

 

Near the end of your sophomore year, your English teacher asked you to be her teacher assistant for next year. "I'll be teaching a few freshman classes, and those kids are quite a handful," she had told you. You agreed because you had nothing better to do next year. If you could go back in time, you would say no. Being a teacher assistant was fun, but it was the students who annoyed you. That one group of friends especially. 

 

"Y/n, I'll be in a meeting for about twenty minutes. Please start class for me," Mrs. Jeon said as she left you with these horrifying creatures. Okay, they're not that bad, you just can't control their talking. Like, they would talk on and on and never shut up. 

 

"Guys, please by quiet," you said, but ended up sounding like a whisper. Hyunjin raised his hand and looked at you with heroic eyes. 

"I got this," he said and shouted, "GUYS SHUT UP! Y/N'S TRYING TO TALK HERE!" 

And it worked. "Um, thanks." He winked at you. You looked away, pretending you didn't see that. "Okay, so Mrs. Jeon wants you guys to read the next chapter of The Girl Who Wrote Loneliness and answer the questions on the board," You said and started walking back to your desk. 

"What if we don't have a book?" Someone shouted. 

"Share? Or look for it," you answered and sat down.

"I can't see the board." Someone else shouted.

"You can go up to it when you get to the questions."

"But I don't want to get up."

"Fine-"

"Just get up geez," Hyunjin snapped at the kid. He winked at you again, in return you looked down at the papers on your desk. 

 

Mr. Kim technically made you sign up as one of the students who will offer tutoring for math. You didn't want to, but there were barely anyone else who would do it. After Mrs. Jeon returned, you asked to go out and hang your posters. You had five with ten flaps on each, fifty total. 

 

It wasn't surprising when you found most of them torn off but no one gave you a call or text. As you collected your posters, your phone vibrated. You took it out to find a text saying: Hi, I saw your poster about math tutoring, which will be very helpful for me. Please meet me in the library after school. Thanks

 

You handed Mrs. Jeon the last stack of paper just as the bell rung. Making your way out of class and to your locker wasn't hard since everyone was gone. You grabbed all your math materials and headed down to the library. Your eyes scanned the room for any kid, but found none. Walking deeper into the library, you found a boy sitting at a table. Assuming it was the kid who texted you, you walked over and tapped his shoulder. "Hey, are you the one who tex- Woochan!" You asked, shocked when the boy turned around.

"Yea, I texted you," he replied with a smile. 

"Oh, okay. Aren't you good at math?" You asked as you took a seat next to him. 

"No, I'm horrible," he laughed and went back to the worksheet in front of him. It was on inequalities. "Help me on number ten," he demanded and slid the paper to you.

"Gee thanks for asking," you said sarcastically and took a look at the paper. 

 

After basically giving him the answer to number ten, he asked for help on the rest of the problems. Thirty minutes passed and the librarian shooed you two out since the library was now closed. 

 

"Can I go over to your place?" Woochan asked. 

"Sure, why not," you replied.

 

You walked in on Jimin and his friends playing another weird game. Jungkook was shirtless, Taehyung had his hair tied into multiple mini ponytails that shot straight up due to his short hair, and Jimin had a drawn on his forehead with your lipstick. "Ewww, I thought I told you guys not to touch my things," you said as you stared at the flat lipstick lying on the carpet. 

"Do you want it back?" Jimin asked. 

"No- no, you can keep it," you said and walked to your room. Woochan quietly followed with the boys looking at him. 

 

"Okay," you sighed as you sat on your bed. "Do you want anything to eat?" Woochan placed his things on the ground and sat down next to them. 

"Yea actually, I'm pretty hungry," you chuckled. 

"I'll make us some ramen then," you said taking off your backpack before heading into the kitchen. 

 

Taehyung came out of the small room containing small snacks and other goodies, arm full with mini bags of chips. "Was he the one you were stalking the other day?" He asked once he saw you. 

"No." You answered sternly. 

"Would you two like some chips?" He asked, already prepared to hand you two bags. 

"It's fine, we're gonna eat ramen instead," you answered, placing the pot on the stove. Taehyung watched you for a few seconds before heading back to the living room. 

 

You and Woochan had papers sprawled out on the floor, including yourselves. The empty bowls of ramen were stacked on top of each other next to you. Woochan's phone rang, so you took the worksheet from him to take a closer look at the problem. "Eomma, I'm at my tutor's house. — Yes she's a girl. — Yes I already ate. — Okay, I'll give you a call when I'm done." He hung up and placed his phone faced down on the floor. 

 

You cleared your throat. "So for this problem, you just have to solve the problems separately then graph the both of them. They're usually going the opposite direction too, so if one follows the other, you screwed up somewhere," you said and handed the paper back to Woochan. He nodded and finished the problem quickly. 

 

You and him were talking about math, but somehow it ended here. "Wait, so peed your pants when you were stuck under your parents' bed?" He asked, trying to catch his breath from laughing. 

"Yea! Like my legs and but was sticking out, if was just my waist up under the bed. Jimin tried pulling me out, but he grabbed my ankles, knowing I was ticklish there," you said and watched Woochan laugh to your story.

"How are you ticklish there?" He asked, and you could see him reaching for your ankles. Next thing you know, you were laughing so hard as he hand each hand wrapped around your ankles. 

"St- stop!" You laughed, trying to remove his hands. "Do you want me to pee on your homework?" You shouted and laughed at the same time. Woochan laughed and finally let go.

 

You waved bye back when Woochan got into his mother's car. It was 19:00 by then. "What was with all the loud laughing?" Jimin asked once you closed the door. 

"Oh nothing, we were just having fun," you said and headed for you room. 

"Y/n! He is a freshman!" Taehyung said sarcastically. You crossed your arms and turned to look at him. 

"Shut up Tae."

"Woah, watch your profanity," Jungkook said. You pouted. 

"Oppa! They're being mean to me!" You pointed at the laughing boys. Jimin was holding back his laugh too. "You know what, never mind," you said in your normal voice and shut the door. 

 

>>>

 

The other night you spent with Woochan was making you feel weird. You shuddered at the memory and continued to walk through the gush of wind that was hitting you. Your little nose was red and your glasses clutched onto you as if they were glued on. There were only a few people passing by, usually there would be no space to even move at Yeouido Hangang Park. You wanted to take some pictures before you headed home, and this was the place you chose. 

 

There were no one sitting or standing by the "I Seoul U" sign, so you quickly stole a picture. To catch a picture of the shiny floor — due to water — you placed the camera on the ground, waiting for it to focus first. "Oh, hey Y/n. I didn't know you liked photography," a familiar voice said. You know who it was just from the "oh". 

"Hey Taehyung," you said and stood up. "I've been into it like three years ago." Hanging from his neck was a camera, an expensive camera. You looked down at your small digital camera. 

 

"I like photography too," he said and pulled his camera up, quickly taking a picture of you. Once you realized he was trying to take a picture of you, you quickly covered your face and turned away. "Yah, I never said I liked being in the pictures." He chuckled as he looked at his freshly taken photo. 

"Do you want to look at it? It came out quite nice," he said already walking over. You removed your hand and actually leaned in to take a look. 

"Nice skills you got there," you said and looked away from the camera. "I got to get home now, see you some time later!" You said excusing yourself and ran away. Taehyung shifted his weight onto one leg as he watched you run away. 

"Cute," he chuckled to himself.

 

On your way home, you decided to stop at the neighborhood park to snatch a few more photos. Wrong decision. "Y/n! Did you come here to look for us?" Hyunjin immediately perked up once you stepped foot into the opening. You sighed and tilted your head to the side. 

"Hmm, there's oddly no children here today," you said and pretend you couldn't see the boys, walking right by them. "Perfect." You smiled and bent down, taking a photo of the cherry blossom tree with no cherry blossoms. 

 

"C'mon, I'm not that ugly," Hyunjin said from behind you. You turned and frowned at him. 

"I didn't come to look for you guys, now leave me alone," you said and continued taking pictures. Suddenly the camera no longer focused on the tree and instead on a black blob moving into the frame. Woochan stepped back a little, showing his face now. He cutely posed for you, so you took a photo for memories. 

 

You eventually ended up talking with Woochan while Hyunjin and Achillo chased each other around. "Do you still need help on your math?" You asked.

"No, I got it now," he said, eyes on his friends. 

"I wonder, how did you three become friends? You all seem so different," you mentioned, taking a closer look at the boys in front of you. 

"Opposite attracts," he said with a laugh. "We were all I the same class in our third year of primary school." 

"Ahh, so you've all been friends since then?" You asked. Woochan nodded. You took out your phone, checking the time. 

"Ah, it's late now. I should be heading home. I'll see you boys tomorrow!" You said waving, quickly hurrying home. 

 

Jimin was sitting on the floor with Taehyung and Jungkook again. Ignoring the group of men in your living room, you quietly sneaked into your room, which of course didn't work.

"Y/n! Where did you come from? Taehyung said he saw you at Yeouido Hangang Park, but you left early to come home," Jimin said, his voice getting closer each word. You sighed, "Of course" you thought. 

"I decided to stop by the neighborhood park," you told him honestly. Jimin ruffled your hair. 

"Don't go out so much, your skin will become dark," he said and pinched your cheek. 

"AhhhhHHH!" You shouted and slapped his hand. 

"Oh, and one of your friends came to look for you, his name was, Han, Han, Han,"

"Jisung!" Jungkook shouted from behind Jimin. 

"Oh yes! Han Jisung."

"Jisung?" You asked half excited half confused.

"How is such a good-looking boy friends with your ugly ?" Jimin asked. You shot him looks that could make him vanish into ashes. "Wait, that's right, my little beautiful dongsaeng," he said and patted your head. You smiled cutely at him to reassure him you've accepted his apology. 

"I'll get going now," you said and turned around. 

"No! Come talk with us!" Taehyung shouted. 

"Ah, I'll see," you lied and closed your door. 

 

You leaned against it, and fell to the floor. "Why? Why y/n? He's just your brother's friend you used to like, it's not like you like him." You said to yourself and rubbed your eyes. 

 

A few minutes later, you walked into the living room with some more comfortable clothes. "So, what are we talking about? Girls, cars, and shoes?" You asked as you sat down. Jungkook stared at you blankly with a controller in his hand. "And games?" You asked again with a nervous smile. 

"Do you want to play Super Smash Bros with us?" Taehyung asked, poking his head out from behind Jungkook. 

"Sure," you said and settled in more. "I'll go against the winner, yeah?" They all agreed. 

 

_____________________

A/N: sorry for the delay on this story, I finished the chapter and had thought I've updated already.