#02

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course, they would get a scolding. What was she thinking, believing that they can get away for what happened? Yewon sighed deeply. She couldn’t even understand most of what her teacher was saying, and when she looked at Yuna just staring blankly at their still talking teacher, she knows that the girl was in her own world again.

It was supposed to be the perfect day. Going on the choir team building trip was supposed to be the greatest experience for them as a start of being a couple. She was thinking all week prior that in that team building, she’s sure to build more foundation for her and Yuna’s relationship. Hanging out after school is fun and all, and surely it doesn’t fail to make her feel more attached to Yuna, but she’s thinking and hoping that the trip would do some sort of charm to their relationship. She’s a little bit of a romantic, and she really likes Yuna, and maybe that’s why she believes that something magical would happen if they’re going to spend those three days and two nights together.

But then, being scolded for being late early in the morning is never a good start.

Yewon can’t believe the reason for them being late. She woke up early, met up with Yuna 45 minutes before the time they needed to be at the school, and they decided to eat their breakfast at the school canteen just so they wouldn’t be late. It was when Yewon started losing the grip in reality and lived in the dream of her and Yuna being the only ones existing in the world that all the effort of them going to the school early went south. They were having normal conversation, but somehow Yewon failed to keep track of the time and before she knew it, they were already 15 minutes late and one of the teachers that was assigned to look after the students was fuming mad when they reached their bus.

“I’m keeping my eyes on the two of you.” Their teacher said, reaching the end of her speech. She stood up and walked to the front seat of the bus, leaving the only two people sitting at the back alone with their friends looking at them with wide teasing grins.

Yerin who was happily munching her chocolate flavored Pepero while watching the whole scene of her friends being scolded stood up and went to sit beside Yuna, “So, what’s the reason why the two lovebirds are late?” She asked.

Yuna slapped her thigh lightly; shy at what her friend called Yewon and her. She’s still not used to have someone talk how she and Yewon are together, not that she wasn’t proud of it, she was just really shy. It was still a little bit surreal, the good kind of dream. Every time her friends would bring it up, there are butterflies surging from inside her stomach and as much as she likes it, she doesn’t know how to act up it.

“No reason that you should be aware of.” Yuna claimed, clueless at the fact that Yewon who was just sitting beside her was still feeling bad being scolded like that.

When Yuna finally noticed that Yewon was still a bit down. She took Yerin’s box of Pepero, unyielding to the girl’s demand to give it back to her. She tapped Yewon’s shoulder and offered her some but the girl politely decline the offer with a small smile. Not giving up yet, Yuna picked one piece and reached it closer to the girl’s face who still insisted that she doesn’t want it.

“She said she doesn’t want some, now give it back.” Yerin demanded while reaching for her box of favorite snack. Yuna who knows how much her friend loves snack decided to by holding the box far from her reach, biting the piece she was just offering to her girlfriend earlier. Yerin who’s not done in trying to retrieve her snack decided to take the rest of the bread stick Yuna just ate. Yerin smirked, “Ha—” before she could eat the stick it was already snatched out from her hand.

Both of them are surprised and turned to look at Yewon who was avoiding looking at them. Eating the remaining piece of the bread. “Changed my mind.” She mumbled before taking a short glance at them two, catching the wicked grin plastered on Yerin’s face.

She could feel her ears heating up. She was so obvious, Yewon thinks.

Yerin took the chance to retrieve the box from Yuna, her already wide grin getting wider by the second. “Yuna, let’s play pepero kiss.” She said, already biting the end while grabbing Yuna’s arm to get her attention. She noticed how Yewon straightened up her back, still refusing to look at them.

“Huh?” Yuna asked, confused at the suddenness of her friend. But then again, she’s not that surprised. “You’re bored aren’t you?”

Yerin nodded her head enthusiastically, leaning her head more to have the stick closer to Yuna who was willing to play with her friend. She was about to lean in when she suddenly felt a hand holding her shoulder, stopping her halfway and when she look at Yewon she saw the girl already standing from her seat, moving to sit in the middle of her and Yerin.

Yewon bit the other end of the stick; surprising Yerin who was about to pull away but Yewon already took several rushed bites before stopping after eating more than half of it. “I was bored too.” She said shortly, looking down on her lap. She couldn’t look at Yuna because she was still shy because of her actions and she couldn’t look at Yerin because she doesn’t want to see the same grin that she knows would add to her already growing embarrassment.

“My job here is done.” Yerin winked at Yuna and pats Yewon’s back before going back to her seat, leaving the couple alone again.

“I—so—uhm—” Yewon cleared . Seeing that Yerin left her box of pepero on the seat, she picked it up before offering one to Yuna who was only staring at her. “Pepero?”

---

“I’m so tired I can sleep for a whole week.” Eunbi grumbled, lying on the bed with her face buried on her pillow. Her assigned roommate, Yewon who was still arranging her things inside her bag hummed to answer her.

“I’m not doubting that.” She said, smiling when she heard a groan from the not-so-obvious older girl that was already whining like a kid on the top bunk. “Come on, the activities earlier weren’t that bad. It wasn’t as energy draining as we’ve expected before.”

“Says the person who just got into a relationship.”

Surprised at what her friend just claimed, Yewon stood up and peeked at her. She asked, “Care to explain what the connection between me being in a relationship and what I’ve just said is?”

Eunbi who was feeling lazy to even move her body just turned her head to the side so that she could look at her friend to talk properly. “You’re inspired. It’s the biggest factor why up until now you have that bright smile on your face.” She then added, “It’s almost 11pm, Yewon, and you still look like it’s the prime hour of the day. Are you gonna meet Yuna?”

Blushing at mention of her girlfriend’s name, Yewon stepped backwards and cleared , returning to what she was doing earlier without answering her friend. Eunbi on the other hand, doesn’t need to hear any verbal answer from her friend to confirm her thoughts. Grinning widely, she lazily stretched her arm to reach for Yewon’s head and ruffled her hair.

“You’re growing up well, Yewon.” She said before laughing at the girl’s not so successful attempt to intimidate her with a glare that just made her look like a cute kid trying to look mad.

“I’ll just go.” Yewon said, wanting to just run away before she gets any further teasing from her older friend. “I have the keys so don’t worry about locking the door.”

“Yeah, I don’t have any strength to even get up here. Just lock the door when you leave.”

“Alright.”

“Also, Yewon?” Eunbi added, head stretching to peek on her friend who was halfway out of their shared room. “The two of you shouldn’t stay out too late. If you’re late again tomorrow, our teacher would kill you.”

“Thanks for reminding me that.” Yewon chuckled, knowing that time would be something she shouldn’t lose track of. “See you later.”

---

Yewon being excited was a plain description of how she really feels. Some people may say that it’s only because she and Yuna have just started dating which brings her that kind of excitement every time she’ll meet her girlfriend but she would like to disagree with them. The two of them have known each other for quite awhile already, and surely from that point up until now, her feelings for the girl never wavered. The excitement, the yearning, all the bad and good things that have happened all the time that they have been in each other’s life, everything—even the simplest ones—she knows that those are what adds up to how happy she is at the present. So she was sure that in the future, it’ll all be the same.

She’s a dreamer, maybe. But for Yewon, dreaming of her future with Yuna in it brings her something beyond happiness, moreover, it was something reachable.

“You’ve been smiling nonstop since earlier. Did something good happen?” Yuna asked, curious because Yewon looked extra happy.

Right now, all of their friends are staying in their own rooms, probably resting because of the tiring day they just had but the two of them had texted each other earlier and decided to meet since both of them aren’t sleepy yet. Since they are at a beach resort, the two of them thought that they can take this chance to unwind and spend more time outside the circle of their purpose of going their primarily for the team building.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter