#01

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon was feeling all giddy. Yuna had just asked her out on a date officially before she headed for her first class. It was shocking at first when she saw the older girl walking up to her all shy and red before asking the question but it was a cute sight. She couldn’t help but giggle internally when Yuna started to stutter.

 

The pair had been friends since Yewon entered the choir club. While she was in her first year, Yuna was already in her second. Interested in singing, Yewon went for the audition the choir was holding and that was where she first met Yuna. She couldn’t keep her jaw closed and watched Yuna in awe when the sophomore was singing in front of the crowd. When it was her turn to showcase what she had in store for the club, Yewon felt all shy when she noticed that Yuna was staring at her intensely so she looked elsewhere while singing in front of the seniors. By the end of the day, she was surprised when Yuna came up to her with a huge smile on her face to welcome her to the school.

 

As a day changed to months and months turned into a year, it wasn’t a secret to others that Yewon and Yuna had something for one another. In fact, it was obvious that the two liked each other more than a friend. Their friends would never miss the opportunity to tease them whenever they could just to see them blushing and denying everything they say.

 

“I heard from some students that Yuna asked you out. Is that true?” Eunbi, Yewon’s classmate asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. “It's about time, you know.”

 

“News really do spread fast around here,” Yewon murmured, her cheeks tinted a light shade of red. “I honestly didn't expect Yuna to openly ask me out on a date. I wonder where she got the courage from.”

 

“Eunbi number one might have knocked some sense into her,” Eunbi snickered. “She might have been dramatic and told Yuna that if she doesn't ask you out soon, someone else might steal you away from her first.”

 

“That really sounds like something she would do,” Yewon chuckled with a small smile gracing her lips.

 

“So, when’s the date?” Eunbi asked, leaning close to her friend with a playful grin.

 

“Saturday afternoon,” Yewon answered shyly.

 

“It’s settled then. I’ll come over to help you pick out your outfit to impress her!”

 

Δ

 

“Do you think she’ll like the itinerary I’ve planned out for us this afternoon?”

 

It was finally Saturday and that meant d-day for a date with Yewon.

 

Rolling her eyes, Eunbi, the older one, walked up to her best friend and flicked her forehead lightly to ‘knock’ some sense into Yuna’s mind. “It’s Yewon you’re going on a date with, Yuna. You’ve planned something that suits her taste. I’m sure she’ll love it.”

 

“But—” Yuna looked at Eunbi with puppy eyes when the latter glared at her. “But this is my first date with her! I don’t want her to think it’s boring.”

 

“I think she'll still like it even if you just bring her to the park for a walk,” Eunbi clicked her tongue and shook her head at her worried best friend. “That’s just how Yewon is.”

 

“I know,” Yuna whined. “But—”

 

“No buts, Choi Yuna. You’re supposed to get ready now. You have a date with Miss Kim in an hour time.”

 

--

 

Yuna waited patiently for Yewon to arrive. Glancing at the time on her phone, she had approximately ten minutes to calm her raging heart. Somehow, she was feeling extremely nervous to see Yewon although she practically sees her five times in a week whenever the semester started. Clutching on the strap of her bag tightly, she took a few deep breaths in and out, hoping that she would not make a fool of herself in front of Yewon. After all, her main goal for the day was to impress the latter.

 

“Yuna!”

 

Looking up from the ground, Yuna smiled bashfully upon seeing Yewon waving to her with a bright grin. The nervousness she was feeling was immediately replaced by a warm feeling in her chest as she waved back to the girl.

 

“Did I make you wait for long?” Yewon asked, looking at Yuna apologetically.

 

Yuna shook her head before giving the younger girl a reassuring smile. “Not really. I just arrived a few minutes ago actually.”

 

“You’re not lying about that, right?” Yewon narrowed her eyes.

 

“I only waited for around ten minutes or so. That’s not too long,” Yuna chuckled lightly and gave Yewon’s cheek a gentle pat before guiding her hand down to interlock her fingers with the latter’s. “Shall we go now?”

 

The older girl failed to conceal her smile when she noticed Yewon blushing from the corner of her eyes. Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, she leaned her face closer to Yewon in a teasing manner and asked, “Why are you turning red, hm? It’s not like this is the first time we’ve held hands.”

 

“I—It’s just hot. Let’s go now,” Yewon huffed and tugged on Yuna’s hand, leading them the opposite way of where Yuna wanted to take her to first.

 

“The place we’re going to is the other way, Yewon. Do you happen to have someplace else in mind that you want to go to with me?” Yuna smiled in amusement upon seeing Yewon’s cheek turning a darker shade of red.

 

“Shut up and just lead me the way,” Yewon grumbled, unable to look at her date straight in the eyes.

 

Δ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter