#04

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today she’ll be able to ask Yewon, Yuna cheered for herself. The prom is coming closer by the day and she still haven’t talk about it with her girlfriend, the only person she wants to take with her to the prom. Even her friends who are so sure that she will take Yewon with her are frustrated at the thought of her still not talking about it with the girl.

Sojung asked her what she was waiting for. Yewon is her girlfriend, it was already given that they’ll be each other’s date on that night and the only thing left was for her to ask the girl officially for that day, so she doesn’t understand what it is that Yuna’s waiting for. Yuna couldn’t even answer them whenever they ask her ‘why’ and she was growing more nervous that she already is everytime she’ll be reminded of it.

She wants to be able to ask it outloud, of course, but no matter how much it was practically a general knowledge to every one of her friends (and even to Yewon) that she’ll be bringing the girl as her date she still find it hard to get the words out of her system. One time that she tried asking the girl, it felt like she was having an asthma attack with how much Yewon was taking her breath away just by simply being with her.

After checking for the last time if her heart and mind were in place and wouldn’t suddenly run away and leave her as a coward in Yewon’s eyes when she goes to see her, she made her way to the girl’s house. The whole time that she’s travelling, she only has one thing in her mind, ‘there’s no turning back’ as she kept on reminding herself that there was no way that she wouldn’t ask her girlfriend to go with her to the prom on that day.

She rang the doorbell of the girl’s house after deciding to visit the girl without any prior notice, knowing that Yewon wouldn’t be busy on that day she was confident that she would be at home as she usually is. She was right, because a few seconds after there was a voice from the intercom asking who it was. After saying her name, she was already invited in as the gate automatically opened.

She has got to admit that she still gets amazed by her girlfriend’s home no matter how many times she has went to visit there before. She could still remember her jaw dropping the very first time she and their friends were invited to the girl’s house. Yewon’s family was rich, that’s not too much to say. They’re not rich rich but still compared to her and their friends, Yewon is considered rich. It was something that intimidated her before but after knowing Yewon more and more, she learned how to slowly let go of the thought and the two of them became closer than they already are. Without knowing where their friendship would take them, she found herself liking the girl more than she intended too. But then, it wasn’t something she would regret.

As soon as the door was opened for her, she saw Yewon’s questioning look, not knowing anything behind her reason of being there. Yuna grinned sheepishly, wanting to explain her sudden visit but even before she could open her eyes went to the living room where she saw Yewon’s parents sitting together on the sofa, seemingly thinking deep and she has got a vibe that she has got a bad timing on going there.

“Yuna?” She flinched, hearing Yewon’s questioning voice added to the tension she was already feeling. “You could’ve called me before you went here.”

“I’m sorry.” Yuna whispered just so Yewon’s parents wouldn’t hear her. Her mind was already telling her to run away, even by the plain sight of her girlfriend’s parents she already knows that it was a terrible timing for her to go there. “I thought you weren’t doing anything today. I wanted to talk to you but we can talk tomorrow.”

“Yewon.”

Yuna flinched when she heard the firm tone of Yewon’s father as he called for the girl, but Yewon seems unaffected by it. Yuna was about to retreat and leave but her girlfriend caught her wrist even before she can take a step back. She looked at the girl and was surprised when she saw the girl giving her a small smile.

“We can talk later.” Yewon added, “We have to talk to them first.”

“U-Us?”

Yewon nodded her head, still smiling reassuringly at Yuna. “You’re already here so, this chance is as good as any.” She said, pulling the still confused Yuna with her.

Yuna bowed as soon as she’s in front of the elders, giving respect and she only sat when Yewon’s parents told her to sit. She was getting nervous because Yewon just pulled here in that situation without explaining anything to her.

“So it’s true.” Yewon’s mother said solemnly which made Yuna more confused than ever.

“I told you, I’m not joking nor inventing a story.” Yuna stared at Yewon who she had only seen that serious on rare times. Her nervousness growing as she only stayed in silence. “We’re together. Romantically and not just as friends.”

Yuna swore she would’ve had a heart attack, or a panic attack, or anything else that can describe at how much she was having a mental breakdown at the suddenness. It was too surreal that she even thought she was in some kind of a dream. Everything was so out of nowhere and out of order and her mind is in chaos but then, she felt Yewon’s hand on hers and it was giving her reassurance that everything’s okay and that she doesn’t have to be scared. It was also giving her strength when she already felt like her girlfriend’s parents’ stare is breaking her little by little.

“Yuna, how long have the two of you been together?”

“W-W-We just started dating not too long ago, sir. I mean Sir Kim—Mr Kim—sir.” Yuna answered, still couldn’t look at the man straight to his eyes and feeling stupid because of how unsure she is on what to say.

“How serious is this?” It was Yewon’s mother’s turn to ask, her voice softer than Mr Kim’s that somehow gave Yuna another reassurance.

“Very.” The way Yewon answered the question—so sure and without a single hint of hesitation—made Yuna feel the same crazy warmth inside her. It was something that pushes every thought away from her mind to be replaced only by Yewon and everything about her.

“Everything you’ve told us earlier,” Yewon’s father continued, “are you sure about it?”

“I am.” Yewon answered again, her grip on Yuna’s hand tightening and Yuna could only imagine at how much Yewon has already taken hold of her heart. With everything that she has done for her, and everything that she’s willing to do for her—even to the point that Yuna swears would not fail to bring her more questions in life—she thinks that definitely, there’s no way that her feelings for the girl would lessen. In contrary, it’s continuously growing as time passes by. “I’m certain about everything. So I’m hoping that you can give us your blessings.”

“How about you, Yuna?” Yewon’s mother asked challengingly, “Are you sure about dating my daughter?”

“I am.” She said so surely that she even surprised herself at how strong her voice came out, she then began to worry that she unconsciously disrespected the elder one by unintendedly raising her voice. She was about to apologize but then she saw the man smiling at the two of them which was the biggest surprise she had got in the longest five minutes of her life.

“If that’s the case,” The man said, his gruffy strong voice from earlier sounded so warm this time that it reminded Yuna of Yewon’s voice. It was caring and gentle and everything about it never fails to calm Yuna. But his words are more than what she can say is the best news she had received, “then the two of you have our blessings. I appreciate that you two didn’t try hiding it longer from us. And especially for you Yuna, I’m sure you were shocked by the suddenness of the situation, we are informed by Yewon that you didn’t know anything about her telling us about you two.”

“It’s alright, sir.” She said politely, sneaking a glance at Yewon who has the biggest smile on her face.

“You can call me uncle as you usually do.” Yewon’s father said reassuringly which finally brought an entire new relief for Yuna.

“I hope you will take good care of our daughter.”

“I assure you, auntie and uncle, I will.”

---

Yewon only followed Yuna who has been silent ever since they bid goodbye to her parents, saying that she’ll take Yuna out to talk to her. She was only copying Yuna’s step on the pavement, wondering what was running through her girlfriend’s mind at present. Normally, she would’ve let the girl be quiet and sort out her thoughts first but knowing well enough that she was still in shock because of the sudden situation she had went through earlier she decided to intervene with the silence.

She walked faster and stopped in front of her girlfriend who flinched at the sudden appearance as if she didn’t know they were walking together. Yewon looked amused for a second when Yuna stared at her but then the amusement was replaced by fear and surprise  when the girl suddenly got hold of her shoulders. Her mind was suddenly full of thoughts about Yuna getting mad at her for what she did.

“Yuna—”

“You.” Yuna interrupted even before Yewon could say anything. She was staring intently at her girlfriend who was only looking at her nervously. She sighed, “Can you explain exactly what happened earlier? I thought you weren’t ready to tell your parents yet?”

“Oh that?” Yewon showed a toothy grin, hoping that it would at least help her from the possible wrath of her girlfriend. Sometimes she’s just thankful that her girlfriend finds her so cute to the point that putting an effort to act cute in situations similar to this will surely give her an advantage. “I’ve thought about it a lot and I think that there’s no reason for me to hide it to them they’re gonna find out sooner or later anyway.”

“Did I say something that somehow pressure you to do this?”

Yewon, after realizing what was troubling her girlfriend that caused her silence, immediately shook her head. She caught Yuna’s hands that was still holding on her shoulders, guiding each until she was holding it tightly with hers. “No, the reason why I told them about us is not because I’m pressured to do it.” She explained, “I did it because I want to.”

“You should’ve told me first about it.” Yuna reasoned, “If I didn’t come earlier then you would’ve faced them all alone.”

“You always come at the right timing.” Yewon smiled, thinking of all the times that Yuna had surprisingly been there for her whenever she needs someone. And all of those memories are precious to her but the one time that Yewon would never forget, was when Yewon fell in love for the first time and Yuna was just in time to catch her. “I’m sorry for not saying anything in advance. I know that if I told you about it you would definitely come with me to talk to them.”

“Of course I will.” Yuna said firmly, “We’re both responsible for this relationship. You shouldn’t face this alone.”

“And I didn’t. You were there earlier.”

“But if I didn’t come then I wouldn’t have been.”

Yewon sighed, she knows her girlfriend was stubborn enough to not change her mind that easily. She admits, she’s at fault too. “I didn’t know how they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter