#07

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was heartwarming witnessing Yewon talking happily with her cousin that Yuna did not mind that her girlfriend was not paying any attention to her. She was happy that Yewon finally got to meet Joohyun after so long. She could really see how close they were just by the way they interact. It had been an hour and a half since Joohyun landed and the three of them were still at the airport seated in a café.

 

Chin resting on the palm of her hand, a smile had not left Yuna's lips as her eyes were fixed on Yewon. It was adorable how animated the younger girl was as she told Joohyun all the stories she had not told her cousin yet. Yuna had heard of all them before but she loved listening to Yewon's voice that listening to them again felt like it was the first time.

 

“You're lucky to have Yuna.”

 

The said girl's eyes widened hearing her name being mentioned by the older girl. Sitting upright, she felt her cheeks heating up when Joohyun looked at her with a warm smile. It was embarrassing that she got caught staring at her girlfriend by the latter's cousin.

 

“I can see that she loves you a lot from the way she looks at you,” Joohyun continued.

 

“I really am lucky,” Yewon said and tilted her head to look at Yuna with an affectionate smile.

 

Feeling a hand resting atop hers from under the table, Yuna felt warmth instantly coursing in her veins when Yewon interlaced their fingers together.

 

“You know,” Joohyun said softly, her tone laced with a hint of melancholy. “She reminds me of her in a way.”

 

Yuna looked at Joohyun in confusion, wondering who was the

 

her she was referring to. Glancing at Yewon, her curiosity only grew bigger when she saw a sad smile plastered on the younger girl's lips. She wanted to ask but she was afraid she would be stepping out of the line. The last thing she wanted for it to happen was to leave a bad impression of herself on Yewon's favourite cousin.

 

“Tell me more about yourself, Yuna. I've only heard stories about you from Yewon so I want to hear more about you from yourself,” Joohyun suddenly changed the topic, catching Yuna by surprise.

 

“T-There's nothing much about me though,” the latter stuttered. Somehow, she still felt nervous around Joohyun.

 

“That's a lie,” Yewon objected, her nose scrunched up slightly at Yuna's words. “There's so much about you I haven't told Joohyun yet.”

 

“Yewon told me how great of a singer you are and that for the past years you've been winning gold for the female track and field event during sports' day,” Joohyun recalled the few things Yewon had told her before. “I can see that my cousin really likes you so I hope you'll always treat her right.”

 

Tilting her head to face her girlfriend for the nth time of the day, Yuna let out a quiet chuckle upon seeing that Yewon's eyes were enlarged and that her cheeks had turned a light shade of pink. Cute, she thought. Yewon probably did not think her cousin would say that.

 

“Don't worry,” Yuna returned her gaze to Joohyun and smiled, giving Yewon's hand a light squeeze to reassure her. “I've been doing just that since the first day I got to know her.”

 

“I'm glad to hear that then,” Joohyun said with a small, adoring smile gracing her lips.

 

Δ

 

Yewon felt relief seeing how well her cousin and girlfriend were getting along with each other. Yuna was still a little stiff and awkward but she could see that the older girl was trying her best.

 

“You write really well,” Yuna commented, catching Joohyun by surprise who immediately turned to face Yewon with a confused expression.

 

“I still have one of the poems you wrote back in my room and Yuna found and read it just yesterday,” Yewon flashed her cousin a sheepish smile, not expecting her girlfriend to bring that particular topic up.

 

“Which one exactly?” Joohyun asked.

 

“The last one you wrote before you left Korea to study abroad,” Yewon replied as she mindlessly played with Yuna's fingers. “It's a waste to have it thrown away so I kept it.”

 

“Yewon's right. It'll be a waste to throw away such a beautiful poem,” Yuna agreed. “I really like what you wrote. I wish I can write that well too.”

 

“I think that's too much of a compliment, Yuna,” Joohyun blushed in embarrassment.

 

“Yuna here really has a way with words,” Yewon nudged her girlfriend gently, grinning playfully at the latter after. “I think she can be a good writer like you if she actually tries.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter