#03

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna needed a break. Her mind was no longer able to function properly and she felt that if she were to continue studying longer, her brain might just burst from taking in too many information. She regretted starting on Science after completing a set of Math paper. It was such a bad combination that she wondered what her girlfriend was thinking when she made her do it.

 

“I still can’t believe that you’re really my girlfriend now,” she placed her pen down and propped her chin on the palm of her hand, looking at Yewon, who was busy with her own set of notes, with lots of affection. She needed a distraction from studying after doing so for almost two hours. However, instead of getting a reply from the younger girl, Yuna got ignored. Jutting her lower lip out slightly, she retrieved her pen and tried to attempt the paper again. She knew how serious Yewon gets when it comes to revision.

 

“You don’t have to force yourself to do it if you don’t want to, Yuna.”

 

Whipping her head up, the corners of Yuna’s smile tugged up to form a bright smile although Yewon wasn’t looking at her. Slipping all her papers into her file, she then proceeded to leave her seat only to settle down beside the younger girl who was still busy writing down notes for the upcoming examination.

 

“My girlfriend is so hardworking,” Yuna sighed exasperatedly and laid her head on the table. “I’m the one who’s taking the final exam this year but you’re the one being more studious.”

 

Finally taking her eyes off her notes, Yewon turned her head to look at Yuna with soft eyes, instantly melting the latter’s heart. “What’s wrong?” Yuna asked softly, her eyebrows slightly furrowed when she saw the sadness in Yewon’s eyes. “Did I say something I wasn’t supposed to say?”

 

Yewon immediately shook her head.

 

“Then what is it?” Yuna looked at the younger girl curiously.

 

“I’m just sad that I won’t be able to see you in school anymore once you graduate,” Yewon confessed, her eyes darting back to her notes as blood rushed up to her cheeks.

 

Yuna chuckled softly and sat upright once again, reaching both her hands out to cradle Yewon’s cheeks, making the latter face her. “I can always send and pick you up after school if you’d like me to. Our houses aren’t that far away from each other anyway,” she smiled warmly and gave Yewon’s cheeks a light squish. “I wouldn’t mind doing that just for my favourite girl.”

 

“That’ll just be an inconvenience for you though,” Yewon muttered. She was sure her face was as red as a tomato by then. “I don't want you to wake up early just for me when you can sleep longer since you won't have school for a few more months until you start college.”

 

“I really don't—”

 

Before Yuna could finish her sentence, Yewon had pressed her forefinger against her lips, causing her to scrunch up her nose slightly.

 

“There’s always the weekends for us to spend time with each other, Yuna. Let's just make the most this semester before your finals start, hm?” Yewon gave her girlfriend a small smile and settled her hand down on Yuna’s lap, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

 

The younger girl was thoughtful. It was one of the many sides of Yewon that Yuna loved about her. Casting her eyes down, she felt her breath hitched in when she saw Yewon subtly wetting her lips. She found herself slowly leaning closer and closer until a loud voice calling out to them was heard, causing her to pull away quickly.

 

“I told you the lovebirds are here. You owe me an ice cream now!”

 

Yuna took a quick glance at the girl sitting beside her. She couldn’t help but smile a little when she saw her with red cheeks once again. Cute, she thought as she looked at Yewon again to study her features up close.

 

“Tsk. You practically see Yewon every single day, Yuna. Why are you staring at her as if you’ve never seen her for years?” the young Eunbi pretended to gag as she made her way to the other side to settle down on the bench where Yuna was previously sitting.

 

“Leave them be. You’re just jealous that Yewon picked to study with Yuna instead of you,” Sojung snickered, earning herself a sharp glare from Eunbi.

 

“What brings the both of you here?” Yewon spoke up before the two start bickering with one another. All hell would break loose once that happens.

 

“Sojung wanted to study at the library but it was packed so I told her that the two of you might be here and I was right,” Eunbi said with a smug grin.

 

Rolling her eyes, Sojung sat down beside her and placed her bag on the table before ping it to take out the materials that she needed to study for. “I hope the two of you don't mind us joining. It's really hard to get seats in the library and I don't think I’d study once I’m home.”

 

“As long as Hwang Eunbi doesn’t complain a lot, you are free to join us,” Yewon looked at her same age friend and flashed her an innocent smile.

 

“Yah, I don’t—”

 

“You do,” Sojung intercepted.

 

“Fine,” Eunbi huffed. “I won’t complain about being bored or whatsoever.”

 

Δ

 

“Can we go get something to eat? I’m hungryyyy,” Eunbi whined as she laid her head on the table, looking at Sojung, who was concentrated with teaching Yuna on a certain Science topic, with a small pout. “It’s been two hours and I don’t think I can get anything into my brain anymore.”

 

Yewon, who had completed her task since an hour ago, chuckled quietly at her best friend. “Why don’t we go check out the cafeteria and see what snacks they’re selling still?” she suggested. She didn’t want Eunbi to whine non-stop due to the lack of attention from any of them when Sojung was busy helping Yuna. Yewon knew how upset her girlfriend would get if she still can't understand what was being taught by the end of the day.

 

“Really?” Eunbi’s head shot up and looked at her classmate with a bright grin.

 

“I’m done with my notes so why not?” Yewon shrugged.

 

“Let’s get going then!” the older out of the two same age friends quickly got out of her seat and walked over to the other side to tug on her friend’s arm enthusiastically.

 

“Do the two of you want anything from the cafeteria?” Yewon asked, looking back and forth at Sojung and Yuna.

 

“Nah, I’m good,” Sojung answered with a small smile.

 

“I’ll eat whatever you get for me, Yewon,” Yuna turned to face her girlfriend and gave the latter’s hand that she had been holding since Yewo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter