Past

Packless

"So you're part of our pack now? "Jaehwan has asked when he saw the still raw bite mark over Hongbin's neck when he and Wonshik returned home from wherever they went to. 

"Yeah. "Hongbin confirms, nodding his head only to regret it when a surge of pain hit him, making him wince. 

"Why? "Wonshik asks curiously with confusion over his face. "Taekwoon wouldn't just take anyone in so easily. Especially someone whom he just met. "

"He killed my parents. He was the reason I lost my pack and am alone until now. So it's only fair that he gives me what he took from me. A pack."Hongbin states venomously, waiting for their reaction and when they didn't look surprised, he realised that they knew about their pack leader's past as a killer. "You knew. "He huffs. 

"Yes, we know. "Jaehwan confirms. "But he's different now. Taekwoon doesn't... kill anymore. Not after he met Hakyeon. "He says and Hongbin raised an eyebrow. 

"What did Hakyeon do? "

Wonshik and Jaehwan shared a glance at that question and a small smile linger on their face. "He showed him light. He showed us light and took us out of the darkness we lived in. "Wonshik answered and Hongbin frowns. 

"Us? "He repeats. "Does that mean you--"

"Wonshik and I were assassins. "Jaehwan confirms boldly and Hongbin isn't sure if he should be surprised at how calm the beta is when saying that. "We've killed a lot. "He admits and when Hongbin doesn't say another word, he smirks. 

"Do you regret it? Do you regret joining our pack? "He asked but still, Hongbin just stare at him instead of answering. "There's a reason why our pack is so small, you know? There's a reason why Taekwoon refused each and everyone who came asking to join our pack. It's because each of us here had a dark past. "

"Even Hakyeon? And Sanghyuk? "Hongbin whispers. 

"Even them. "

"They kill too? "Hongbin's voice grew smaller as he realised that he's now living with a pack of murderers.

"Hakyeon don't. Sanghyuk did. No,he still does. "Wonshik tells him and Hongbin gulps audibly. 

"It's not too late if you want to change your mind. You can still leave our pack as long as the pack mark hasn't set in. "Jaehwan reminds and Hongbin blinks. 

It's scary, he thinks. It's scary to be in the same pack as murderers and even living under the same roof as them but he doesn't want to leave the pack. Not yet, anyway. Not until he has gotten his revenge. 

"I'm staying. "

 

 

Hongbin has just finished showering and was about to put on his shirt when the door of his room is suddenly thrown open without a warning, revealing a pissed looking Sanghyuk. 

"I don't want you here. "Sanghyuk says flatly, glaring at him but instead of answering, Hongbin chose to ignore him. 

"Leave right now or I'll make you. "Sanghyuk orders and this time, Hongbin scoffs. 

"You can't make me. "He says, rolling his eyes. Sanghyuk may be a murderer but Hongbin is a fighter. He doesn't do well with being ordered around, not after living by himself his whole life. 

"Yes, I can. I'll even kill you if I have to. "Sanghyuk snarls, baring his teeth at Hongbin and Hongbin unconsciously step back at the sudden overwhelming smell of irritated alpha. His instinct told him to listen and submit but like hell he's going to do that. 

"Fight me then. If I win, I get to stay but if you win, I'll leave. "Hongbin offers and without actually saying a verbal agreement, Sanghyuk charges forward, slamming Hongbin against the wall and taking him by surprise. 

"That's not fair! "Hongbin wails, pushing the alpha away with little strength. He may just be a beta but his strength is definitely comparable to that of an alpha and if Sanghyuk is going to end his life, then he'll not make it easy for him. 

Sanghyuk smirks. "Do you think someone like me care whether something is fair or not? "He asks as he charges for Hongbin once again. 

Hongbin huffs, blocking Sanghyuk attack while trying to make a move himself but soon, it's proven that both of them are skilled and neither are willing to back down, resulting in them, just huffing and panting in exhaustion, not even a scratch on each other's body. 

Sanghyuk has his back pressed against the wall as he takes in a deep breath. As he does that, he lowers his guard just for a split second but it is enough for Hongbin to pounce on him, making him drop to the ground and once he does, he straddles him, a satisfied grin on his face. 

"My victory? "He inquires, expecting Sanghyuk to admit defeat since he's literally down but the alpha laughs and Hongbin is taken by surprise when he feels a sudden pain on his thigh, which he's using to straddle the latter. 

"You wish. "Sanghyuk spat, throwing Hongbin off of him and Hongbin doesn't even fight back, too overwhelmed by the fact that he now have a dagger stuck to his thigh and there's blood everywhere. 

"I won. "Sanghyuk states, standing up and stretching his body as if he just woke up from a nap. "You were pretty great. But either way, you still need to leave. "He says and without waiting for Hongbin's response, he turns his back against him and was about to walk out of the room when a sharp pain on his leg make him drop to his knees. 

Looking down, he sees his own dagger, which he used to stab Hongbin, now stuck in his own lee and there, half sprawled on the floor, Hongbin grins. 

"You--"

Hongbin doesn't wait for Sanghyuk to finish his words before he once again grabs the hilt of the dagger stuck in the alpha's leg and restab it on his other leg, making him fall face down on the floor, bleeding profusely from both legs. 

Hongbin laughs at the stricken expression on Sanghyuk's face. 

"I can kill you too, you know? "