Beta

Packless

Hongbin and Hakyeon ends up in the kitchen of the  house, sitting by the island with cups of coffee in their hands. It's weird but somehow it feels very familiar to Hongbin, like this is where he's supposed to be. 

"So you're packless? "Hakyeon demands once they've taken a sip of their drinks and Hongbin doesn't hesitate to nod. "Did something happened? To your pack? "He asks carefully. 

This time, Hongbin shakes his head. "I never have one to begin with . I've always been alone. "He admits and Hakyeon gives him both a surprised and a pity look. 

"It must've been hard on you, to try and figure things out all by yourself. "He says and Hongbin huffs . 

"You just get used to it, I guess. "

"So are you planning to just live in solitary? Is that why you're here? "Hakyeon wonders but Hongbin immediately denies it. 

"Quite the opposite, actually. I'm on a trip to find a pack that would accept an average beta like me. "He tells Hakyeon who lets out a sound of understanding. "But so far I've got no luck. "

They eventually talks about other things until very late at night  where Hakyeon offers Hongbin to stay the night and Hongbin, too tired to even think about looking for a hotel to stay at, accepts the offer happily. 

 

 

Hongbin has stayed in one of the house's guest room that night and he really didn't know what to expect when he wakes up but he certainly didnt expect to be greeted by someone staring down at him as he slept. 

He almost yelled when he opened his eyes to see a foreign looking man with mint coloured hair peering curiously at him but he manages to stop himself from letting any sound out, instead, he just stares at the main with wide, watchful eyes, not knowing what the man wants from him. 

"Good morning, I'm Jaehwan. "The man, Jaehwan, greets him cheerfully and realising that this Jaehwan have no intention of attacking him like Hyuk did last night, he introduces himself as well. 

"I'm Hongbin. "He says, voice still hoarse from sleep. 

Jaehwan grins at him. "I know. "He said. "When they told me that Hakyeon brought a beta home I was really excited. Sorry if I disturbed your sleep. "He apologised but Hongbin quickly shakes his head. "Since you're awake you might as well have breakfast with me. Wash up and go downstairs, okay? I'll be in the kitchen. "He orders before leaving without really giving Hongbin much choice so Hongbin does exactly that. 

He washed up and went over to the kitchen where he sees Jaehwan sitting alone at the table full of food. Jaehwan grins when he walked in and gestured for him to sit down. 

"Help yourself. There's plenty to eat. "Jaehwan offers and so Hongbin sits down. 

"I heard that you're looking for a pack to join? "Jaehwan started a conversation as they eat and Hongbin nods.

"Yes,I'm. But I haven't found one that would accept me yet. "

"It'll be nice if you can join us but of course, that's not my decision to make. I'm just a beta after all. "Jaehwan says. "Our pack leader is kinda very strict so I'm not sure he'll accept just anyone. But if Hakyeon likes you enough then maybe he will, for Hakyeon's sake. "He rants as he shove more food into his mouth. 

"Your pack leader, its Taekwoon, right? "Hongbin asks and Jaehwan nods. "Then Hakyeon... is he the pack's omega? He's Taekwoon's mate, isn't he? "He dared himself to question but his questions makes Jaehwan laughs . 

"Hakyeon is our pack's omega but he's not Taekwoon's mate. He's not anyone's mate, in fact. "He says, making Hongbin frown because it really doesn't make sense to him that an omega who lives with 3 alphas, isn't mated. 

"Why? "He asks but Jaehwan just shrugs. 

"He doesn't want a mate yet. "He explains and just then, Hakyeon walks into the kitchen, wearing a black pyjama that exposes some of his chest, his hair an unruly mess but he makes no move to tidy himself up as he sat down next to Jaehwan. 

"Good morning. "He greets sleepily, gratefully accepting the cup of coffee offered by Jaehwan but before Hongbin could actually greets him back, Taekwoon, Wonshik and Hyuk flocks into the kitchen, arguing about something in a hushed tone. 

"Taekwoon, would you mind? Its too early to be fighting . "Hakyeon blurts out irritatedly and as if on cue, Taekwoon lets out a deep and low growl, effectively shutting both the other alphas up and also making Jaehwan and Hongbin stiffen in their seats. An angry alpha is scary. 

Hakyeon remains unaffected as he pats the empty seat next to him in which Taekwoon is quick to occupy it. 

When the three alphas has finally settled down and help themselves with the food, Hakyeon suddenly perks up. 

"I have something to announce. "He says, catching the attention of all of them. "Hongbin is going to stay with us for the time being. "He says and Hongbin splutters, choking on the pancake he was eating. 

"What?! " He demands in disbelief because he doesn't recall talking about staying there when he talked with Hakyeon last night so he certainly never agreed to this. 

Hakyeon laughs at his shocked response. "You told me that you don't have that much of a plan during your stay here, right? So why don't stay with us until you get it all figured out? We've got plenty of space so just one more person wouldn't hurt. "He explains light heartedly but Hongbin isn't convinced by that. Not when Hyuk is staring at him like he wants to kill him. 

"I don't agree. "Hyuk says stubbornly. "He smells very suspicious, Hakyeon. And you should trust me because you yourself said that I have the most sensitive sense of smell. "

Hakyeon blinks at Hyuk. But then he looks at Taekwoon, who's still eating without paying them much attention. "Taekwoon, What do you say? "He inquires and Taekwoon finally look up at them. 

"I'm fine with him staying here for now but he needs to leave when 'that' time comes. I don't trust anyone to stay with you during that time unless it's Jaehwan. "He says flatly before casting a glance at Hongbin. "No offence, okay? "

"I don't... I don't plan on staying here. "Hongbin declines, giving Hakyeon an exasperated look. "Hakyeon, I'm not staying. "He decides but Hakyeon just straight up pouts at his refusal. 

"But why? "The omega whines. "I just want a friend, why won't you be my friend? "he demands sulkingly, making Hongbin feels guilty. 

"I don't mind being your friend . "He corrects. "I just don't--"

"Then it's settled. You're going to stay with us . "Hakyeon refuses to listen to Hongbin's excuse as he gives the final word. 

When Hongbin tries to refuse once more, Hakyeon gives him a smile that is so sweet it makes Hongbin's mind go blank. 

"O-okay. "He mutters unconsciously but then again, he doesn't know what he's getting himself into.