Hongbin

Packless

All his life, Hongbin has been packless. He was a lone beta, he always has been. He never knew what it feels like to have people he can depend on, people that he can look up to. He has always been by himself until one day, he decides that he has had enough of his lonely life. 

He wants to be accepted into a pack. He wants to have a family to call his own. 

And so, he sets off to a journey for a pack that would accept a lone beta like him. 

 

 

It has been months and Hongbin has been to a lot of places but he was yet to find a pack that would accept him. Mainly because he have nothing special that would be valuable to them. 

He's strong, yes. He's capable of fighting for his pack, that's for sure. But when one of those pack leaders he met asked him whether he can be loyal to them, he hesitated in giving an answer. 

He knows what loyal is but he doesn't know if he's capable of being loyal, not when he have no one to be loyal to. 

And so he was rejected. Again and again and again that it made him wonder if he really was destined to be alone. He wondered if he'll live the rest of his life by himself and those thoughts bothered him. 

 

 

It's his 8th month of journey when Hongbin found himself at a place that's not much different from the hometown he grew in. It made him feels somewhat nostalgic as he walked through the streets of the somehow familiar town and distraught as he was, he bumped into someone in his moment of clumsiness, causing that person, who's smaller than him, to just drop on the ground, a scowl on his face. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't notice you! "Hongbin apologised immediately, offering his hand to the person to help him stand back up in which his help is thankfully accepted. 

"You really should pay attention to where you're going. "The person, who under the streetlight, Hongbin realises have tanned skin and dark brown hair, scolded him and Hongbin grins sheepishly. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. "He apologised once more and the person opens his mouth to say something but before he could, another voice comes from behind him, startling both of them. 

"Hakyeon! Don't run away like that! Taekwoon's so gonna kill me if something happens to you! "A man with a body that is obviously well built and a purple hair appear from behind the person that Hongbin now recognise as Hakyeon . 

"I'm not running away. "Hakyeon says with a slight pout and the purple haired man gave him a dirty look before finally noticing Hongbin's presence. 

"Who's this? "He asks curiously, eyeing Hongbin up and down as if trying to decide whether he's a threat or not. 

"I don't--"

"I'm Hongbin. "He doesn't really know what he's doing but Hongbin realise that if he can't get himself a pack he might as well just make friends with whomever it is that he met. Which is why he's greeting the purple haired man with a smile that is too wide and an outstretched hand. 

"Wonshik. "The purple haired man, Wonshik , accepted Hongbin's handshake but there's still a hint of uncertainty in his voice. "Are you new here? I've never seen you before. "He asks and Hongbin nods. 

"Yes, I'm new here. I'm just going to stay for a few days. "He explains but then he notice the judging look Hakyeon is giving him. "And I'm sorry I bumped into your friend . I wasn't really being alert. "He rants and Hakyeon huffs. 

To his surprise, Wonshik laughs. "Well, it's easy to run into someone as small as him, isn't it? "He mocks teasingly only to get smacked on the chest by a now fairly angry looking Hakyeon. 

"No, no! I don't mean it like that! "Hongbin denies panickedly because well, he have absolutely no intention of offending anyone .

Hakyeon chuckles at that. "I like you. "He says bluntly. "Do you want to come over for some coffee? "He invites only to be given a death stare by Wonshik and a stare of disbelief by Hongbin himself but Hakyeon pays those no mind as he links his arm with Hongbin's and drags him all the way off. 

 

 

Hongbin allows himself to be dragged around until they finally reaches a home, or more like a mansion, by a hill and once they're there, Hakyeon finally lets him go. 

"Welcome to our home! "he says cheerfully as he pushes open the heavy wooden door, stepping inside himself before gesturing Hongbin to come inside as well. 

However, Hongbin has barely set foot into  the house when someone, or something, barrels against him until he hit a wall before pinning him. 

"Who are you?! "A dark blue haired man with a youthful face demands as he snarls at Hongbin, pushing him even harder against the wall when Hongbin tries to push him away.

"Hyuk, that's not the way to treat a guest. "Hakyeon scolds the blue haired man, Hyuk, and pulls him off of Hongbin by grabbing the base of his neck.

Hyuk grudgingly let go of Hongbin but he still gives him a wary look, as if expecting him to just suddenly attack someone. 

Hakyeon shakes his head as he pat Hyuk's back. "Calm down, he's a nice person. "He assures and Hongbin takes that as a cue to introduce himself. 

"Um... I'm Hongbin. "He says in a timid voice, stretching out his hand for a handshake but Hyuk doesn't accept it, unlike Wonshik earlier. Instead, Hyuk's eyes gazes towards Hongbin's neck which is now exposed thanks to his sudden attack. 

"You're packless. "he points out since it's obvious that Hongbin has no pack mark of any sort on either side of his neck. 

"Ah, yes... "Hongbin unconsciously rubs his neck, uncomfortable when not just Hyuk but also Hakyeon and Wonshik, stare at his neck. 

"What happened to your pack? "Hakyeon asks carefully, as if he's expecting Hongbin to tell him that his pack died or something but that really isn't the case. Not when Hongbin never even have a pack to begin with. 

"I don't have--"Hongbin's words get cut off by another voice echoing in the large space of the hallway and he turns around to see a tall, broad shouldered man walking down the stairs with a worried expression on his face. 

"Hakyeon, where were you? "The man asks, hurriedly approaching Hakyeon and being completely oblivious of Hongbin's presence. 

"Nowhere, just getting some fresh air. "Hakyeon says before moving away slightly so that the man can see Hongbin. "Taekwoon, this is Hongbin. I met him just now and he's really nice. "He says and the man, Taekwoon, finally acknowledges Hongbin eventhough he merely look at him with a blank face. 

"How do you know that someone is nice when you just met him? "Taekwoon asks silently but Hakyeon just shrugs. 

"My hearts tell me so. "He says simply, as if that makes sense and Taekwoon sighs. 

"Hongbin, is it? "He finally addresses Hongbin who quickly nods. Hongbin doesn't know why but there's just something about Taekwoon that makes him feel fear. Is it perhaps because this Taekwoon is an alpha? Or is because of his intimidating look? 

"I'm Taekwoon, this pack's alpha."Taekwoon introduces himself and it makes sense for Hongbin. "Wonshik and Hyuk are alphas too but well, you get the idea. "He says and Hongbin's eyes trails towards the bite mark on both Wonshik and Hyuk's neck; Taekwoon totally has claimed them as his pack. His eyes travels to Hakyeon's neck as well but he can't really see anything since Hakyeon is wearing a scarf. 

"Since I'm pretty sure it was Hakyeon that dragged you here, I'll welcome you. Please make yourself comfortable. "Taekwoon says, much to Hongbin's surprise and Hyuk's displeasure. 

"You can't do that! We don't even know him! "Hyuk protests but Taekwoon ignores him as he pulls both Hyuk and Wonshik with him. "Come on,we need to pack up. "

Hakyeon finally turns to Hongbin once more when the three of them disappears up the stairs and he smiles at him. 

"I promised you coffee, didn't I? "