Pack

Packless

Hongbin is sitting alone in the living room of the mansion now. Taekwoon and Hyuk has disappeared after dinner, still arguing about something that Hongbin hope isn't him. Jaehwan disappears too, saying that he have something he needs to settle while Hakyeon excuses himself to take a shower, promising that he'll take Hongbin for a tour around the house when he's done. 

And so Hongbin sat there, thinking if he's made the right decision when Wonshik appears out of nowhere, sitting in front of him. 

"Hey. "The alpha says, snapping Hongbin out of his thoughts. 

"Y-yes? "

"Since you're going to stay here for the time being I figured I should tell you a few things. "Wonshik says and Hongbin nods. "Okay, firstly, I apologize for Hyuk's attitude. He's not a bad person, I swear. He's just very protective of our pack, of Hakyeon especially. "

"Why? "Hongbin found himself asking. 

Wonshik shrugs. "He owes Hakyeon his life, that's what he always said but if you want to know more, ask him, or Hakyeon. I have no right to talk about it. "

Hongbin nods, deciding that he's not going to pry about it in case it's sensitive matter. 

"As for Taekwoon, he's strict at times but most of the time, he's pretty chill. Just... don't push his buttons or you'll die for sure. "Wonshik warns making Hongbin frown. 

"How do I know what I can or can't do? "He demands. 

"That's easy. "Wonshik assures. "The most important thing is you don't hurt Hakyeon. Second, you don't make Hakyeon or him feel threatened. Third, well... just gives him the respect that he deserves. "

That sounds easy enough so Hongbin nods confidently, he thinks he can do it. "What about you? Anything I should keep in mind? "

Wonshik hums before shaking his head. "I'm okay with pretty much everything. "he says but then his expression turns hard. "Just don't hit on Jaehwan. He's mine. "

"Oh. "That was the only thing Hongbin could say because it's quite unexpected for him. 

Wonshik laughs. "That's all there is, I guess. We're a pretty chill pack so I'll hope you'll be comfortable during your stay here. "He says in a welcome and Hongbin manages to crack a smile. 

"Thanks. "

 

 

Hakyeon brought Hongbin in a tour around the house, just like he promised. And Hongbin found that the house is too big to be lived by just 5 people but he doesn't question it. 

He was curiously gazing around in one of the house's library when he notice a pair of eyes watching his every move from the corner of the room. He was taken aback for a while but then he realised that the pair of eyes actually belong to Taekwoon so he slightly relaxed. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to preach on you. "He apologised immediately but Taekwoon merely blink at him. "I'll... leave right away. "He says, afraid that he may be offending the alpha. 

"I think I know you. "Taekwoon suddenly blurts out just as Hongbin is about to leave. 

Hongbin turn to look at him questioningly. "You do? But I don't remember--"

"The Lee pack from Eastern North had their first baby. "Taekwoon says flatly. "They were disappointed that the baby was a beta so he couldn't be the pack's heir. But they raised him nonetheless. "He starts. "The baby was 4 when the pack's alpha and his omega were killed by another pack. The rest of the pack members who survived abandoned the pack and so little beta was left alone. "He trails off, staring right at Hongbin's face for a reaction. 

Hongbin frowns. "I don't get it. "He admits honestly. 

Taekwoon gestured Hongbin to approach him and the beta does just that. He cautiously step closer to Taekwoon, who then grabbed his arm and pulled the sleeve of his shirt all the way up, revealing a scar in the shape of of a teeth mark on his upper arm. 

Taekwoon chuckles. "Like I thought, you're the little beta, Hongbin. "He muses, trailing his finger across the scar with a smile that's somewhat mysterious. 

Hongbin merely stare at him, not quite understanding what he's talking about. "How do you know all that? "He finally asks. "Did you knew my pack? Did I really have a pack back then? "He wonders. 

Taekwoon nods. "You had a pack. "He confirms. "But after I killed your parents, the rest of the pack dispersed. No pack could function without their alpha. "

Hongbin eyes grew wide as he wonders if he heard right. "You what? "He asks in a whisper, snatching his arm away from Taekwoon before backing away. 

"I killed your parents. "Taekwoon repeats himself calmly, holding Hongbin's gaze as if wanting him to fully understand what he meant. 

"Why did you--"Hongbin demands, his voice rising in both anger and shock at the new information but Taekwoon didn't manage to give him an answer when an excited Hakyeon appears before them.

"Hongbin! There you are! Come on, we still have to look at--"

Hongbin doesn't wait for Hakyeon to finish as he roughly push past him to storm off the room, leaving Hakyeon shocked and hanging. 

"What's... wrong? "