Gang

Packless

Hongbin sat on the bed in a hotel he just checked into. He stared off into space, trying to process all the unexpected info that he just learnt.

He has started his journey with the sole purpose of finding a pack and a life companion but instead of getting those, he has learnt the reason why he has been packless all these time instead. He wasn't abandoned as a child like he thought he was. Someone killed his parents and made him lost his pack.

Someone thought it's fair to reap a child off of his deserved family. 

And now he knew who  that someone is. 

Taekwoon. 

He was so deep in anger that he didn't realise he's shaking and he only snapped out of it when there's a knock on his door, followed by a soft, concerned calling of his name by a voice that he now recognise as Hakyeon's. 

"Hongbin? Are you in there? Can we talk? "

Hongbin scowl, turning his face away as he ignored him. 

"Taekwoon told me what happened. Please let him explain why he did what he did. "Hakyeon pleads and Hongbin fights back a growl at being reminded of that. 

"He ing killed my parents and made me packless! What is there to explain?! "he snaps and he hears a sigh from another voice; Sanghyuk's. 

"Come on, Hakyeon. Just leave him be. I didn't track him all the way here just to get yelled at. "He complains but Hakyeon isn't giving up. 

"Hongbin, please. I know it's my fault that I forced you to come home with me and stay with us but please, give me a chance. I didn't know this would happen. "Hakyeon pleads. 

Hongbin huffs. He didn't know why but he's soft for Hakyeon, maybe because Hakyeon was just innocent. Perhaps Hakyeon didn't even know that his pack alpha was a killer, or maybe still is. Perhaps Hakyeon was just as shocked as he was. 

"Will he give me an explanation? For why he did what he did? "he demands and Hakyeon is quick to assure him. 

"Yes! Yes, he will! "Hakyeon says desperately and Hongbin decides that he'll just give it a listen. And maybe, just maybe, if Taekwoon's reason is good enough, he'll not seek revenge on him. But if his reason isn't, then he'll just make sure Taekwoon suffers in all way possible. 

He may not be as strong as an alpha but years of living alone has toughen him up and if he can't fight him physically, he can be sly and subtle too. 

 

 

"I was in a gang. And my leader wanted the territory your pack owned. So I was ordered to get rid of your pack. "That was what Taekwoon told him when they've sat down in the living room of the mansion, Taekwoon and Hongbin sitting opposite each other with Hakyeon standing anxiously by their side. Sanghyuk is just there beside the omega but he looks plain disinterested in the thing going on. 

"Just following orders, then? "Hongbin asks, his voice dripping in sarcasm but Taekwoon doesn't flinch. Heck, he doesn't even look guilty and he's just telling Hongbin all these with a stoic face. "Does that justify your action? Does that--"

"I killed the alpha. And his mate. And I was supposed to kill you too. But I didn't. Because you were just a child. "

"Is that supposed to make me feel thankful?! "Hongbin roars, irritated that Taekwoon is so emotionless. 

"No. "Taekwoon denies. "I'm saying that I didn't kill you. I just gave you that mark on your arm. The rest of your pack members could've taken you with them and raised you the way they should raise the heir of their pack's alpha. But they didnt, I suppose. They all abandoned you and left you packless. "

That new fact saddened Hongbin but he doesn't let it show. "It doesn't matter what they did. What matters is you killed my parents and you're the reason I'm all alone right now. "He points out bravely, looking straight into Taekwoon's cold eyes. 

"I'm sorry then. "Taekwoon says instantly but everyone could tell there's no sincerity in it. 

"Your sorry couldn't give me back what I've been missing. "Hongbin points out. 

"What do you want me to do then? I can't bring your parents back to life. I can't find the rest of your pack either. So what? "

"Give me a pack. "Hongbin demands and Taekwoon huffs. 

"I can't do that. I can't force a pack to take you in, even when they're in my territory. "he reminds and Hongbin rolls his eyes. 

"I mean this pack. Take me in your pack. "He explains and finally, Taekwoon's face shows a slight hint of uncertainty. 

"You can't! "Before Taekwoon could even say anything, Sanghyuk beats him to it. "I don't even trust him enough to stay under the same roof as us not to mention accept him as one of us. "

Hongbin glares at him. "Its not your decision to make. "He spats. "Taekwoon reap my pack away from me so it's only fair that he gave me one. Only then I will accept his apology. "

Taekwoon, for once, seems torned. He stares at Hongbin, then at Hakyeon, as if asking what he should do but Hakyeon refuse to meet his eyes and there's uncertainty on his face too. 

"Fine. "Taekwoon says finally before standing up and walking over to Hongbin. "I'll take you in and I hope you can forgive me. "He mutters, placing one hand on the base of Hongbin's shoulder and the other on his head and without so much as a warning, he bites him, marking him as another member of the pack. 

Hongbin screams, unprepared of the pain that comes with the marking and even more unprepared of the pain that leaves him convulsing when Taekwoon finally pulls away. 

Taekwoon's mouth is bloody and so is Hongbin's neck but one thing is for sure, he's now part of the pack. 

And Taekwoon's reason for killing his parents wasn't a good one. 

Which means, he's getting his revenge. Regardless of the fact that Taekwoon is now his alpha .