Chapter 3

Beautiful Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone turned to the direction of the voice.

 

"You want to claim him, Lord Kim?" The king asked. He seemed to be as surprised as all the attendants.

"I would, this seemed like a fun idea but the challengers were all too dull, now this man here has a glow to him, he will be my challenger." Lord Kim walked over to Jungkook and began to inspect him. He looked up at him and gave him a smile.

"Alright then, Lord Kim's challenger will be Byul Jungkook."  The Captain led Jungkook to an exit on the left side of the hall.

"What is this about?" He asked the captain again. He gave no reply.

As the door closed he heard the king speak. "Let's begin right away."

 

They turned right at the end of the hall and passed several rooms. They finally stopped and the Captain opened the door.

 

"Lord Kim will be here shortly." The Captain said as he turned his back to Jungkook.

"Are you really not going to tell me what this is about?" The Captain ignored him once again and closed the door. The sound of the lock followed shortly.

 

He let out a sigh and examined the room. It was quite small, it had a small sofa, a chair and another door opposite of the one they came in through.

What was the room for?

The lock on the door rattled and the door opened.

Lord Kim stepped inside.

 

"My apologies for not properly introducing myself earlier. I am Lord Kim, the King’s right-hand man." He bowed slightly.

"Nice to meet you, Lord Kim. I am Byul Jungkook son of a wealthy merchant in Beinglav." Jungkook bowed.

"You are probably wondering what is going on aren't you. If you hadn't been late you would have known." Lord Kim walked over to the couch and inspected it before taking a seat.

"I am very sorry, could you explain to me what this is about?"

"As you already know the King is looking for a new bodyguard for the prince. He had an idea yesterday to host an event to choose the next bodyguard." Jungkook nodded.

"What type of event?"

"The ones that applied and he deemed worthy will go through a series of test. They will test your strength, agility, and things of the sort. Bodyguard qualities I guess you can call them. Our job..." Lord Kim pointed at himself. "Is to further help you prepare. We will give information on the test and help you prepare for them. Simple as that."

"What do you gain from it?" Jungkook knew they weren't just participating for fun.

Lord Kim smiled. "Of course if you win, you will get to be the new bodyguard and live in the palace. If you win I, as your owner, will also get a reward. The king hasn't revealed it yet but I am sure it is something grand."

"Ok, to summarize this: I will have to beat everyone here to be able to work for the king." Seemed easy enough.

"Exactly! I will make sure you win. You have to win, Byul Jungkook." Jungkook smiled at him.

"That's what I plan on doing. Are we testing today?"

Lord Kim nodded. "Of course."

"What are they testing?"

Lord Kim stood. "I have no idea. We will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter