Chapter 2

Beautiful Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's nice to meet you too Byul Jungkook, but I do have a question. Why does the son of a wealthy merchant want to protect my brother the prince?" All eyes were fixed on Jungkook, anticipating his response to the king’s question.

"I was asked that same question by my father. He asked me why you want to work at the palace when you have all that you’ll ever need here. Well, the thing is I have 2 older brothers and even if I do have everything I will never inherit my father's title. I will be seen as the child who was spoiled and lived off his father wealth and later on his brothers’. I was trained by the Great Shinpu himself and I thought I could use my skills and the knowledge I acquired to protect the Prince and be seen as someone other than a spoiled brat." The King nodded his head.

"You say you were trained by the Great Shinpu himself?' Jungkook gave the king a smile.

"Yes, my father saw me sparing with one of my brothers and he was amazed of how skilled I was and decided to send me to Balga Island two years ago. I went there and trained with the others but one day the Great Shinpu saw my talent and decided to train me himself."

“You are quite an interesting one, let’s see how talented you are.” The king turned to the captain of the guards and gave him a nod.

The captain of the guards walked over to Jungkook and seethed his sword.

“Dodge all of the captain’s blows.” Immediately the captain of the guards began to attack. Jungkook was surprised at his speed. For a small guy, he was pretty quick.

He easily dodged the captain’s attacks. The captain stepped back and put away his sword, he nodded at the king and took his place next to the King's throne.

“Quite impressive, you are very quick in dodging my captain's attacks.” The king nodded. One of the guards handed Jungkook a sword. The prince’s guard walked over to Jungkook and began to attack. He blocked the first attack then the second. He had quite an impressive strength.

“Enough!” The king shouted. He and the prince’s guard stopped. “I have seen enough. I can see that you have talent.” The king kept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter