[Vmin] Wild Lilac / The One With Multiple Parts pt. 2

Coffee Mugs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There's no such thing."

Taehyeon swallowed from inside the bathroom stall she was too afraid to exit when she heard Jimin's voice.

Jimin... had an eating disorder. Had recovered from it, but was falling back into it... or something.

Taehyeon waited until she heard the two footsteps leading out of the bathroom when the conversation, which Taehyeon had zoned out of, finished. She stepped out of the stall and met her own eyes in the mirror, which were set in determination.

 

"Hi Jiminie!"

Jimin paused in the middle of walking to her desk. She took a breath to calm herself before walking over to Taehyeon.

"Don't yell my name so loud in class," she hissed before slipping in her chair.

Taehyeon actually looked guilty. "Oh, okay, I'll only do it at lunch."

Jimin tried not to groan externally. "Don't do it at lunch, either. Why would you talk to me at lunch, anyway?" As soon as the question was asked, Jimin both knew and tried to ignore the obvious answer.

"Because I'll be sitting with you!" Taehyeon showcased a rectangular smile which only made Jimin even more frustrated.

"You don't... have to do that."

"It's okay, I want to!"

"What will you friends think?"

"Hm? Why would they care?"

"Won't they miss you if you don't eat lunch with them?"

"Oh, I don't really eat lunch in one place every day. I move around to different tables because all my friends sit in different areas. It'll be nice to stay still for a while, though! Maybe I could also spend this time helping Hyoseo with math. But I also want to talk to you... Does Hyoseo always sit there? I wonder if there are other people who can also help her out."

Jimin stared at Taehyeon. The class had quieted down for the teacher, and she still had not stopped talking. Probably ten seconds of just Taehyeon talking had passed. Jimin was curious how long she could go.

"It's also kind of surprising, her and Yoongi. I mean-"

Jimin tapped Taehyeon's arm. Too far.

"Oh!" Taehyeon said. "Sorry, teacher." She smiled sheepishly, which seemed to erase any agitation from the teacher, who just shook his head and began class. Jimin bristled.

In the last fifteen minutes of class, the students were given time to work on their group projects.

"I'm thinking we should do a poster. What do you think, Sooyeon?" asked Taehyeon.

Sooyeon murmured something that could've been "No", "Yes", or "I'd like to move to Mars".

"Okay," Taehyeon said. Jimin gave her a incredulous look, which went unnoticed. "What about you, Jiminie?"

Jimin shrugged. "I don't care."

Taehyeon clapped her hands. "Okay! So we'll work on it today and tomorrow in class and then at someone's house over the weekend."

Sooyeon murmured again.

"Oh, that's okay. So it's either your house or mine, Jimin. What would you prefer?"

Jimin felt uncomfortable with Taehyeon's overflowing friendliness, which was ironic to say the least. "We can go to my house," she offered out of habit.

During the two days in class, the trio outlined the content on their poster and started the colorful background design Taehyeon insisted on. They were surprisingly efficient, although Taehyeon tended to get carried away talking and Jimin tended to zone out due to disinterest. Jimin noticed Taehyeon seemed to assume they were friends. She didn't catch any of the signs Jimin tried to send to communicate "back off" and she'd started to get touchy, too. Jimin was normally fine with physical contact, but when it came from Taehyeon, she was quick to become disgusted.

At lunch, Jimin didn't have as much trouble as she anticipated, but it was a bittersweet thing. On one hand, Jimin wasn't constantly pestered by Taehyeon, and on the other hand, everyone she sat with was enamoured with the girl. Jungkook and Yoongi would listen to her tell pointless tales for half an hour, and Hyoseo would sometimes join in the telling. Yoongi and Jungkook were fine, Jimin never felt too close to them. And Hyoseo still kept Jimin active in conversations and checked up on her when she was alone. But Jimin always felt the sensation of a small knife in her back when Taehyeon got Hyoseo to laugh or Hyoseo didn't hear Jimin calling while she was busy with Taehyeon. Jimin had learned, though, not to bring up her dislike of Taehyeon.

On the weekend when she opened the door, Jimin saw the poster before she saw Taehyeon (it was big and covered the girl's torso and most of her thighs). Sooyeon arrived not too long after, and the three girls slaved away for two hours, sketching, writing, and coloring the poster. Sooyeon had to leave for a flute class, apologizing profusely since they hadn't finished.

"It's fine, don't worry! We can finish it," Taehyeon said. "Go, it's okay." Sooyeon apologized and bowed again before leaving.

There was about half an hour of work to do left and Jimin and Taehyeon settled back down on the floor of Jimin's room. Taehyeon didn't try to start any conversations, or even start rambling to herself like expected. The only sounds were markers rolling on the floor and the occasional, "Can you hand me that?" When there was only ten or so minutes left of work, Jimin's mother came in to invite Taehyeon to eat dinner with the family.

"Sure!" Taehyeon replied, beaming. "Thank you!"

So the two girls went out to join Jimin's family. To be expected, Taehyeon sat next to Jimin, but to her delight, Taehyeon didn't try to hard to talk to her. Instead, Jimin's pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter