[Junghope] English Rose / The One With Jungkook's Pride

Coffee Mugs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Original idea: Help is for losers who can't do it themselves.

Disclaimer: This one takes place in the States because I felt like it.

 

"Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Jungsook flopped face down on to her bed.

"Math again?" asked Taehyeon from her upper bunk.

"Idon'tvuckingunderfandwhyweneeddolearnthis," she whined, voice muffled by the blanket.

"Because it's gonna help you look less like an idiot when you grow up. Don't wanna repeat of last Halloween." Jungsook could hear her sister's smirk. She shot up.

"Excuse me, I was wasted!! And who knows three times seven off the top of their head anyway?"

"Uh. Most people."

Jungsook flipped Taehyeon off via the mirror on the wall.

"Maybe you should get a tutor, Sook. I mean I know you're prideful and all-"

"Uh no. Not gonna happen. Nope."

"Why? Literally everyone has tutors. And it's not like all of them cost money either."

"Well I can figure it out on my own so yeah. Thanks except no thanks at all."

Taehyeon rolled her eyes.

 

"You lack emotion."

Jungsook tugged at her bottom lip between her teeth, nodding gravely.

"There's no energy. It's like you're performing at a funeral or something."

She kept nodding, pursing her lips and straining to retain eye contact.

"Honestly, I had really high hopes for you since everyone says you're so great. You're really not."

"I think she gets it," the girl standing on Jungsook's side said.

out, Jungsook screamed at her internally. The dance coach seemed to be thinking the same thing, sending a glare the other girl's way.

"Just because you don't totally doesn't give you permission to speak to me that way."

"I don't think it's fair how harsh you're being," the dancer retorted. "You made your point. We don't need to linger on it."

The instructor didn't say anything, looking at the girl, Hyoseo, fiercely and grinding his teeth for an eternity of three seconds before snapping back into his commanding state and starting the choreography over again.

There had been, of course, rumors of how brash the instructor of this class could be. But he was really, really good and Jungsook couldn't just quit. Still, it was extremely disheartening when she was the only one in the class being called out, week after week. And every day that she didn't have class, she would practice, over and over until Taehyeon asked her to buy food for her or her legs felt like lead. Her grades were suffering, too.

But the widely acclaimed Park Seokhyun didn't seem to notice how hard Jungsook was trying.

Finally, they took another five minute break. Jungsook saw Hyoseo try to approach her, so she pretended not to notice and quickly crossed the room. Thankfully, the older dancer didn't follow.

 

"How did I, the best twin in the world, get stuck with a loser like you?"

Jungsook rolled her eyes. "I freaking tried, okay? Dance is taking up all my time, I don't have any to study for math."

"You haven't been studying, but you tried?"

"I mean, I did study, but I sacrificed a lot of sleep and just - my life is a mess, okay, Tae!? Can you leave me alone?"

"Woah," the other said. "It's okay, you're not dumb. That's not... what I meant. I really think you should get someone to help you out. Actually, I have this friend who might be able to help you with both dance and math! And you might get some sleep in, too. How does that sound?"

Jungsook felt her pride and resolve crumble as she eyed the red inked 43%.  "Okay. Fine."

 

Taehyeonnie 7:57 pm

she should be there by eight

Me 7:58 pm

i don't see her!!!!!

Taehyeonnie 7:58 pm

chillll

Taehyeonnie 7:58 pm

she's probably on her way

Taehyeonnie 7:58 pm

she's always on time

Me 7:59 pm

yeah well i doubt that so

Taehyeonnie 8:00 pm

is she there

Me 8:00 pm

shut up

 

Jungsook saw a girl wearing an oversized sweatshirt with the hood on and black leggings walk up to the front door. She couldn't maneuver her angle to catch the tutor's face without being seen through the window, so she just went to open the front door.

As soon as it registered who the person standing in front of her was, Jungsook's jaw dropped to the ground.

"You? Of course it's you."

"You're Taehyeon's baby sister? But you guys are so different!"

"I'm not her baby sister, we're twins," Jungsook muttered as she let Hyoseo in.

 

Taehyeonnie 10:34 pm

how was it

as bad as you thought it was?

Me 10:40 pm

no...

Taehyeonnie 10:42 pm

i TOLD you you were being ridiculous!!

Taehyeonnie 10:42 pm

hyoseo's crazy nice isn't she?

Taehyeonnie 10:43 pm

she gonna help you with dance?

Me 10:45 pm

maybe

Me 10:45 pm

she's in the same class as me anywa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter