#07

Your voice, like a spell.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's a short silence. Just a few seconds. But those two seconds seemed an eternity. And in those two seconds, Jaebum realized he was completely ed. Did he really say that? Did those words really leave his lips? His hands froze immediately, as well as the rest of his body that became stiff and he held his breath. Now that nobody was talking, he felt his own heartbeat and damn, that was noisy and if "I'm your new neighbor" sounded stupid, this.. this beat everything. It beat everything that he had ever said in his life because heck, he didn't want to ruin their friendship, he didn't want to ruin the moments they spent together since they were so precious. He should have learned how to shut his mouth because – Youngjae's smile made him come back to Earth and he finally felt like he could breathe again. His eyes looked directly into the black-haired ones and they looked so close but yet so unreachable. Barely visible because of the fringe that kept on falling on his forehead.
"Of course I am".
He broke the silence and Jaebum felt relieved. That was one of the reasons he liked that guy so much: he was able to alleviate the tension with just one smile, with one word, keeping his composure when he felt like Jaebum was in difficulty. Even during these moments in which the latter felt so damn stupid and vulnerable. It wasn't his intention to let something so serious escape his lips. He had no intention of confessing in the first place, but if he had to, he wanted it to be something special and not just a "you're beautiful" due to the heat of the moment, not in a dark and almost creepy parking lot. But obviously he couldn't hide anymore the attraction he felt for him. Like.. only an idiot wouldn't notice it. It had never happened before, he had never felt something so strong for anyone, nonetheless for someone of the same .
"Hey".
It's always the other's voice that attracted his attention and suddenly he felt a hand touching his own. Thin fingers made their way to his left hand and got intertwined with his. Finally united, their hands were brought on Youngjae's chest, still lying down on the other's thighs. Jaebum didn't understand. Or rather, he couldn't find the words to describe that thing he felt. That feeling that enveloped him and made his stomach hurt and his chest feel too tight. He brought his gaze on their fingers and decied that words weren't needed. So he kept silent, enjoying the fresh air while looking at the sky and listening to the sounds the night had brought with it. He was so embarassed and clumsy and inexperienced and that was okay because everything was perfect and nothing could have ruined that moment.

 

"Let's go".
It was almost two o'clock when Youngjae finally sat up, getting up from the other guy's legs. It was still early but since he had work the next day, he had to get some sleep. He wasn't used to waking up early but he knew he had to change his timetables in order to be more active. He hadn't expected such an evening – it wasn't his intention to talk that much of himself, and above all.. he didn't believe it was possible that the red-haired guy could say something like that, so out of the blue. He hadn't really showed it but.. he was so freaking excited when he heard it. And his heart was beating like crazy. Luckily Jaebum couldn't hear it, it would have been embarassing. Everytime he thought about it, he felt his lips relax in a smile. He had promised himself to not melt in front of the first sweet thing someone said to him but it was Jaebum. Everything he made, was making him feel like this.

Anyway, his neighbor just nodded a few times and got down from the hood, returning inside the car. His legs were kind of aching, since he had stayed in the same position for more than a hour. Obviously they hadn't passed the whole rest of the evening just looking at the sky, that would have been even worse than talking directly of what had just happened – but they didn't mention anything anymore because it was already a little weird by itself. They had sung a couple of songs and made a few jokes, they talked more of some of the things they had left unfini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter