#04

Your voice, like a spell.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Jaebum. Where the hell were you on New Year's Eve?"
A couple of days had passed by – days of maximum rest in which he had the strenght of doing nothing so he decided to catch up with his friends after a while. Yugyeom and Brian were playing videogames while Hana and the others were at the table, drinking coffee and throwing potato chips to one another. It was a freaking cold January and everyone had huge sweaters on, perhaps because the window in the living room was constantly open but Jaebum didn't want to close it. Obviously. Meanwhile the notes of Eminem's songs resonated throughout the house.
"I was with you, wasn't I? I woke up at Hana's house so--"
"No man, you weren't. You were hanging out with Jackson last time we saw you".
Jackson? Maybe there were his friends too, then?
"Are you.. sure?"
"Of course I am. You guys were having the time of your lives".
There was emptiness in his mind. Did he really spend his time with those guys? Did they really talk? Like, with his neighbor too? That was great news but really, why did he have to forget everything. He didn't even remember the other dudes' faces, who was there apart from Jackson?
"Woah, dude. Did you at least score with that blonde chick?"
"I.."
Ah, right. That blonde chick. He had left her all alone. He didn't remember much of her too. He honestly only remembered her hair and that they had danced together but that was all. Her face was a mystery and everything else too. But he actually had found a new contact on his phone so it was probably her, he had saved it with a strange name though.
"I don't think I did".
"Oh come on, she was ing hot. Did you get her number?"
And again, all of them started laughing as if Jaebum's adventures were somehow interesting or amusing. He didn't like talking about these things. He didn't like talking about himself in general or being at the center of attention. He'd rather listen to others since he had nothing to say about himself. Things began to get annoying so he just passed a hand through his hair and sighed heavily.
"Yeah, I have a .. Youngjin, I guess?"
That was a lie. He didn't have any "Youngjin" on his phone. He actually had saved the contact name as "Youngjae" but that was a dude's name so he just thought he had made a typo. He was drunk that night so that was probably it, he had just written her name wrongly. At least he hoped so or else why would a guy's name be saved on his phone? The two guys who were playing in front of the tv, stopped to look at each other and giggled silently. He looked around the room confused, crossing their eyes first and then the others' too. Jinyoung just rolled his eyes and whispered a low "kids". Yeah, they were all acting like kids. Why would they laugh like that? What was wrong with whatever he had just said? Things like this made him so freaking mad.
"What the , guys".
"You sure it's not 'Youngjae'?"
"Maybe our Jaebumie really scored – but with the wrong side".
And again, laughing and elbowing one another like little girls in middle school when their crushes passed by. But Jaebum couldn't understand them, he still didn't get what the hell they were talking about and what the hell was so funny about it. He stood there, still, with parted lips and a frown on his serious expression. He looked around the room once again to see if the others had understood what they meant and he just found other laughing faces. Nobody who supported him beside Jinyoung who just sat in silence.
"What".
He kept asking. If not the girl, who the was that Youngjae guy? Why did everyone know except for him? Who else did he meet, that night? Seriously, he was getting impatient.
"Nothing man, just have a laugh".
After a few more attempts of getting everything explained in which he failed miserably, he decided to give up and after a long sigh, he went out on the balcony. He hated when his friends acted that way – it wasn't even funny. He really needed to know, he wanted to but they acted as if everything was a joke, as if they were freaking kids. It was already dark outside and there weren't many people around, maybe bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter