#10

Your voice, like a spell.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did you tell him..?"

Jaebum was the one to break the silence, hand leaning over Youngjae's face but never touching it, too scared of hurting him. Instead, his fingers just lightly brushed it, feeling the other shiver at the slight contact.
"I.. didn't. He snooped around my phone and he saw.. that picture I took and.."
He didn't continue, there was no need to do so. Jaebum knew exactly of what picture he was talking about. Except for the night he had gotten drunk, they really didn't take many pictures because both of them were really awkward when standing in front of a camera. They didn't know how to pose, which expression to use and stuff like that so.. they didn't have many together. One of the nights Youngjae had slipped in the other's apartment, he was really tired because of his studies and they laid there, god knows what they were talking about. And Jaebum was just about to fall asleep on his lap, lulled by Youngjae's beautiful voice, when the other decided to take a picture of him, joking about how he looked ugly in that state although that was a big fat lie since Jaebum was always good-looking, didn't matter how his hair was styled or which one was the expression he wore.
"Youngjae, I--"
"It's ok. I wanted to tell him anyway. Just.. not now, not now. I needed more time, I.."
Another shiver interrupted his words and Youngjae had to stop there because he realized he was going to start crying soon and he didn't want to, not in front of Jaebum. He had never cried in front of others and he had stopped even in his own room since the neighbor had moved there because he was scared of him hearing his sobs from the thin walls. Youngjae had always wanted to tell his father, one day, but he had always been too terrified. He didn't know how he would react. But now that he had found someone who really cared about him, he wanted to tell everybody. He had found more strenght, Jaebum was that strenght. He didn't want Jaebum to be envious of the relationship Jinyoung and that other guy had nor he wanted Jaebum to think that he'd rather hide his feelings for him. That wasn't the case, not at all. He was the best thing that had ever happened to him and everybody needed to know. He made him so happy, his life had completely changed since the first day he had seen him, all awkward but still damn handsome. And everything seemed to make more sense, his life had a purpose. He had never had one, but now his only fixed thought was to stay by his side.

"I.. needed more money, I can't go back there, I can't".
He had planned to tell his father as soon as he had enough money to leave that hole, so that his old man couldn't tell him anything since he was an adult now and he could make his own choices. Jaebum wanted to tell him to go stay at his house but that would have been ridicolous, they were neighbors and obviously Youngjae had to hide for a little amount of time or maybe even completely disappear from his father's life since he didn't even deserve to be called one. Also, probably that  had recognized Jaebum too by the photo so his apartment wasn't really safe for the other. He leaned closer to him once again, this time his whole body was close to Youngjae's and their noses barely brushed, their breath tickled the other's lips and he passed a hand through those dark locks, caressing him with such tenderness the other had never seen.
"I thought.. he would.. never"
Youngjae whispered, lips visibly trembling as he couldn't contain himself anymore and tears started rolling down his cheeks. It hurt more than it did before but it was nothing compared to what he was feeling inside. He had never expected his father to react this way. As much as he knew him, he thought he could have understood him for once but he was wrong. All this time he had thought that he actually cared for him, that things weren't that bad between them but that just proved the opposite. And Youngjae had never felt so alone, he had never felt so betrayed and broken and at first he didn't even react, he just stood there as his father hit him twice already, yelling words he didn't want to remember. As if he didn't care anymore, as if he actually deserved it, he stood still, taking the hit. But then his mind went to Jaebum, it went to his friends and he pushed him away. They were what mattered the most, they were by his side and they could easily be considered his real family, he was worth it. And that was all he cared about. He had locked himself in his room and had called Mark as soon as he could, pleading him to come and pick him up as he put some clothes and whatever was important for him in a few backpacks. His father was banging loudly on the door, screaming and growling and Mark had immediately understood how urgent it was. He had contemplated about calling Jaebum but he didn't want to cause a even bigger ruckus. Also, if Jaebum had been home, he probably would have heard the yells already and would have texted him or whatever so.. he probably wasn't there, it was pointless to even try.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter