With Me

Your Laugh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

• 001

 

Standing in front of this cafe, I was dreading this day since you invited me to hangout. Not because of you but because of the reason why.

 

"You have to meet Jason! He likes geek stuff too! You'll definitely be friends." she excitedly said over the phone.

 

If only you could have seen the frown on my face that time. I want to scream that I don't want to meet him. I wanted to end that call that time.

 

"Oh so youre getting serious with him because you're gonna introduce him to me?" I said nervously, hoping that shes gonna deny it. Tell me that he was just a friend and that we could go back to hanging out just the two of us. 

 

"Well yeah. I want your approval. I promise, you will like him." she said enthusiastically

They say that when you get your heart broken, you can literally feel it. I felt it that time. I felt that everything was falling apart and that I can't breath. I was just relieved you didn't hear me cry. 

 

From that day on, I rarely texted you. I suppose I should lessen our communication because he might get jealous. On days, I just look at our phone conversations and wait for you to text me. 

 

Maybe she's texting him.

 

I can't even say his name. It's ridiculous because its not his fault why I'm like this. It's my fault for being a coward. But I just needed someone to blame and he just unluckily been the one annoyance I can see at fault.

 

The nights before the day I was supposed to meet him was spent on crying myself to sleep. Thinking about the days we spent together. Our arcade trips, midnight hangouts in convenience store, and art exhibit dates. All our memories that I really treasure. Our deep friendship which I wish could have develop to something more. I could have you in my arms right now if I just got the courage to try us. To not be afraid to gamble our friendship. No time for regrets now right?

 

When I woke up today, I realized I might just as well be happy for you. No sense on being unhappy just because I didn't have the guts to ask you out and when someone did, be a about it. I said to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter