My friend

Your Laugh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My friend

 

My friend, friend

 

I met this girl. Short haired, petite with a single dimple. Yep, a cute single dimple. We hanged out, went to the movies, celebrate holidays and see each other but always with other friends.

 

I quietly observe her when she doesn’t look at my way. I noticed all her cute mannerisms like when she really likes a joke, she will laugh loudly and smack the arm of the person next to her. Or this one where she will make paper cranes from her coffee napkins and leave it. Or my favorite where she will hold onto someone’s arm when she’s really cold.

 

So when I know that she’s feeling cold, I quietly position myself beside her. She doesn’t seem to notice, I think, because she never said anything. She just clutches my arm and we walk together.

 

We’ve come to an end

 

Months passed by and we still got this same routine. We hang out, I position myself beside her when she’s cold and walk together. We do text or call each other but those do not evolve from the simple “Where are you?” or “Wanna hang out with xxx?”

 

I painted this picture but the colors don’t blend

 

I have always been told that destiny will make things the way it is. But I got sick of waiting for something to happen, something that will trigger a change in our relationship. That’s why I decided to do a bold move. Text her.

 

“Wanna hang out?”

 

“Just the two of us?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter