It's You

The Writer

____________________________________

Sana tried her best to hide her giddiness in the van as the girl group’s managers, Nayeon and Sungjin, picked them up to transport them to the photoshoot. Sana made sure to sit next to Jeongyeon, eying her up and down when she wasn’t looking. Jeongyeon seemed very laid back and yet caring. She obviously wasn’t crushing on Mina like Momo was, but that didn’t mean Sana couldn’t work her magic. All she needed to do was get the older girl alone...

This, however, would prove to be more difficult than Sana imagined. Sana would soon learn that the members of this group did EVERYTHING together.

“You look tired,” Jeongyeon said to Nayeon, who was practically passed out in the passenger seat of the van.

The manager murmured something unintelligible in response.

“She’s not feeling well,” Sungjin answered. “Should’ve stayed home but she was too stubborn to listen to me.” He smiled slightly at that. Sana got a look at Nayeon, leaning over to the middle of the van and peering around the back of the passenger seat, pressing herself against Jeongyeon in the process. It was true, Nayeon did look pretty sickly. Her face was devoid of any makeup and her lips were incredibly pale and slightly chapped. There were dark circles under her eyes from what was probably lack of sleep.

“Poor thing,” Sana murmured. Even though she wasn’t overly fond of the manager, who she found to be slightly abrasive, she still did look like she was suffering.

When they arrived at the building, which looked like a warehouse on the outside, Sana grabbed Jeongyeon’s arm and walked with her inside. “I’m still not feeling great,” Sana mused and pouted at Jeongyeon. She hoped that she could win Jeongyeon over using Mina’s cuteness and activate Jeongyeon’s motherly nature.

That hope was very short lived. Jeongyeon patted Sana on the shoulder lightly. “You should go sit with Nayeon for now. I’ll make sure you’re the last one to get your makeup done so you can sleep a bit more. Or you can dote on Nayeon, because I know you love doing that,” Jeongyeon said. Sana simply blinked in confusion before she nodded and did as she was told, not really wanting to sit down next to the grumpy manager, but she did it anyway.

Truthfully Sana was feeling perfectly fine, but the “being sick” excuse seemed to be helpful at times. She plopped down on a couch next to Nayeon, who was passed out already—mouth open in an unflattering way. Why would Mina like doting on her of all people?

When Sana sat down, Nayeon stirred slightly. She opened one eye and looked in annoyance at Sana, who had briefly disturbed her rest. “Hmph,” she mumbled and closed her eye once again.

“Why would you come if you were just gonna sleep the whole time anyway?” Sana said to the older girl. “You should’ve stayed home and rested.” It was said under Sana’s breath but Nayeon still heard it somehow.

“I have a job to do,” Nayeon replied in a quiet and strained voice. Then she coughed and adjusted her position on the couch. “It’s important.”

“Well, you look like death.” Sana shifted away from the girl slightly, as if she was scared of catching whatever sickness Nayeon had.

“Thanks.” Nayeon let herself fall into a light sleep, and was instantly consumed by strangely detailed dreams.

While Sana waited for her turn for hair and makeup, she found herself beginning to fall asleep as well. She wasn’t used to being up this early, even if Mina was. She let her head rest against the back of the couch and she began to drift until she heard a small voice beside her.

“Jennie,” Nayeon mused. Sana opened her eyes and tilted her head curiously, staring at the older girl in interest. “Jennie…” It was funny to see Nayeon talking in her sleep. Sana recognized the name to be the dance instructor from yesterday.

“She’s not here,” Sana replied in amusement. To Sana’s surprise, Nayeon reached out her hand and lightly touched Sana’s face. Sana flinched at the unexpected show of affection. “What…?” Nayeon’s eyes were half opened, staring at her under thick eyelashes. Sana put her own hand against Nayeon’s forehead. “Oh my god...you’re seriously burning up. You really are sick, huh?”

Nayeon sat up quickly and suddenly pressed her lips against Sana’s. Sana’s eyes widened in alarm, but then she felt a jolt light up her entire body. It was pleasant and warm, causing Sana to hunger for more.

Nayeon dropped back onto the couch and closed her eyes. Meanwhile, Sana sat up as straight as a board with open. She looked around frantically to see if anyone else was around to see what had just happened. To her relief, no one was paying any attention to them. “It’s...you,” she gasped, looking back at Nayeon in shock. “You’re the one with positive energy.”

Some random groans and moans escaped Nayeon’s mouth as she turned so that half of her face was pressed against the couch.

“This changes everything…” Sana exclaimed. “I finally found the person I’ve been looking for all these years!” Sana jumped up onto the couch and began bouncing up and down while laughing in delight.

Nayeon moaned loudly as she was beginning to shake with every jump, so Sana eventually came to her senses and stopped. “But wait…” she said while continuing to stand on the couch. “Mina’s going to be no help getting you! Not when you’re her manager!”

Nayeon moaned again and Sana fell back down into a sitting position on the couch while crossing her arms and pouting.

Sana shut her eyes tightly and growled as she tried to eject herself from Mina’s body. It was no use though, it was as if someone had cemented her inside. “C’mon! This isn’t fair! I finally find the person who can help me cross over and I get stuck in someone that can never have her?!?” Sana groaned and placed her hands over her face. Nayeon snored slightly and began to lean to her left, sliding along the couch until her head slumped against Sana’s shoulder. Sana gazed down at the girl dejectedly, staring at her face, which was peaceful in sleep.

Sana took a moment to really look at the older girl, without the bias of her annoyance from yesterday during their first encounter. She was very pretty...and her bunny teeth were actually adorable. “This is just dandy,” Sana said sarcastically. “The universe officially hates me. Was killing me not enough?”

“Mina, you ready?” someone called. “You’re up next!” It was Dahyun, bounding over from the other room where most of the girls were being outfitted for the shoot. She looked quite pretty, outfitted in a white and pink skirt and crop top combo. When she saw Nayeon leaning against Sana, Dahyun broke into a smile. “Awwwww, so cute. I should take a picture.” Dahyun pulled out her phone and quickly snapped one.

Sana stealthily lifted Nayeon’s head off her shoulder and set her back down so that the girl was sprawled across the entire length of the couch. “Coming!” Sana practically leaped away from Nayeon toward the room she’d seen everyone enter. She was excited to get outfitted for her first photoshoot. Since she was still stuck being Mina, she might as well enjoy it.

Sitting in a chair next to Tzuyu, who was still having her make-up done, Sana was beaming and swinging her legs back and forth. For some reason, Sana couldn’t help but feel like she’d done this before. It was a deja-vu moment, but when she tried to think about any specific memory or instance from her past, her mind drew a blank. Jihyo had mentioned Sana didn’t remember anything because she must have died in a violent and traumatic way. Every ghost that was murdered or taken before their time was blessed with forgetting their past. But if you asked Sana, it was more like a curse than a blessing.

“You’re in a good mood today,” Tzuyu said, staring at Sana with an eyebrow raised.

“This is exciting,” Sana replied. She was excited about the photoshoot, yes, but she was still a bit giddy after learning that Nayeon had positive energy too. If she was stuck as Mina she’d have to really increase her charms to woo Nayeon, but it’d surely be difficult because a manager sleeping with her member was very taboo. It could even put Nayeon’s job at risk….

Sana would just have to make it worth the risk for Nayeon. She was up for the challenge! And in the meantime Sana would keep trying to leave Mina’s body every chance she got. Surely there was someone else in Nayeon’s life that stood a better chance of getting with her. Like this Jennie girl...Nayeon surely had a crush on her.

“It’s just a photoshoot,” Tzuyu murmured.

“It’s more fun to treat every experience like it’s brand new, like you’re experiencing it for the first time.” Sana leaned back against her chair and smiled to herself. “You never know when it’ll be your last time doing something, so you should live your life to the fullest!”

Tzuyu continued to stare but didn’t say anything. From across the room, Sana could sense another pair of eyes on her. Sana turned to find Momo looking at her, but the girl immediately looked away when their eyes met.

“So what is this photoshoot for, anyway?” Sana asked.

“A magazine spread,” Tzuyu answered. She looked in Sana’s direction with a strange expression on her face, with her lips slightly parted. Mina normally knew all these things...she was really acting so strange lately. Too strange.

Once the make-up artists finished their work on Sana, they let her get changed into an outfit, which looked similar to the one Dahyun was wearing but was two different shades of blue. Sana examined herself in the mirror and nodded in satisfaction. Mina was so pretty...it’d be impossible for Nayeon not to fall for her...right?

The girls were ushered together to stand in front of a plain white backdrop. Sana was put between Momo and Tzuyu. She could practically see Momo’s dismay rolling off of the girl in waves. Poor thing...Sana had made things quite awkward between the two of them, hadn’t she? Why couldn’t it have just been you? Sana thought as Momo was instructed to put an arm around “Mina”. It would have been so much easier…

The photographer snapped a new picture every few seconds and instructed the girls to change up their poses. It took Sana a few times to get the hang of it, but for some reason it seemed to come quite naturally to her. Maybe I was a model in my previous life? Sana thought to herself as she put both of her hands on Tzuyu’s shoulders.

After a few outfit changes, the photoshoot was done rather quickly, and the girls were scheduled to go to a radio show. Again, Sana was quite excited to go because it’d be her first time doing so. After changing back into their casual clothes, the girls were ushered back into the van by Sungjin, who was practically holding up Nayeon as they walked back out to the parking lot.

 

After about a 45 minute drive back into the city, Sungjin drove into a parking garage where the girls got out and were led into a building. The room they were eventually led to had huge windows for walls, giving a look out at the streets of Seoul. Sana was shocked to see what looked like hundreds of fans standing outside, cheering. As the girls entered the room, they were greeted by waves and shouting. Sana watched with amusement and began to wave back, laughing as the volume of the cheers increased as she waved. She’d never felt this powerful before.

A man who she could only assume was the radio host greeted the girls warmly, while a crew member gave the girls each a bottle of water and some snacks.

Sana did her best of paying attention, but she didn’t really have a clue about what anyone was talking about. Instead, her thoughts went back to Nayeon, who was in another room now, probably continuing to sleep. Sana had told Sungjin that Nayeon had a fever and now he was probably tending to her.

“Hey,” Sana’s train of thought was interrupted by Dahyun, who poked her in the arm.

“Hm?” Sana replied, leaning forward and widening her eyes.

“What has it been like to begin promotion in Japan?” The radio host asked, and by the tone of his voice it was clear he was repeating himself. “In case our viewers don’t know, both Mina and Momo are Japanese, and have only been here in Korea for a few years, right?”

“Oh!” Sana replied. She tried to read up as much about Mina as she could, but she could only try her best to answer this one. “Yes, that’s correct. It’s been very nice to be home and very fun to promote in Japan...where I’m from,” Sana added a laugh at the end for no reason and smiled.

“Momo?” The host turned to the brunette, and Sana quietly sighed in relief. Sana listened attentively to Momo’s warm but brief answer. It seemed the biggest talkers in the group were Jeongyeon and Dahyun, who did well with on the spot questions.

They got going for some time about the group’s first Japanese album (which was news to Sana), and she listened with interest. Eventually they circled around to a more playful topic: aegyo.

“Which member is the cutest in your dorm?” the host asked.

The girls looked at each other awkwardly. “Uh, Momo,” Jeongyeon admitted.

“Hey, I’m pretty cute too,” Sana replied before she could even process what was coming out of , and immediately everyone looked at her in interest. Jeongyeon laughed while Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. “Oh, haha, I was just kidding.”

“It seems we have a battle for cutest member on our hands,” the host declared with excitement. “How shall we decide who the real winner is? An aegyo battle?”

“Oh no no no no,” Sana replied, laughing and shaking her head while internally screaming. What has she done? Momo, a few seats down, gave her a bit of a dirty look.

“Momo is definitely the cutest,” Jeongyeon assured, putting an arm around Momo.

“I still want to see Mina try her best if she thinks she’s cute too,” the radio host said. “I’m sure the listeners would like to hear it as well.” The fans outside all cheered.

Sana had really dug herself into a hole here. She would have to pull from her own charm because she had no idea how Mina would handle this situation. “Erm, alright,” she sighed. Everyone looked at her in anticipation. She thought back to an older video she’d watched of aegyo and winged it.

“Actually...I have something to tell you…” she tried her best to act shy and cute while raising Mina’s voice up an octave higher than usual. “Actually I like you…this much,” she made a small finger heart. “This much…” she made a hand heart. “This much,” she made a bigger hand heart. “This much!” she put both hands on her head and made a giant heart with her arms. “I love you~!”

Everyone in the room awed and laughed. Tzuyu was practically squealing, Momo was nearly on the floor, while Jeongyeon looked like she was in shock. “Where did that come from?” Jeongyeon gasped. Dahyun stood up and applauded.

Sana hid behind her hands and giggled shyly. She felt a bit foolish but judging on the reactions of everyone else, her experience watching old videos and recent dramas had worked! Success!

After their interview was over in a little over an hour, Sana quickly thanked the staff and searched for Nayeon. Nayeon was sitting upright with a bottle of water held against her overheating forehead in the same spot she’d first sat down when they arrived. Sana walked up to her and gave her a smile.

“Feeling any better?” Sana asked earnestly.

“Slightly,” Nayeon croaked.

“You don’t remember anything that happened earlier...do you?” Sana shifted her weight from foot to foot. “Like...a kiss perhaps?”

“A kiss?” Nayeon’s brow furrowed.

Sana puckered her lips and pointed from herself to Nayeon.

If Nayeon wasn’t already as pale as a ghost she would’ve turned a few shades lighter. “W-what?”

“I think you were dreaming...you said something about Jennie…” Sana acted innocently, but she knew with every word Nayeon was screaming internally. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone else.”

Nayeon made a face that looked both distraught and embarrassed.

“Maybe sometime we can try it again when you’re not having a fever dream.” Sana gave Nayeon a wink (she had to do it rather slowly because she found Mina had a really hard time winking), then she walked away back toward the other members, who were putting on their coats and getting ready to leave.

Meanwhile, Nayeon fell forward in her chair in disbelief. Did...Mina...just...wink...at...her?

WHAT?!?!?!?!

The last thing on the itinerary for that day was more practicing for the Seoul Music Awards. The girls were driven another half an hour back to the JYP building. Sana couldn’t get out of dance practice this time...she knew that much. She gulped as they entered the front doors of the building.

In the foyer, the girls were all greeted by the girl in the wheelchair Sana had seen yesterday. “Your sister isn’t doing too well,” Sungjin replied to the girl, who looked worriedly at Nayeon. In response, Nayeon plopped down in a chair by the front desk. “I told her to stay home today,” he said.

“I’m fine,” Nayeon assured, although her looks betrayed her.

“Stubbornness runs in the family,” the girl tisked, making her way from behind the desk to Nayeon’s side.

When the girl tried to place a hand on Nayeon’s forehead, Nayeon pushed her hand away gently. “I’m fine Chaeng, really. I just need some rest and some water.”

“I’ll get you some,” the girl replied. She glided back into another room.

“Quick gawking,” Sana heard Jeongyeon whisper in her ear. “We need to get up to the practice room.” Sana tore her gaze away from Nayeon and followed the taller girl into the elevator, where the rest of the girls stood waiting.

When they entered the practice room they were greeted by their dance instructor, Jennie. Sana began to feel slightly queasy. Maybe it was the getting up early and the traveling that was actually beginning to wear her down.

Sana watched Jennie closely, and she could easily see why Nayeon might be crushing on her. The girl was confident and owned the dance floor. As they began to dance to “Forever”, Sana stumbled and ran into Dahyun a bit. “Mina? What’s going on with you?”

“Sorry,” Sana murmured. She couldn’t exactly fake knowing a choreographed dance. She really was trying her best but it was more difficult than it looked! She needed to get with Nayeon fast if she was going to be trapped in Mina’s body much longer.

After a few more miserable attempts, Sana was finally beginning to get the hang of it. The hardest part was knowing where she was supposed to stand, because the five girls were expected to move around constantly. After an hour went by, Sana was exhausted and practically fell onto the couch before she reached for a water bottle and began to chug it.

“You act like you’ve never danced before in your life,” Jeongyeon laughed at Sana.

“Not in this one, I haven’t,” Sana muttered, but simply laughed along with Jeongyeon. Her laughter began to turn into a coughing fit. “Ugh.”

“Come on,” Jeongyeon gave Sana a hand and pulled her to her feet. The girls were done for the day and could finally go back to their dorm. Momo was out the door like a rocket, talking with Jennie about something, and Dahyun and Jeongyeon followed closely behind.

“What’s the deal with Nayeon and Jennie?” Sana asked Tzuyu, as they were the last ones to leave the practice room.

“Nayeon and Jennie?” Tzuyu replied, looking suspicious. “They’ve been friends for a long time. Before either one started working here…” That’s all she said though.

Sana shook her head. She wanted to know more. “Is Jennie single?”

Tzuyu’s slightly unfocused eyes snapped into clarity and her gaze at Sana almost burned a hole right through her. “Why?”

“Just...curious,” Sana smiled innocently.

“She hasn’t dated since her girlfriend passed...you know that.”

“Oh, right,” Sana replied. So Jennie had a ghost lover of her own...a memory that haunted her, anyway. And poor Nayeon, how was she supposed to compete with the ghost of what once was?

Tzuyu took Sana by the shoulders and pushed Sana slightly so that her back was pressed against the nearest wall. “Oof,” Sana cried out, eyes wide and mouth open at the suddenness of the movement. Tzuyu’s burning glare had turned into one of ice. If the look in Tzuyu’s eyes didn’t scare Sana, she might have been a bit .

“Who are you?” Tzuyu asked, voice sounding desperate. Her grip around Sana’s shoulders began to tighten. “You’re not Mina.”

“Tzuyu, you’re scaring me,” Sana whispered.

“I’ve been watching you...and you’re not her...you're an imposter! What did you do with her?” Tzuyu’s voice was rising and her breathing grew heavier. “Answer me!”

“Tzuyu, what are you talking about?” Sana said, trying to keep her voice as level as possible. “Have you lost your mind?” Tzuyu couldn’t possibly know...she couldn’t possibly…

“Give her back!” Tzuyu ordered. “Don’t play dumb with me! This is just like the last time!”

It happened once before?

“What’s going on?” a voice asked, and Tzuyu immediately released Sana from her grasp and spun around. It was Jennie, looking at the two girls in front of her curiously. “Out you go,” she said after a pause. “Nayeon is waiting for you, she’s ready to go home.”

Tzuyu turned around and gave Sana one last warning glare before she spun around and wordlessly left the room. Sana took a breath, collecting herself, before she straightened her shoulders and walked out as well. With Jennie in the elevator between Tzuyu and Sana, you could say the atmosphere was tense. Sana was thankful for the older girl’s presence between them.

“There you girls are, ready to head out?” Sungjin greeted them as they exited the elevator into the foyer.

 

“Yup,” Sana replied. Tzuyu walked away from the group and approached the “Chaeng” girl (as Nayeon called her). At this moment, however, there was another man Sana didn’t recognize standing next to Nayeon's sister. Briefly, his image captivated Sana. He was quite handsome but in a subtle kind of way. In fact, he looked quite kind. He made eye contact with Sana and smiled.

Tzuyu began talking to Chaeng (short for Chaeyoung, Sana supposed) briefly—it was clear the two girls were close. Sana and Sungjin began to make their way toward the door. As she walked by Tzuyu, Sana could catch bits of her conversation with Chaeyoung. “Look after her tomorrow, will you? Lord knows she won’t look after herself…”

Sana’s eyes traveled around the room until they landed on Nayeon, who was sitting down in a chair off to the side. To Sana’s dismay, Jennie was approaching Nayeon and whispered something in her ear that made her laugh. That was the first time Sana had heard Nayeon laugh—she realized. It was a funny laugh, if laughs could be funny. It sounded like the laugh of a Disney villain.

After Sungjin was able to get everyone’s attention, the group headed out the door. Sana noticed Nayeon wave goodbye to Chaeyoung and the man who stood behind her—were they a couple?—and saw how Jennie helped Nayeon get up and hobble outside. Sana clung onto Jeongyeon like there was no tomorrow, hoping she could use the girl as a shield for now. Hopefully Tzuyu wouldn’t be able to get her alone for awhile, although Sana was curious to hear what the younger girl meant about it happening before. Mina was possessed another time? If so, the poor girl was just unlucky.

By the time they reached the dorm, Sana was too worried and stressed to even give Nayeon or Sungjin a proper goodbye. She continued to cling onto Jeongyeon’s arm. Her stomach felt slightly sick, and she realized it wasn’t just the fear of Tzuyu...she felt slightly off. “I don’t feel so good,” Sana mused as the girls all walked into the foyer and shut the front door.

“You keep saying that,” Jeongyeon replied. “You’re really sick, huh?”

“She’s fine,” Tzuyu replied a bit bitterly as she brushed past Sana.

Jeongyeon gave Tzuyu a questioning look but said nothing. “Well, hopefully you didn’t catch the same thing Nayeon has. At least we’re home now so you can relax.” The girls began to disperse into their rooms, leaving Sana standing in the living room. If she went into Mina’s own room, things would be awkward between her and Momo, but if she dared to go into Tzuyu and Dahyun’s room she was pretty sure Tzuyu might strangle her. She was forced to stay out in the living room or kitchen for now. She was slightly curious to see if Tzuyu would come out and confront her. At least the other girls were only a scream away if that did happen.

Sana wobbled over to the kitchen and opened up the refrigerator. Not because she was hungry, but because she wanted to feel the cool air on her skin. She basked in it for a minute, closing her eyes. “Ah, that feels so good. Why is it so hot in here?” She finally shut the refrigerator door after nosing around through its contents. Bored, she walked back into the living room.

Sana coughed loudly, collapsing onto the couch. “Yeesh, Mina really is sick. This is no joke.” She closed her eyes and tried to rest, but her head felt like it was on fire. She coughed a few more times—each exhale of breath shaking her entire body. Before she knew it, her vision was tunneling into a thick and deep black, causing Sana to lose consciousness briefly and roll off the couch with a thud. After regaining her senses, Sana stood up and put a hand to her head.

“Owwww,” she whined, with her eyes squinted shut.

After a minute she opened her eyes and realized she actually felt a hundred times better. “What—” but her own thoughts were quickly interrupted as she noticed she could see Mina’s body laying on the ground. She managed to eject herself from Mina—finally!

“Oh, I’m out!” she exclaimed. “Phew!” But her happiness was short-lived as she stared down at a very sickly Mina, clearly passed out. “Hey, Mina?” Sana squatted down next to the girl and whispered in the girl’s ear. “Mina…?” This didn’t look good. Sana quickly stood up and ran into Jeongyeon, Mina and Momo’s room. Jeongyeon would know what to do!

“Hey, Yoo Jeongyeon!” Sana cried, jumping and waving her arms in front of Jeongyeon, who was on the floor on an exercise mat doing pilates. “Ugh, she can’t hear me.”

Sana looked to Momo, who was curled up in a ball on her bed. “Hey, Momo!” she called. No response. It was useless! She was invisible once again. “Desperate times call for desperate measures,” Sana cheered. She pressed her lips together and dived straight for Momo’s bed, landing in the same spot the girl was laying and feeling the exhilarating pull of possession taking place.

Immediately, in Momo’s body, Sana jolted upright, causing Jeongyeon to flinch in surprise. “Jeongyeon!” Sana cried out. “Mina needs our help!” Sana stood up and jumped over to where Jeongyeon was.

“What are you talking about—ah, Momo!” Jeongyeon scolded as Sana grabbed her and yanked her to her feet.

Sana took Jeongyeon’s arm and pulled her into the living room where Mina was laying—her body looked terribly small and cold passed out on the floor. “Oh my god!” Jeongyeon exclaimed, running so that she was beside Mina. “Call Sungjin now!”

Sana wildly searched for Momo’s phone but then realized she didn’t know the passcode! Desperately she grabbed Mina’s phone, which had fallen onto the floor next to her, unlocked it with the passcode she recognized, and searched for Sungjin’s number. She dialed it immediately and held the phone up to her ear. “Come on, come on, come on,” Sana said into the phone as it rang again and again.

Finally a sleepy voice answered on the other line. Had he fallen asleep already? The poor guy must’ve been exhausted from wrangling around the group and his sick coworker all day. “Hello?”

“Sungjin, Mina passed out and she’s not waking up! She’s really sick and I think she might need to go to the hospital!”

Sana could hear Sungjin’s sharp intake of breath. “Okay, be right over. In the meantime, put a cold cloth on her forehead and try to give her some water!” Click. Sungjin hung up and Sana lowered her hand...shaking slightly. Normally she didn’t really care about the bodies she inhabited, but she liked Mina and her friends. She’d never occupied a body for this long so you could say Sana had become a bit attached. She certainly didn’t want Mina to get hurt.

“I’m gonna get her a cool cloth, try to get her to drink some water, okay?” Sana said to Jeongyeon, darting back toward the bathroom.

With all the commotion, eventually Tzuyu and Dahyun ventured out from their room and were immediately startled to see Jeongyeon and “Momo” tending to Mina, who Jeongyeon had managed to lift up onto the couch.

Mina still wasn’t waking up, so Jeongyeon couldn’t get the girl to drink. “Sungjin will be here soon,” Jeongyeon whispered. “Hang in there.”

“What happened?” Dahyun cried out.

“Mina’s sick...she probably has whatever Nayeon had earlier...it just hit her all at once,” Sana answered.

The four girls gathered around their sick friend and could do nothing but watch her and hope for her to wake up until Sungjin burst in. “I called the hospital, someone will be on their way very soon.”

It was about fifteen minutes before the paramedics arrived.

Sana stood back and let the man and woman lift Mina onto a gurney and wheel her out the door. Sana moved forward to follow—wanting to go with Mina—but Sungjin blocked her path. “You need to stay here. I’ll go with her.”

“But—”

“You just relax and get some sleep. I’ll keep you updated on how she’s doing, okay? I called Nayeon too so she knows what’s going on.”

Sana felt helpless but complied. She stepped back and watched as Sungjin hurried after Mina. Feeling drained, Sana decided that this was probably a good time to leave Momo’s body. She shut her eyes and peeled herself out of Momo with ease. Phew, that was so much easier than it was with Mina! Momo nearly fell backwards as she came to her senses. She looked around with big, confused eyes.

“Jeongyeon?” the girl whined. “What happened?”

Jeongyeon gave Momo a strange look. She put an arm around the girl, who suddenly looked scared. “Let’s just sit you down for now, okay,” she said, guiding Momo back to their bedroom.

Sana watched Tzuyu and Dahyun’s nervous and strained faces. “She had been acting so strange yesterday and today...and she fainted too. We should’ve known something was up...we should’ve looked after her better,” Dahyun sighed. She looked as if she were about to cry.

“It’s not your fault Dahyun,” Tzuyu assured. “Some things are just out of our control.” The way Tzuyu was speaking made Sana think she knew a lot more about the world of the paranormal than she was letting on. Sana would figure out more about her soon.

For now, Sana was free for the first time in over a day, which meant it was time to go hunt down Jennie!

___________________________________

So a lot happened this chapter, huh? I hope it wasn't all too fast. So Nayeon is the one Sana needs to sleep with to cross over, but you all knew that from the description of this fic already. Surprised the Chaeyoung is the girl in the wheelchair and Nayeon's sister? What do you guys think Tzuyu was talking about, "this is just like the last time?". Do you think Sana's plan of possessing Jennie to get to Nayeon faster is gonna work? Let me know in the comments below!

Also, if anyone is interested, I was thinking about forming a lgbt twice group chat on kakaotalk, so message me if you're interested in joining! It should be fun! Thanks! xx