Carry You

The Writer

______________________________________

Sana had a dream that night. She was walking through what could be best described as a hall of mirrors. It seemed to be endless. The mirrors made up the entirety of the walls and ceiling—everywhere Sana looked she saw her reflection staring back. However, this reflection wasn’t her own, it was Mina’s.

Sana stared back at the girl’s soft brown eyes—the eyes she’d become quite familiar with over the past few days. For some reason though, looking around, Sana felt slightly afraid. There was something sinister about this place, although she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. Sana began to run down the hall, searching for an exit—but it was as if she was in a hall with no doors. She lifted up the white dress she was wearing as she ran, gliding along on the heels that managed to not hurt her feet. With each step her heels clicked against the floor, which was also one giant mirror.

“Sana,” a voice said. It was familiar—warm and gentle. “What happened to you?”

Sana spun around, searching for the source of the voice, but saw nothing but Mina’s reflection everywhere. “Hello?” she asked with a quiet voice. “Where are you?”

“Was it painful?” the voice asked again—clearly a girl’s. “Did it feel like floating or falling?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Sana cried, continuing to spin around desperately. She picked a direction and ran in it, hoping to find the girl speaking to her.

“Sana, I miss you.”

As Sana ran, her vision began to blur. She blinked a few times and saw another face in the mirrors around her. It was hard to make out who it was but something inside Sana told her it was Eunha. “Eunha, is that you?”

“I’m sorry, Sana,” the girl said. She sounded quite sad. “I really am…”

“I’m sorry too,” Sana found herself saying, although she didn’t really know why. “I’m so sorry…”

“Sana, you need to remember—”

There was a loud noise—a sort of mechanical screeching—it sounded like a car engine revving but then coming to a quick halt. Someone had hit the breaks, but it seemed it was too late. There was a thud, ugly and thick. It rang out through Sana’s ears, making her cringe. Eunha’s face in the mirror disappeared and Sana was left alone again. She stopped running and caught her breath.

“Mina,” another voice murmured—this one sounded a bit electronic and staticy, as if it were being distorted. “Where are you going?”

Sana spun around again, looking for the person behind this new voice. Something was pulling her forward, so she continued to walk down the hallway. “I just need a moment,” she found herself saying—but it wasn’t really her, was it? It was as if someone else was moving her lips. She was a puppet on a string.

“What’s wrong?” the voice asked, sounding a bit concerned.

“It’s nothing—” Sana—or was it Mina?—said. “I just need a moment to myself.” It was as if her body was on autopilot. She didn’t fight it though, letting the feeling carry her. With every step it felt as though some of her memories were being left behind, although she couldn’t remember which ones.

Her head felt empty. What was she doing here? Hadn’t there been a different person speaking to her only moments ago? Not this electronic voice, but a sad one. What was that person’s name again?

She closed her eyes and thought hard, humming to herself in frustration. Why couldn’t she remember anything?

What even was her own name?

Mina. The name resurfaced in her mind. She opened her eyes and stared at the wall, taking in her reflection and the dozens of copies of herself the hall of mirrors created. Mina is my name.

A wave of water rushed from the visible end of the hallway, moving straight toward her. Mina barely had time to tense up before the water crashed into her. She closed her eyes and braced herself, but felt nothing. She opened one eye, then the other. The water was gone, but she was no longer alone in the hallway.

“I won’t press,” the girl standing in front of her said quietly, “but just remember I’m always here for you, okay? If it’s something you don’t want to talk to the other girls about you can always come to me.” The girl was looking right at her, with worry spread across her face.

For some reason Mina’s heart suddenly felt lighter. The girl had given it wings. “Thank you,” she replied. Her lips formed into a small smile. She knew this girl. She knew her well. It was Nayeon.

Mina frowned suddenly—there was something nagging at her brain. A part of her buried deep down was trying to tell her something. What was she trying to remember before? She could barely remember another voice, different from Nayeon’s, and the sound of a car slamming on its brakes...

“Mina,” Nayeon said softly. This time her voice wasn’t electronic sounding, but very clear. Nayeon took a step and jumped the distance between the two girls instantaneously—the laws of reality were bent inside this dream.

Mina shivered as Nayeon lightly touched her face, turning her head so they made direct eye contact. Inside her chest, Mina’s heart was pounding. What had she just been thinking about before Nayeon showed up? It was something important, something she mustn't forget…someone told her to remember….

“I saw something, Nayeon,” Mina whispered. The words came out naturally, as if she’d said them before. Her head bowed slightly as she spoke, too nervous to look her manager in the eye. “Something...unnatural. I see things I shouldn’t see.”

“What was it? What did you see?” Nayeon asked. Her hand dropped from Mina’s face but she continued to stare at the girl intensely with her brows drawn together.

Mina hesitated. “Do you...believe in ghosts?” At the confused look on Nayeon’s face, Mina continued. “I see spirits. Energies of people who have passed on—both good and bad. But lately, I’ve been seeing more bad than good. They linger by me and stare at me with wild eyes and smile. Their smiles are stretched across their faces like they’re painted on. They want me, I can feel it. They want to do something terrible to me.” Her voice began to crack. “These evil spirits...they’re monsters.”

Nayeon’s look of concern abruptly faded into an expressionless stare. “Monsters?” Her voice sounded a bit deeper—a bit rougher around the edges. “Mina, monsters aren’t real. Monsters aren’t real,” Nayeon repeated. “Monsters aren’t real. Monsters aren’t real.”

She began to repeat herself over and over like a broken record. Each time, her voice sounded more unlike the voice that Mina knew. It became louder and more threatening. Mina took a step back carefully, looking at Nayeon’s almost zombie-like stare.

After a few seconds, the repetition stopped and the hallway grew uncomfortably quiet. Mina held her breath, feeling as though if she exhaled she’d be waking something awful up. She slowly lifted her back foot and took another step back.

Nayeon rushed toward her in an instant and screamed in her face, sounding like some sort of disturbed animal. Her brown eyes were now completely white, missing their irises. Mina nearly tripped over her own feet as she desperately tried to distance herself from Nayeon.

The screaming stopped and Nayeon smiled. The smile kept growing, wider and wider, until Mina thought Nayeon’s face was about to split in half.

Mina opened to scream, but was cut off by the sound of a car accident. It sounded as though it happened right in front of her, although there was no car in sight.

“You’re not Mina,” Nayeon whispered.

 

Mina’s eyes snapped open as she jolted awake from her dream. She looked around in the darkness, trying to get a sense of her bearings. She was breathing heavily, sitting upright and rubbing her eyes. Feeling a soft touch against her arm, Mina nearly cried out. She looked down and could make out another person laying beside her.

“Mina, are you okay?” the girl asked. It was then Mina remembered that Dahyun was sleeping in her bed. That’s because Nayeon was sleeping in Dahyun’s bed. Nayeon had stayed over because Sungjin wanted to give all of the members of EDEN a sense of security. There had been a murder attempt earlier that day. Eunha was stabbed, right in the parking garage next to JYP Entertainment. Eunha...Eunha her friend

Wait a second! I’m Sana, not Mina! Sana pressed her palms against her temples. How did she forget who she was for a second?

“Mina?” Dahyun asked softly, this time sitting up beside Sana.

“I’m okay,” Sana managed to choke out, but she was suddenly shaking. The fact that she’d forgotten who she was for a second really disturbed her.

Dahyun rubbed her back softly. “It was just a bad dream. Go back to bed, okay?” It was clear Dahyun was only half awake, because she plopped back down against her pillow and was out again in an instant. Sana sighed and remained sitting up, swallowing hard.

Her name was Sana, and she was a ghost. She was dead—she couldn’t forget that.

Maybe there were side effects of possessing a human body for too long. It was as if her identity was beginning to blur with Mina’s completely. There was no line where Sana ended and Mina began anymore…

The dream came flooding back to her—the hall with mirrors, Eunha, the loud car accident blaring, and Nayeon turning into a monster right before her eyes. Sana hugged her knees for a moment, trying to slow her breathing. After she’d relaxed slightly she slipped out of bed and stumbled out of the bedroom, into the kitchen, hoping to pour herself a glass of water.

As she fumbled around the kitchen looking for a glass, Sana recalled what she’d said as Mina in the dream to Nayeon as clear as day. It was as if the conversation were a memory, not a dream. Sana realized that the conversation between Mina and Nayeon must’ve actually happened, and that Mina’s memories had blurred into her dream somehow.

Mina had confessed to Nayeon that she could see ghosts then? That was an interesting development.

So was the mysterious figure, also standing in the kitchen in the dark.

Sana nearly jumped a foot in the air.

“Having trouble sleeping?” the figure asked. Stepping forward a bit into some light coming from the ice maker on the refrigerator, Sana could see it was Nayeon, holding a glass of water in her hand.

Sana tried to shake the scary image of Nayeon from her dream. “Just a nightmare.”

Nayeon pressed her lips together and nodded, taking a sip of her water. “Me too, actually.”

The two girls stood in silence for a moment. Sana still hadn’t found a glass.

“Are you looking for something?” Nayeon asked finally.

“A glass,” Sana murmured, looking slightly embarrassed. This is something Mina should know.

Nayeon moved to a cupboard and pulled a glass out for Sana, handing it to the girl. Sana thanked her before she poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher in the fridge.

“What was your nightmare about?” Nayeon asked, watching Sana as she began to drink her water.

Sana swallowed and took a breath. “It was...about ghosts.” She decided she’d test the waters and confirm that the conversation she’d had in her dream was actually one of Mina’s memories. And based on Nayeon’s reaction—the look on her face—Sana just confirmed it to be true.

“Oh, that again,” Nayeon replied. Did she not believe Mina when she’d told Nayeon that she could see ghosts? Sana knew Mina could somehow see them because she’d seen her—heard her, even—so she clearly had The Gift. It might be hard for a normal human to wrap their brain around though.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” Sana sighed, looking at Nayeon a bit sadly. It saddened her to think Mina had confided in her manager only for the older girl not to believe her.

“No...yes...I don’t know,” Nayeon said. “I...want to believe you. I guess I have no reason not too, but I’ve never seen a ghost. I guess for that reason they’re just not real to me.”

Sana snorted, and Nayeon gave her a strange look. Oh, the irony of this situation. “I can assure you that ghosts are very real. They’re closer to you than you think.”

That statement made Nayeon look slightly uncomfortable. Sana quickly took another sip of water and put on a small smile. “Anyway, what was your nightmare about, since we’re sharing?”

Nayeon set down her glass on the counter and crossed her arms. “You were in it…” she began, but that was all she offered. Sana’s eyes widened, a bit curious. She wanted to press Nayeon but knew better of it. Instead, Sana took a step forward, closer to Nayeon.

“I think I know something that can cheer us both up,” Sana whispered smoothly, with a mischievous smile on her face. She began to lean forward, staring at Nayeon’s lips.

Nayeon quickly stepped back, shaking her head. “What are you doing? Mina...I’m your manager, did you forget that? I know I’m only a few years older and full of charm but...what has gotten into you?”

Sana stopped leaning forward and frowned. A whole different person has gotten into me, that’s what. “I’m sorry,” Sana replied. “But you kissed me first, remember?”

“No, I don’t,” Nayeon replied. “That was a mistake….I-I was sick, okay? I didn’t know what I was doing. I thought...I thought you were Jen—”

“Right,” Sana sighed. “You thought I was Jennie.”

The two girls stood unmoving, still slightly close to each other.

“But c’mon Nayeon, you can’t say you don’t feel anything. There’s something here.” Sana pointed to the two of them, looking at Nayeon intently.

Nayeon turned away, silent.

“I’ve seen the way you look at Mina, er, me I mean,” Sana replied, beginning to fumble over her words. She was never good at confessing. She normally let her actions do the talking for her.

“I care about you like I care about all the members,” Nayeon muttered. “You’re deluding yourself with some school girl crush…”

“Am I?” Sana asked, beginning to lean forward again. She tilted her head and her bottom lip.

“Mina,” Nayeon whined, but she didn’t move. She stood still as Sana continued to lean forward.

“Just tell me to stop and I will,” Sana whispered.

Nayeon held her breath but didn’t say a word. Sana closed her eyes and leaned until her lips met Nayeon’s. She drew back, searching Nayeon’s face for a reaction.

“Oh god,” Nayeon breathed out. But she grabbed the collar of Mina’s shirt that Sana was wearing and pulled Sana toward her once again. Their lips crashed together and this time Sana didn’t hesitate to part her lips.

Sana felt that same spark she’d felt from their first kiss—the influx of positive energy. It was intoxicating. She wanted more. Sana wrapped her arms around Nayeon, pulling her body closer so that there wasn’t an inch of space left between them.

“We should...stop…” Nayeon managed to say in the brief moments their mouths weren’t locked together. But Sana was running her hands through Nayeon’s long black hair now, and Nayeon made no effort to pull herself away.

After a few minutes, it was Sana who drew back, giving Nayeon a wicked grin.

Nayeon took a moment to collect herself, looking slightly appalled at what just transpired. “I’m screwed, we’re both screwed,” Nayeon whined, looking a bit panicked.

“You liked that, right?” Sana asked, tilting her head playfully.

Nayeon gave Sana a side-eye, sighing. “It...wasn’t bad.”

“C’mon!” Sana nearly cried out, punching Nayeon in the arm. “That was like...epic.”

Nayeon shook her head and gripped the edge of the kitchen counter like it was her lifeline. “Who knew you had that in you?”

Sana giggled. “I’ve got many more tricks up my sleeves, don’t worry.” Sana gave Nayeon a slow wink.

“This...whatever it is….it can’t be a thing,” Nayeon said firmly.

“Why not?” Sana asked. “I know you’re my….manager,” Sana’s voice lowered at the end, “but we can keep doing this in secret.”

“That’s a great way to get myself fired and for JYPE to face one of the biggest scandals of the century. This isn’t worth risking your career over, or mine.” Nayeon was looking at her coldly, wearing a mask of authority.

A bit of guilt ran through Sana as she thought of Mina’s career. She didn’t want to jeopardize it for her own selfish reasons…The longer she possessed Mina, the closer and more protective toward the girl she became. Sana made a silent note to ask Mina for permission before moving forward with Nayeon—she’d sell a very convincing pitch as to why she needed to continue using Mina’s body a bit longer, and surely Mina would let her.

“We’ll steal moments together...it’ll be romantic,” Sana assured. She linked her arm with Nayeon’s, but the older girl quickly shrugged her off. “Fine...but I know you won’t be able to resist me, no matter how much you want to.”

Nayeon scoffed at the younger girl, eying her up and down. She’d never heard Mina speak like this before...nor had she ever even imagined getting into this situation with her. Sure she’d always admired Mina and thought she was pretty...but the younger girl didn’t confide in Nayeon as much as her other members did. Nayeon had thought it was because maybe Mina secretly hated her.

“You’re crazy,” Nayeon stated, and she meant it. She took one last look at “Mina” before she stalked off back in the direction of the bedroom she was staying in. Sana continued to stand in the kitchen for a moment, smiling to herself. If she kept this up, surely she’d be able to find peace soon. Nayeon was weak...she knew if she was given some more time she could make the girl crack.

 

Sana decided the best place to talk to Mina would be the bathroom. Besides, everyone was sleeping so this was the perfect time to talk to her—a rare moment when she was alone. Even though Sana’s eyes were drooping, she went into the bathroom connected to her bedroom and locked the door behind her.

“Alright...now to see if I can even get out of you,” Sana said to herself. She closed her eyes and scrunched her nose. Before she knew it, she was standing beside Mina, looking at the girl with a grin on her face. “It worked!” Sana quickly moved to stand in front of the door, crossing her arms as Mina blinked a few times and began to orient herself with her surroundings. Mina began to topple over, perhaps a bit dizzy, and Sana moved to catch her but realized her arms might go straight through the girl. Luckily Mina caught herself on the bathroom counter.

“Mina?” Sana replied, looking at the girl with wide eyes.

Mina’s grogginess quickly faded as she realized Sana was standing beside her. The girl jumped back so that she was pressed against the bathroom wall, as far away from Sana as she could get. “Y-you—” she began.

Sana held up her hands, trying to appear less threatening. “You know who I am, right? Or what I am, I mean.”

“You’re a ghost…” Mina stated. “You’re the one who possessed me.” There was fear in her voice, although Sana could tell Mina was trying to remain calm.

“My name is Sana, nice to meet you,” Sana said, politely. “I mean, I’ve gotten to know you quite well in a way, but you haven’t had the chance to really talk to me, huh?” She tried to smile at Mina but the girl didn’t look pleased. “I wanted to ask you something...a favor, you see—”

Mina immediately covered her ears and sank down against the tile floor.

“Hey, don’t be rude! Just give me a minute to explain!”

“Get away from me,” Mina growled. “Get away!”

Sana squatted down on the floor so that she was eye level with Mina. “Hey, if you start screaming and wake people up I’ll have to possess you again before you can even hear my side of the story! I wanted to do the right thing but you’re making this difficult.”

Mina glared at Sana, but uncovered her ears slowly. “I’m the one being difficult? You’re the one who took over my life!” Mina snapped.

“I’m sorry...really,” Sana assured. “I wish I didn’t have to do this, but you see, I’m a ghost that needs to do one thing before I’m allowed to cross over to the other side and be at peace.”

Mina stared at her like she’d just spoken in another language. “And what do I have to do with that?”

“You can help me with my unfinished business,” Sana explained.

Mina’s mouth opened slightly as she appeared to be putting two and two together. She immediately bounced up off the floor and wore a horrified expression on her face. “No. No way. You’re not gonna use me to...to…” It seemed Mina couldn’t bring herself to say the word. “...sleep with someone,” she finally managed to hiss out.

Sana stood up and waved her hands. “Well when you put it like that it does sound pretty bad, huh?” Sana laughed awkwardly. “But if I don’t sleep with someone soon, I’m gonna turn into an evil spirit.”

Images of the ghosts that had been lingering around Mina lately with their creepy smiles flashed across Mina’s vision. She gulped. “Can’t you...possess someone else who does that...all the time?” Mina’s voice was growing softer and softer by the minute, Sana could barely hear the girl. “I can’t even date anyone, I’m banned—”

“I know about the ban,” Sana interrupted. “And trust me, if I could possess someone else that would make my life….well, undead life, a lot easier! But I need to sleep with a very specific person, someone with positive energy, and they’re very hard to come by. I can’t sleep with a regular person because my energy is too negative, it would kill them.”

“You see,” Sana continued. “I found someone in your life with positive energy.”

Mina’s eyes widened. “W-who?”

Sana laughed awkwardly again, suddenly feeling nervous about bringing it up. She knew Mina would react negatively to it. “It’s...Nayeon.”

Mina nearly fell over.

“I know she’s your manager—”

“Yes, Sana, she’s my manager,” Mina yelled, but her volume level was nothing but normal talking level for the average person. “If I so much as throw a weird look in her direction both of our careers could be jeopardized!”

“Um, yeah…about that…”

Mina covered and gasped. “You didn’t already sleep with her...did you?” Mina’s face was turning beat red.

“No, no, no, of course not!” Sana assured. “But we did...um...kind of make out.”

Mina almost fell over for the second time.

“Which means...you and her kind of made out. In the kitchen. Like, a few minutes ago.”

Mina was internally screaming and struggling to regain any sense of composure. Her entire body was about as red as a tomato. She couldn’t even bring herself to make eye contact with Sana anymore—in fact, she kind of just stood there frozen and not breathing for a moment.

“I know it might be a little shocking…”

“A little?” Mina squeaked. She uncovered and began to fan herself.

“But Nayeon likes you...I can tell. That’s why I need your help.”

“She doesn’t like me,” Mina assured. “There’s no way she likes me. She likes Jennie...she has for forever. I’m an idol...I’m a few years younger than her...she could never like me.” Her voice was unstable and fluttering, just like her heart pounding obnoxiously in her chest.

“Well then why did she kiss me, who she thought was you, in the kitchen just now?” Sana asked, smirking a little bit at Mina’s embarrassed behavior.

Mina was at a loss for words, she had no idea how to respond.

“I saw the way she looked at you. I was making her flustered. You made her flustered.”

“Me?” Mina squeaked again.

Sana walked over to Mina, who was too out of it to even attempt to squirm away, and grabbed the girl by the shoulders. Interestingly enough, it seemed Sana could touch Mina—her hands didn’t phase through the girl’s body like they did with everyone else except other shamen like Jihyo. Sana began to shake the girl lightly. “I’m telling you...Nayeon will fall for you.”

Mina remained silent, biting her lip while shaking her head.

“You like Nayeon, don’t you?” Sana guessed. It all made sense. The cute casual pictures of Nayeon she’d seen on Mina’s phone. The remark Jeongyeon made about Mina loving to dote on Nayeon. The way Mina was acting now, embarrassed beyond belief but also...excited.

Mina opened to respond but momentarily lost her voice. She looked at Sana with wide eyes.

“Oh. My. God.” Sana squealed, practically jumping up and down. “You like Nayeon!” Sana continued to shake the girl around.

“No I don’t!” Mina whined, but her face was flushed and her eyes betrayed her.

“I can’t believe it...this whole time you’ve been crushing on her!” Sana squealed again and Mina groaned. “How cute!”

“She’s my manager...it’s not cute,” Mina huffed. Then, more quietly, she added: “it’s tragic.”

“So that’s why you were so embarrassed this whole time. Well it must be fate that we met then, because she’s the one who can help me cross over!”

“You can’t possess me again,” Mina replied. “You could jeopardize my career...my entire life…I mean, you already have!”

“But think about it, this would mutually benefit us both! I’ll charm her for you...do what I need to do, and then she’s yours! I move on and you’ll have her all to yourself.”

Mina shook her head fiercely. “No!”

Sana smiled brightly at the girl. “Aw, you look adorable when you’re angry. I’ll keep that in mind when I’m seducing Nayeon.”

“I’m serious, okay? Nothing could happen between us anyway...there’s just too much risk. We could never, ever go public…” Mina sounded a bit dejected.

“Don’t worry about that right now, okay? Think about what I’m offering you here! You guys can meet in secret...steal little moments together. It’s like something straight out of a romance novel!”

Mina pouted. “Forbidden romances never end well…and besides, it just doesn’t feel right. No offense, but I like to be in control of myself. I don’t want you inside me.”

Sana wagged her eyebrows at Mina and instantly Mina felt like banging her head against the wall. “N-not like that. S-shut up!”

“I didn’t say anything,” Sana laughed. “Listen Mina, I know I’m asking for a lot, but this might be my only chance to not be stuck here in this world, cursed forever. I need to move on and get to heaven...or whatever nice place comes after this.” Sana’s voice was beginning to become pleading. “I only have about a month before I turn into an evil spirit for good!”

“I promise if you let me do this I’ll take good care of you. I won’t do anything embarrassing and I’ll be on my best behavior!” Sana might as well have gotten down on her knees and begged. Mina’s face was blank.

“Okay.”

“Okay? Really?” Sana gasped in disbelief.

“On one condition though. When it comes time to practice any choreography or do anything related to being an idol, you’ll let me be in control.”

Sana pressed her lips together. She supposed that was fair, considering she really didn’t know what she was doing. Even though she was a little disappointed because she’d had fun with what she’d done so far...

“Deal!” Sana squealed in delight and began jumping up and down. She engulfed Mina in a hug. “Yes, good girl! You’re making the right choice, Mina! I’ll make Nayeon yours.” Sana released Mina and beamed at her.

“You’ll leave after...you know...right?” Mina asked quietly, not quite making eye contact with Sana.

“Of course! Once I....you know...I’ll be able to cross over! I promise you’re making the right choice. I won’t let you down!”

Sana put her hands on Mina’s shoulders and shook her excitedly. “Ah, I knew we made some sort of connection these past few days. Now, we’ll be truly united! One body and one soul!”

“When you say it like that it sounds really weird.” Mina fought the urge to roll her eyes. Sana gently pulled Mina down onto the floor and they both sat down with their backs against the wall.

“Why did you run away, anyway?” Sana asked. “When I first found you...you left JYPE…”

“I was going to get help from a shaman,” Mina admitted. “I’ve been seeing a lot of ghosts these days...but they’re scary. Sometimes they won’t leave me alone…”

“And you left on your own because no one would believe you, right?” Sana guessed.

Mina nodded. “I didn’t want anyone to think I was crazy…Nayeon already thought I was. There’s no way anyone would’ve brought me to a shaman...they probably would’ve brought me to a psychiatrist instead.”

“Tzuyu knows though, right? She could’ve helped you,” Sana replied. “You know, you shouldn’t be so timid and hesitant to ask for help.”

Mina looked down at her knees. “I wouldn’t expect you to understand…”

“Mina, I was you for a few days. I know the kind of person you are. You’re just stubborn and shy. But everyone in your life, they really care about you. You know that, don’t you?”

Mina looked up at Sana briefly, hesitated, but then nodded.

“Good,” Sana said, smiling slightly. She patted the top of Mina’s head. “Okay, so our plan will start tomorrow! I’m going to use all my techniques and skills! Nayeon won’t be able to resist me!”


 

At the hospital that night, a nurse checking Eunha’s vitals tisked. She gave the other orderly with her a sad look. The two of them looked at the other girl in the room, who was currently sleeping in a chair beside Eunha’s bed. “Excuse me, miss,” the nurse said, gently shaking the girl awake. The girl’s eyes fluttered opened. “Visiting hours are over, I’m afraid you’ll have to go home for the night.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the girl replied, quickly standing up and gathering her purse. “I’ll be back again tomorrow morning, then.” She walked up to the head of Eunha’s bed and leaned down, giving Eunha a soft kiss on the forehead, before she nodded to the nurses and walked out of the room.

After the door to Eunha’s room shut, one of the nurses sighed. “She was just doing so well, I’m not sure what happened. The poor thing might not make it to the end of the week.”

___________________________________

What did you guys think of the spooky nightmare in the beginning? And are you surprised Mina is letting Sana take things over for awhile? How do you think it will turn out for both of them?