Haunt

The Writer

______________________________________________

 

“How are you so fast? Did you run track in college?” Sana screamed at her pursuer, who was hot on her tail and showed no signs of giving up any time soon.

Instead of responding to Sana’s question, the brunette girl wearing the traditional, colorful dress yelled: “I’m going to get you!”, causing everyone on the streets to turn their heads and stare.

To them, all they saw was a crazy girl screaming at nothing. She might as well have been chasing a ghost. Well, Sana was in fact a ghost, so that’s exactly what this woman was doing.

Sana had been dead for nearly three years now. She didn’t remember how she died, or who she’d been in the past; she only knew her name. She’d been forced to stay here on earth instead of going to heaven. Why? She had unfinished business to resolve.

Dying young, she’d missed out on many things in life. One thing she was the most bitter about though was the fact that she died a . Maybe that was petty. Maybe that was ridiculous. But ghosts are no joke. They’re known to possess the bodies of the living to have this experience before they move onto the next life.

The problem with this is that human bodies can almost never handle intimacy with a ghost—even a ghost possessing a human body. A ghost would have to find a very particular person with positive energy that could endure their negative energy in order to hook up. If they didn’t, the poor human they’d seduced could sustain serious injuries...or even die.

Sana had spent her three years so far trying to find someone with positive energy so she could move on, but had no such luck finding that special someone. In the meantime, running around Seoul and sometimes leaving confused and injured people in her wake, Sana had made enemies with a young shaman named Jihyo.

Jihyo had been born with the gift of seeing ghosts. She made a living off of telling fortunes and communicating with the dead. The spirits of Jihyo's ancestors apparently did not like the ruckus Sana was causing—leaving many men and women in the hospital after her attempts to seduce them. The spirits demanded that Jihyo force Sana to move on, or else they would no longer communicate with her...meaning she had no source of income as a novice shamen in the meantime.

That’s why Sana was currently running for her life from an angry Jihyo. “Get back here!” Jihyo screamed at the blonde whose hair bounced with every step. Sana rounded a corner, finally putting some distance between her and Jihyo, but she couldn’t keep up this pace all day. Even ghosts get tired. She came to a halt at an intersection where a crowd of people stood waiting for the crossing signal.

Sana looked among the faces of people, wondering who she could best go unnoticed in. Nope. Nope. Nope. Aha! There was a girl who looked very tired, with her eyes fluttering closed, wearing plain, unremarkable clothing. Perfect. Sana lept into the girl without a second thought, instantly feeling the jolt of entering a new body. She straightened up and put on a poker face just as she heard Jihyo’s heavy footsteps behind her.

“I know you’re here somewhere,” Jihyo yelled, looking at all the people on the sidewalk, causing some to back up in alarm. “You can’t hide from me forever!”

As she leaned toward Sana’s face, Sana leaned back, pretending to be innocent and alarmed. “You?” Jihyo yelled, but suddenly a hand was on Sana’s arm, pulling her toward a parked motorcycle.

“Mina, where have you been?” the man who grabbed her asked. Sana could only blink as she was practically pushed onto the motorcycle. “You need to come with me, now. I can’t believe you’d just run off like that!” the man scolded as he handed Sana a helmet and put it on for her, quickly buckling the chin strap. This was the perfect chance to put some distance between her and Jihyo without doing more running. Sana was not a fan of physical activity.

“I’m sorry,” Sana muttered. She put her hands around the man’s waist as the man sped off. The speed was exhilarating to Sana, who smiled the entire time. She’d actually never been on a motorcycle before, or at least not since she'd been dead. It was possible she'd been on one when she was alive, she just couldn't remember.

They rode for about five minutes before they pulled up to a recognizable building...wait, was this the JYPE building? Sana couldn’t help but gawk as the man helped her off the motorcycle and pulled her toward the entrance. “What’s with you?” the man asked. “You better wipe that smile off your face, you know Nayeon is about to kill you.”

“Nayeon?” Sana asked. The man simply rolled his eyes and dragged Sana through the lobby of the building toward an elevator. Sana could leave at any time now, but she was actually curious to see the inside of this building. Technically she could walk through walls and look at any time, but it was more fun to see it through the eyes of someone who actually belonged here. Speaking of that–––who was this girl she possessed if she worked at JYPE?

"Mina, you scared us all half to death," a girl replied as Sana and the man with her stood waiting for the elevator. Sana turned her head to see a small girl to her left, seated in a wheelchair, looking up at her. She must've been some sort of receptionist for the building. "I'm so glad you're alright. Thanks for finding her, Sungjin."

"I'm just glad I did," Sungjin replied. He placed a hand on Sana's head and ruffled her hair slightly. Sana didn't know what to make of this situation. Why would this Mina girl run away...?

They stepped into the elevator and Sungjin pressed the fifth floor button. Once they reached the fifth floor they stepped out of the elevator quickly. There was a lounging room with couches that various girls were seated on, all on their phones. A girl with long, black hair immediately looked up and cried out, startling Sana.

“Thank god you found her,” the girl said to Sungjin.

“She wasn’t too far yet, luckily,” the man replied. “Well, I’ll leave you girls to it then.” He bowed slightly and gave Mina an almost apologetic look before he stepped back into the elevator. Sana turned around and watched as he disappeared behind the closing metal doors, wishing that he stayed.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!” the black haired girl cried, causing Sana to jump. “You think you can just go off on your own without saying a word? Are you crazy?”

Sana stood with an open mouth, unsure of how to handle this situation. This wasn’t exactly fun anymore, maybe she should just leave…

“You know you could’ve gotten swarmed right? Harassed? Kidnapped for all we know because God knows there are some messed up people in this world who wanna do messed up things to you. You could’ve been locked up in someone’s basement, never to be heard from again. Is that what you want?”

Sana simply stared at this girl, who she decided immediately that she didn’t like. The girl’s voice was whiny and she had bunny teeth. Yeah, she was getting out of here. Sana closed her eyes and furrowed her brow in concentration as she focused on leaving this girl’s body. She expected to feel that jolt, but there was nothing. She opened one eye and assessed her surroundings. That dark haired girl was still staring at her expectantly. She closed her eye again and continued trying, humming as she did it.

“What is she doing?” she heard the bunny-teeth girl ask in disbelief. “Hello...earth to Mina?”

Sana opened her eyes again and frowned as one of the taller girls in the room got up from the couch and put a hand on her shoulder. She flinched from the touch, causing the tall girl’s eyes to widen in surprise and was that...a bit of hurt behind them?

“She’s officially lost her mind,” the black haired girl groaned. “And we have a full schedule this week.”

“Mina, are you okay?” a girl with light brown hair asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

Sana was concerned too. For whatever reason, she could not seem to jump out of this body, which had never happened to her before. She thought back to a warning that Jihyo had given her, during a time which Jihyo had trapped her using some sort of blessed rope (she’d escaped from the shaman’s grasp eventually, of course).

“You can’t just go around possessing humans all the time. Do you know what happens if you possess a body with the same frequency as your own? You can get trapped in it forever, or at least stuck in it for a long time.”

“Yeah, but what are the odds of that happening...one in a million? I’ll take my chances. Why are you so concerned about me anyway?”

“I just don’t want you to turn into an evil spirit. If you’re on earth for more than three years you’ll never be able to move on...you’ll grow angry and start latching onto people, causing them to do terrible things. You’ll become a demon.”

Sana had simply shrugged off Jihyo’s concern and continued her hunt to find someone with pure, positive energy. But now...here she was seemingly stuck in a body. Was it possible this girl really did have the same frequency as her? Would she be trapped in her forever?

The anxiety caused Sana to become extremely light-headed. Her eyes rolled back and she fell to the ground.

“Oh my god, she fainted!” the light haired brunette cried, rushing over to Sana, who was now unconscious.

The girls lifted her onto a couch, all staring at her as Sana breathed softly, lost in her unconsciousness. After a few minutes, Sana’s sense came back to her. She could hear nervous whispering between the girls. She decided to keep her eyes closed and better assess the situation before opening her eyes again.

“Do you think she’s sick?” she heard a soft voice ask. “Should we take her to the hospital?”

“Wasn’t she taking medication? Maybe she overdosed or didn’t take enough.”

“She seems fine to me. She just needs to wake up soon...you guys are scheduled to practice for the Seoul Music Awards. If she doesn’t wake up in a minute I’ll just have you all practice without her and she’ll have to make up for it later.”

Seoul Music Awards? She needed to get out of this body stat. From what Sana gathered, the girl whose body she was possessing was named Mina. She must’ve been an idol, which was just great. It’d be her luck to choose a body that would be plastered on ads and variety shows. So much for blending in. But how was she supposed to know the girl was an idol? When Sana had gotten a quick look at her on the street, she looked like any normal girl in her early 20s. She wasn’t wearing anything fancy and she didn’t even have any makeup on. Plus, she wasn’t with a manager or a security guard. Sana wanted to cry out in frustration.

She crinkled her nose as she attempted one last time to jump out of the girl’s body, but she was unsuccessful.

“Look, do you think she’s dreaming?” a girl asked, noticing Sana furrowing her brow.

Sana very slowly opened one eye to peek at her surroundings. Five girls stood around her. Doing a quick assessment, Sana could see they were all very attractive. They must’ve all been idols, minus the bunny-teeth girl who spoke as if she was a manager. Maybe one of these girls had positive energy...perhaps this was actually the opportunity she’d been waiting for.

Maybe being this Mina girl for awhile wouldn’t be so bad after all.

“I know you’re awake,” a girl whispered in Sana’s ear, causing her open eye to snap closed. Sana took a breath and opened her eyes completely, sitting up slowly. All of the girls looked at her with a mixture of worry and expectation.

“How are you feeling?” the girl who whispered in her ear asked. Sana studied the girl briefly. She had a cute face with pouty lips, and her bangs were curled perfectly, hanging over her forehead. From what Sana could tell, she had a nice body too. She probably had a perfectly toned stomach with abs…

The girl caught Sana staring at her stomach and cleared uncomfortably. Sana sheepishly returned her eyes to the girl’s face. “A bit better now, thank you,” Sana replied.

“You really scared us for a second. First running off and then fainting? What’s going on with you Myoui? Don’t you know you have a practice scheduled for today?” the bunny-teeth girl asked. She crossed her arms and looked annoyed.

“Um, sorry,” Sana replied. “I just...needed some air.” It was a lame excuse but the reason why this Mina girl ran out of the building was a mystery to her. From what the mean manager was saying though, it did sound like a rather stupid thing to do.

“Whatever, I’m just glad you’re awake now so we can get you girls to practice. Get changed into suitable clothes and head downstairs,” the manager said, checking her phone and walking away.

The girl closest to Sana, with the pleasant voice (and probably very toned stomach) helped her up off the couch. “Let’s get you changed.”

Sana hooked the girl’s arm in her own and the girl looked a bit surprised at the sudden skinship. “I still feel a little dizzy. Can I lean on you for support?” Sana asked, fluttering her eyelashes at the girl.

“Sure,” the girl responded, graciously helping Sana move to the elevator. “Will you even be okay to practice?”

“I think so,” Sana replied. But truthfully she was kind of dreading whatever it was she was getting herself into. She liked to dance but she was no professional. How she’d actually pull this off she had no idea.

“If not I’ll just work with you on the choreography whenever you’re feeling up to it later today.”

Sana’s eyes lit up. A private lesson? “You know...actually I might not be able to do it…” her eyes fluttered shut and she stumbled backward dramatically. The girl whose arm was linked to her own quickly kept her upright, preventing her from falling.

This girl, whose name she would soon find out was Momo, carefully helped Sana onto a couch at the side of the practice room. “Just relax and watch us for now. We’re not learning any new choreography at the moment so you’re not missing out on much.”

Sana did as she was told, crossing her legs and leaning forward as the four girls in front of her stretched and prepared to practice. An instructor walked in shortly after. She looked to be about a few years older than everyone in the room. “Sitting out for this one, Myoui?” the woman asked, raising an eyebrow at the sight of Sana sitting down.

“She fainted earlier,” the girl with light blonde hair that fell just above her shoulders, stated. “She’s still not feeling well.”

“I’ll help instruct her later today if she’s feeling better,” Momo stepped forward timidly and said.

The instructor looked a bit suspiciously between the girls and Sana before she gave a satisfied nod. “Alright, let’s begin working on the dance for Forever.”

So Sana buckled up for the magical show that was watching idol girls practice. She had to contain herself from cheering and clapping at times. remained shut as she tried to hide her drool. They were so pretty and the way their bodies moved...wow. Sana was especially drawn to Momo, who seemed to be the most controlled dancer out of the four girls.

Sana mentally tried to take a note of the choreography, but knew it would take a lot of practice to get it down. She hoped she’d be able to leave this body soon so it wouldn’t be a problem anyway. The track, Forever, played loudly in the background and Sana found herself humming along. She knew she’d heard it before, just going about and living her life as a ghost, whether it was playing in a supermarket or in a mall.

She’d stick around just a bit longer to try her odds with this Momo girl. Then she’s try to leave again. If something still held her back, she was screwed!

After the practice, the girls were shuffled into a van by their impatient manager, whose name, Sana learned, was Nayeon. The other manager, Sungjin, who was the man who picked her up on the motorcycle earlier, was much more patient and smiled more often. Nayeon tended to scowl.

Sana was seated in the van between Momo and the tallest member of the group, Tzuyu. Sana tried to snuggle against Momo, giving the girl zero free space. Momo didn’t seem to mind, in fact, she kept looking at Sana with a small smile on her face. Was that...nervousness Sana sensed? Meanwhile, Tzuyu kept giving her strange, worried looks.

“Are you feeling better?” Tzuyu asked. Dahyun and Jeongyeon, the two girls sitting in the middle seat, both craned their heads behind them to get a view of Sana.

Sana looked at the sea of worried faces surrounding her and smiled. “I feel much better,” she chirped, and for good measure, smiled.

Dahyun and Jeongyeon smiled back and turned around. Tzuyu, however, kept an unconvinced look on her face. “Just make sure you drink a lot of water when we get back,” she murmured.

Sana nodded at the girl and then rested her head against Momo’s shoulder. She could sense Momo’s breath still once her ear pressed against the brunette's body.

 

 

“This is...it?” Sana asked, surveying the apartment they had arrived at. She’d expected a room straight out of a five star hotel. Instead, the interior was much more plain and simpler than she expected, and there were only 2 bedrooms, meaning the girls had to share them.

“What are you talking about?” Jeongyeon replied, staring at Sana with a confused expression on her face.

Sana simply shook her head. "Nothing," she muttered. She followed Jeongyeon into a bedroom and stared at the three beds cluttered in the room. Which one was Mina's...? Well, Jeongyeon sat on one, so that one was ruled out. Momo brushed by her and claimed the second, leaving only one left to choose. Satisfied, Sana nodded to herself.

"Why are you just standing there?" Jeongyeon asked Sana.

Sana shrugged. "I'm going to...use the restroom...that's over...here," she said, pointing in the direction of the door she assumed was the restroom.

"Okay..." Jeongyeon replied, pressing her lips together as she watched "Mina" wander off.

 

Finally, with some alone time, Sana walked into the bathroom and got a good look at the face she was wearing for the first time. She stared with wide eyes, surveying the girl’s medium length brown hair and dark eyes. “Mina,” Sana whispered, reaching up to lightly touch a mole on the bridge of the girl’s nose. She was really pretty, which instantly boosted Sana’s confidence of winning Momo over. Perhaps sparks could fly tonight, during their one on one training session. Sana smiled at the thought, and noticed Mina had a nice smile.

She took a step back and turned slightly left and right, observing the girl’s body. Mina was clearly very in shape, too. Sana had hit the jackpot. She stepped closer to the mirror, surveying Mina’s features up close. She began practicing making certain expressions to decide which ones she’d use on Momo tonight.

“...Mina?”

Sana yelped and spun around, suddenly seeing a slightly amused looking Jeongyeon standing in the doorway. Had she not shut the door all the way?

“The door wasn’t shut completely…” Jeongyeon began. “What are you doing?”

“Just...um...practicing my expressions…” Sana offered. “Oh, for on stage! You know...when we’re performing.” She beamed at Jeongyeon, glad she was able to come up with a legitimate explanation.

“Okay...well, hurry it along cause I’m gonna take a nice long shower.” Jeongyeon stepped back out of the bathroom and closed the door all the way behind her. Sana leaned over the sink and sighed.

After another minute, she retreated from the bathroom back into the bedroom. She was slightly surprised to find Momo sitting on a bed—-her own bed, Sana assumed—looking at Sana expectantly.

“Just let me know when you want to practice,” Momo replied. She looked eager, and Sana could feel her heart racing already.

“Let’s wait until a little later…” she replied. She wanted most of the girls to be retiring to bed, so she could get Momo alone. In the meantime, Sana wanted to find out as much about Mina as she could. She sat on the bed she knew was Mina’s and pulled out the girl’s phone—a sleek, black iPhone 7. She turned it on and looked a bit dejectedly...there was 6 digit passcode. She looked at Momo, who was on her phone, helplessly.

“Hey Momo,” Sana replied, and Momo immediately lowered her phone and looked up at Sana. “You don’t...happen to know my phone passcode, do you?”

Momo gave Sana a weird look. “You forgot it?”

“Yeah, must’ve been the whole fainting thing.” Sana forced out a fake laugh and Momo’s expression turned softer and more worried. “Try 030719. I think that’s it.”

Sana’s fingers flew across the keypad and sure enough the phone unlocked. She repeated the number in her head to make sure she wouldn’t forget it. “Thanks,” Sana beamed at Momo, giving her one of Mina’s gummy smiles. She could practically see Momo melting because of it. This is why Sana needed to know more about Mina. It was clear Momo already had a crush on her. She just had to play Mina well and add in some moves and Momo would probably be putty in her hands.

She pulled open Mina’s social media accounts, looking through the posts and pictures. She didn’t post much. She opened up text messages. There was a group chat with all of the members. Sana noticed Mina didn’t respond much to it other than reacting to other messages. There were messages to people whose name Sana didn’t recognize, and there were even messages in a different language...Japanese! A lightbulb went off in Sana’s head as she realized she could read the language. That meant that Mina must be Japanese, but moved to Korea to become an idol. But the fact that Sana herself could read it...did that mean she was Japanese in her past life? Did she move to Korea like Mina did?

She thought hard about her past. She tried to picture her parents, her home, how she died...but nothing came back to her. She sighed in frustration and thought back to her real goal at hand—figuring Mina out. She looked through her camera roll, and found a lot of pictures of her other members, usually with silly filters on. There were a lot of pictures of her and Tzuyu together. There were even some selfies. To Sana’s confusion, there were even a few pictures of their manager Nayeon. Candid shots when the girl didn’t know her picture was being taken. Did Mina actually like the mean manager, or was Nayeon just in a sour mood today with Mina running off. Speaking of that...why did Mina run off in the first place?

Sana searched Mina’s night stand and drawers for some headphones. She found them, a bit tangled, and pulled them apart. She stuck them into Mina’s phone and opened up youtube, eager to watch videos of Mina. The first results that came up when she searched Mina’s name were various fan cams. Sana watched in awe as she studied Mina’s movements and expressions. The girl was graceful and precise with her movements. There was a rhythm to them that differed from Momo’s more aggressive style of dancing. How could she ever imitate that? Let alone attempt to dance?

She then watched clips of variety shows and noticed Mina’s shy behavior, and how she tended to cling to her members after doing something embarrassing. The girl was not touchy feely often, which is why Momo must’ve been so surprised earlier when Sana clung to her. But in all these videos, the Mina that Sana saw looked happy, and was smiling. Why she’d run off so recklessly was still a mystery.

“I’m ready,” Sana announced to Momo. Momo got up from her bed and Sana did the same. Sana followed Momo out into the living room/common space area. She pushed a coffee table aside to make room for them both. Sana didn’t intend on letting Momo get far into the lesson though. She had a game plan to smooth talk her way into getting Momo’s knees to buckle and getting both of them onto the nearby couch.

“Okay, let’s start from the top,” Momo said, placing her phone down on the table and letting Forever play loudly. Sana began to move in the way she saw the other girls, but she was clearly lacking in technique and timing, because Momo quickly paused the music and gave her a weird look.

“Are you okay?” Momo asked again. “We don’t have to do this. If you’re sick, you’re sick! You should relax.”

“Can you show me the dance again?” Sana asked sweetly. “I’ll just sit down for now.” She seated herself nicely on the couch so that Momo was standing in front of her.

“I can do your part, sure,” Momo supposed. “Just pay close attention to my hips. You need to move them a bit more dramatically.”

“I’ll pay close attention,” Sana assured. As Momo began to dance, she bit her lip as she intently studied Momo’s movements.

“Do you see how I’m—“ Momo began, but then stopped short when she noticed Sana’s expression.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Momo asked as she stopped dancing. She crossed her arms self-consciously and suddenly looked uncomfortable.

“What? Like you don’t like it?” Sana said under her breath. Then, more loudly, she simply smiled sweetly and batted her eyes at Momo. “Sorry, it’s just...you’re such an amazing dancer. And, you’re so beautiful.” And hot. But that was something Mina probably wouldn’t say out loud, ever.

At that last comment, Momo looked away and grew flustered. “T-thanks,” she replied, shrinking in on herself.

“Momo, come here,” Sana ordered, motioning for Momo to join her on the couch. Momo looked back and forth between her phone and Sana, as if she couldn’t decide what to do, but finally walked shyly over to the couch and sat down. There was a few inches between them, and Sana not-so-subtly slid over so that their shoulders were touching.

“We’re supposed to be pract—“ Momo began, but her voice caught in as Sana gently placed a hand on the left side of Momo’s face and slowly turned her head so that the two girls were facing each other. “Mina, what are you—“

Sana let her thumb gently trace the curve of Momo’s jaw and then her lips. Sana stared at Momo intently and Momo helplessly stared back. “You’re so beautiful,” Sana whispered again. “I can’t even stand it.”

Momo couldn’t even bring herself to say thank you. She was frozen in both fear and anticipation. All too aware of the short distance between their lips, Momo gulped. “You shouldn’t do that,” she finally stammered out.

“Do what?” Sana asked innocently, slowly dropping her hand from Momo’s face.

“Flirt,” Momo answered. Her eyes became downcast and instead she focused on the logo on Mina’s sweatshirt.

“Am I flirting?” Sana asked innocently again. This time her hand had found its way to Momo’s thigh. She lightly brushed Momo’s smooth, exposed skin.

“Yes,” Momo breathed out, but couldn’t help but shiver at Sana’s almost teasing touch.

“And why shouldn’t I...flirt?”

Momo looked down at Sana’s hand. “Because...we’re members and…”

“Do you like it though?” Sana asked in a low and husky voice. “Do you like me?”

Sana could see Momo nearly lose it for a second and she couldn’t help but smile at how easily Momo was affected by anything Mina did. Before Momo could formulate some sort of answer, Sana gripped the collar of Momo’s shirt and pulled her closer. She stared at Momo’s lips until they were only an inch apart, then she closed her eyes and their lips crashed together.

Momo groaned into Sana, letting her arms relax and find their way around Mina’s small waist. Their bodies were pressed against each other as their kiss deepened. Sana moved so that she was sitting on top of Momo’s lap, all without breaking their kiss.

Momo’s hands found Mina’s hair, and her fingers gently wrapped themselves through Mina’s dark brown strands. It went on for another minute before Momo regained some of her senses and put her hands against Sana’s chest, breaking them apart.

“No, no, no,” Momo cried out. “This can’t happen. What did you do? How could you?”

Sana fell to the side on the couch so that she was no longer on Momo’s lap. She looked at Momo in confusion and whined slightly. Momo quickly stood up, snatched her phone up off the table and ran into her room without another word.

“I was so close!” Sana muttered to herself. “What happened?” But then she realized…she didn’t feel any sort of positive energy radiating from Momo. Wasn’t she supposed to feel some sort of spark? It was enjoyable, sure, but there was nothing pointing to the fact that Momo was the one she needed to move on from Earth. Figures. Sana really wanted it to be Momo.

Sana sighed and leaned back against the couch. Well, it was worth a shot. Now, time to leave this body so that Mina could deal with the mess she just created. Sana closed her eyes and thought of jumping. She wrinkled her nose and grunted in effort. She opened her eyes though and found nothing had changed. “Seriously?” Sana groaned. “How long will I be stuck like this?”

“Mina?” a soft voice asked and Mina turned her head to see Tzuyu approaching her. “Are you okay? Momo ran into the room and she looked upset…”

“I’m...fine…” Sana replied. “Thanks for asking.”

“Do you mind me asking what happened?”

“I just couldn’t catch a break, again,” Sana said vaguely. Tzuyu didn’t press her for clarification. Well, it looks like Sana was stuck. She could only hope she could get out of this soon. But while she was here, she might as well try her luck with another girl. Jeongyeon maybe? Tzuyu looked a bit too young. There was Dahyun too…

As Sana considered her options, Tzuyu remained staring at her in worry.

“You’ve been acting really strangely,” Tzuyu admitted.

Sana simply shrugged. “New year, new me.”

“It’s April.”

“Well, you know what I mean.”

“Not really.”

Sana shrugged again. “Well, it might be a little bit before I’m back to normal again.” Sana wondered what she’d do if she was trapped here for another day. Would she be forced to find Jihyo and get her help? She knew if she told the shaman her predicament she’d probably get her ear pulled...that’d have to be a last resort.

Tzuyu left to go get something from the fridge, so Sana fell back against the couch and closed her eyes. She must have fallen asleep there, because that next thing she knew, someone was shaking her awake. Her eyes flew open as she saw Jeongyeon hovering above her.

“What are you doing out here?” the blonde ask. “Did you sleep here all night? You didn’t even change out of your clothes!” Jeongyeon scolded. “Hurry and wash up, Nayeon will be here soon.”

“I don’t...feel great…” Sana whined. Truthfully she was just still tired and wanted more sleep.

“Are you still sick?” Jeongyeon asked, suddenly concerned. “Should I tell Nayeon? You’ll have to it up through the photoshoot today though…”

Photoshoot? That could be pretty fun actually. Sana sat up and stretched. “I’ll go get ready now.” She got a look at Jeongyeon’s casual clothes and figured they’d dress up into something fancy wherever the photoshoot was taking place. She walked into the bedroom and noticed Momo was sitting on her bed on her phone. She smiled at Momo but Momo pretended she was too invested in her phone to smile back. Sana began to look through the closest in what she discovered was Mina’s section. The girl didn’t have many bright colors, but Sana wanted to dress lively. She pulled out a blue button up shirt, a light tan, long cardigan, and dark blue skinny jeans.

She went into the unoccupied bathroom and washed up before changing and spinning around in delight while looking at her reflection in the mirror. “Today’s the day,” she pointed to her reflection. “Mina, you’re gonna help me finish my unfinished business, and our next target is...Jeongyeon.”

_____________________________________________
 
Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my new fic! I had fun writing it! Let me know your thoughts below!