Stand by me

Realisation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG'S POV

My heart sank when Jin told me about his parents visiting. A constant fear of rejection and letting Jin as well as myself down had made me worried. They already thought that I'm not good enough for their only son but now Jin's current condition was also due to me.

"Hey I will always have your back!" Jin told me.

I managed to smile.

I prepared myself for their arrival with the limited time I had. Jin told me other things about them, likes and dislikes, what makes them angry.

2 days later

I was getting dressed up when I heard the door bell ring.

"This is it" I thought to myself.

I hurried downstairs and Jin was already waiting for me to open the door. He still couldn't walk properly so he was in the wheelchair.

I took him close to the door but before opening it, I kissed his forehead.

Understanding my state of mind, he squeezed my hand and said "Everything's going to fine. Don't worry we can handle everything together."

I opened the door and greeted the couple.

Jin had already shown me their photographs and Mr. Kim looked exactly like what I had in mind. Dressing in a simple suit, wearing the most humble smile on his face, he blessed me.

On the other hand, Mrs. Kim went directly towards his son. I understand that afterall. 

It took me no time to realise that Mr. Kim was a cool dude. Despite being the CEO of a hotshot company, owner of millions worth of shares, thousands of people working for him, he was a carefree person who knew some lame dad jokes to lighten up the mood but I could genuinely see the Twinkle in his eyes which made me happy.

But I still don't know what to say about his mom. She hasn't talked to me much, I hadn't forced it though. She was constantly asking Jin how he was and if I was taking his good care. 

After my formal introduction to both of them and discussing Jin's accident, the current recovery phase and his present condition, we sat down to eat on the dining table.

We both had made the food together and also every dish was their favourite. Jin had already told me about that.

While eating, conversation decreased and got limited to the food's appreciation.

"So Jin are you coming with us today?" Jin's mom spoke breaking the silence.

But what she had asked made me shook. I looked at Jin.

"Ah but why mom?"

"So that you can be taken care off properly which is not happening here."

"Mom I have told you many times I am doing fine and Taehyung takes care of me properly"

"Yea he should because he's the reason this even happened. Isn't it?"

I didn't say anything and watched Jin's expression change in a split second.

He said in a loud voice.

"Okay look mother, Tae has done everything he could have done until now and no I don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter