One more chance

Realisation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOKJIN'S POV

My eyes feel like they've been forcefully shut and a huge force acting on them making it difficult to open them.

I have a blurry vision but after I blink a few times, the things around me start to get a little clearer.

I think I've been sleeping for ages. Not a peaceful sleep but a painful one.

I look towards my right leg which is plastered and also observing the machines, ton of medicines and other medico stuff. 

I finally dawns on me that I was in that accident when I left the house in anger.

I also see taehyung sleeping, clutching my right hand. I try to get closer to him but it hurts so much to even move.

I whimper in pain and see Tae waking up a little. He's still very sleepy. 

"Taetae" I said trying to reach his face but to no avail. My throat hurts a lot too while trying to speak. 

Listening to my voice, Tae straightened up and stared at me in disbelief. Trying to believe what he was seeing and what he had just listened to. 

He came close and kept his hand on my cheek.

I smiled weakly, trying to speak. But he kept his finger on my lip stopping me from trying.

"Don't, you're still in pain." He said and sat in the same position still holding my hand.

I observed him mumbling something while keeping his other hand on his chest. I could tell how relieved and happy he was. Like he's been waiting for this moment for a long time. He kissed my hand but I still wanted to know a lot of things so I struggled to speak again.

"How did I end up here? " I asked and saw Tae's sudden change in expression.

He inhaled deeply like preparing for something big.

"I'm sorry Jin." And he started crying profusely.

So much so that I had to console him but I couldn't make out the reason.

"Why are you apologizing tae?" 

"You don't remember?"

And that's when I realised everything that happened on the day of our 6 month anniversary.

My cheesy preparations for the day, hickey on Tae's neck, slapping him, storming out of the house and finally the accident.

Now the whole picture was complete in my head.

But I wasn't angry on tae. I couldn't be. And I can't change anything that has already happened by putting the blame on him. Also I could see how much he felt guilty of that accident.

"So how much more days we have to spend in the hospital before my discharge?" I asked wiping away the tears from his face.

"We've been waiting for you to open your eyes for 8 days but Now that you've woken up, anytime soon!" He said smiling.

"Who are 'we'?"

"We as in me, the doctors and I also called your parents. They needed to know their son's condition. They also told me that they'll come to see you whenever they can"

"Really? That's great. It's been so long."

"Yea and hopefully they discharge you quickly so we can get to home and you take a lot of rest."

And that's what happened.

The next morning I got discharged from the hospital. When we were leaving, doctor told me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter