Chapter 2

Facebook

The rings from my phone disrupted my peaceful sleep.
 
'What is this?! Who's calling me at...'
 
I glance up the clock. Instantly, my eyes bulged open.
 
'It's already 10 AM?! Ohgod! I'm late for the presentation!'
 

Immediately, I reached for my phone. Predictably, it's Bom. She always calls me when I'm late. How many missed calls have I had from her? 15. Maybe.
 
I was right; 15 missed calls from Bom.
 
"Yeah. I know I'm late."
 
"So get you over here." Bom replied. I could tell she was rolling her eyes at me. But wait... Is she skipping class? She should still be in class right now.
 
"Are you skipping rope right now?" Skipping rope is what Bom and I define as skipping class. It makes us feel more like a child.
 
She chuckled. "Hello? Spare." Oh. Makes sense.
 
"Anyways, come to school now! I'm getting lonely huhu." Now it was my turn to chuckle. Nice "sound effects" Bommie.
 
"Kay. See you then!"
 
"Bye!"
 
And that was the end of our call; cuing me to start getting ready.
 


 
--
 


My soft curls bounced as I quickly walked to the school. Adding on to the curls, my innocent looking dress flowed with the slight breeze. The soft taps of my sandals echoed throughout the empty sidewalk.

 

Normally, I wouldn’t dress up so girly-like to school but this weekend, both the Kwon Jiyong guys accepted my friend request.  He’s kind of been in my mind lately. I know it’s a bit weird since I’ve never met him before, but there’s something about him that intrigues me. Not in the way that I’m interested about him, more so the fact that he doesn’t seem like your normal person; something doesn’t add up.

 

 

--

 

“Dara!” Someone interrupted my thoughts. Most likely Bom. As soon as I turned around, my question was answered. Yes. It was Bom.

 

“Bom! I’m sorry I’m late for our presentation! I didn’t mean to be late today but recently I’ve been –“

“It’s fine! Our group didn’t even need to present. All the other groups took too long.” Bom interrupted me before I could go on with my rant on how busy I’ve been lately.

 

“Thank god. I was super nervous about it.”

 

“What a lie,” Bom said while rolling her eyes. “You were probably thinking about Jiyong right?” A mischievous gleam in her eyes instantly became obvious.

 

“Aish. You caught me.” I decided to play along with her little fantasy of me liking him. It’s been about half a week since I added Jiyong on facebook. Since then, Bom had been bugging me about him. Questions like, “Do you like him?” or “What do you think about him?” have been the main topic of our chats recently. Honestly woman, do you really think I’m going to crush on a guy whom I’ve never met before? I’ve never even talked to him! I have to at least talk to the person before crushing on them. Heck! I don’t even know whether he’s real or not!

 

“Aha! I knew it!” She exclaimed while bouncing around like a monkey. Her pointer finger were directed right at me. If she had been making monkey noises, I swear people would take her as a monkey. No offence though. Not bothering to hide my embarrassment, I instantly blushed a deep red. I need to tame that girl.

 

“BOMMIE!! People are watching you now. Stop!”

 

In the end, Bom stopped. Thank goodness.

 

 

 

--

 

 

Finally, I arrived back home. As usual, Minji was already at the apartment. Normally we would go outside but this time, I went to help her pack up. I’m kind of heartbroken now. Itreally wasn’t just a nightmare. One of my best friends was moving away. Even though we’ve only known each other for 5 months, we’ve gotten way closer to each other. I guess opposites attract? She dances, I sing. She’s quiet, I’m crazy. She’s into books, I’m into movies.

 

Though, I’m somewhat excited. Who’s going to live here now? I’m hoping it’s an extremely hot guy who just happens to be around my age. Possibly? Well I can dream. Who knows? Maybe the dream will come true.

 

“Dara, can you pass me that bag over there?”

 

“Yeah sure,” Quickly, I got up to go get the bag. “Here you go.”

 

“You’re really moving huh?” I quietly asked.

“Yeah. I’m only going to stay here until the end of the month.”

 

“Only two more weeks, huh?”

 

“Yeah.” After that, we dropped the subject of Minji moving.

 

 

 

--

 

 

After turning on my laptop, I quickly logged in to facebook. Looking at my chat box, one of the Kwon Jiyongs’ was logged on. Without a minute passing by, I saw a chat box pop up. It said:

 

 

Kwon Jiyong

 

Hi (:

 

--

So there's the 2nd chapter! (: Sorry it was kinda late :/ I've been busy lately. Anyways, tell me what you think about it in the comments section and please suscrbie :D