Chapter 1

Facebook

"You ditched me for Chaerin. Truth or Lie?" I asked Bom. Basically, I ask Bom whether she's guilty of something or not and she tells me whether what I've said is the truth or a lie.We've never lied to each other in this game. We've never been offended by whatever we ask them. We've never held a grudge to each other because of this game. This is our way of being best friends; only we play this game.

 


"Truth." She replied in a whisper. Her head was hanging low and biting her lips, refusing to meet my gaze. Truth.

 

 

--

 


My parents moved back to Busan earlier this year. After hearing the news, I pleaded them to let me live here in Seoul alone. Thankfully, they agreed since it was my last year of highschool and I am going to university here. So, I live in an apartment and fortunately my neighbor as one of my best friends.

"Hey Minji-ah!" Gleefully, I greeted my neighbor.

"Dara-ah! I'm moving!"

"What? Why? When? I'll be alone!"

"My parents don't trust me enough living alone so they're sending me back this month."

"You'll still keep in touch though right?"

"Absolutely." With that statement, I immediately hugged her.

 

 


--

 

 


The time seemed to run away from my grasp as I didn't realize it's already been 6 hours since I started hanging out with Minji. It was already time to call my parents, my 10 o'clock weekly routine.

Soon enough, my parents' voices were emitted through the speaker phone while I checked on facebook.

Normally, all I hear from my parents are lectures from how much I spend on the phone. How ironic since they're calling me on the phone. Another thing is how they always see me on facebook. Another contradicting statement from then since they have to be on facebook to know that. I'm guessing they think I'm failing my subjects due to that. In actuality, I'm not failing my subjects; they assume I do. All the other things they say are, "Don't bring any boys in your apartment" or "Come visit us soon" By the end of the call, I always end up either listening to Bom's complaints about her love life or on facebook.

This time, I ended up doing both.

"Dara, I found this guy." Oh great. Yet another guy for Bom to fond over. I bet it'll only last 2 weeks. Max.

"He thinks you're pretty." Wait. What? Me? Nonsense.

"Who? Wait. How has he seen my picture anyway?" I curiously asked Bom.

"I showed him a picture of you. Since you don't like anyone right now, I thought I'd play matchmaker for a bit."

 

"Matchmaker? Me and him?"

 

"No duh. Who else could it be? Anyway, go look him up. I continuously and curiously asked Bom some basic question about him. For example, his name, his age, his looks, etc. In the end, I got quite intrigued by him.

 

Therefore, I went and looked him up.

 

What? There's two of them. Which one is it?

 

Well, I guess I'll just go add both of the Kwon Jiyongs' facebook.

 

 

--

 

 

Short update (: This one is kind of boring and stuff :/ The next one will be longer for sure thoo.

I also changed the title to Facebook.