fin.05

1440

 

 

 

**Highly recommend to read this chapter while listening to ASTRO (아스트로) — Your Love (사랑이)**

 


 

It has been a week since Yoojung left the world. All the properties owned by Choi's family has been transferred to Minhyuk based on Yoojung's last will as if she knows she's going to die. 

Minhyuk twisted the door knob of a room and entered it. He looked around the room and couldn't help himself but smile. He approached the study table located beside the bed. He took a sit on the chair there and sighed. A journal on the table caught his attention. He grabbed the journal and open it to read it.

Own by Choi Yoojung. Don't read it or you will die.

Minhyuk chuckled. He went to another page.

It has been 10 years since dad left me. I miss him. I miss my dad...

"I'm glad that you finally meet your dad in heaven,"

He flipped the journal page by page; some of the contents make him smile and there's some of the contents choke him into tears.

"To Rocky?"
 


To Rocky a.k.a Park Minhyuk,

Hi, Minhyuk. I bet you found my journal and you're reading through it. And I'm really sure you read this when I was already gone from the world because you won't have any chance to read it if I'm still alive. Hm. It's kind of awkward to left a letter to you but I need to do it because I'm afraid... I'm afraid that I didn't say the words I want to say out loud before I die... At least with this letter you would know what I feel about you.

To be honest, Minhyuk, if you want to know... I know I'm going to die within 30 days. I know it may sound silly to you because the truth behind this thing is I ing believe what the fortune-teller told me. And you know what? She also said that I will die in regret because I didn't tell things I want to say to someone. So I bet I haven't said that I like you to you before I die right? Damn.


So, that's why I'm here. To the boy who saved me from drowning in the ocean. To the boy who decided to bet on his life and protect me. To the boy who was willing to do anything for a fool girl like me. To the boy who throw himself into a pit of danger to save me. To the boy who actually owns my heart for 12 years long. Yes, it's you, Park Minhyuk, it has always been you.

From the first moment till the last moment, it's only you who has been on my mind. It's sad to know that I couldn't spend more time with you... I should've do it if I know I was going to leave this early... I swear to God, I never expected to leave the world so early but at the same time I feel excited because I can finally see both of my parents! They must be waiting for me up there, right Minhyuk?

Minhyuk... I want to thank you for everything you had done for me. Thank you for protecting me. Thank you for being by my side through thick and thin. Thank you for saving me from darkness. Thank you for everything... Words won't enough to express how thankful and grateful am I to have you by my side for 12 years.


12 years weren't a short time. There's a lot of things we went through together. Do you remember when I was about to fall from horse and you're there to catch me on time? God, just imagine if you weren't there to catch me, I might die on the spot and couldn't survive till now. And you'll be alone a little bit earlier. Hehe.

I'm sorry for not telling you this thing earlier. How great it would be if I could confess my feelings towards you earlier so everything will be just fine. But... I need to admit that I was a little bit afraid... I'm afraid that you might push me away if I confess my feelings towards you. I'm afraid if you will ask me to keep the barrier we had between us... I'm afraid of losing you, Minhyuk.

Yet, here I am, confessing my feelings to you in a mere letter...

Just do know, Minhyuk, 

The smile you gave me back then is the one who kept me alive...

I'm sorry...

For not being there...

When you need me the most...

Goodbye, love...

 


"Choi Yoojung," The only words came out from his lips as he let out the tears flowing out from his eyes.