fin.03

1440

 

 

 

"What are you going to do if I die today?"

Minhyuk frowned, "What are you talking about?" Is this why Yoojung has been acting weird since morning? What the hell is she talking about?

Yoojung shook her head in slow motion as she let out a slight smile, "Nothing. Let's go," She put her arms around Minhyuk's and walked.

But Minhyuk stopped himself immediately, "What the hell is wrong with you?" He held both of her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. He needs an explanation now, or never.

"Can we just go?" Yoojung tried to avoid the stare given by Minhyuk by looking at somewhere else. 

Minhyuk gave up in forcing the girl and just followed her instruction. Afterall, he is still working for Yoojung. Yoojung paid him every month.

 


 

They ended up infront of the park which Yoojung often come with her father back then when she's still a child. It's amusing how she could remember every single little things she did with her father, "I miss dad," Yoojung mumbled.

Minhyuk put his arms around the girl's shoulders, "Hey, there's me beside you okay?" His dimple could be seen plastered on his face.

"How great if I could stay a little bit longer..." 5 hours left till the moment her soul will be taken out from her body, "I should've done this earlier," She stared at Minhyuk's face who was busy admiring the sceneries infront of him, "I will miss you, Rocky," She shed the tears that was about to come out from her eyes.

"What did you say?" Minhyuk swifted his eyes to the girl but Yoojung just smiled, "Where do you want to go?" He asked and linked both of their hands together. 

Yoojung blushed over his small gestures but acted cool with it, "Anywhere," She answered and Minhyuk started to drag her to somewhere around the park.

As they're walking around, both of them stayed quiet as if they're trying to give each other some space to have their own thoughts but then Minhyuk started the conversation, "You have something to tell me, right?" He asked, "But you're afraid that I might get hurt?"

The girl stayed quiet.

Minhyuk sighed, "Are you going to fire me?" He paused, "Is that why you're hesitating?" 

Yoojung quickly shook her head as she denied his words, "Do you remember what I told you back then when we're still in school?"

It took few seconds for Minhyuk to process the statement before he could remember the thing means by Yoojung, "Do you mean," Yoojung cut his words by nodding her head.

 


 

"Just know that you're the reason for me to stay alive,"

"Me?"

"Yes, you, Park Minhyuk,"

"I told you to not call me Minhyuk," He looked around as he was afraid someone might hear it.

Yoojung chuckled, "Yah, there's no one around here. If there's someone here, I won't call you Minhyuk, silly," She said in a tease manner.

Minhyuk passed a glare to the girl infront of her, "You're really annoying, Choi Yoojung," He put his arms around the girl's neck to choke her.

"Let me go, Rocky," She hit the boy's arms; begging him to let her go because she could feel that she had a hard time to breath at the moment, "I can't breath, Rocky. Let me go now, or I will ing fire you today, right at this moment," The threats by Yoojung automatically makes the boy to let the poor girl go. Yoojung lost balance on her legs and almost fell onto the ground before Minhyuk managed to grab her wrist and save her from any unnecessaries injury; though it's actually Minhyuk's actual job.

 


 

"Thank you for today, Minhyuk," She said as they're admiring the night view in Seoul. Yoojung excused herself to go to toilet.

But little things she knows, Minhyuk stopped her from moving anywhere further, "Wait," He held onto her wrist as if he will never let her go, "I have something to tell you. I feel like if I didn't tell it today, I will regret it," Yoojung was waiting for his next words patiently, "I like you. No, I love you, Choi Yoojung. Since, 12 years ago, when we met each other for the first time at the beach,"

Yoojung gulped. That's what she was supposed to say today... How can she forgot about that, "So you want to say that you like me?" She blinks her eyes for many times as she still couldn't believe that Minhyuk just ing confess, right infront of her.

He nodded, "Yes," He paused, "I just feel that I will regret it if I didn't say it today," Minhyuk didn't know why but Yoojung has been acting so weird today; though he didn't want to think bad about it but he couldn't help himself from doing that.

The girl smiled, "Thank you for liking me," A bead of tears flowing out from her eyes. 

Minhyuk wiped the tears using his fingers, "Why are you crying? You know that you've been acting so weird the whole day right? What's wrong with you, Yoojung? If there's anything wrong, tell me," It's more like he's forcing her to spill out the truth, "Please don't cry. I'm here for you," He pulled her into his embrace. Minhyuk lost count on how many times he hugged Yoojung today.

"Thank you," The only words that could come out from Yoojung's lips with the remaining time; 20 minutes. She silently broke the hug and fixed her gaze on Minhyuk. She smiled before she tip-toeing her foot to put a peck on Minhyuk's lips.

The situation went awkward for few minutes but Minhyuk managed to control it, "Wait here, I'm going to buy some hot pack," He said and left to the mini mart nearby.

Yoojung took a peek on her phone screen, 5 minutes to go. She didn't know how will she die, all she knows she will die in 5 minutes. Maybe she will die because of coldness somehow. She thought. Yoojung couldn't wait any more, she needs to go to toilet and settle her business. She looked around to find for toilet and she could see there's a toilet across the road.

The traffic light was coincidentally green in colour. Yoojung rushed herself to cross the road that she didn't realize there's a car in high speed was heading towards her. The car's light bulb caused her to stop walking. Within a second, all she knows she was already up on the sky; before she fell onto the ground.

This is the way I'm going to die...

And the time keeps ticking... 3... 2... 1... 0.............................................................................................................................

 


 

Minhyuk walked towards the place he left Yoojung behind with few hot packs in his hand. When he was about to cross the road, he could see people crowding at the middle of the road. It grabbed his attention so he decided to take a look it. He went through the people to get a better view and as soon as he reached the front view, all he could see a girl was laying on the road with blood all over her head. He squinted his eyes before tears slowly formed, "Yoo," He stuttered, "Yoojung,"

He rushed himself to the lifeless girl and put her head on his lap. His hand is full with blood, "Yoojung," He tried to wake up the girl but there's no respond from the girl, "Choi Yoojung," He shook the girl's body but still no respond.

A stream of tears kept running down his cheeks, "Yoojung, wake up. Choi Yoojung, don't left me alone here. I need you, Choi Yoojung, so please wake up, I'm begging," He caressed the girl's hair, "I asked you to wait for me. What are you doing here, Choi Yoojung? God please, tell me this isn't true. Choi Yoojung, wake up!!!" He shouted the words out loud in hope that it could wake her up but she still closed her eyes tightly.

"I'm sorry because I couldn't protect you, Choi Yoojung," He paused, "It's all my fault. It's all my fault," His voice getting slow by time as he was crying so hard, "I'm sorry,"