fin.01

1440

 

 

 

"How nice if I could stay for another day?" Yoojung muttered alone under her breath as she took a look at the breathtaking view infront of her.

Like a baby crawling to its mother, the waves roll back and forth from the gritty shore. The water is rough, rougher than usual. The ocean breeze whispers like a lover, placing salty kisses on her cheek and tousling her long brown hair. It reminds her when the first time she came here back then, she's really having a hard time though at that moment.

To lose her father at the age of 7 years old sure brought a lot of pain in herself. And to realize that her mum already leave her when she's 1 second old. Live her life as the heir of Choi legacy, she didn't sure what she was supposed to do and what's not.

Though she's not the biological daughter to them but since they don't have any other child around, so obviously Yoojung will inherit all of those wealth owned by Choi family. She wasn't sure if she really worthy to get those but there's nothing she could do when that's written on her father's will.

"Hey," A tapped on the shoulders woke her up from the long day-dream. She turned around to see a boy with ash-grey hair and small dimple plastered on his cheeks. Yoojung smiled, "Are you okay?" The boy asked as he took a sit beside Yoojung.

Yoojung nodded her head and turned her attention back to the sea infront of her, "Do you remember the first time we met here?" She asked.

The boy smiled upon the question, "Of course, I do. You're about to get yourself into trouble by then," He claimed and chuckled to remember the past.

"You mean, I tried to kill myself back then," Yoojung corrected his statement.

 


 

Yoojung was standing alone without any companion beside her. Today, she lost her father due to an accident she didn't know whether it has been planned by someone or it's just bound to happen. She knows that there's a lot of people around her, hates her family and wants their wealthness. 

Maybe that's why Yoojung couldn't trust human; basically. There's no one in this world she could believe.

She walked step by step towards the ocean infront of her. She didn't know why but she felt the urge to go into the water and forget about all the pain she feels at the moment temporarily. But once she got into the water, she wasn't sure if it's really going to be a temporary or forever.

She closed her eyes as she took a step into the water. Step by step and she could feel her legs were already half in the water. Till this moment, she has no guts to open her eyes and see the view infront of her. As she could feel that the water level reached her waist, she stopped.

Is she doing a right thing now?

As if there's a devil whispered into her ears, she continued her journey to the middle of the ocean in hope that it could take her pain away in instant. That's when suddenly, someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the water. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The boy shouted out loud; luckily there's no one around as it's almost dark. 

Yoojung slowly opened her eyes and could see a boy with ash-grey hair standing infront of her, "Who are you?" She stuttered.

The boy rolled his eyes, "Do you realize what kind of stupid thing you did just now?" He knows he had no connection with the girl; he will soon but he never thought that the girl would try to take her life away.

Though life is hard, everything will be okay by time. That's what he believes in.

"Who the hell are you to care what am I going to do?" Yoojung clenched her fist as she gritted her teeth, "There's no point to be in this cruel world anymore if it's only going to give pain to me," She claimed.

He sighed, "Why do you think it will only give you pain? You could be happy if you want to,"

"What do you mean by that? I lost my whole world. I lost my mother, I lost my father and now I'm going to lose myself because there's no one going to be by my side. No one," She burst into tears.

The boy pulled her into his embrace, "But," He paused, "You have me, now and forever. I will stay by your side and I promised you I will always be here for you," He managed to assure the girl using his words.

Yoojung who was still sobbing silently pulled her body away from the hug and looked at the boy's face with her bloated eyes, "But who are you anyway?"

He smiled upon the question.

 


 

"And here we are right?" He smiled.

Yoojung replied it with a smile, "Well, I couldn't deny that I'm here because of you," She said.

The boy ruffled her hair, "Good thing you know that, Choi Yoojung,"

She chuckled to his words, "Minhyuk, I am always grateful that you stay by my side through thick and thin. I know how annoying I could be when I was not in mood and you're still there beside me," She paused; trying to hold back her tears, "Thank you, Minhyuk. Seriously."

Minhyuk frowned, "Yoojung," He grabbed both of her shoulders, "Why are you acting so weird? Are you going somewhere?" He was getting worried over the girl.

Yoojung quickly shook her head, "Where can I go though?" Her lips formed a slight smile, "I feel dizzy, I'll go first okay?" 

 


 

'Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy,'

Yoojung remembered the words her father said 10 years ago, "I'm trying so hard, father. I am. But there's nothing I could do when I will die within 24 hours. What should I do now?" She sighed, before slammed her body on the bed.