How These Kids Got A House

King’s Amazing Residence of Love

"What are you wearing to the party tomorrow?” Lisa asks, rifling through her closet.

I don’t know yet,” Yoojung replies slowly, painting her nails a bright pink. “Might wear that floaty dress. The one that looks less like a wedding dress.”

"Hm.” Lisa mulls over her friend’s choice. Suddenly, the door to her room flies open, admitting Yerim and Celia.

"Are we talking about Jungkook’s party?” Yerim asks, sitting down on the carpeted floor. “I’m wearing the green one.”

"So you can seduce him?” Lisa cackles, taking out a black gown. “You, Celia?”

Celia snickers at Yerim's flustered response. “The red one,” she answers. “I know Sana’s wearing her red one too, so we’ll be twinning.”

"What do you think Changkyun’ll wear?” Yoojung asks, waving her hand in the air to dry the nail polish. “Last time, he wore an orange suit, and I swear, his parents looked like they were ready to murder him.”

The room falls silent as the girls think. “I predict purple,” Yerim says confidently. “He doesn’t dare up Jungkook’s party.”

"Yeah, sounds legit,” Lisa agrees. “The thing is, Jungkook wouldn’t mind pale blue, but his parents would.”

"Nah, Daehwi’s going to wear light blue.” Yoojung blows on her nails again. “He told me.”

Celia chuckles. “Wonder what our party boy’s going to wear?” she asks. “He has like ten thousand suits, and all of them are black.”

Yerim shakes her head. “What a bore,” she declares, but Yoojung immediately retorts, “You still love him.”

"We all love him,” Yerim insists. “Don’t you have to get ready?”

***

"Let’s welcome the main star of the day, Mr. Jeon Jungkook!”

On the balcony, Changkyun snorts, throwing back his glass of champagne. “He’s ridiculous,” he mutters.

"As if you’re not?” Sana appears next to him, smirking. “I can say with certainty that you look a hell of a lot more ridiculous than he does.”

5OXqLFtq6GeAhI4UZz-cSRmZmtQxRrppYCxG3HfYS_w4c8KFpVjOa_nZuYyUAEJzzd0lQAUJNdJFRJniDnPdhB2BkeodJMZ2VqeX1p0gjXRqwTL8cmI0DKeryE7X1IG0KYs9MSFG

"It’s just a Pac-Man suit,” he sighs, running a hand through his hair. “I don’t understand why everyone’s so caught up on it.”

8C1lWVPX0nJ0hPQJLs267cVbHnvZGIgx79kz0upPNRygJyKMSi2fSo3nsOjDKJ2iXnyF6yrqkKGIJlL2TTTE2KVm_-UyyV6A88AtZU6bj2ihTKA0Iu1tGBmbhEl-IlXcTc235nAU

"I wonder why.” Sana leaves, and Changkyun goes back to watching the events playing out underneath him. Celia catches his eye, as her dress looks almost identical to Sana’s, and beside her is Yerim.

HqcYVBQR3ySyyGvgYPpARtqrLe8QY_AXNrN-HjKyARY8vWWx2HOpMptHgbFzBCvbUTy52vEsMF3wV4ZtUTj3JKb3C8OJenxzri29BFCnHz7Gl0uByXvqpAoFFFd9aBm4JreGeQfrYfuklv4B2b2MOFKZfGedXbTyxejlTybWsLUhYPCHp_KCB9eB7H_mzr_tUH_TOVNa0PGe8ikmQz-BKXIz_QWC07BVPb_BQTXWIWI8eL1jgp1hEG0315k2d2y4wnAivFXEKY8CNYzt

"Christmas,” he mutters, downing yet another shot of champagne. They seem to be talking to Jungkook and Daehwi, who are about as contrasting a match as can be.

0vancaFxpVJ-rFMhUWDB6E7Ovg7fZncMDTxIqucNSMptlItWq0vID4RJQdcseI9zmzoOip7EEELd3PbhWsa_NLLG4UeI7N2n8qbY6dcjoSU03uamq8CYYtyJiIbOkT4MO9auQd_yH3bw8APxp33FLpPkcjBlIxpI005tYHXbSYeCN8e303243-K27jAP6KVOFAMyNy6Vu_kPlN7divAao97KWLIkJztIhibr4CrL2zeJe-EMcq-TEmuU1hh8qwoSrlYlIrBmnexFpgC9

There should be two more… ah, there they are. Changkyun doesn’t know if it’s the alcohol messing with his mind, but Lisa and Yoojung look like they’re getting married.

ZDTOCkZyag7vGf99YW_eE9yG5d8AtR-Imok29Tf3JXvdO2zFhTP2bWLCh5D-EuHslY1HJU0n4m4j91chuUicJyJYfBAzhN36HQDtx2Pu9FSi0LEmW2NNCbpO26T-jK4DPJpgsO59vwwRHNhvtrM7BtDlMlB9Rpdk5eCFxtEgxBRl3VKk6Cy8a60GSbuj5rJ4A7O0J-bdxyAy3TMoJgef6EBXsBhV2zxaUnh94em6eNo3PRG9tsJr4TMTItWdVK4Zy7T65LbqEFQ07

Before he knows it, all of his friends are looking up at him, and he raises his eyebrows. Unfortunately, that’s the last thing he remembers before passing out on the balcony.

***

"You bet your that’s the last time he’s going to drink.”

He has a headache. A painful headache. One that seems to be more than just a hangover.

"You are correct,” he croaks out, eyes still closed. “I am never drinking again, mark my words. Where am I?”

Silence. Then, someone huffs, likely out of amusement.

"Still at the party, .” Changkyun winces. Lisa’s voice is much too bright for his sensitive ears to handle. “You got dead drunk and passed the out, so we hid you.”

"God bless every single one of you,” Changkyun sighs, forcing his eyelids open. “Can anyone explain why my head hurts so badly?”

Yerim snorts. “It’s a hangover,” she explains. “Sauce also hit you, by the way, because you looked stupid.”

Changkyun sighs. “Your face looks stupid,” he mutters, and Celia laughs.

"You smell funny,” she retorts.

(Baekhyun laughs because that’s a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean. Changkyun judges him.)

Yoojung, laying down on the bed, coughs. “That’s great and all,” she says, bored, “but can we watch a movie or something? Jungkook doesn’t have a hugeass TV in his room for nothing.”

Lisa barks out a laugh. “He only uses it to watch .”

"Oh, yes.” Changkyun pushes himself up to a sitting position. “I love . Let’s watch .”

Silence. Six faces look at him in disgust. “No,” Daehwi says vehemently. “We are not watching .”

"Oh yeah,” Changkyun says, noticing something. “Did Jungkook die?”

"He’s obligated to greet the guests, Kyun.” Sana grabs a random movie off the shelves. “Did Sauce hit you so hard you lost your memory? ”

Changkyun’s about to answer, but the loud 20th Century Fox intro blasts a hole through his head, and he slides back into bed. “I need to pee,” he declares, swinging his legs off the bed and accidentally kicking Yerim. “Sorry.”

***

Jungkook finds his friends halfway through Deadpool.

"That’s not fair!” he hisses, making his way through the tangle of legs and bodies to sit down on his bed beside Changkyun. “Someone could have told me!”

"And disappoint your parents?” Yoojung snarks. “Jungkook, you have a reputation to uphold.”

"Marvel above all,” Jungkook whispers, settling down to watch his fourth favorite movie of all time. Unfortunately, he sees that Celia and Lisa, at least, do not enjoy the masterpiece as much as he does, because they’re already asleep. Sana looks like she’s nodding off too, and even Changkyun seems like he’d rather snooze.

By the time Ajax kidnaps Vanessa (which takes place approximately ten minutes after Jungkook enters the room), Jungkook feels his own eyelids drooping.

He wants to keep it together for Deadpool, but he just… can’t… help it…

***

"Dudes, yesterday was great, though!” Jungkook screams, eyes focused on something out of screen. “Wait one second I’m killing Mei.”

Changkyun doesn’t answer, and Sana knows he’s also playing Overwatch. “The party?” she asks, putting her book down. “Jungkook, your parties are always great.”

"I think he means Deadpool,” Yerim explains, hugging Simba. “His second favorite hero, you know.”

"Nah.” Jungkook pauses for a full five seconds, tongue sticking out of his mouth. Then, screaming in frustration, he leans back in his chair. “I meant sleeping in a room together.”

His words wipe the smug look off of Changkyun’s face. “My dude, no offense at all, but that’s a bit creepy.”

"Coming from you.” Celia retorts. “I agree, it was fun.”

"You fell asleep two minutes into the movie.” Yoojung scribbles something down in her binder. “What’s the chemical formula for alcohol again?”

"C2H6O,” Changkyun answers promptly, examining his fingernails. “Ethanol.”

"Thanks.” The group skype falls silent for a bit, and then Sana asks, “Where’s Daehwi?”

"His parents dragged him out to get a new uniform.” Jungkook takes off his headphones. “He’s growing too quickly. At this rate, he’ll surpass me!”

"He’s a full three inches shorter than you, Kook.” Sana sighs, flopping backwards onto her bed. “I don’t think you need to worry. At any rate, Yoojung’s still the shortest.”

" ,” Yoojung replies without missing a beat. “Celia’s about as short as I am.”

"Half an inch taller,” Celia smirks. “Take that, shortass.”

"Okay, but sleeping together in a room!” Jungkook interrupts excitedly, waving his arms. “Guys, imagine all the fun we could do!”

Silence. Changkyun huffs in amusement.

"Four of us still go to school,” he points out, “and the rest of us don’t even have jobs.”

"You do.”

Changkyun rolls his eyes. “I work at a ing Dillard’s.” He’s about to say more, but Sana speaks up.

"Jungkook’s right, though.” She props herself up on her elbows. “It would be a lot of fun, doing whatever we want, living together in a group.”

"Sana!” Changkyun can’t believe it. “You realize we’d have to look after them!”

Sana shrugs, but her sentence is interrupted by Lisa’s entrance.

"What’d I miss?” she asks, reading Changkyun’s face. “Someone piss him off again?”

"We should all live in a house together,” Yerim says. “He doesn’t much like the idea.”

Lisa raises her eyebrows. “But I agree,” she says casually. “You’re all little s that I wouldn’t very much like to live with.”

"What?” Yoojung’s head snaps up. “How can you say that? We’re your best friends! And anyway, let’s take a vote, majority wins.”

"For the idea!” Jungkook, Celia, Yerim, Sana, and Yoojung’s hands shoot up. Changkyun buries his face in his hands, and Lisa shrugs.

"Oh well,” she says. “We can try it out, Kyun. It might turn out well.”

"I pray to God it will.”

***

"We need to go house hunting,” Jungkook pesters. “I mean, our parents said we could!”

Changkyun puts down his phone and glares at his friend. “Not right now,” he snaps. “I’m getting ready to go to dinner.”

Jungkook smirks and sits down on Changkyun’s bed. “Right,” he snickers. “This Yoo Kihyun guy you knew at school. How come we never knew about him, huh?”

"Because he’s my friend and not yours.” Changkyun shoots up and pushes Jungkook out of his room. “Go bother Sana.”

Jungkook goes and bothers Sana.

"We need to find a house,” he whines, flopping facedown on her bed. “I want to live with everyone…”

Sana rolls her eyes. “Can you wait for the weekend?” she asks, prying him off of her sheets. “The kids have school.”

"Ew.” Jungkook slides off the bed. “School.”

***

"...and here we have a large house built in the Gothic style.”

"Pass.” Changkyun doesn’t even have to look to know that he’ll hate it. “Something more modern, please. With a touch of classic.”

The real estate agent sighs through his nose. “Sir, that’s very specific.” He rifles through his papers. “What about this one? It’s a modern villa but includes classical Greek elements.”

Changkyun skims the document. “I want to see it.”