Baekhyun Regrets Life Pt. 1

King’s Amazing Residence of Love

At around three in the afternoon, Lisa begins to scream at everyone.

“WAKE UP, YOU ASSES! WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY!”

“I mean, aren’t we technically at Disney already?” Lisa throws a pillow at Jungkook.

“Y’all already know I haven’t posted since April.” She rummages in her purse. “I NEED this.”

Jungkook groans and pulls himself up out of bed. He stumbles to the other bed and shakes Yerim and Yoojung’s sleeping forms. “Guys, we need to get up.” Without making sure that his friends have gotten up, Jungkook leaves for the living room. He sees the older members already awake and getting ready. Sana flashes him a smile.

“Hey, Kookie,” she says, blow-drying her hair. “Are those two up yet?”

“Nope.” Jungkook peeks into the mirror to fix his own bedhead. “Where are we going today?”

Changkyun gently pushes Jungkook out of the way, camera in hand, in order to film Sana. “And here we have a wild Sana in her natural habitat: in front of the mirror. And there we have a wild Jungkook in his natural habitat: pestering the wild Sana.”

Sana snorts, putting the hairdryer down and turning to face the camera. “And here,” she laughs, “is a wild Changkyun in his natural habitat: stalking the wild Sana.”

Jungkook has to hold in a laugh as Changkyun struggles to come up with a retort. “Well, maybe the wild Changkyun and Sana are one of those symbiotic relationships,” he finally says. “You know, like the clownfish and the anemone?”

“Which one’s which?” laughs Yoojung, walking through the door just in time to catch the end of the conversation.

“I call the clownfish!” Sana rolls her eyes. “Changkyun’s not smart enough to be it.”

“But-”

“I agree with her.” Celia pops in. “Changkyun’s only job is to stand there and look pretty. Sana does all the hard work.” Changkyun sputters, trying to deny it, but everyone’s laughing already.

“I mean, how smart is a clownfish either?” Yerim cackles. Sana smacks her arm good-naturedly.

“Still smarter than Changkyun.”

Amidst the chaos, Baekhyun whispers to Daehwi, “What’s with all these cameras?”

Daehwi whispers back, “We have a Youtube channel.”

“How come I’ve never seen these?”

Daehwi shrugs. “It’s a big house, plus you’ve only been with us for like two weeks.”

***

As they walk in, Baekhyun gets war flashbacks… to the Costco Incident. Plus, the place is loud enough on its own, but plus the kids’ screaming, his head might as well just split open right now.

“Let’s go on the Splash Mountain”

“But what about the doll one?”

“No, that’s creepy!”

“Let’s go on the pirate ride!”

“JACK SPARROW!”

“Are you kidding me? No.”

“Haunted mansion!”

Baekhyun feels his world collapsing inward, until he just cannot take it anymore. “Guys, let’s just choose something we all like, alright? How about Indiana Jones?” Hearing no complaints, he sighs in relief. Indiana Jones, it is.

Baekhyun herds the group towards the ride, mentally facepalming as nearby visitors give them weird looks as the kids gush over the ‘beautiful scenery’ and ‘incredible flora’ lining the corridor leading to the ride.

“Wait, guys,” he calls as they reach the lining-up section. “There are four seats per row…”

“We’re riding together!” Celia calls, latching onto Yerim and Yoojung. Jungkook tags along too, and the other four kids group together. Baekhyun can only sigh worriedly, lining up in the row behind them.

After they get strapped in, Baekhyun closes his eyes and waits for the ride to start moving. As soon as it does, however, Yoojung screams and clings onto Yerim. As if triggered into motion, Daehwi and Changkyun also scream, both clinging onto Sana.

Baekhyun sighs. They’ve literally only started moving…

***

As Yoojung, Daehwi, and Changkyun scream at the talking Buddha head, Baekhyun rolls his eyes and leans back in the seat. He’ll admit, the spooky atmosphere offsets his mood a little bit, but seriously? It’s just a ride.

They progress, and Baekhyun shivers, rubbing his arms to keep warm. As the familiar Indiana Jones music starts playing, however, he smiles to himself and relaxes. He does have a mini heart attack when the cart suddenly starts rolling down a small slope, but whatever goes, it is an amusement park ride.

He’s not really able to enjoy the rest of the ride due to the incessant screams of his charges, and he’s perhaps too glad when they finally get off.