Baekhyun Regrets Life Pt. 2

King’s Amazing Residence of Love

Baekhyun’s not even sure how many times they rode Splash Mountain. As the raft creeps towards the drop, he feels his stomach getting sick for the umpteenth time that day.

“Guys, let’s ride something else, yeah? We have so many other rides to visit--why don’t we go find the others?”

“We have a whole week at Disney we can go on this as many times as we liiIIIIIKKKKEEEEE-” Jungkook’s voice gets cut off by the sudden drop.

***

Celia’s voice rises as she argues with Jungkook. “We are not going on Splash Mountain for the twenty seventh time! Baekhyun’s getting sick of it! Hell I’m getting sick of it!”

“Well we have to follow the majority opinion!” Jungkook retorts. Yoojung and Yerim cheer in the background.

“We can go ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride again! It’s not fun to go on the same ride over and over!”

Jungkook says something about them going on Pirates of the Caribbean twenty eight times but Baekhyun only freezes.

War flashbacks.

They went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride earlier that day. He doesn’t remember too much about the ride itself because of the kids’ screeching (mainly Celia) during the entire thing.

Somehow, Celia had managed to force herself to the seat next to Baekhyun. He let her sit there. There weren’t any other seats in the raft anyways, so of course, he let her.

He regretted it immediately.

Baekhyun’s pretty sure he’s gone partially deaf from her screams. Honestly, the ride wasn’t even that scary!

Shaking himself out of his reverie, Baekhyun’s expression darkens. “No,” he decides. “We’re riding Splash Mountain again.”

***

There’s nothing Baekhyun wants to do more than plop down onto his bed and sleep for fourteen hours, but Celia drags him out of bed after they (he assumes) all showered.

“It’s 1AM for gods sake! Don’t you all need to sleep or something?”

Celia shakes her head. “We rode on Splash Mountain all day. We literally have no video material.” Video material? Oh right, they do Youtube.

“Even so, why do I have to be in this? You kids can make the video by yourselves. I’m going to sleep.” Baekhyun tries to flop down again, but this time, Changkyun shakes him awake.

“You’re part of us now. Being part of our videos is part of your job!” Changkyun giggles. Baekhyun sorts through his mind. He’s pretty sure it was never in the contract. In fact, the contract only had 3 sentences on it: “Work for us. Please? Sign here _____”

“It was never on the co-”

“HEY GUYS!” Daehwi’s enthusiastic voice booms throughout the rooms. “TODAY WE’RE GONNA PLAY TRUTH OR DARE! Oh, and we’ll introduce you to our new housekeeper too!”

Lisa, sitting to his left, nudges him to speak.

“Oh, hi. I’m Byun Baekhyun.” He waves awkwardly at the camera in Daehwi’s hand. Jungkook takes it from him to put it on a tripod set up an the front of the room. Then, he brings out a familiar-looking hat.

“We’ll draw names from the hat to choose who to ask.” Yoojung goes first and chooses Yerim.

“Truth or dare?”

“Uhhh…” This goes on for several seconds before she finally chooses “dare.”

“I dare you...to do the makeup of the person to your left.”

“So… You?”

Yoojung facepalms. “I’m to your right. You miss one day of school and suddenly you forget the difference between left and right.”

The others laugh, and Yerim, red to the face, says, “Well, the person on my left is Changkyun and I really didn’t think you meant him--”

“I want it,” Changkyun’s voice pipes up, and everyone’s heads whip towards him.

“Wait… What? Are you sure?” When Changkyun nods, the room explodes with laughter. Yerim grabs her (Lisa’s) makeup pouch and starts to work, still shaking with laughter.

***

“...This isn’t right.” Lisa looks a little scared.

“What do you mean not right? I’m more beautiful than all of you.” Changkyun flips his hair(?) over his shoulder. “What’s that place called? Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo? I’m gonna schedule an appointment tomorrow.”

Ignoring Changkyun (and covering her eyes), Sana shoves the hat into his hands. “Just choose!”

Changkyun draws Celia’s name. “Soooo...Who’s your crush?”

Celia’s face visibly pales. “UHH YERIM!” She shoves her hand into the hat before anyone can call out her bull. “OH, IT’S YERIM AGAIN! HAHAHA TRUTH OR DARE?”

“Dare?”

***

“Jungkook!” Yerim runs to his side, cradling his head in her lap. “What happened to you?” she chokes out, unable to control the tears running down her cheeks.

Jungkook’s hand reaches out to cradle her face, the other hand at his chest in an unsuccessful attempt to staunch the gaping wound. “Don’t worry about me. They can’t hurt you anymore.”

“No… why would you do this? I could have handled them by myself.” Yerim sobs, covering her face with her hands.

Jungkook smiles, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear. “I did this because I wanted to. I only have a few minutes left.”

“N-No, you’re gonna be okay… The ambulance will come… Please, Jungkook, stay with me, just a little bit longer.”

“Don’t lie to yourself, Yerim.” Jungkook coughs in agony. “You and I both know that I don’t have much time left.”

“Jungkook…”

“Be a good girl and listen to me, okay? I only have one thing I need to tell you.”

Yerim nods, biting on her lip. Jungkook leans in despite the evident pain.

Delete my browser history.”

Daehwi screeches with laughter, kicking his legs, breaking the silence. Yerim breaks character and falls back, giggling. Jungkook’s poorly concealed poker face cracks as well, and the others shriek in amusement.

“What a plot twist!” Sana laughs out, hand on Celia’s back.

“Really!” Lisa chuckles. “That was so serious, I thought we were gonna have to cut it out.”

“The acting was amazing,” Baekhyun compliments, genuinely in shock. “I really didn’t expect that!”

“Not to mention,” Yoojung adds, “the script is genius! Sauce, you should really become a writer.”

Celia’s face pales yet again. “Yeah, haha, I really should.”

Baekhyun finds her reaction weird, but then again, what isn’t weird about this girl?

(He still doesn’t know that Celia stays up writing fanfiction about the house members.)