chapter 8 : again?

Homeless Boy // monsta x’s hyungwon

Hyungwon's POV

I sighed as I counted the amount of money I have left, "₩8000 left huh" I mumbled to myself as I sighed heavily.

"It's more than usual, but still...not enough. Well, can't mop around being sad all day, now can I? I'll look for more jobs to take then!" I shook the sad feeling away and walked away from my marked territory into the bustling streets of the city.

~~~~✨~~~~

"Hello Sir! I see you're hiring for a cleaner for your restaurant?" I greeted a middle aged man.

"Ah yes! I'm glad someone came, nobody wants to clean these days, especially in a restaurant like this..." He replied but with a sad tone. I was currently in-front of a fried chicken shop. It didn't look so shabby, but it's definitely something that wouldn't attract new generation customers. They prefer trendy looking places....

"Please come in, son!" I nodded my head and entered the store. I looked around, the place was tidy however and everything look cozy.

"I'm paying ₩6000 for an hour, is that fine?" The man piped up.

"That's more than enough,Sir. When do I start?

"Well most of customers come in during midnight, does 12 sound good?"

"It's fine by me, sir."

~~~~✨~~~~

Minhee's POV

"Well that was an intense night, dont you think ?" Wonwoo piped as he slump himself deeper into the leather chair.

"It sure was! I was sweating like crazy, and I never sweat!" Minggyu exclaimed loudly.

"Yeah right, then why do you smell so bad then?!" Seungkwan sneered back.

"What are you talking about? I smell like a whole garden!" Minggyu remarked.

"Guys, please don't fight, I feel like I'm on my deathbed right now." I snapped back. It's true, it was currently 10 pm and we worked an extra 4 hours!

"Sorry Minhee" Minggyu and Seungkwan mumbled.

"Anyways you guys can go home now, I'll have your salary banked in before next week okay? Goodnight guys, see you on Monday!"

"Thank you Minhee, see you next week!" They all chanted. Slowly one by one, all of them left. As usual, Vernon was the last to leave.

"Are you sure you're okay to cycle back home by yourself?" Vernon asked worriedly. I nodded my head.

"Yes, Vernon! Don't worry! I'll call you if anything happens remember?"

"Alright if you say so, Minhee. See you on Monday, take care."

~~~~✨~~~~

By the time I cycled back home, it was close to 11. I was checking out our supply left and what needs to be replenished soon. I decided to use the shortcut. It was getting darker and I didn't want Marshmallow to wait for me. I cycled through the dark alleyway as I tried to make out the vague surroundings. Good thing my bicycle had a dynamo on it, so I still could make out the road and some buildings. I was speeding quite fast as I didn't want to take my sweet time coming back home, and it was creepy here either way.

However, I didn't notice a small piece of rock of some sort in the middle of the road. I was only paying attention what's infront of me and not below me. My bicycle got caught on it which caused my bicycle to abruptly halted, which resulted me to fly off from my bicycle.

"!" I shrieked as I felt myself being thrown off from my bicycle mid air. I didn't have time to react as I immediately hit against the cold hard tar road. Unfortunately, my head landed first before my body.

"! Not now!" I angrily cried out. I touched the back of my head, I felt something wet and noticeably sticky. I was praying that was just some puddle of rain water and not what I was thinking. I couldn't see my fingers clearly but I held it close to my nose. With a whiff, I knew my predictions came true.

"Just ing great! I'm going to die in this alleyway, not because someone killed me or something, because of a little accident with my bicycle! And no one is going to know where I am cause nobody goes to this alleyway anymore!!!" I cried out as hot tears stream down my face. I tried to crawled towards anything I could see in the dark. But to my avail, I couldn't see anything, the dynamo in my bicycle stopped glowing due to no kinetic energy to keep it working. I moved my hands on the cold ground to find my phone. I couldn't estimate how far I was from my bicycle and I was certain my bag got thrown off somewhere else.

"Someone help me..." I croaked in pain as I felt my head throbbing in pain as the time passes by.

"This is not good, I can't pass out now, maybe I can crawl my way back out the alleyway, I'm sure I'm almost ending the road." Slowly but surely I started crawling with all my might. I was sure my body had a few broken bones but I didn't want to give up now. With every ragged breath, I took a step forward. But the more I move, the more blurry my vision gets.

"Minhee, please a little more! You can do this!" I winced in pain as I continued to move forward.

But before I could reach the end of the road, my body thinks it's the end for me. With that, my eyes flutter shut and my body made contact into the ground was again.

~~~~✨~~~~

Hyungwon's POV

"Well, I'm glad I decided to work with him, he gave me some leftover fried chicken he didn't manage to sell tonight." I smiled as I looked at the plastic bag I was carrying back to my marked territory. I left my work at 3 in the morning from the store. The store was near to the main park which was connected to this dark alleyway.

With my other hand carrying a lighter, I lit it up. The alleyway is pitch black, I couldn't even make the stores infront of me. I continued my walk back to my spot when my feet stepped on something hard.

"What's that?" I bend towards the ground to inspect the foreign object. I moved my lighter towards the object and it was a phone!

I pressed the button and it lit up!

"How is there a fully functional phone here in this alleyway?" I was confused, was someone here then? I picked it up and place it in my pocket, someone must have drop it here then.....

Moving forward I continued to walk until I trip into something metal?

"Oh !" I hissed as I regained my balance, I almost fell. It wouldn't be good if that was to happen.

"What's a bicycle doing here ?!" I inspected it, it looked new and nothing was out of place. I was certain by now that someone was here, and that person hasn't left yet....

"Hello? Is anyone here? I found your phone and your bicycle!" I hollered into the dark and once presumed empty alleyway. I heard some noises coming from the right side of me.

"Is someone there?!" I asked once again. I walked towards the noise. To be frank, I'm actually scared right now. I'm not the one to believe in anything like ghost or supernatural things, but sometimes it could get the best of me.

The noises abruptly stop and I stood there frozen.

"Man up, Hyungwon!" I tell myself. I needed to check whoever and whatever was making this noises and decided to leave their phone and bicycle in the middle of an abandoned alleyway.

Hesitantly moving the lighter closer to where I was walking straight ahead, I notice I trail of blood on the ground.

"What the...." I walked towards it, following the trail, the blood looked fresh, it hadn't oxidised yet.

Walking closer to the blood, the trailer stopped and I found someone laying on the ground. Oh my god.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" I bend down immediately and inspected them. I dropped my food and tried to keep the lighter lit.

"The lighter is going to run out of gas! I'll use the phone I found earlier!" I hastily took the phone out and on it. The bright screen blinded my eyes for a few seconds but I grew accustomed to it as I shone it above the person. My heart broke when I saw it was a lady. Her face had scratches on it and I realised the blood was coming from the back of her head, she must have fell from her bicycle. No, she must had got thrown off from it!

"Miss! I'm bringing you to a hospital now! Please stay with me!" I squeaked as I attempted to carry her bridal style. I was glad that due to the numerous jobs I have taken, my upper body has actual muscles and not just skin and bones like I was when I was a little boy...

"Miss, please hang on!" I continued as I ran as fast as I can with the extra weight on me.

"t-thank y-you..." I heard a soft mumble coming out from her.

"No! Don't give up now! I can't have this happening again!" I cried out. By this time, I was already tearing up, remembering the events that happened 13 years ago. I wasn't strong enough, I wasn't fast enough to help my mom and dad.......

"Please! Stay with me! We're almost towards the end of this alleyway! Turn right there's the main park and there's a clinic right infront! You're gonna be alright miss!"

"marsh-mallow, im s-sorry....." she mumbled again. Marshmallow? Why is she talking about eating marshmallows right now?!

"Miss you can eat all the marshmallows you want if you stay with me!!" 
 

That's not the marshmallow she was talking about however, it was something else she loved dearly.....