chapter 3 : where are you marshmallow?

Homeless Boy // monsta x’s hyungwon

  - fast forward ten years - (present time)

 

Minhee's POV

 

" Good evening Minhee-ssi." 

 

"Thank you and please come again, Jooheon-ssi." 

 

"Just call me Jooheon." He replied before leaving the store. I smiled at the office worker before waving my right hand. I glanced at my watch to check the time. 6.05 p.m.

I sighed in relief as I sat on one of the chairs in the cafe. 

 

"Hey, i'm gonna clean the counter and the kitchen if thats okay with you, Minhee-sajangnim?" Vernon's voice spoke up in the quiet cafe which I simply nodded tiredly.

He chuckled and proceeded to complete his task.

 

I lazily walk towards the front door and switched the sign from open to close. I took the broom and started to clean the floors.

After that, I took a clean rag and started to wipe the tables clean. Along the way, I picked up any rubbish that was on the tables and throw it away.

 

By the time, we were both done, it was already 6.30 p.m. 

"Vernon, you can go first, I need to check what ingredients we have left and how much I need to buy." 

" Minhee-sajangnim, are you sure? It's already dark outside, I can walk you back to your apartment." Vernon asked worriedly.

"It's okay, Vernon. And please call me Nuna." I answered laughingly. The 18 year old boy blushed and covered his face. 

"Okay then, if you say so. If anything happens call me okay? I'll be there in a heartbeat." I walked closer to him and pinched his cheeks.

"Aigoo, you're so cute. Don't worry. Stay safe okay?" He blushed harder which made him looked away. He took his belongings and walked to the door.

"Bye.....Nuna!" He spoke fast and ran out of the door, probably flustered.

 

I chuckled while heading to the pantry in the small cafe I owned.

Flour

Brown Sugar

Eggs

Vanilla Essence 

Chia Seeds

Plant Milk

Nutritional Yeast

Seems that we ran out of these ingredients.I reminded myself to head to the grocery store before going to the cafe tomorrow.

Making sure everything is in its proper position, I locked the cafe and made my way to the back of the cafe to grab my bicycle. It only takes ten minutes for me to reach my apartment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I fished out my key from my cream coloured Gucci and inserted it in the key hole. Oddly, instead of the normal greeting from my pet cat, I got nothing.       

  " Marshmallow, where are you? I'm home." I called out. No sound was heard, not even a faint purr. That's weird, where did it go, I thought. I looked around and found the window slightly left ajar beside my tiny kitchen. " He must have left through the window. " I said out loud.  Sometimes I leave the window open for fresh air in the morning but forgets to close it.

 

" I have to find him, he'll be hungry and cold." I said worriedly while grabbing my keys, phone and some change before heading out in search of my precious cat.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyungwon's POV

 

I was walking back to the alley, when suddenly I heard a purr. It was getting louder as I walked closer to my marked territory. It turns out to be a cat, it had fur with ginger and white patterns. Its blue eyes shone brightly under the bright moon. The cat had a collar, the owner must had left his contact somewhere.

 

Lee Min Hee. The owner is a female. I looked below her name, there was an adress. Guess I have somewhere to go. " Let's go find Minhee." I called out to the cat. Suprisingly, it went up to me and rubbed its face on my dirty blue jeans. What a cutie. I carried it gently off the ground and cradled it on both my hands. The adress isn't far away, it was only 2 blocks away from here.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a pretty neat apartment, I wished I could have a chance to stay in one. I sighed while walking into the entrance. The cat was constantly purring at the sight of the apartment's interior. It must had recognised its home. I headed to the reception inside the building.

 

" Excuse me, which floor does umm Minhee-ssi lives? I nervously asked a middle-aged man as he eyed me suspiciously. Chill dude, I ain't gonna rob you or something.  " It's on the 15th, and  you're here for?" the man replied nonchantly. " I'm here to return her cat, I found it just roaming around two blocks away." I said while showing him the cat. "Ahhhh, it's Marshmallow! Why didn't you say so?" he said all hyped up. Well sorry, if you didn't eyed me up like a creep, I would've but no, you just had to. I may not look the best right now, but I'm a good person

" Thank you, sir." 

"No problem kiddo, have a nice evening." He said before busying himself with some paperwork.

 

Marshmallow and I went inside the elevator and pressed the 15th button. " So, Marshmallow, eh?" I chuckled at the thought of such an adorable name. It purred back happily as an reply. Ding! We heard the elevator as it reached our destination. We got off and Marshmallow showed me the way.

 

Room 1501

 

Is this a concidence? The room number is exactly the same as my birthday, 15 January. 

 

I laughed it off. Anyways, I rang the doorbell and waited for the owner to open the door, return Marshmallow, greet her a nice evening and head off. Somehow, I rang the doorbell but no one opened the door. Maybe she isn't home yet. Marshmallow was shivering probably not used to the cold evenings. I guessed it's okay to stay awhile to wait for Min Hee.

 

I sat cross- legged while taking Marshie, yes I have nickname for it. Cute isn't it? Marshie laid on my lap and snuggled on my worn out black jacket. My head laid on the wall beside the room unit. My eyes got droopy and before I knew it, I was sound asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minhee's POV

 

I searched everywhere for him. The main park, the restaurant we always go to, the vet, even his play time partner's house, but he wasn't there. Marshmallow, where are you? It was almost 8 and it's getting darker every minute. Maybe he's actually in the apartment trolling me. If so, man he trolls better than me. Sounds utterly sad, a cat, more of a prankster than I am. Hoping that he is still in the apartment, I headed back there.

 

I went out of the elevator and walked through the familiar hallway. It was simple, cream coloured walls with gold details. I reached my unit and was about to open it when I saw someone sitting beside the unit. Who is he? I was suprised, Marshmallow was soundly sleeping on his lap. He probably found Marsh somewhere, I sigh in relief knowing he was safe. However what about the guy? He had black locks and was wearing a grey top, blue jeans and a black jacket. Somehow, his clothes looks dirty, it had stains and dirt on them. Did he fall or something? I took a step closer to him and examined his face closely. He had bags under his eyes and tiny cuts were on his cheeks. Did Marsh scratched him? I was super confused and had no idea what to do. Maybe I should bring him in. He doesn't look so good and helping him would be good enough as he brought back Marsh safe and sound. 

 

I decided to rang my neighbour in 1502 to help me carry him inside. 

" Wow, Minhee, I didn't know you bring in strangers to your house. If I knew, I'll probably done what this dude did when I first met you." I.M said while pointing to the dude. I hit him at his dirty remark.

" FYI, he brought back Marsh and I would like to repay him, he needs help. Besides, he's not in a good condition."

" True, you're right." He nodded. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

" Thanks, Changkyun." He just smiled in reply and said, " No problem and don't do anything nasty please, I live next door." 

"Bro, I won't do anything suggestive with him, oh god."

"Who knows, well if he tries to do something, just know, I'm next door."

"Okay." I replied before shutting the door. Now what? The stranger was still sleeping on my couch. Marsh was in my room, probably sleeping as well. Maybe, I should clean his cuts. I took a damp cloth and antiseptic cream.

 

He didn't even flinched one bit, he must be a heavy sleeper. I gently cleaned his face and applied some antiseptic cream. I swept his bangs from his forehead to see if there was any injuries. For some reason, my heart started beating loudly as I examined his face. He's actually very handsome. He stirred in his sleep which made me removed my hand from his face. 

 

I took an extra blanket from my room and drapped it on his tall body. I swear, I saw him smiled abit. Or, it's just me going crazy. Probably both, I'm not suprised.

 

I went to my room and changed to my comfy clothes. I proceeded to the toilet and did my night routine; removed my makeup, did my skincare and brushed my teeth. 

 

It was only 8.30 p.m. I decided to cook something for the guest? He might wake up and get hungry.

 

I cooked some chicken porridge and place it on the table in-front of the couch. I placed a cup of water and wrote a small note.

please eat this as a thank you for bringing my cat back safely :) - minhee

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~