chapter 5 : past closing time

Homeless Boy // monsta x’s hyungwon

Minhee's POV
The evening Seollal festival has started already and customers has been entering the cafe nonstop since lunch time. It was currently 5 in the evening and the cafe closes in an hour, but with the festival going on, I'll have to extend the working hours.

"Vernon! Can you please ask the staff, if they can extend their shift? There's a-lot of people at the moment and I don't think I can handle them myself." I pleaded. He nodded and entered the kitchen. I continued working at the cashier as more people entered the cafe to order some food and drinks.
"Nuna! Only Wonwoo hyung, Minggyu hyung and me can extend their shift. Seungkwan and Dino have to leave on time for family matters." Vernon replied back after being in the kitchen for 5 minutes.
"That's more than enough people." I answered gratefully.

"Yah Minhee!" Someone spoke up loudly as he entered the store. I instantly recognise that voice and got annoyed. Who does he think he is?

"Can't you see I'm busy right now?" I replied to him coldly. He chuckled and went closer to the counter.

"You're telling me, I can't come here? I am a customer like everyone else here." He teased me as he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. I huffed in annoyance and pushed him away from the counter.
"Hey, I'm only talking to you cause my cat likes yours alot." I sighed. He chuckled at my statement.

"You're right, my girl Cookie, really likes Marsh." He chuckled.

"Anyways, are you here to disturb me or actually buy something?"

"Yeah of course, I'll take one Minhee to go please." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yah! I'm not on the menu!" I fumed in anger.

"Awww why not? I heard you were on the special menu."

"Hoseok, if you don't leave this cafe in 10 seconds, I'm going to destroy your house." I said in a serious tone. He just laughed at ruffled my hair.

"Yeah yeah sure, as if that's going to actually happen. Anyways, I'm leaving. And it's Wonho oppa for you."

I pulled him closer to the counter by his collar and whispered to his right ear, "You may think it's funny and all, but you mess with the wrong girl....oppa." I whispered the last word coldly but with a hit of seduction and let my breath hit his neck purposely. I heard him gulp. Bingo.

"Well, if you excuse me, I have customers behind you. Move along." Wonho just nodded in fear even thought no one was behind him at all. Gosh, can't believe he fell for that. He's a good guy but that smirk of his needs to be wiped off immediately. I didn't realise that Vernon was behind me, witnessing what happened a few seconds ago.
"Ah Vernon, don't worry about it, he takes care of Marsh when I have personal matters and such. I don't hate him, I like to mess with him and he's a friend." I explained. Vernon just nodded and continued to make drinks in the kitchen. I was positive that Vernon thinks I'm dating Wonho or something. I gagged at the thought. No offense, Wonho but you're not my type.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we need to employ more workers. I'm getting old, I can't do alot of things." I whined after finally closing the store for the night.

"Seriously Minhee? You're like 20 years old. How is that old?" Wonwoo scoffed at my statement.

"Wonwoo hyung is right." Minggyu butted in out of nowhere.

"Please, says the one who wanted a week off after what happened today." I snapped back.

"Hey, don't talk to him like that." Wonwoo reasoned.

"I know you have feelings for one and another but please not in my face. I'm really stressed right now." I said while sitting on one of the chairs in the cafe.

dr"Well, I'm sorry I have a better love life than you!" Wonwoo said defensively while crossing his arms.

"How is that a love life? You guys haven't even confessed to each other, my cat has a better love life than all of us combined!" I exclaimed with my arms up. Wonwoo and Minggyu just blushed and averted eye contact. I bet Marshmallow is having some date with Wonho's cat right now.

"Anyways, just asked your friends or anyone, if they wanna work here."

"With a boss like you....." Minggyu mumbled to himself but it was audible to me. I hit Minggyu's head angrily.

"Hey! I'm a good boss."

"I was kidding Minhee, we'll help."

"Okay then, you two can go and have a date or something. I need to talk with Vernon for a little bit." I said while pushing them to leave.

"Why? Are you guys going to do something?" Wonwoo said with a tone.

"Whatever you're thinking right now, please stop. Do them with Minggyu instead." I said dryly.

"Oh wow, someone's defensive." Wonwoo said with his hands on his chest dramatically.



"I'm gonna cut your salary short if you don't leave in 10 seconds. 1,2,3...." They cursed under their breath and ran straight out of the cafe, making sure to linked hands along the way. Get married already, I internally screamed at them.

"I hope they'll date each other." Vernon said afterwas cleaning the dishes in the kitchen earlier.

"I know right?" I said honestly.

"Anyways, I need you to help me with something." I said to the younger boy.

"With what?" He asked confused.

"I'm not sure, if the hardware store is still open but I need you to grab some thing for me."

"Oh, the hardware store closes in an hour." Vernon answered.

"How did you know?"

"Oh, my dad has one."

"Oh really, that's good! All I need is a can of spray paint. In red....yeah...." I said as casually as possible.

"I won't ask why but I'll get it for you."

"Meet me in the main park's entrance." I replied back. He nodded and left the cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was infront of the main park, waiting for Vernon. I bought some fried chicken tenders for Marshmallow as I promised to bring him back something. After a few minutes, I spotted his face due to his blonde coloured hair.

"Hey Vernon! Did you get the stuff?" I whispered the last sentence.

"What's up with whispering?"

"Um...um..no..nothing, anyways thanks alot. How much was it?" I was getting my purse out but Vernon stopped me.

"I always get things from the shop for free, so technically free of charge."

"But that's for you, I'm a customer."

"Well, it's a gift then." He smiled. I thanked him again and again.

"It's no problem. Anyways, do you want me to walk you home?"

"It's okay, my apartment is just behind this park. Thank you anyways. I'll see you on Monday? Take care."

"If anything happens, call me. I'll see you at work,N..nu...nuna." I chuckled at him stuttering.

I'll use this gift with full of gratitude, I thought while smiling brightly before it became an evil smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Perfect, he's at the gym right now." I looked at his Insta Story which he typically posted a picture of his abs 5 minutes ago.

Here's the thing, I like to mess with Wonho alot and today, well tonight, Wonho deserves a good prank after disturbing me at work.

I climbed through his house gate as quiet as possible but as I was trying to climb, someone from next door caught me. Well , I'm going to jail tonight.

"Trespasser! What are you doing?!" He shouted from his window. . . . What do I say? I was so scared I almost dropped my chicken tenders. At this point, I was literally sitting on top of the gate with my legs dangling on the side. I got to think of something quick.
"Before you do anything, listen up aight?" I said nervously.

"I'm listening but this is rather surprising, I didn't know Wonho would asked his guest to climb up his gate than to ring his bell." He said amusingly.

"Well, Wonho isn't technically home...."

"So, what are you trying to do then?"

"I was going to give him some chicken tenders I bought..." I lied while showing him the plastic bag.

"And what's in the other bag then?" He pointed to my canvas bag. I started sweating nervously and almost peed my skirt. I can't keep up with this lie.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" He waved his hands at me.

" OKAY OKAY! Here look, I just wanna prank Wonho because he messed with me while I was at work. And cause he's annoying. Please don't call the cops on me. I swear I won't try something like this ever again." I was crying as I confessed.

"OMG NO PLEASE DON'T CRY OMG NO.... WHY YOU DIDN'T YOU TELL SO YOU WERE GONNA PRANK THE GUY?!" I looked at him in confusion.

"Wait, what? You don't mind me pranking him?"
"Of course not, I HATE THE GUY! HE MOWS THE LAWN AT THREE IN THE MORNING! who does that??!" 

I stopped crying and giggled instead.

"He even annoys his neighbours? I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I can help you with your prank too."

After half shouting and whispering from one side to another. I found out his name was Kihyun, he likes to sing, play Overwatch and eat chicken. We exchanged phone numbers. He decided to help me with my evil scheme. He told me that Wonho leaves the kitchen window open behind his house.

I crawled on the freshly trimmed grass towards the back of the house. As quiet as possible, I entered his house. I can't believe I'm breaking into someone's house, it feels so wrong but I can't back out now.

I've been to his house before but  send off and pick up my cat. One time, Marshmallow left the apartment and met Wonho's cat, Cookie. Since then, Marsh would beg me to send him here to meet Cookie and I was forced to become friends with Wonho. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with him.

After walking around his house, I found his room and entered. I switched on the lights and the room was surprisingly clean and neat but not for long. I started throwing his pillows on the floor and throwing clothes out from his closet. Oh he's gonna be so pissed when he sees this. I took out the spray paint and sprayed his bedroom window with, 'THE JOKES ON YOU.' I sprayed his pillows, his bedand some of his clothes.I threw out the dumbbells that was on the corner of the room out of the window. I grinned evilly as I did that. I also sprayed his white bedroom walls with random curse words and doodles.

After being satisfied with my act, I left the room and proceeded to his kitchen. I decided to raid his fridge because all that work made me hungry. I took a chocolate bar and proceeded to devour it. With chocolate still in my mouth, I started climbing the kitchen counter. Halfway, an incoming message appeared on my phone.

Kihyun : GIRL LEAVE THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW! HES AT THE GATE !!!
Minhee :

Kihyun : GIRL LEAVE THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW! HES AT THE GATE !!!Minhee :


Kihyun : LMAO WTF GO HIDE IN THE TOILET! ILL THINK OF SMTH

I laughed at the picture I sent to Kihyun. I ran inside the guest toilet and hid in the bathtub that was covered by the shower curtain. I laid flat in the tub and prayed to all gods known to exist. I also continued to eat the chocolate bar which was starting to melt on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kihyun's POV

I saw Wonho entered his house and I immediately went out of my house and rang his bell. I have to save Minhee-ssi from god who knows what Wonho will do when he finds out his room was trashed. I repeatedly rang his bell until he opened his door.

"Hey Wonho! Can I come in?" I asked him.

"What do you want Kihyun?" He asked impatiently.

"Ummm, I wanna talk about something."

"Are you sure this is the proper time for that talk?"

"YES IN, I mean yes indeed." 

"Oka.....y then." He unlocked the gate and let me in. That was easier that I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what you wanna talk about?" Wonho asked breaking the awkwardness that lasted for 5 minutes. We were sitting at the living room which was the first thing you see after entering the front door on the right.

"ummmm, so do you like chicken?" I blurted out. Oh , why that out of all things. He must think I have an obsession towards chicken, but it's true though.

"Yeahhhh, I enjoy eating chicken." He answered. Okay, I need to distract him somehow so that Minhee can escaped. I looked around the house trying to figure out where Minhee could have hidden. Beside the kitchen was a room and a toilet. Must be the guest room and toilet. She can't escape from the kitchen, it's too risky. I looked around again and decided the only way is through the front door.

"Hey, I just got back from the gym, how bout I clean up first?" Wonho asked as I was thinking of a plan.

"Yes sure.., I MEAN NO DON'T GO." I shouted. Wonho flinched at the sudden shouting.

"But it'll only take me a few minutes.." I immediately screamed, "NO YOU CANT!"

"okay okay no need to scream, you're gonna wake up the neighbours."

"says the one who mows the lawn at 3 a.m...." I mumbled at myself.

"What did you say?"

"No, I mean you're right." I lied.

"Hey how bout we go to the kitchen? I'm kinda thirsty." I said loudly than I should. Minhee should make a move to exit the guest toilet. Wonho proceeded to walk to the kitchen which I tagged along. He took a jug of water from the fridge and poured me some water.

"Hey, do you want chocolate? I remembered I bought a big bar of milk chocolate a few days ago. He said as he search for it. I nodded and look around the area. Soon after, I saw Minhee crawling on the floor with what seems a bar chocolate in . She looked at me sheepishly while pointing at the chocolate bar in . She looks cute with that chocolate bar in . Wait a minute, is that? Oh tttt, I thought.

"That's weird, I can't find it. I'm pretty sure it's in there." Wonho said before closing the fridge. He was going to turn around but I immediately grabbed his shoulder and spun him towards his sink on the left.

"You got a nice sink." I said randomly. It was really nice though. Wonho looked at me weirdly but nodded slowly. I'm sure he thinks I'm a creep at this point. I turned my head slightly and saw Minhee crawling towards the sofa. 

"So where's your cat, what's her name again?" I asked him as we were still staring at his nice sink. 

" Oh you mean Cookie?" He said as he looked at me. I nodded. At this point, Minhee should be behind one of the sofas.

" She's probably on a date with Marshmallow."

"Marshmallow?" 

"Yeah, Marsh is my friend's cat, Minhee." 

"Ahhhh Minhee." 

"Yeah her, wait do you know her?" Oh , he can't know that I know her.

"Minhee? Nah, never met a Minhee in my life." I lied. Wonho just looked at me weirdly and shrugged it off. He brought a jug of water and two cups to the coffee table at the living room.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Wonho asked as he got comfortable on one sofa which Minhee is behind of. I wanted to die. What if he saw her? I was sitting on another sofa in-front of Wonho.

"How about we switched on the TV?" I blurted out.

"What? Umm okay." He switched on the TV which was playing a gaming channel.

" OH! They're playing Overwatch now." I fangirled. I love to play Overwatch.

"Oh you like Overwatch too?" Wonho asked excitedly. Since then, we continued fangirling over our favourite characters and stuff. Soon enough, I saw Minhee from the corner of my eye, tiptoeing as she opened the front door as softly as she can. A loud creak could be heard but Wonho didn't realised as he was too engrossed towards the TV. After an hour, the program ended.

"Sorry, we couldn't discuss what we wanted too." I said. Wonho shook his head.

"It's fine, at least I know we like the same game." He answered honestly. , now I feel bad that I'm helping Minhee with her prank. Oh well, he deserved it. I'm still petty over the 3 a.m. mowing law thing. I bid him goodbye and left from the front door. I opened his gate and walked backed home.

In front of my gate, I saw a plastic bag. I inspected it and found out there was fried chicken. I checked my phone and saw a message that was send 35 minutes ago.

Minhee : Thanks for not calling the cops. Here's some freshly made fried chicken I got near my apartment ;)

I smiled at myself. This was totally worth it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I got comfortable in my room, ready to play Overwatch and eat some fried chicken. I heard a loud scream next door. I chuckled loudly. It must be Wonho.

" WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY ROOM!!! OH MY GOD WHO DID THIS? HOW COULD THIS HAPPENED." He continued screaming. It was currently 12 in the morning. I decided to audio record him screaming. 

" WHERE IS MY DUMBBELLS OMG WHO SPRAYED PAINTED MY WALLS OMG DID MY HOUSE GOT ROBBED. BUT EVERYTHING IS HERE. JOKES ON ME? WHAT THE IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN. WAIT DID MINHEE DID THIS? YAH! LEE MINHEEEEEEEEE" I laughed uncontrollably at him screaming in anger. This was totally worth it, meeting a funny but amusing girl, free fried chicken and a angry Wonho. This is the best night of my life so far.

"HOW COULD MINHEE DID THIS? HOW DID SHE GET INTO MY HOUSE? WHAT THE ACTUAL ."

" WOULD YOU SHUT THE UP? PEOPLE IS TRYING TO SLEEP HERE. NOBODY ING CARES ABOUT YOUR DUMBBELLS WONHO! WHAT A ING LOSER YOU ARE" One neighbor suddenly shouted. I recognised that voice, it was Shownu's. He lives on the other side of Wonho's house. I was still recording the whole thing on my phone.

"Sorry, my bad." I could hear Wonho shouting softly. Like I said, best night ever. I send the audio recording to Minhee.

Kihyun : I think you might want to hear this. This is gold. Thanks, for the fried chicken btw :)

Minhee : LMAOOO, THIS IS SO FUNNY. now, im worried that he might kill me.

Kihyun : Nah, dont worry, I'll introduce you to the other guy in the audio. Wonho is scared of him.

Minhee : oh really? okay thank youuu, tell me the plan soon, imma sleep now, goodnight.

Kihyun : okay sure, goodnight to you too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~