chapter 1: that one night

Homeless Boy // monsta x’s hyungwon

 

 

 

This simple yet grueling routine would make most of our time, well at least for those who work till the late night. Sighing while heading home to enjoy a nice and warm bath, wearing the most comfortable clothes they own, stuffing their faces with late night supper and to eventually fall into a deep sleep. Seems like it all pays up for their hard work they had right? Unfortunately not everyone has the privilledge and one amongst the unlucky is Chae Hyungwon.

 

Hyungwon's routine was no joke. It was different each night and full of surprises. After work, he'll just walk like any other day back to his place. His place was also different all the time as well. Now, you may think he's a sorcerer or something as to why he is able to conjure places out of nowhere and live there. If so, why the word 'place' instead of the typical 'home'? Well it's simple, he didn't have one.

 

The twenty year old male has been homeless since he was just at the tender age of being a legal adult. It has only been two years since he had that status but somehow deep inside of him, he felt that way since he was born. The struggles he face without the basic human needs; food, water, clothes and a shelter. Worse yet he doesn't have enough money to properly support himself and boy does he need it bad.

 

How could all of this happened to him? Three words: fire and helpless.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Come on dear, time for you to sleep." Hyungwon's mother said sweetly to her seven year-old son.

 

" Mummy....., just a little more......" The child whined as his dark chocolate orbs stay glued to the TV screen which was displaying an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.

 

" Listen to your mother, Hyungwon. You have first day of school tomorrow. We don't want you to be sleepy now, it won't give a good impression to your teachers and friends." Hyungwon's father reasoned. 

 

"Okay Daddy, I'll go to sleep now." The child answered while tagging his mom to follow him to his bedroom across the living room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyungwon's POV

 

" Mom, can you sing me a lullaby ?" You asked your mom with full of hope.

 

" Sure, anything for you my little ball of sunshine." Your mother coo at you while pinching your cheeks.

 

"This is a song a made up when i was 15, I sang it to my sister when she had nightmares,                          

One love,

I didn't know love

Two love,

I didn't know love

Three love,

But now I want it to be our own time

 

One love,

I threw away my everything

Two love,

I didn't know it was pain

Three love,

But now I want it to be our memories

 

"Hyungwon, promise me that you'll smile and keep your head high even if everything seems to fall apart. Promise me that you'll take care of everyone even if they don't return the favour back."

 

"I promise mommy."I smiled before drifting into a deep slumber.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~