Ep 3

Who

Ding dong.

The bell pulls Jiyong back to reality. He didn’t notice he cries. The pain from that memory, it feels like it just happen yesterday.

Jiyong gets up, clear his throat as he wipes his tears.

“What is it Jiyong? It must be something important or else I… were you crying?” Youngbae asks instead continue nagging as he get inside Jiyong house. He wants to nag Jiyong for not coming to work today and calling for him in night.

“Spill it up Jiyong.” Youngbae says after settle down on the couch and Jiyong gives him a can of beer.

“He can’t remember me. He doesn’t even have any memory about me. It is zero.” Jiyong staring at his phone and Youngbae sure enough that Jiyong is looking at ‘He’.

*

“This is for Seunghyun and no for Daesung. Tell him to come to our house if he wants. What an ungrateful nephew I have. The other is in this bag, Seungri-ah.” Mrs. Lee says as she points to the lunch she packs for Seungri friends at the café.

“I get it mom. You don’t have to repeat it. Why pack so many? Where is mine? Why mine is smaller? You’re not fair, mom.” Seungri complains, but still take the bag contains lunch for him and his friends.

It was Daesung came and nagged him the other day, saying that he has no share in the café so he can’t take long leave.

Mrs. Lee pats her son head affectionately. ‘What is you’re hiding behind this pretty and happy smile, son?’ she monologues and waves to Seungri. She remembers few days ago, when someone name Kwon Jiyong came to their house.

*

“Is here where Seungri.. no, I mean Lee Seungri live?” A young man, dress in suit says as Mrs. Lee opens the door. He looks clean and good.

She had seen this young man in TV before but even before that she knows who this person is.

“Ermm, yes. But he is not at home, and who are you? And on what occasion are you looking for my son?” Mrs. Lee asks, it is still dangerous to let people get into your house even though you feel like knowing him.

“I know he isn’t and I am Kwon Jiyong. I think you know me.”

*

“He was so nervous when he told us that he is going out with you. He told us how you two met at the talk at his college. How he fall in love with you, just looking how perfect you are during the talk. He had that shy look when he told us you the one who approached him.”

Jiyong nods at that. He remembered asking one of the lecturers, Mr. Ha Dongsuk about Seungri. He came for a talk, when his eyes get to Seungri. Maybe it just how fate made they met.

“He cried when we say we wanted to meet you. He begged to us not to harm you.” Mrs. Lee chuckles at the memory Seungri comes out 4 years ago.

“He cries harder when we say that we just want to get to know you and we approve your relationship. Everything was going fine, he become more cheerful than he is. He keeps on boasting that ‘Kwon Jiyong is handsome, he is rich, he is perfect, he is this and he is that. He always pampered me because he loves me too much.’

Hearing to that, my husband and I get more excited to meet you. But, there was one night he took a long shower. It so long that my husband needs to knock down the door, and I can’t tell you how my heart stop when we saw Seungri laying on the floor. Unconscious.”

Mrs. Lee looks at Jiyong who is listening to her. He gives her time, but in the same time, she can see how Jiyong’s body stiffens when she said Seungri laying unconsciously on the floor.

“At that point, we thought that you the one who break Seungri heart. He looks so hopeless. That one week, he looks like a corpse. He’s not eating, he only eat when I forces him to. He keeps on staring on his phone when it rings, but he is not answering.”

Jiyong suspects it must be when their calls and messages getting shorter. How stupid he is for not notice the changes earlier?!

“My husband was so angry that he wanted to go to you, but Seungri begged, saying that what happen has nothing to do with you. It all is his fault. Suddenly, he said wanted to go somewhere far from Seoul. We know how he much he hurt, he needs time to heal himself.”

“Was it Gwangju?” Jiyong asks because Seungri was not there, he did go to Gwangju, searching for him.

“No, he insisted to go to Pohang, my sister house. But, nothing changes, it becomes worse. He keeps on crying, saying that it was all his faults and none of that is your fault. He even tries to drown himself one time. Luckily Daesung was there, save him.” Mrs. Lee is crying, it is a pain to recall those memories.

Jiyong plays with his finger, tries to control himself not to cry. He knows why Seungri choose to go to Pohang instead of Gwangju. Seungri makes sure that Jiyong won’t find him.

“After that incident, he tried to fool us by acting happy and be as cheerful as he is. But, we can feel he is not, and only hurting himself more. We want to bring him back to Seoul, but he said no. we play along with his act, trying to convince ourselves that he is ok.

Then, one day, Seungri went missing. We tried to call him few times before somebody answer his phone, saying that he is at the hospital in Seoul. He involved in an accident, no serious injury but he unconscious for two days.

When he woke up, we asked him why go back to Seoul but he can’t remember any of it. I tried to hint him about you by mentioning your surname…”

Jiyong rubs his face. “But he didn’t recognize me, aunt? Why?”

Mrs. Lee takes Jiyong hands, as if giving him some strength, “I don’t know, son. But, doctors diagnosed that there was something had happened to Seungri and he doesn’t want to remember them. So, he chooses to hide those memories…”

“And those memories have me in them. And he asked break up from me.” Jiyong whispers to himself. His heart crumbles as he thinks how much he hurts Seungri that he chooses to erase him from his memory.

Mrs. Lee pats Jiyong shoulder, “I’m not giving you hope, son. But believe me, he didn’t mean to erase you, and for me, the time he knows you was one of the happiest time he ever has. When he was in Pohang, he sleeps hugging this one sweater, and it was not his.”

Jiyong stares at Mrs. Le because he knows that sweater. Their couple sweater, first couple thing ever.

“Just what happen to him, aunt?”

“I don’t know son. What I know is, it has something to do with you, and he feels so guilty that he blames himself. He was afraid if you know about that ‘something’, you gonna leave him. he is my son, but sometimes, he can be so stupid.”

Jiyong chuckles at Mrs. Lee statement. He notices that she tries to lighten the mood. “I want to ask you, do you seriously love our Seungri?”

“I do love him. more than you can imagine, aunt.”

“Even though what he is hiding might hurt you? If you can’t bear it, I think you should step back and pretend that none of our conversation ever happened. As much I want him to happy with you, I don’t want either of you two to hurt yourself again.”

Jiyong nods, “Nothing hurt me more than being apart from him, aunt.”

“If that so, I think you should practice calling me mom instead of aunt.”

*

“Just what are you hiding Seungri-ah?” Mrs. Lee whispers to herself as she waves to Seungri. She feels hurt for not be able to help Jiyong, either she can heal Seungri. 

*

“Seungri oppa, Daesung oppa asks you to send this to his room.” Sonia hands Seungri a tray contains drinks and cake.

“Why must me? I’m busy person you know, don’t…”
“Just go oppa.” Sonia pushes Seungri away. that guy, he can be so annoyed if he starts to nag. More like any girl can be.

*

The moment Jiyong sees Seungri comes in with a tray of drinks in his hand makes his heart feel like there flowers blossom in there.

He knows that Seungri notices that he is sitting there, and how he tries to avoid his eyes. He looks so cute like that. He’s trying hard to avoid eye contact when he’s dying to look Jiyong. Exactly like when they first get to know each other before.

“Seungri, can you please accompany my guest for a moment? Seunghyun hyung will come in a few minutes and I need to go somewhere.” Daesung says as he turns Seungri around before pushes him to the chair and makes him sits beside Jiyong.

Daesung hurriedly leave the room, leaving no options for Seungri except to sit there. With a ‘Stranger’.

“Hey there, my name is Kwon Jiyong.”

Seungri looks at the hand that Jiyong offers before extends his. Seungri swears he feels as if his body struck by electric when their hand touches. Somehow, the touches feel familiar and Seungri curses himself for wanting more than just a touch on hand from a ‘Stranger’.

Jiyong smirks at Seungri. He might forget who Jiyong is, but his body never forgets who the owner is.

“I’m Seungri.” Seungri tries to ignore as he heard as if the stranger says that he knows when he mentions his name.

“I’m sorry for another day that I run away. I don’t know why I did so. I’m so sorry, Mr. Kwon.” Seungri stands and bows slightly.

Jiyong holds his hand, afraid that Seungri is going to run again. But, Seungri is planning to do that more, if that is the way to have the other person touch him more.

“It’s ok and please call me Jiyong.”

There is silent between them, but it is a comfortable silent. Jiyong notices that Seungri is biting his lips and tapping his finger on his lap. Something that Seungri always does when he is nervous or thinking something.

“What are you thinking?” Jiyong says, his eyes travel all part of Seungri. From his eyes, to his nose, lips, cheek, before travel to his body and all parts of him. How much he misses this person, and how much he wants to hug him tight. They are so close, yet so far.

Seungri looks at him, he feels as if he been strips down by the ‘stranger’ eyes. “Ermm, nothing.”

“But?” Jiyong knows too well that tone. Something will never change, Seungri always use that tone when he is curious or have something to tell. The only different is, there always ‘Ji’ or ‘Oppa’ before that ‘ermm, nothing’ back then.

“But, do you know me?” Seungri says bravely, he can’t stop himself from asking that.

“Don’t you know me?” Jiyong counter back. He is not going to play around. He gonna make Seungri knows who he is to Jiyong and vice versa. He wants to make Seungri his. Like how it should be. 

“That is not the answer.” Seungri says, their knees brush to one another as Seungri turns his body to Jiyong. Jiyong smirks as Seungri bites his lips. His body misses the owner too much.

4 years is a long time.

“Do you mind if I send you home? Neither Daesung or Seunghyun will comes, they are leaving you to me. And, the café is going to close.”

“It’s ok, I can go home by my own.” Seungri says and tries to leave, but a strong pull make he sits back.

“Are you sure that you’re sorry for the last time?” Seungri nods furiously. “I’m only forgive you if you allowed me to send you home. deal?” again, Seungri nods.

“Then, I guess, you should go and take you thing. Or do you prefer sitting all day long on my lap, because I don’t mind it.”

‘! How did I end up sitting on this ‘stranger’ lap?!’ Their face is so close that Seungri can feels the ‘stranger’ breathes. Seungri tries to get up from Jiyong lap.

But Jiyong hold him tight, “I’m waiting you outside.”

*

Seungri doesn’t know why, but he can feel he is blushing. He shouldn’t feel so excited that the ‘stranger’ wants to send him home. he hardly know the other person.

or is it Jiyong? That what he should calls him.

He still can feel his heart beat fast. He ignores Sonia when she asks him where he is going. He only remembers telling Sonia to lock all the doors after the cleaning later on. He takes all his things and walks to the front door.

There he is. Jiyong.

His heart beats faster as he takes his step to Jiyong, he is smiling to Seungri.

“I’m not going to open the door for you like any romantic drama since you hate it. So, let’s go.” Jiyong teases but he still opens the door before he goes to the driver side. Seungri likes it. It as if Jiyong knows him well. Actually, Seungri likes his joke. 

As they get into the car, Seungri looks at Jiyong. He is typing something on his phone. Seungri accidentally clear his throat. He is not meaning to make Jiyong looks at him or urges him to drive.

“Sorry love, but can you key in the address?” Jiyong says before turning back to his phone. He really needs to reply to Youngbae messages.

The fact Jiyong calls him ‘love’ makes Seungri blushes. He shouldn’t, but he likes it. No. he loves it. It sounds, like it is how it should be. It sounds familiar.

“Did you come to our house before?” Seungri asks as he keys in his address. It in the history.

“What is it?” Jiyong puts his phone aside and looks at Seungri and notices where he is pointing. “Ohh,  I did, it was my in-laws after all.” Jiyong says. He is not going to hold it back. He gonna be as straight as possible to Seungri.

He’s not going to play all that slow drama. He just wants his Seungri back. If he can’t remember him, Jiyong is there. Who cares about their past, Jiyong is more than willing to make new memories. As long as Seungri is there.

He pats Seungri head softly when the younger froze at his statement. Seungri blinks and how much Jiyong wants to kiss Seungri right now. As much he’s not going to hold it back, he also doesn’t want Seungri to back off because he hurried things.

Sometimes, things can be complicated.

“Shall we go now?” Jiyong asks Seungri. He chuckles when Seungri nods in awkward way.

*

The ride is so calm and comfortable. Seungri knows he shouldn’t, but he loves this. He wants to go home every day like this. With this person.

Through the ride, Seungri notices that Jiyong always steals a glance at him.

“So, I guess you don’t know me well then.” Seungri teases as he tells Jiyong about the café he works at. From the owner, to all of the workers, Seungri tells him.

Seungri body is turning to Jiyong as he talking to him. he’s so comfortable to be around this stran.. Jiyong.

“It’s not like that, I just want to hear to your voice, baby.” Jiyong says as he wiggles his eyebrows at Seungri.

“Stop it already.” Seungri whines.

“What?”

“The ‘baby’ ‘love’ thing.” Seungri pouts, he folds his arms together. ‘! Why am I doing this? I shouldn’t enjoy his attention. He is str.. Jiyong.

“Are you pouting, baby?” Jiyong turns to Seungri. They stop at the traffic light.

“I said stop it, please.” Seungri whines again and that it’s. Jiyong can’t hold him back that he kisses Seungri. On cheek.

Ok, he’s holding himself.

“Stop acting so cute around me, before I can’t hold back myself.” Jiyong says. “After all, you’re mine. So, I can call you that.”

The journey continues in silent with Seungri sits close to the door with his bag between him and Jiyong.

*

“Do you like too much Seungri-ah, that Jiyong sends you home?” Mr. lee teases his son. He notices that Seungri is smiling as he watches Jiyong car fade away from their eyes.

Seungri smiles shyly, “What do you mean appa? It’s not like that. He just tease me, don't mind him. Do you know him?” Mrs. Lee insisted Jiyong to stay for dinner. And he only leaves after the dinner.

“Don't you know him?" Seungri frowns at Mr. Lee. Why all these people give him the same question?

"You can deny it, but it will keep growing, son.” Mr. Lee says. By years Mr. Lee gets to know that, Jiyong is not the cause that Seungri be so broken. His wife convinces him, that Jiyong and Seungri, both are suffering from the separation.

That why he can accepts Jiyong openly. His wife told him about Jiyong came to their house. Asking her what is actually happen 4 years ago. It is not like Jiyong didn’t look for Seungri, but when he came to their house, Lee’s family had go to Pyongyang.

Now, it makes sense on who is the mysterious guy that came daily to their house as what their neighbors said. That young man keeps on ringing on their bell that make the neighbor annoyed.

And looking at Jiyong enthusiasm tonight makes Mr. Lee more confidence that it is not Jiyong who break Seungri heart. It is Seungri. But, he can feel that, it was not because Seungri wants it, he had to.

For no one know why.

“Appa, you should not say that. He is a stranger, how could you let your son be friend with a stranger? What if he kidnaps me and I never come back? We hardly know each other. Believe me, he just like to tease me.” Seungri asks, he walks to the kitchen.

“Why not? Your appa was a stranger to me.” Mrs. Lee teases him, she loves to see Seungri blushes. It feels like it is really Seungri. It’s not like she not liking who Seungri is now, but she can feel something is missing in her son.

“Ughh! Not you too, mom. I guess I’ll just head to my room.”

“Why? Are you going to call Jiyong and complains to him that we bullied you? Ohh? Seungri?” Mr. Lee says loudly as Seungri climbs up the stair. In which, Seungri chooses to ignore.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee exchanges look. Without saying anything, both know what they are thinking.

‘They will be alright.’

*

‘I have reaches home. Miss me already? You should be. Go to sleep. And, please, dream of me.’

Seungri reads them repeatedly. It’s from Jiyong. He just comes out from shower when his phone lit up. His heart, they playing drum, and there is roller coaster twisting in his stomach just because of the simple message.

Seungri stares at his phone when Jiyong sends another message. ‘Can’t you reply to me? You’ve read them. At least say OK.’

Jiyong saved his phone number before he left. And the name that Jiyong saved is Jiyongie.

Seungri can’t afford but to smile. Jiyongie. It sounds so familiar. Is he some teenager or does he just hit his puberty? He knows he should be afraid when Jiyong suddenly touches him, kisses him, teases him, but he can’t help crave for it.

He knows he shouldn’t, but deep inside his heart he loves it and he wants more than that. It won’t hurt if he get to know Jiyong right?

‘Good night.’

*

Now Jiyong knows why Youngbae always wants people to reply to his message. It gives assurance to him, that Seungri receives his messages.

Jiyong smiles, reading a ‘good night’ from Seungri as he walks to his bedroom from the kitchen. He has Seungri’s parents and cousin approval and Youngbae support. The only thing left is Seungri. He needs to make sure that Seungri will say yes to him.

He knows, Seungri might get confuses with all the way he calls and treated him, but, if by confusing him can make he become Jiyong’s again, he will do it. He doesn’t care whether he can remember back those 5 months. He cares more about the present.

He must be lying to himself if he says he is not curious why Seungri asked for a break up when everything was fine. He more than sure that Seungri won’t ask for break up because he feels neglected. Seungri is always understand him, more than any people always does.

But, if that can take Seungri away again, he's willing not to know what is the missing piece. 

*

Morning come. Seungri flinches as his mom open the window, letting the sun get into the room.

“What time is it, mom?” Seungri mumbles as he pulls his blanket tighter.

“It’s 8. You better wake up now.” Seungri eyes wide open when he hears the voice. It is not his mom.

Seungri closes his eyes when he feels dizzy due to sudden sit up. He frowns when he looks at the owner of the voice.

“Morning. Go and take your shower.” Jiyong smiles at him as he put back Seungri phone on the nightstand. Was he checking Seungri’s phone? For what?

Seungri freezes as he looks at Jiyong steps out from his room. Is he dreaming? He must be.

*

Seungri frowns when he looks at the table. The plates ready for 4 persons.

“Are you not going to sit down?” Jiyong whispers to him, makes Seungri almost had a heart attack. Jiyong pulls him to sit when he stands next to the table.

Ok! He was not dreaming.

“Mom? Why is he having breakfast with us?” Seungri asks, pointing to Jiyong.

“Why not? The more the merrier! Try this, Jiyong brings this with him this morning.” Mrs. Lee hands Seungri a slice of cake.

“Who eats cake for breakfast?” Seungri denies, but his eyes stays at the cake. It is strawberry cake. His favourite, how can he say no, but.. He can’t, but he wants it so much, but it from Jiyong.

“It won’t hurt you to taste it.” Jiyong says, winking at Seungri.

Is he crazy? They are sitting with his parents. What his parents will says? he knows, his parents are open minded, but…

*

“You shouldn’t do that.” Seungri folds his arms together. Jiyong turns to him, asking him to explain more. Jiyong ‘kindly’ volunteer to send Seungri to his work, and his parents are more than excited allow him to do so.

“Come to our house, feeding me in front of my parents, bring all foods. We have nothing to do with one another. You came yesterday because I want you to forgive me, and that it’s. so, I guess you shouldn’t come again to our house. I can’t understand why my parents allow you to even get into my room.”

“I do it because I want to. I haven’t said that I forgive you for running from me that day. Your parents not say anything about me coming to your house. I’m coming to meet them, not you. You just happen to stay with them.” Jiyong says with teasing smile.

“But still you shouldn’t come…where are you going? This is not way to the café. You should turn to left.” Seungri points to the left side. “Excuse me, Mr. Kwon? Where are we going? Ooh? Mr. Kwon? Mr. Kwon, the cafe is in the left. Please make U-Turn, Mr. Kwon. Mr. Kwon, why are you..”

“Jiyong. Jiyong. Jiyong. It’s Jiyong.” Jiyong half shouting, ignoring on what Seungri says. He had call Daesung, saying that he ‘kidnaps’ Seungri for today. Daesung is more than willing to say yes.

He turns to look at Seungri when he receives no reply. He wiggles his eyebrows that only then receive punches from Seungri as he shouts, “Send me to café. Café. Café! Café!”

Jiyong holds Seungri hand and pulls him close. The narrow space makes it easier. “I’m driving here, and please, love, if you remember what I did for acting cute around me, keep on doing all the screaming and punching.”

Without looking at Seungri , he knows that his love is looking at him, with his confused look. Jiyong tighten his hold on Seungri hand when he wants to pull it. How much he misses this. This is how it should be. How it should always be.

Seungri defeats after tries for the third time. He sighs and looks outside. He must be biting his lips, Jiyong counts in his head, because he knows Seungri will say something.

One.

Two..

“Who are you?” Seungri says and Jiyong steal a glance at him. he is looking at their hand. Jiyong taps his finger on their holding hands. He knows Seungri is waiting for his answer and holding himself from repeating.

Jiyong parks his car as they reach their house, before turns to frozen Seungri.

“Your another half.”

 

 

Thank you. You guys are awesome! :)