New beginning

Love isn't over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When IU opened her eyes, she was greeted by the worried glances from Jun ki. What happened earlier she couldn't understand but she felt this sharp ache in her head and a continuous siren ringing inside her ears. She was informed that the stress was the main reason for her unconsciousness and was also told to take a complete bed rest for six days and then they would operate a surgery and get the cancer cells outta her body.

 

On the seventh day she was told to remain empty stomach. The operation was to be done at 1 O' clock afternoon. As the day reached closer to the assigned time her heart raced in horse power. She was sweating like bullets and her lips dried.. Where's he? She couldn't find Junki anywhere near. She called him desperately but he never took her calls. She so wanted to hear his comforting words before this big operation but at the last minute he disappeared like a spirit. She was told to change into the assigned clothes and exactly five minutes after she was laid on the bed, ready to be taken to the operation theatre. As she was taken by the ward boys and a nurse, a whirlpool of anxiety and panic attack started generating in her head as it pulled all kind of of positivity and calmness that was there within her in its centre, them somewhere deep into it and making her body anxious. She started shifting her body uneasily unable to settled itself onto the bed calmly. Suddenly the moving bed stopped on the mid way and her heart relaxed instantly. Her lips curved up in excitement. She looked up as a pair of warm hand enveloped her trembling hand. 

 

Jun ki!!! Yes, that was him, finally.

 

"Where were you?" She almost screamed aloud. 

 

Jun ki could sense the desperation in her voice. Her eyes looked as if they were long lost in maze, too tired and confused, her face was paler than it has ever been, forehead covered with sweat beads. "Were you looking for me? Mianhae.. I had a small job to complete" He replied with a small wink.

 

IU found herself relaxing gradually, her eyes were now softened, much more gentle and warm as they gazed at Jun ki's eyes for reassurance and her face a lot calmer than before, it had it's bright colour back but her lips were still dry may be due to the fear of the operation.

 

It's time now! They heard nurse speak aloud awaring both of them about the operation. IU's heart was back to thumping. She looked at Jun ki, the same fear back in her eyes.

 

"Everything's going to be okay. Don't worry!" He gave her a small nod and a gentle reassuring smile. She nodded gently. The bed was in motion again and she saw Jun ki getting farther and farther until she could no longer see his gentle gaze and comforting smile.

 

____

 

The operation successfully ended after a long eleven hours struggle. It was already mid night then.

 

The next day she was woken up with a feeling of a warm hand interwoven with hers. Her eyelids fluttered slowly and as her senses came back to being normal she looked at the figure besides her. But what she saw after, left her completely speechless. 

 

Jeon Jungkook!?!? She couldn't believe what she just saw. Her gaze moved down to their intertwined hands and then towards his face.

 

It's him!!! She quickly pulled her other hand out of the duvet and started rubbing her heavy eyes. Am I hallucinating?? But the figure sleeping right next to her looked so real. She couldn't understand what was going on.. Was she still in her sleep and that she was dreaming about him? If it was only a dream then she definitely didn't want it to end. She looked at him and saw him soundly sleeping like a baby. This was the most blissful moment that she Ionged to witness, him staying next to her. Though it might have been only a dream she felt so much secured and relieved. But then a ringing of the phone echoed into the room, startling her all of a sudden. 

 

Oh, no! Oh, no!! This ain't a dream! She internally panicked and her body flinched in horror. Her eyes drifting from Jungkook to the door, dancing around the room and back to gazing him again. The sudden movement caused Jungkook to wake up and as his eyes fell on hers he immediately straightened his body. 

 

What am I suppose to do? Her heart pounded rapidly and her eyes roved around the room for a miracle to happen. She thought of running away from there but glancing at her weak condition that option seemed next to impossible. She then thought of faking a sleep but then again she was too late to do that cause she immediately heard him speak.

 

"Ji eun ah!" He whispered almost sounding like a little kid.

 

Her heart stopped beating right then. That voice sounded just like back in that night when she rejected him cruelly. It carried the same emotions, the feeling of being ignored, left alone, nervous and lost. It sounded so much similar.

 

She slowly motioned her eyes towards him but found him already glancing at her. And as she took into account his appearance, her eyes softened and face frowned with concerns. He was shivering because of cold, his hair although curled with a style was still a mess, his face tired, a bit swollen but the most painful thing to witness was his eyes, they were red, puffy and exhausted, eye liner smudged around the corner. Looking at his dress, it looked as if he got here just from a photoshot or something. Breaking the intense eye contact, he slowly reached out to grab her hand on his, being extra careful enough as if he was holding something tender on his large strong hands.

 

Why are you here? Her heart desperately wanted to know but she was so guilty ridden that she couldn't ask him loud, all she could say at that moment was take his name.

 

"Jungkook ah" Her lips trembled as she took his name, Jungkook immediately glanced at her face with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter