Day of Wedding

Love isn't over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*2017 Present*

 

He took out his old cell phone and glanced at the same picture of hers dating six years ago as his background picture... He had safely saved it all this while. He just couldn't delete it for he'd been dwelling in his past times for a long time now. The picture reminded him of her, it reminded him of their memories together, it also reminded him of his first love and at the same time his first heart break. This picture meant special in so many ways.

 

Why couldn't I still move on from my first love?? Why can't I forget that night??

 

*The day of wedding*

 

He dressed himself up and got into the said venue... There were many guests, some he knew very well and some he never talked to before. Of course he planned to attend the ceremony, not because he was over his feelings but because he wanted to see her so bad, although it would hurt him as hell seeing the love of his life being taken by some one other than him yet all he wanted to and needed to do there was see her beautiful face, hear her soothing voice and inhale her fruity smell, one last time. After giving a much thought he decided to go meet her, he's sure he won't be able to see her again even if he loved to because that would be too much for his poor little broken heart to handle. His heart has already been infiltrated by her rejection that it could no more survive another fatal attack.

 

And there he saw her standing with her bridegroom.

 

She looked just the same, may be a little thinner than before but then again she always was thin. But something was different, he just couldn't pinpoint at that exact thing.

 

He marched towards her. It's been 6 years already but with every steps ahead his heart skipped a bit. By the time she saw him, he was already standing in the podium right front of her. As soon as he stood there, he was hit by that very familiar fruity smell. Closing his eyes, he inhaled deeply, and as he did so a contend smile stretched on his lips.

 

That's right. He'd missed this smell so badly...

 

He opened his eyes to see her glancing surprisingly towards him. She might not have noticed him when he walked towards her that when she did see him standing face to face, she was startled. But then she didn't think twice to gave him a sincere smile.

 

"You're late! I thought you wouldn't come!". She pouted looking at him. Surprisingly, she didn't look a bit wry or awkward instead there was a strange playfulness laced along with her voice as if they hung out frequently together and this wasn't their first meeting after a long span of time, Jungkook observed it right away. And as he thought of this, he reminisced the moment when he'd realized about him having no effect on her whatsoever. That time, he was hurt by this very truth and even now he couldn't stop his heart from cracking a little. The truth was still bitter nevertheless he masked his emotions with a fake smile.

 

"How could I miss it??? It's my noona's wedding after all?". He tried to bluff her, an act to look unaffected and cool but he very well knew internally that he couldn't deceive himself.

 

"It's the first time hearing that word from your mouth. You wouldn't say it before even when I forced you like hundred times". She laughed reminiscing the past, a bitter laugh that was well executed to look like a heartily laugh.

 

"Why??? Are you complaining??? I can always switch back to banmal if you want". He immediately fired back with a much forced tone. He didn't meant to sound sarcastic but he couldn't stop from being one too cause somewhere deep down a silent pain was piercing his heart slowly. She knew very well why he never addressed her as Noona but then why did she have to laugh at that? It felt as if she was mocking his feelings for her. His love for her was never fake, he wished if only she could get that.

 

Taken aback by his boldness, IU stopped laughing, somewhere she felt he didn't look that happy, he had his jaw clenched and eyes narrowed. "Whoa... Our kookie has grown up now. You seem much confident now!" She looked at him fondly and as she did that, his facial expressions softened. 

 

Just a small compliment was enough to please Jungkook, he no more looked agitated and strangely he hated to admit that. "Ahh do I?"

 

She didn't hesitate to nod her head right away. "Yes, you do. I like the present you better. Confident and bold. You're nothing like before."

 

Another compliment from her and his cheeks flared up in shade of pink. "Ahh... Do you want to marry me instead then?". He blurted out in a serious tone making both the bride and bridegroom stunned. 

 

Damn it! He wasn't supposed to say that. He sounded so very narcissistic and rude. But since the arrow had been pulled out from the bow, he waited for her response. For once, he wanted to be selfish.

 

Wait, was he expecting her to consider his offer and say yes?

 

But this must sounds absolutely crazy to say but yes his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter