009 Acceptance

We're not broken (just bent)

 

"Are you okay now?" Baekhyun rubbed Chanyeol's back smoothly as the taller heaves into the toilet bowl of public restroom. There is also a hint of amused smile from Baekhyun when the smaller tried to calm the green face Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol nodded repeatedly, assuring Baekhyun that he is indeed 'alright'. Taking in a deep breath, Chanyeol gets up and moved to the sink. Washing off his face. At the back of his head, he was quite ashamed of his response towards the roller coaster ride just now. His face paled at the sight of it and moreover, as soon as they get on it, his hands quickly searched for Baekhyun's and held it tightly. Eyes closing shut and mumble a mantra of 'oh God'. 

Also, as soon as they get off it, he walked faster to the place they have been until now. "You should have said that you're not going to ride it, you know. I should've ride it alone." Baekhyun said teasingly.

"No. No. I told you that I wanted to try and I am not going to let you ride it alone. It's dangerous." Chanyeol scrunched his face and showed it to Baekhyun. 

"Dangerous for you. It's exciting, isn't it?" Baekhyun lights up. 

Reluctantly, Chanyeol nodded his head. "Yeah, yeah..." Agreeing with Baekhyun's statement seems to be so hard now.

As Chanyeol kept washing his mouth, Baekhyun looked away with head full of stuff. They're being in silence for awhile. "At least..." Baekhyun started. "You're not lying when you said that you were afraid of fast ride." The smaller looked down, avoiding Chanyeol's eyes, whose looking at Baekhyun through the reflections in the mirror in front of him. Baekhyun is leaning his back on the wall with one leg bent and stepped on the wall, arms crossed on the chest. Head looking down with puppy ears headband. "I'm quite relieved about it." He whispered.

Chanyeol smiled bitterly without Baekhyun's knowing. "Well, I've also told you, I'm not lying hundred percent." His voice was smooth. Deeply smooth. 

Baekhyun looked up to meet with Chanyeol's reflections before flashing a small smile, well, a bit stretched on his lips, to Chanyeol. The smaller walked out of the public restroom.

Chanyeol let out a series of small sighs that day. He knew, Baekhyun tried to show that he's having a hard time believing and trusting him again. He walked out of the said place and greeted with Baekhyun smiling excitingly. 

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said as he gripped on Chanyeol's arm, eyes never turned away from what he saw interesting. "Let's ride that!" Baekhyun is full of smile now. 

Chanyeol was glad that he decided to bring Baekhyun here even if it kills him. 

All the time, they never realized a few clicked and shutter goes off from the nearest bushes. All of it focused on them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks. I had a great time..." Baekhyun make a pause. They're in Happiness Delight where they were treated as a VIP customers to eat their dinner where Chanyeol had drove from the amusement park. Chanyeol internally cooed at Baekhyun's timid appearance. He knew that Baekhyun had been so excited at the talk about amusement park but never had a chance to go and have fun as he had today.

True, Chanyeol once thought that he wanted to give up trying all the rides as he looked at the Vikings. However, the look on Baekhyun's face just told him that it all worth it if he tried. It was indeed worth it as he had clingy and scared Baekhyun in his embrace when they were going through the haunted house. It was cute scene where Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol's arm and screamed lightly as the ghosts came out from their hiding spots but do not tell Baekhyun, Chanyeol would treasure that moment in his whole life. 

"Don't worry, it's nothing really..." 

They fell into an awkward silence until the waitress entered the VIP room with their food. They thanked her and she quickly went out. She was also felt uncomfortable at the awkward situation where no one was talking. They ate silently but with occasional glances from Chanyeol to Baekhyun while Baekhyun kept mum. 

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol started as he cannot take it anymore. Baekhyun looked up from his plate to Chanyeol. "I... You have something on your lip." He said instead. He did wanted to say something about feelings with the smaller but he had not enough courage amd he was glad that a piece of food stuck on the other's lip so could be distracted.

Baekhyun arched an eyebrow and reached for the napkin on his lap. He tried to clean it but does not even brush it. Chanyeol took the chance and reached out his own hand to Baekhyun's face. He touched the plump lower lip and wiped off the said piece. Baekhyun sat there frozen. Chanyeol's hand was warm against his cold face that was exposed to the chilly air-conditioning VIP room. His heart was beating fast at the warm look from Chanyeol as he looked at the said person. 

He knew that Chanyeol had once again triggered his normal heart beating rate. 

Chanyeol took his hand away as he just realized what he had done. Was it too early for that? Was Baekhyun felt uncomfortable about it? If that so, Chanyeol was sure that he did something that Baekhyun would hate. Oh gosh, how stupid was he? 

"I-I... I'm sorry." Chanyeol whispered while looking down to his plate. He was a coward he knows but he just cannot look up to Baekhyun and witnessed the unhappy Baekhyun with his gesture just now.

Little did Chanyeol knew, a faint pink of blush rushed to Baekhyun's cheeks but Baekhyun quickly calmed himself down before Chanyeol knows about it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Uhm... Welcome back, Chan." Mrs. Park smiled awkwardly. She knew that she would get a curt nod from her son so she cut her speeches for her son to greet only. 

As expected, Chanyeol nodded. He had drove home after dropping off Baekhyun at his home. Although it was awkward but Baekhyun never stuttered any hated words to Chanyeol so he was slightly glad.

"Well..." Mrs. Park started again as her son did not say anything for a minute. "Take a nice shower and have a good night dream then..." She trailed off. She really sure that Chanyeol would just nod again so she flashed a quick small smile and stepped away. 

Chanyeol frowned. His mother did not ask him the usual. 'Have you had dinner?'. He pouted unconsciously. "I've had dinner but if you wanted to, I could accompany you,..." Mrs. Park stopped in her track. "Mom..." Chanyeol continued. He waited for awhile before he witnessed a relief smile radiated from his mother's face as soon as she turned around to him. She quickly gathered Chanyeol's tall and lanky figure in her arms. 

"Yes, yes... Please do." Mrs. Park whispered against her son's shoulder. Again, unconsciously, Chanyeol smiled. 

They made their way to the dining room. Their maid, Hyejin, smiled widely at the enthusiastic Mrs. Park sitting her son on the chair beside her. The food was served for a person but Chanyeol requested for a small portion for him to eat together. 

A few minutes passed, they ate with smiles adorned their faces but Chanyeol tried his luck. "Can I... I mean, the story... I mean, today, about today..." He struggled. Just because he never tell anything to his mother, never meant that he had not told anyo e about his days. It was just hard to tell his mother who he had not talk in informal way. 

Mrs. Park pressed the urge to chuckle. "Slowly, son. Well, I do want to heard your day today?" Mrs. Park smiled widely as soon as her son grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Have you heard about it?" Minseok started the conversation. The four of them were at the cafeteria early in the morning. Just because Luhan said, that was the only time they could be together as four and not eight (plus Chanyeol and friends). 

"About what?" Luhan mumbled as he chewed his sandwiches as breakfast. Kyungsoo trailed away from reading a book and put his attention to Minseok. Baekhyun just arched his brows and stuffed his mouth with eggs. 

"Chanyeol's dating issue." Cue for Baekhyun to choked on his eggs. Hands flailing to get his drink. 

"You okay?" Kyungsoo patted on his back. 

"That ! I knew it! He just broke up with Baek and he goes dating freely." Luhan huffed. "That was why I said, we can't trust them!" 

"But, Lulu..." Minseok fished out his phone out his pocket and searched something as Luhan scrunched his nose. 

"Don't take his side, Min. I mean, look, Baekhyun is here mourning about-..." 

"Baekhyun is the one he was with." Minseok ed his phone onto Luhan's face. Frowning, Luhan took the phone and studied the picture attached with a big title. Baekhyun paled as soon as he understood the situation. 

'Park's heir on his date with a gorgeous unknown man.' 

The picture was clearly showing Baekhyun's feature with the rich side. His hair was up and he wore clothes like rich person.

"The heck, Baek! What were you doing?!" Luhan screeched. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Short? I know but I just needed some more time to develop this story. Thanks again for reading and votes are much more appreciated. Thanks a lot. With more votes, more inspiration for me so please, vote this up. >.< I'm so unashamed. Hmm...